Verizon verizon verizon

Search

Tokens
The fed raised rates early to gain a weapon in case there is a recession and ATT is burden with debt, but that debt is paying dividends , T is at a 7% dividend, so I took a small bite at putting in a market order at the bottom 22.16 and got shares at 29.23 and 29.24. BATS is so corrupt. Wait for sub 29 prices to purchase again.

Verizon has become a wild animal, (-0.27%) on volume of 51,292,567 but that was a lat afternoon kick .70 cents up tick; I have never thought i would see so much volatility in a utility stock. Ill be keeping my eye on the Ex dates for both of these stocks 01/09/2019, I continue to see strong cash flows and outlook for both of these business. AT 53 I can dollar cost average this down to it bottom and collect plus.04% a year in passive income & day trading it all the way down. I also hope to be launching my own solar automation system in 2020 that has been in the works since 2015.

Solar Automation?

Why wait until 2020.....fed tax credit of 30% is over after 2019. Does scale down. There is a safe harbor of 30% if 5% of project is paid for in 2019.

Solar business is booming in Minnesota right now.

Handicapper
Tokens
The U.S.-China trade dispute escalated sharply Monday, as Beijing retaliated against higher U.S. tariffs with plans to increase levies on $60 billion in U.S. imports, this is a great opportunity to pick up some value stocks in the service area. Verizon below 56 , keeping an eye on their reduction of debt, along with AT&T. Republic Services, Inc. i first learned about this stock when it was part of Bill Gates portfolio, but he has long since sold his stock positions when he started his The Giving Pledge bullshit, all three consistently make efforts to reward its shareholders through dividend payments, i was a buyer today and will be a buyer of all three tomorrow, i don't hold stocks, i rent them and I turn them over as fast as possible buying and selling the same ticker 2-4 times a day.

Handicapper
Tokens
More people have given up on finding work and therefore are no longer counted as either working or unemployed. That's why the unemployment rate keeps dropping. It isn't the underlying strength of the economy that reaches all levels of society. The number of jobs might be keeing rough pace with the growth of the population. That has implications for income inequality — fewer people working means less income and wealth. I was taught in college that growing employment should drive up wages !!!

Unemployment will keep dropping being replaced by artificial intelligence and automation and universal basic income for all american adults, this will be a paradigm shift, ford might become a last mile delivery and shipping company, space x might become a telecommunication company the. I used to use "Barriers to entry" as a variable and now there are stock i don't dare not hold like Amazon and Microsoft and Google.

And this Thing I saw! How can I describe it? A monstrous tripod, higher than many houses, striding over the young pine trees, and smashing them aside in its career; a walking engine of glittering metal, striding now across the heather; articulate ropes of steel dangling from it, and the clattering tumult of its passage mingling with the riot of the thunder.

Handicapper
Tokens
LUCKIN COFFEE INC. (LK) IPO. This is not my typical stock investment , My daughter turned me on to this brand, the last time I met with her her in NYC "Luckin Coffee chain" I feel like this is the opposite of what Peter Lynch would say .. “I've never said, 'If you go to a mall, see a Starbucks and say it's good coffee, you should call Fidelity brokerage and buy the stock,'”

But this is what has happened ... Crazy cheap cappuccinos China's Luckin Coffee chain goes public. Luckin faces an identity crisis: analysts can't quite decide whether to treat it as a coffee chain, a tech company or something in between.
finances remain firmly in the red. In the first three months of this year, Luckin lost $85bn on sales of $71bn. Luckin caters to Chinese tastes. Its focus is more on pick-up and online orders rather than creating a comfortable place to sit and sip, as Starbucks aims to do.

Analysts say Luckin has little chance of competing against Starbucks outside China on the basis of its products or restaurants. But its extensive use of technology could give it a cost advantage over Starbucks, especially in developing countries. I like the Amazon like attack on the coffee market, I like the technology , I like making coffee back into a convenience not an indulgence. Luckin Coffee shops have no cashiers. Customers order and pay for their drinks through an app.

Success is figuring out how to grow a large and loyal base of coffee drinkers. And to do that, it needs a good menu of enticing items. It has even brought on 2014 World Barista Champion, Hidenori Izaki, to help design its recipes and advise it on things like ingredient selection. “Chinese consumers’ taste tendencies are not yet fixed but frequently changing,” Izaki, the World Barista Champion and Luckin’s coffee consultant, told Quartz in an email. “We always analyze and adjust recipes of drinks” such as the strength and sweetness of the coffee. To keep up with the latest consumer trends, Izaki travels regularly throughout China to research flavors and tastes.

I like a company that is more nimble and flexible and closer to the peoples need and wants and trends.

Handicapper
Tokens
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Market Summary > [COLOR=#212121 !important]Luckin Coffee Inc - ADR[/COLOR]

FollowFollowing

NASDAQ: LK
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]20.99[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)] USD[/COLOR] +1.58 (8.14%)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Closed: Jul 15, 5:25 PM EDT · [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Disclaimer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.619607843137255)]After hours [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]20.98[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.619607843137255)] [/COLOR]−0.010 (0.048%)

Hope some of you fasted today .. I sold at 20.76 , I don't have Steve Eisman ice cold vains to do the bleeding edge, but that is a nice sweet profit, champagne wishes and caviar dreams. NASDAQ: SBUX 91.61

Handicapper
Tokens
Market Summary > Luckin Coffee Inc - ADR
NASDAQ: LK
20.99 USD +1.58 (8.14%)
Closed: Jul 15, 5:25 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 20.98 −0.010 (0.048%)

Tokens
Smartmoney:

Most of the members on this website won't look into the future and look at where the world is going. Too busy deny climate change as a hoax and making things political. When comes to making money I will definitely bet on the Yankees even thought they are my least favorite team.

There are probably a couple hundred solar panel manufacturers. But there are allot less inverter manufacturing companies. The residential market is 20 times as large as the commercial market in the USA. The two main players are solar edege and enphase. I like solar edge (SEDG) product better (because they have commerical products too) than enphase but both of the stocks are kickng ass. If the democrats win the next election they will probably do even better.

The next big wave is going to be electric vehicles. I have been saying this for awhile. I have a customer that is implementing the first electric semi trucks into his fleet and installing a large solar array at the same time. It is coming...just a matter of how fast. With that same thinking I think there could be a huge demand for electric vans. Big companies are just not nimble enough to move quickly. I am intrigued by WKHS.

Northern Star

Handicapper
Tokens
Northern Star

It is good to hear from you , I am in total agreement with your thinking, and my next car or truck purchase will be a EV, but I have been playing the utilities that service large congested cites where people can not utilize a solar system like consolidated edison, until last weeks substation faulty relay protection system failure.

The next big wave is going to be electric vehicles and the money is in semi trucks and last mile vans. I know that UPS worked closely with Workhorse, to redesign the trucks "from the ground up," UPS's senior director of maintenance and engineering. Motiv Power Systems delivered its first of seven all-electric step vans to the United States Postal Service (USPS) as part of CARB funding program. The savings for major logistics players not having to predict market fluctuation in fuel prices. And I never count out Telsa, If Tesla would just focus on semi trucks, that's where the big money is, but it would cost the US 10 million jobs.

But the company i have my eye on is Ford. Ford acquired Argo AI for $1 billion from Carnegie Mellon alums Bryan Salesky and Peter Rander. The two have worked individually with Google and Uber. Ford Motor Company's latest innovation is a a two-legged robot designed and built by Agility Robotics called Digit that is designed to deliver packages of up to 40 pounds and is capable of navigating uneven terrain and stairs. I think adding EV to an existing product that drives is self and has a robot as part of the system unit is the next category killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Iey_wfo0I

Handicapper
Tokens
Not just working class jobs , at least 50% of the people need to replaced, the people who either don't prepare themselves for the for the employment market, and think they are entitled to a job. People who think the job needs to be structured around them, and meet their needs, they need to meet and exceed the needs of the job. The people who think they are being discriminated and need affirmative action, when the requirements have been lowered for them. I support all of the companies who i feel will help make this a reality, Google DeepMind, Microsoft, nvidia who my personal automation company is working with and use their Jetson TX2 embedded AI computing device which is a brilliant product, Viscon Hydroponics. There should be two classes the rich and the subjugated. If the poor need something, they need to place the blame firmly on their past generations who had the opportunity to work, but choose other options, now we just have no use for you except at consumers. Unfortunately we are headed for universal basic income.

Handicapper
Tokens
Geopolitical fears rise and Trump calling it "100% correct that the Fed 'raised' far too fast and too early.", rumor that the Federal Reserve might have met, crude falling, gold is rising in dollar terms ... Microsoft's Surface and cloud focus helps boost Q4 earnings earnings for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2019, including revenue of $33.7 billion, net income of $13.2 billion, and earnings per share of $1.71. President Trump has requested more information on the process by which the Pentagon developed its cloud-computing contract, Amazon.com Inc. AMZN, -0.68% and Microsoft Corp. MSFT, -0.16% are the final contenders for the contract, after Oracle Corp. ORCL, -1.00% and International Business Machines Corp IBM, +0.03% were eliminated in an earlier round.

AWS Snowmobile can move massive volumes of data, from on-premises to the ... Each Snowmobile is a secured data truck with up to 100PB storage capacity. Inspite of MS good numbers outside forces left the price flat today and drove it down .22 in the after market, and amazon down 3.83 in the after market. IBM’s cloud business is growing, but it pales in comparison to the competition. Its second-quarter cloud revenue climbed 5%. Microsoft’s Azure enjoyed revenue growth of 64% in the company’s fourth quarter of its fiscal year, while AWS jumped more than 41% in its first quarter. Just this week AT&T inked a reported $2 billion deal with Microsoft to move most of its internal business applications used by its largest unit to Microsoft’s Azure cloud. As part of the agreement, AT&T’s (T) employees will use Azure’s productivity tools and services.

On Monday i will be adding Microsoft and will continue all thru the rest of earning season as i feel a lot of stocks are going to get eviscerated.

Tokens
Smart:

One of the few on the forum that can actually think outside of the box and not make something political and actually be open to hearing others opinions and be willing to listen or maybe even change your mind on something.

Most people cant look into the future and see the change coming. I think it is because most people don't like change....in anything. I can kick myself the number of times that I have been right in the middle of things and didn't see the potential for something good or bad happening. Sitting in the forest and not noticing the trees. I totally agree that people are going not have jobs in the not too near future. Businesses will invest to get rid of jobs. Those without skills are in trouble.

The wealth gap continues to widen with fewer people having a larger percentage of the wealth. The wealthy will try to keep the "poor" with just enough so they dont revolt. Been happening for a long time and people dont even know it is happening. I do think at some point when things get bad enough history will repeat and the poor will revolt and take the wealth from the rich. The ability to communicate and mobilize in the world today will make it much easier that one if by land and two if by sea.

No one will ever get elected by raising taxes and cutting debt or by saying the federal government is way to big and we need to cut it (too many people making money working for the government). The federal government is so big that you cut off one head two more pop up somewhere else. So with the debt increasing and eventually getting too big to service what will happen?

I have a very successful friend who reads all of the time. He gives me books that he thinks have ideas about what may happen. We have had this conversation numerous times. I have said the debt and our inability to spend what we bring in from taxes is a huge problem since back in the 80's. He used to disagree with me and used to think it was small relative to our GDP. It continues to get worse and now he agrees with me. I keep saying at some point we will "pull a Trump" and default on the debt. Which is a definite possibility and not sure how that plays out around the world. He thinks a more likely scenario is we just totally deflate the dollar and pay it off with dollars that are not worth as much. Another real possibility. Either option is going to have a significant effect on peoples wealth.

So the ultimate question is what are the steps to protect your assets and what to invest in?

I think the stock market overall is over valued. When the dow hit 25,000 my opinion was it would be more likely to go to 20,000 than 30,000. It has been trading in a fairly narrow band of 24-27 overall.

I diversified much more and went significantly more conservative. Got out of quite a few winners that had seen significant growth. Put some into precious metals. My friend went to Vietnam and bought about a half million in gold and put it into some sort safe you can rent there. I didn't go to that extreme but he thinks having some in "literally hard assets" is a good move.

The other move which I am somewhat intrigued by is the crytpo currency. I can see some applications of moving money around via the crypto but even more so as a bit of a hedge if the US currency starts hitting the fan through one of the above methods. Also the fact that in other countries people want to hide their assets from the government.....like China.

Just curious to your thoughts?

Handicapper
Tokens
The wealth gap continues to widen, but i think the the rich are unable able to help the poor as a group now, even if they wanted to, the poor just are not willing to fight the war of attrition that is takes to raise one self to a higher income level and higher level of socialization . My father told me in the 70s that there was going to be second civil war in america between the races. Individual leaders will face significant transitions for their nations, but power will continue to be polarized by the few even faster due to manipulation of technology, we see this more with wealth being acquired and consolidated because its much more quantifiable . So with the debt increasing and eventually getting too big to service what will happen? that is far beyond my ability to hypothesis.

The steps to protect assets and what to invest in, I keep my money as liquid as possible, so only i can use my money as leverage. I do not diversified my stock portfolio, rather i buy stock that I consider well run and diversified like Comcast. The only physical commodity I would consider is water, I can store it , I can protect it from physical biological and chemical contamination with power from a photovoltaic system. I have no faith in crytpo currency, we already have digital currency that is highly regulated. The volatility in Bitcoin does not yet have a generally accepted index and Cryptocurrency is not a revenue-producing asset. Cryptocurrency is not a store of value. Its just not for me.
I do think there is still value in the market and look for the whales to swallow the little fish and think we are going to see a greater level of market efficiency.

Handicapper
Tokens
This caught my eye as a threat to Verizon And AT&T.

Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI. Musk has hinted at the existence of Neuralink a few times over the last six months or so. More recently, Musk told a crowd in Dubai, “Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence.” He added that “it's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output." Will the demand for bandwidth grow exponentially as cyber attribution moves forward, is SpaceX intending on being the provide of broadband internet connectivity for Neuralink.

Tokens
The wealth gap continues to widen, but i think the the rich are unable able to help the poor as a group now, even if they wanted to, the poor just are not willing to fight the war of attrition that is takes to raise one self to a higher income level and higher level of socialization . My father told me in the 70s that there was going to be second civil war in america between the races. Individual leaders will face significant transitions for their nations, but power will continue to be polarized by the few even faster due to manipulation of technology, we see this more with wealth being acquired and consolidated because its much more quantifiable . So with the debt increasing and eventually getting too big to service what will happen? that is far beyond my ability to hypothesis.

The steps to protect assets and what to invest in, I keep my money as liquid as possible, so only i can use my money as leverage. I do not diversified my stock portfolio, rather i buy stock that I consider well run and diversified like Comcast. The only physical commodity I would consider is water, I can store it , I can protect it from physical biological and chemical contamination with power from a photovoltaic system. I have no faith in crytpo currency, we already have digital currency that is highly regulated. The volatility in Bitcoin does not yet have a generally accepted index and Cryptocurrency is not a revenue-producing asset. Cryptocurrency is not a store of value. Its just not for me.
I do think there is still value in the market and look for the whales to swallow the little fish and think we are going to see a greater level of market efficiency.

I think like your dad said there will be some sort of cival war but it will be a class war....the poor against the wealthy.

I also totally agree that water will eventually be something else there will be a fight over. Just don't know a good way to invest in it. We have tons of fresh water in Minnesota. Kind of a dumb story bit one of the big recreational lakes in the twin cities that was spring fed saw their lake drying up because the surrounded suburbs grew and increased their consumption from the aquifiers. They looked at a plan of pumping the water out of the Mississippi into this lake. What a dumb plan but if you are near the source you can do stuff like that and screw everybody else downstream.

I do think the real risk of devaluing the dollar will cause significant problems. Wont matter if your funds are in a cash position or in blue chip stocks. Comcast may be a great stock but I absolutely hate that company and could never invest in them even if it was the best investment out their. There are other well run companies that are good investments. Buying some more Boeing on the dip wouldnt be the worse thing.

Not sure if buying a hard asset like an apartment building would be a good idea.

Being in the solar industry I also can build and own solar arrays and sell the electricity to places like schools, cities and other non profits that don't have a tax liability. I met with some people last week that have a bunch of projects and they are probably better than any stocks I could buy with very steady returns and very low risk. One was a hospital group and the second was some credit unions. Odds of not getting paid are pretty low on those two types of entities. We probably have more projects than we have investors and I can cherry pick and find businesses that I would like to own an array for 7-10 years with a steady income stream. If these solar arrays are good enough for Warren Buffet should be good enough for me.

I am also looking at a small company that I havent pulled the trigger on yet. Seems to fit a little the way you think but not big and established. I like to wait and watch for awhile before I buy. Seems like every time I jump feet first I am able to hit a short term high. haha,

Handicapper
Tokens
I look forward to hearing any new investments ideas would like to share, thank you again Northern star

UPS has exercised options to order 14 additional Boeing 747-8 Freighters, providing additional capacity in support of accelerating demand for U.S. and international air services.

The aircraft build on the company’s 2016 order of 14 Boeing 747-8Fs. UPS will also purchase 4 new Boeing 767 Freighters, adding capacity for customers on both U.S. and international routes.

“As we celebrate the 30th anniversary of UPS Airlines today, we are seeing unprecedented demand for our air products,” said UPS Airlines President Brendan Canavan. “The new freighters will allow us to continue upsizing aircraft on routes and will create a cascading effect that will boost capacity on regional routes around the world.”

“UPS has clearly tapped into the power and efficiency the 747-8 Freighter brings to the market,” said Boeing Commercial Airplanes president and CEO Kevin McAllister. “We’re impressed with how UPS is leveraging the airplane in its operations, and also excited to see them bring additional 767s into their fleet.”

Boeing said it booked orders for 912 commercial airplanes, the seventh highest annual total for the company. Those orders pushed Boeing's backlog at the end of 2017 to 5,864 commercial airplanes, an all-time high. The backlog of orders totals about seven years' worth of production, according to Boeing.

UPS is my largest holding, so it has not been a good last two weeks, I will be buying more BA on Monday.

When I started this thread, was before I had my solar system in my back yard, so i never considered a EV car; so the new Bentley will have to wait till they make a EV. I have owned a GT since before I stated this thread, fun car to drive , lost of technical problems , really good engine and nice to look at.

The stock UPS, +1.97% jumped 8.7% for a fifth straight gain, as volume swelled to 12.1 million shares, or roughly four times the full-day average.
The rally was the biggest one-day percentage gain since the stock shot up 9.4% on Oct. 28, 2008. On that day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average recorded its third-best point gain in its history of 889 points, and 7th-best percentage gain of 10.9%, while the Dow transports rose 6.2%.
The stock’s price gain of $9.12 was its biggest ever since it went public in November 1999, was accounting for the bulk of the Dow Jones Transportation Average’s DJT, +0.77% rise of 58 points, or 0.5%. In comparison, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.19% slumped 79 points, or 0.3%.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Market Summary > [COLOR=#212121 !important]United Parcel Service, Inc.[/COLOR]

FollowFollowing

NYSE: UPS
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]120.58[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)] USD[/COLOR] +2.33 (1.97%)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Closed: Jul 26, 7:34 PM EDT · [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]Disclaimer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.62)]After hours 120.57 −0.010 (0.0083%)[/COLOR]

Handicapper
Tokens
LUCKIN COFFEE INC. (LK) IPO. This is not my typical stock investment , My daughter turned me on to this brand, the last time I met with her her in NYC "Luckin Coffee chain" I feel like this is the opposite of what Peter Lynch would say .. “I've never said, 'If you go to a mall, see a Starbucks and say it's good coffee, you should call Fidelity brokerage and buy the stock,'”

But this is what has happened ... Crazy cheap cappuccinos China's Luckin Coffee chain goes public. Luckin faces an identity crisis: analysts can't quite decide whether to treat it as a coffee chain, a tech company or something in between.
finances remain firmly in the red. In the first three months of this year, Luckin lost $85bn on sales of $71bn. Luckin caters to Chinese tastes. Its focus is more on pick-up and online orders rather than creating a comfortable place to sit and sip, as Starbucks aims to do.

Analysts say Luckin has little chance of competing against Starbucks outside China on the basis of its products or restaurants. But its extensive use of technology could give it a cost advantage over Starbucks, especially in developing countries. I like the Amazon like attack on the coffee market, I like the technology , I like making coffee back into a convenience not an indulgence. Luckin Coffee shops have no cashiers. Customers order and pay for their drinks through an app.

Success is figuring out how to grow a large and loyal base of coffee drinkers. And to do that, it needs a good menu of enticing items. It has even brought on 2014 World Barista Champion, Hidenori Izaki, to help design its recipes and advise it on things like ingredient selection. “Chinese consumers’ taste tendencies are not yet fixed but frequently changing,” Izaki, the World Barista Champion and Luckin’s coffee consultant, told Quartz in an email. “We always analyze and adjust recipes of drinks” such as the strength and sweetness of the coffee. To keep up with the latest consumer trends, Izaki travels regularly throughout China to research flavors and tastes.

I like a company that is more nimble and flexible and closer to the peoples need and wants and trends.

Luckin Coffee Inc (LK:NASDAQ) 26.5159 +1.60 (+6.40%) this play has been money to day trade

Handicapper
Tokens
The policymaking Federal Open Market Committee drops the target range for its overnight lending rate to 2% to 2.25%, or 25 basis points from the previous level. Today was the just the weirdest, I just don't see the reason or what it helps unless the banks want the fed to print more money. The Dollar is strong, trade talks with china are getting more serious, but I'm a little offput by On July 22, China launched a new Nasdaq-style high tech board, called the Science and Technology Innovation Board, or “Star Market.” The Shanghai Stock Market operates Star. Xinhua heralded Star’s launch as “kicking off a trail-blazing leg of the country’s innovation drive and capital market reform.” Other outlets were less enthused. CNBC noted that this is the “third time in 10 years that China has established a new major equity market.”

With all of this I am more bullish on Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft, a new addition to the list of limited partners, has been big on AI investments lately. Last week, Microsoft announced a $1 billion investment in Elon Musk's OpenAI.
With todays fall back i will be a buyer in the morning. This trillion dollar company will be like the 1921 Yankees they are going to buy a murders row of AI companies to go with their storage. Data is now the most expensive commodity on the planet.

Handicapper
Tokens
The policymaking Federal Open Market Committee drops the target range for its overnight lending rate to 2% to 2.25%, or 25 basis points from the previous level. Today was the just the weirdest, I just don't see the reason or what it helps unless the banks want the fed to print more money. The Dollar is strong, trade talks with china are getting more serious, but I'm a little offput by On July 22, China launched a new Nasdaq-style high tech board, called the Science and Technology Innovation Board, or “Star Market.” The Shanghai Stock Market operates Star. Xinhua heralded Star’s launch as “kicking off a trail-blazing leg of the country’s innovation drive and capital market reform.” Other outlets were less enthused. CNBC noted that this is the “third time in 10 years that China has established a new major equity market.”

With all of this I am more bullish on Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft, a new addition to the list of limited partners, has been big on AI investments lately. Last week, Microsoft announced a $1 billion investment in Elon Musk's OpenAI.
With todays fall back i will be a buyer in the morning. This trillion dollar company will be like the 1921 Yankees they are going to buy a murders row of AI companies to go with their storage. Data is now the most expensive commodity on the planet.

Market Summary > Microsoft Corporation
NASDAQ: MSFT
140.28 USD +4.01 (2.94%)
Aug 1, 10:58 AM EDT ·

Nice 4 dollar run and its still Midday .. hope some of you profited from this one, Its 11am and between MSFT and LK im calling it a day

Tokens
I am an engineer.....if I was 20 again I would choose to be some sort of financial analyst. I think I would have loved trying to pick stocks for a living. Basically legalized gambling everyday. I would have been very good and looking at the data and trying to find theories on how to make money.

My son is a financial planner for affluent clients. We just got back from going out for dinner and discussed the market and what is going to happen. The information that he is seeing and reading is that the market will be strong again this year. Thinks the banking industry could have a strong year. The worldwide market is currently strong in the USA and Europe. Another industry that could benefit is the construction industry because of the potential infrastructure bill.

I am still concerned the market is due for a serious correction. I think it will happen fairly fast too once it starts to happen. I am currently reading The Road To Ruin by James Rickards. It is pretty dry (goes into too many minute details to make his point but he makes some good points that there is going to be some major change and what will happen).

I can give you a couple stocks to look at. Local Minnesota companies. I made a significant amount of money on Toro. I sold it early in the year but the 3 or 4 years before that it probably outperformed the S&P by about 2 to1. I have some friends in management at 3M. Pretty solid company. They seem to be performing well.

I work in the solar industry. SEDG is a company out of Israel. Your two main components are solar panels and inverters. They make the inverters so potentially they could be on every solar installation where as there are probably 300 + different solar panel manufacturers. There product is very good. They went from start up to over 60% of the market in the USA for residential installations. They dont have much of a presence in large scale solar yet. There stock has soared. The 30% tariff on solar panels just announced by Trump administration will potentially result in a slight pull back in price. Solar is not going away. Once you have something people want there is no turning back. If it comes to a free market decision solar will beat the other sources of power. The other thing about their product is ELon Musk has hooked his wagon to their inverter. He throws a certain amount of weight,

On that same line my son said that they have quite a few people taking position in lithium because it is a limited supply and is used in batteries that are in cellphones and also in other batteries.

The old saying of buy when there is blood on the street. A very wealthy friend of mine still laughs about this, After 911 the market got waxed. Boeing got waxed even more. I said the market was wrong. People were not going to quit flying. My opinion was there were 6 planes that needed to be replaced and their stock should be going up. So I purchased more Boeing stock. They have basically no competition (other than Airbus) and the entry point for competition is way too high. Of course it came back with vigor.

I think an industry with a huge upside potential right now is driverless cars. Finding a winner in the technology/sensors market that could be used in a Google car or Volvo or Apple car could be a long term winner.

I have been asked to speak at schools and Universities on renewable energy. I have said for some time the ability to store energy in a cost effective way will be the next be game changer in the energy business. I spoke at an event on Tuesday this week. Another one of the speaker's was asked about the future. He has been asked to be a guest on national news shows like MSNBC and others. Someone asked him where investment opportunities were. He said the other area that I think will be the other industry with huge investment opportunities: WATER. The day is coming where places are not going to have water and then what happens? Any company that has a cost effective solution to that problem is going to make huge amounts. Not sure who that is going to be or what the solution is going to be.

You have been around here long enough to know that there are significant amount of people that are not open to any new ideas. You can maybe use that to to your advantage. The more they dont like something .... the more you know it will be a winner.

You will have to post a stock or 2 you might like.

SEDG has been kicking ass and taking names. There is talk of extending the federal tax credit of 30% for 5 more years and the rumor is that it could get support from both parties (which would be a amazing in itself). Will make it an even better play. It has doubled so far this year.

Enphase which I dont like their product as much is also going crazy.

So besides solar on your roof....might want to add to your portfolio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
letty26
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com