Best draft position for a ppr league this year?

Search

Tokens
I looooovvveee golden Tate in mid round 4. Absolute rock solid

Currently I'm trying to trade a guy in my league for golden tate. I'm offering him Jamison Crowder and Alfred Morris for Tate. He probably wont go for it but if he does my team will be Green, Baldwin, Tate, Cory Davis, John Brown at WR and Zeke, Ajayi, Deon Lewis, Burkhead, Marlon Mack, Chubb and Brieda at rb

Handicapper
Tokens
Chop you said you wil take the pats bet but didn’t name the team or the stakes so the browns and 5k is cool?

Good luck

give me a few days to think about it .
Its basically a free roll fading pats just figuring out which team gives me the best shot at an outright win .

Handicapper
Tokens
My rule is if I absolutely love a player and there is a 50% chance he won’t be there with my next pick I can reach .

Tokens
You obviously didn't read my post in it's entirety (please stop with the Drake nonsense). Let's revisit it so you can get it straight...

"That's the order they were drafted. Clearly most people understand that the Giants offensive line is subpar. Barkley ranks no higher than 9th on the charts I use (so yeah, a couple of those guys could have drafted Barkley before but not much earlier). Admittedly, I don't really blame them on Barkley. With that line protecting Eli, he won't have that much time to throw. He better hope OBJ gets open quick. And if the passing game is off, that's not going to bode well for the rushing game. Johnson went later for similar reasons (lack of trust in Bradford and a running back coming off a severe injury). I wasn't worried about it as I already had Gurley. I already gave you the charts I have on Barkley. Plenty of people think he'll be outscored by the 8 in front of him.

I further went on to say who the 8 in front of him were....

1. Gurley
2. Elliott
3. Kamara
4. Bell
5. Johnson
6. Hunt
7. McCaffery
8. Fournette
9. Gordon

As for the offensive line ranking....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-entering-2018

NYG #25 (like I said, they suck). The only one worst than them is the one that surprisingly has David Johnson (yeah that guy you said should be drafted so high that you just had to join our league because the owners don't know what they're doing, lol)

As mentioned, depends on the site you use. Sporting News has Barkeley at 9, SBR Nation has him at 8, my source has him at 9. In addition (not that I care as he wasn't the ones listed in front of Barkley), but most sites have Drake in the 15 to 16 spot. Give me a break on the #35 ranking (probably the same outlier site that has Barkley listed at 5). I noticed you didn't have a lot to say on the Cobb comment. Like I said, last year was arguably his worst and you don't have any numbers to prove otherwise (which is probably why you dodged it). I'll let my comments stand on their merits and have a good laugh when I revisit this thread later in the season. Talk to you in a couple of months.

#1. you say these are the 8 people in front of him but you list 9 guys. Math is hard. For the record I have no problem with listing Barkey as the 9th RB
#2. Yes the giants have a line ranked #25. Also the Chargers are #23, The jags are #15. The Chiefs are #18 and Carolina is #21 so we aren't talking the rest of those guy play behind great OL's.
#3. Most people also realize that Barkley is also going to catch 60 plus balls and have over 300 touches easy, very likely 350+. As a general rule touches mean points in fantasy football. Melvin Gordon has never averaged 4 yards a carry in his career but he still goes really high in drafts because he touches the ball 21-22 times a game.

As far as me saying Drake was around #35 that means his ADP in the draft not his ranking among only rb's. In fact your sporting news has him being drafted at #47, which would be the 21st rb off the board but pick #47, while they have Barkley as the #9 rb going at pick #14. #14 is a lot higher then #47.

Lastly go back and read the thread. In post #26 in this thread you most certainly did say that both Cook and Drake were drafted before Barkley in your league. With Cook I wouldn't argue. They both get drafted within 6 picks or so of each other so thats not bad. However, either Barkley went really really late or Drake went way way to high. Period. Again their average draft positions are like 30 pick apart.

Yes in my personal rankings I'd probably put Barkley as #7 Rb. So I'm fine if you want to put him at #9 but in post #26 you said that in your league Drake was drafted before Barkley and that David Johnson was the 8th RB off the board which both of those things are fucking absurd.

That is no way is saying you don't know what you're doing. It's saying that if Drake was truly drafted before Barkley in your league that either there is a Dolphin homer in that league or atleast some of the people don't know what they are doing.

Tokens
As a side note OL rankings before the season basically mean less then shit.

Last year pro football focus had the Chargers ranked as the #21 OL and Melvin Gordon finished as the #5 RB.

The Rams were the #18 OL and Gurley was a man child last year and the #1 RB

San Fran was the #27 OL and Carlos Hyde finished as the #8 RB

Tokens
As a side note OL rankings before the season basically mean less then shit.

Last year pro football focus had the Chargers ranked as the #21 OL and Melvin Gordon finished as the #5 RB.

The Rams were the #18 OL and Gurley was a man child last year and the #1 RB

San Fran was the #27 OL and Carlos Hyde finished as the #8 RB

That's like saying win totals before the season mean shit. Obviously once the year starts, stuff happens that goes against the consensus opinion.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't take all relevant info into account when making decisions.

OL rankings just matter less now because RB's accumulate more of their pts via short passes (and sometimes having a mediocre/bad OL helps this) and get more pts out of the receiving game in general. Just as a league trend and a fantasy football trend of leagues going full PPR.

Tokens
That's like saying win totals before the season mean shit. Obviously once the year starts, stuff happens that goes against the consensus opinion.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't take all relevant info into account when making decisions.

OL rankings just matter less now because RB's accumulate more of their pts via short passes (and sometimes having a mediocre/bad OL helps this) and get more pts out of the receiving game in general. Just as a league trend and a fantasy football trend of leagues going full PPR.

Right. I completely agree, which is why saying the giants OL starting the year ranked #25 is not a great argument when we all know their RB will likely have 70 receptions. And the other RB's we are comparing Barkley to also don't have highly ranked OL's.

Tokens
To what degree is still uncertain, but Barkley is gonna have to overcome more than most with the Giants OL and a QB that probably shouldn't be starting anymore. Not sure their D has them in many positive game scripts for him either.

If he's that good and stays healthy, he probably overcomes all of that but he certainly has more hurdles than the other guys on the list. His ranking is almost entirely based on talent.

Tokens
To what degree is still uncertain, but Barkley is gonna have to overcome more than most with the Giants OL and a QB that probably shouldn't be starting anymore. Not sure their D has them in many positive game scripts for him either.

If he's that good and stays healthy, he probably overcomes all of that but he certainly has more hurdles than the other guys on the list. His ranking is almost entirely based on talent.

I don't even disagree with most of what you're saying here. I personally don't love Barley all that much. I don't own him in any league or best ball or anything. My entire thing was that anyone that is drafting Drake before Barkley is doing fantasy football wrong. I'd personally take Gordon or Hunt and possibly Fornette (depending on scoring system) before taking Barkley. I have zero problem with that take.

Tokens
Kelan Cole....Dede Westbrook might be OK too

Godwin perhaps, good cuff for Evans too

Risard Matthews (maybe Corey Davis just isn't good, Delanie is old)

Cam Meredith (good '16 with Bears, why not with Saints?)

Davante Parker (He's hurt but seems like he is worth a flyer late. Landry is gone and Amendola will die fast if he gets any kind of real workload. Maybe Parker can get back eventually and be the #1)

Brandon Marshall (Don't laugh. He made the team and had a better camp than expected. Wilson will get over 600 pass attempts this year if healthy and Baldwin is already hurt. Graham/Richardson gone.)

Geronimo Allison (Lots of targets avail in GB with Jordy gone and Rodgers back)

Terrelle Pryor (Why not? Jets need someone to throw to)

Tokens
Thanks pats.

Last question

Rank them

Mike Evans, davante Adam's, AJ Green.

Tokens
Probably just same as the consensus with Adams 1st. I'd take Evans over Green if his QB situation wasn't up in the air right now.

I think Demaryius Thomas has a good chance to have a good year. Was 1 of the best WR's in the league then just gets hit with 3 seasons of the worst QB play in the league in the middle of his prime. And Sanders was miserable last year, seems like it won't be a 1-1A situation anymore.

Fwiw re: Cooper yesterday I saw a stat Jon Gruden has had a 1k yard receiver every year in the NFL that he has been HC. Including 2 years in Tampa with Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant. WIth Brad Johnson and Jeff Garcia throwing to them.

Tokens
Probably just same as the consensus with Adams 1st. I'd take Evans over Green if his QB situation wasn't up in the air right now.

I think Demaryius Thomas has a good chance to have a good year. Was 1 of the best WR's in the league then just gets hit with 3 seasons of the worst QB play in the league in the middle of his prime. And Sanders was miserable last year, seems like it won't be a 1-1A situation anymore.

Fwiw re: Cooper yesterday I saw a stat Jon Gruden has had a 1k yard receiver every year in the NFL that he has been HC. Including 2 years in Tampa with Michael Clayton and Antonio Bryant. WIth Brad Johnson and Jeff Garcia throwing to them.
I read that stat as well

Cooper is my mid round 3 target if I dont get Diggs in that spot. Thielen going before Diggs is crazy with gun slinger cousin at the helm. Took baldwin off my board after his comment that he wont be healthy all year. Fitz my third choice there.

Tokens
I think Sony Michel is a huge late rd mid-steal.

Unless he just blows, I don't see how he doesn't became the main back eventually. And even if he doesn't become the main back, he'll probably be good enough to be your RB2 in PPR. Belichick isn't taking a RB in rd 1 in Tom Brady's age 41 season not to play him. And Rex Burkhead has been decent, but he's no Dion Lewis. Not to mention he's been injury prone as well.

Tokens
I read that stat as well

Cooper is my mid round 3 target if I dont get Diggs in that spot. Thielen going before Diggs is crazy with gun slinger cousin at the helm. Took baldwin off my board after his comment that he wont be healthy all year. Fitz my third choice there.

Thielen stays on the field though. Diggs has had soft tissue injuries his entire career. I think it's close enough that I'd just give Thielen the edge based on durability.

Tokens
#1. you say these are the 8 people in front of him but you list 9 guys. Math is hard. For the record I have no problem with listing Barkey as the 9th RB
#2. Yes the giants have a line ranked #25. Also the Chargers are #23, The jags are #15. The Chiefs are #18 and Carolina is #21 so we aren't talking the rest of those guy play behind great OL's.
#3. Most people also realize that Barkley is also going to catch 60 plus balls and have over 300 touches easy, very likely 350+. As a general rule touches mean points in fantasy football. Melvin Gordon has never averaged 4 yards a carry in his career but he still goes really high in drafts because he touches the ball 21-22 times a game.

As far as me saying Drake was around #35 that means his ADP in the draft not his ranking among only rb's. In fact your sporting news has him being drafted at #47, which would be the 21st rb off the board but pick #47, while they have Barkley as the #9 rb going at pick #14. #14 is a lot higher then #47.

Lastly go back and read the thread. In post #26 in this thread you most certainly did say that both Cook and Drake were drafted before Barkley in your league. With Cook I wouldn't argue. They both get drafted within 6 picks or so of each other so thats not bad. However, either Barkley went really really late or Drake went way way to high. Period. Again their average draft positions are like 30 pick apart.

Yes in my personal rankings I'd probably put Barkley as #7 Rb. So I'm fine if you want to put him at #9 but in post #26 you said that in your league Drake was drafted before Barkley and that David Johnson was the 8th RB off the board which both of those things are fucking absurd.

That is no way is saying you don't know what you're doing. It's saying that if Drake was truly drafted before Barkley in your league that either there is a Dolphin homer in that league or atleast some of the people don't know what they are doing.

Yawn

More disingenuous nonsense.

1. Continues to ignore his nonsensical comment about Cobb (clearly because it was stupid and you were wrong)

2. Continues to comment on Drake which has nothing to do with any point being made here other than someone in our league picked him

3. Yes, I meant to say there were 9 people, not 8, on the list ahead of Barkley (so sue me). And when he was referring to average draft position, I assumed he was talking about RBs, not the entire league

4. Hard to argue with someone who just can't admit he's wrong on the offensive line rankings (and their importance). There are 32 NFL. 16 is the midpoint. Anything about 16 is above average, anything below it is below average (yes I know, math is hard). There's no sense in wasting time with a person thinking there's no difference between 15th (above average) and 25th (significantly below average). But I know, in your misguided world, they're the same.

5. Again, no "most people" do not realize Barkley is going to catch 60+ balls (but you can repeat it all you like). I posted his estimate and it's 43.

Done talking to you as it's like talking to a wall. Do continue to dodge and spin.

Tokens
Yawn

More disingenuous nonsense.

1. Continues to ignore his nonsensical comment about Cobb (clearly because it was stupid and you were wrong)

2. Continues to comment on Drake which has nothing to do with any point being made here other than someone in our league picked him

3. Yes, I meant to say there were 9 people, not 8, on the list ahead of Barkley (so sue me). And when he was referring to average draft position, I assumed he was talking about RBs, not the entire league

4. Hard to argue with someone who just can't admit he's wrong on the offensive line rankings (and their importance). There are 32 NFL. 16 is the midpoint. Anything about 16 is above average, anything below it is below average (yes I know, math is hard). There's no sense in wasting time with a person thinking there's no difference between 15th (above average) and 25th (significantly below average). But I know, in your misguided world, they're the same.

5. Again, no "most people" do not realize Barkley is going to catch 60+ balls (but you can repeat it all you like). I posted his estimate and it's 43.

Done talking to you as it's like talking to a wall. Do continue to dodge and spin.

Good god you just don't get it. The only thing about any of these RB's I ever said was my response to you post #26 where in your league Johnson was the 8th rb off the board (which im assuming was like the 9th or 10th pick?) and someone took Drake before Barkley. Thats literally the only rb argument i was ever making. I'm completely correct on both accounts yet you bring in these other rb's that I never once said were better or worse then Barkley. Yes I would take alot of your 9 rb's before Barkley too. I never one time said I wouldn't. You could make a valid argument for any order you want of Kamara, hunt, gordon, barkley, or fornette. You are in a league where David Johnson was the 8th rb off the board and someone took Drake before Barkley. That is literally the only thing i was ever arguing because both of those things are absurd. Did I ever say gordon was trash compared to Barkley? or Hunt or Fornette ect? No I did not. My first response was simply to post #26 where there was two ridiculous picks in your draft. No decent fantasy player would draft Drake before Barkley, end of discussion. You keep saying shit like "Drake has nothing to with any point being made" Umm, yes it does, because that is the only thing i was replying too in post #26. I don't give two shit where you rank those other rb's. I have several of them above Barkley also. You posted who got drafted in what order in your league and i specifically replied to that post and about those two things only (Johnson and Drake).

Tokens
As far as Cobb I really don't care. He basically had the same year in 2017 that he had in 2016. If you want to include his game averages for the two less games he played then he would've ended the year with 3 more catches and 50 more yards in 2016 to 2017. Yes massive deterioration there. Cobb has had 1 good year in his career. Other then that one year he is just a decent wr that has 600-850 yards and 4-5 tds. The better argument for Adams having a bigger year would be that Aaron Rogers only played 7 games last year so assuming he plays 16 then it's logical to expect the wr's to have better stats. I still don't expect Adams to have some huge monster year though with Graham in the mix now. Graham is going to get 100 plus targets this year which already exceeds the number of targets that Nelson got last year so chances are Adams isn't going to see a large number of increase in targets. Yes I do think Adams with go over 1000 yards which he has never done and there is also a decent chance he does't score double digit td's now with graham being a good red zone threat. I believe that convo was a discussion about who to take, Adams, Green or Evans. In that scenario I would also choose Adams as the best pick. The stats you gave for Adams would basically put him right at wr #7-8 on the year, which is exactly where I have him ranked. So we are in agreement there. I guess I just don't consider that some big breakout year for him as he had 885 yards and 10 td's in 14 games last year, which extrapolated out over 16 games is 1,011 yards and 11.5 td's, which is literally almost exactly the same number of fantasy points you're projecting him to score this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vuim2319
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com