Signing Day thread

Search

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
his #1, cannot miss, no chance of a bust, guy is Xavier Thomas btw.... (he did a separate story on Thomas).
The safest five-star prospect, the one that simply will not be a bust, is not Trevor Lawrence. For all the gushing I have done over his skill level and high school performance, the quarterback position comes with a high bust factor.
The safest 2018 five-star, who just won't bust, has to be Clemson defensive end signee
Xavier Thomas
because of his work ethic, power and internal drive for greatness. If he doesn't work out at defensive end, the Tigers can move him inside and he can kill it at tackle.

Tokens
hmm despite having last year's #1 kicker, Joseph Bulovas, on board the Tide signed a grad kicker out of temple today. He went 33/40 in 2015 and 2016 and was injured in 2017.

Tokens
I would rate Ross at least a MEDIUM for bust factor whether or not he ends up in Ttown.

I kinda, sorta agree RT. I don't think he will be a bust but I don't believe he will dominate at the college level. ESPN and 247 have dropped him to a four star but for some reason Rivals continue to sing his praises.

His visit to AU last weekend didn't improved their chances with him. They remain a distant third in a 3 horse race. I'm sure they would find room if he wanted to commit but after getting a commitment from Schwartz they don't really have room in this class for a fifth receiver.

Ross's grandmother is probably the most important person in his recruitment and she is in love with bama. His mother likes Dabo. I think he will go with his grandmother and end up at bama but a Clemson commit wouldn't shock me.

Tokens
I kinda, sorta agree RT. I don't think he will be a bust but I don't believe he will dominate at the college level. ESPN and 247 have dropped him to a four star but for some reason Rivals continue to sing his praises.

His visit to AU last weekend didn't improved their chances with him. They remain a distant third in a 3 horse race. I'm sure they would find room if he wanted to commit but after getting a commitment from Schwartz they don't really have room in this class for a fifth receiver.

Ross's grandmother is probably the most important person in his recruitment and she is in love with bama. His mother likes Dabo. I think he will go with his grandmother and end up at bama but a Clemson commit wouldn't shock me.
discussion on him today

MAKING THE CASE
With National Signing Day right around the corner, several of the nation’s top prospects are nearing final decisions in advance of officially signing their letters-of-intent next Wednesday.
Today, experts from the Rivals.com network examine where five-star Phenix City (Ala.) Central wide receiver
Justyn Ross
will end up playing his college football. The candidates are Auburn, Alabama and Clemson.

pvespiqpl2osorgvpm8o

15 NATIONAL

1 STATE

2 POSITION

ASS OF 2018

The Situation: Ross has been one of the nation’s most highly sought-after players at any position but has been locked in on his final trio since the summer. Early on it looked like a battle between Auburn and Clemson, and at times both of the Tigers felt confident about their chances. But Alabama has made a recent push and seems to be picking up steam, even after Ross officially visited Auburn over the weekend. With official visits to all three schools in the books, Ross could make a decision any day. So where will he end up? We asked our team experts to state the case for their respective programs and let National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell issue a verdict.

ALABAMA

“Alabama has recruited Ross for more than two years. It has been a very close battle between the Crimson Tide and Clemson Tigers the last few months. He took an official visit to Alabama two weekends ago. He has a very close relationship with the Crimson Tide coaching staff. It seems like Alabama is slightly ahead of the Tigers heading into his decision next week.” – Andrew Bone, BamaInsider.com

AUBURN

“Ross took an official visit to Auburn and has the Tigers in his final three, but that's probably as close to the top as they will get. Ross might stay in the state to attend college, but it won't be at Auburn.” – Jeffrey Lee, AuburnSports.com

CLEMSON

“Clemson has been a leading contender for many months because of reasons that haven’t changed. Its NFL receiver pedigree resonates, and five-star quarterback
Trevor Lawrence
’s arrival offers strong promise to feed their pass-catching prowess. Co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott and area recruiter Todd Bates have longstanding relationships here and are among the best recruiters on Clemson’s staff, while Dabo Swinney still has his in-home visit this week to make their case why the Tigers would be the superior fit once the perception of validation in playing for the Tide is removed. It’s predictably tough to beat Alabama for an in-state five-star it wants, and it would be foolhardy to ignore the momentum the Tide feel they have with Ross going down the stretch. But it would also probably be premature to discount Clemson’s chances in light of those circumstances.” – Paul Strelow, TigerIllustrated.com

THE VERDICT

“After months and months of thinking this would be Clemson I’m going to go with Alabama here. They have the momentum it seems after a great official visit and in-home, he has certain members of his family who would really like to see him stay home and this one is trending towards the Tide. Clemson would still not surprise me and it seems Auburn is on the outside looking in.” – Farrell

Tokens
pretty normal number for a #1 class. Bama was #1 for last 5 years and signed 27 5-stars from 2013-2017 so just a bit more than 5/class

the ridiculous Bama 2017 class had 7 5-stars and 2016 class had 5 as well ... 2014 class had 6

right now UGA has 7 on rivals (which is the only true recruiting source) ... if they add an 8th like Campbell that will probably be the new record assuming all 8 commits keep their 5-star status. Absolutely ridiculous recruiting that Kirby and crew have going right now.

[h=2]Take Two: Is UGA's 2018 class the best in Rivals era?[/h]
giqdd0fsll8hyxuj6uwj

Zamir WhiteRivals.com

Adam Gorney • Rivals.com@adamgorney

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling a handful of issues in the college football landscape. Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and receives takes from Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell and a local expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites.
MORE TAKE TWO: Can Kyler Murray get OU back to playoffs? | Early-entry debate

[h=3]THE STORYLINE[/h]The only recruiting class to sign eight five-star prospects was USC in 2004, making it arguably the top group in the Rivals.com era dating back to 2002, although Alabama’s best classes certainly could debate that it had some outstanding classes as well.
Either way that shakes out, Georgia is on track to sign eight this recruiting cycle if five-star DB
Tyson Campbell
from Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage picks the Bulldogs over Miami and others in the coming weeks. A surprise five-star pledge (hey, anything can happen with the way coach Kirby Smart is recruiting) would make this Georgia class on paper the best ever without question.Whether Georgia closes with seven, eight or possibly more five-stars in this class matters greatly but however it shakes out, the Bulldogs have done phenomenally well.
The No. 1 class in the country that almost definitely cannot be caught; The Bulldogs have locked up four of the top five players in the state - all five-stars - in QB
Justin Fields
, OG Jamaree Salyer
, WDE Adam Anderson
and SDE Brenton Cox
.On and on, Georgia has done almost as good as can be. Does this class rate among the best ever? If Campbell joins the Bulldogs, would it be No. 1 of all time?

[h=3]FIRST TAKE - JAKE REUSE, UGASPORTS.COM[/h]“Let me start by saying, yes, Georgia gets an eighth five-star signee in this class. I’m not sure it would have always been the case, but we’ve been predicting defensive back
Tyson Campbell
to be a part of the Bulldogs’ class since before he attained the mark. That prediction hasn’t changed, so here we are.
"As for the level of surprise, for anyone to say otherwise would be disingenuous. Did I think Kirby Smart was an ace recruiter who surrounded himself with some strong personalities upon being hired? Sure, but when you start mentioning ‘best class ever’, that’s different. Georgia fans already have plenty to look forward to coming off last season and seeing the strides the team made, but an influx of talent that significant added to the mix could truly lead to some special times down the road.”

[h=3]SECOND TAKE - MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM[/h]“On paper, Georgia’s class could be the best ever. It depends on how it closes. The best class on paper that I ever saw was the 2004 USC class. That was loaded with top guys from so many different states.
“They got the No. 1 player in Florida. They got the No. 1 player in Ohio. They locked down California. They got the No. 1 player in Colorado. They got the No. 1 player in New Jersey. It was so national of a class and there were so many guys that were highly-rated so it was the best one on paper I saw.

"The Georgia class this year could certainly beat that when you look at where they’re getting their guys and the importance of positions and how they’re closing on guys. There is a lot of Southeast there, but Luke Ford is from Illinois, they got a JUCO kid from Kansas, Jordan Davis is from North Carolina.
“It’s tough. The No. 1 class ever? It’s usually something we figure out three or four years after they sign. On paper, this could certainly be the best class ever.”

Georgia's five-stars in 2018 class
PositionNameHometownRivals250 rank
QB
Justin Fields

Kennesaw, Ga.

OG
Jamaree Salyer

Atlanta, Ga.

RB
Zamir White

Laurinburg, NC

DE
Adam Anderson

Rome, Ga.

OT
Cade Mays

Knoxville, Tenn.

RB
James Cook

Miami, Fla.

DE
Brenton Cox

Stockbridge, Ga.

Tokens

• ESPN.com

Last season, Jake Fromm was a classic example of a freshman who made an instant impact, replacing Georgia's injured starting quarterback and leading the Bulldogs to the national championship game.
This season? Fromm finds the Georgia depth chart includes quarterback Justin Fields, the top-ranked player in the ESPN 300. And Fields isn't the only first-year player who could make a difference right away.
Here are the sudden-impact freshmen for the programs in Mark Schlabach's Way-Too-Early Top 25.

[h=2]1. Clemson: QB Trevor Lawrence[/h]
i
Kelly Bryant is the incumbent at quarterback, and he just led the Tigers to an ACC championship. Hunter Johnson, the top QB recruit of 2017, is on the roster too. But ask any Clemson fan and there's no freshman -- perhaps no player, period -- garnering more offseason excitement than Lawrence, the No. 2 overall recruit in 2018 (per ESPN) and a signal-caller that Dabo Swinney said is more ready, at least physically, than Deshaun Watson was upon arrival. Lawrence has all the tools, and if he hits the ground running, many Clemson fans will be upset if he isn't the guy running the show sooner than later. - David M. Hale

[h=2]2. Alabama: DL Christian Barmore and Stephon Wynn[/h]
i
The Crimson Tide are losing several defensive linemen (Joshua Frazier, Da'Ron Payne, Da'Shawn Hand) so that opens things up for incoming freshmen such as Barmore and Wynn. Both are in the top 100 in the ESPN 300, and they each have the kind of size (Barmore is 6-foot-5, 290 pounds; Wynn is 6-foot-4, 308) that the Tide look for to plug in up front. -- Sam Khan Jr.

[h=1]EDITOR'S PICKS[/h]
[h=2]3. Ohio State: DT Taron Vincent[/h]
i
The Buckeyes played 14 freshmen this past season, which tied a high for coach Urban Meyer at Ohio State. The team has a lot of youth returning, so there likely won't be many spots with opportunities to get significant playing time. Vincent is a five-star and could work his way into the rotation along the defensive line. With defensive ends Sam Hubbard and Tyquan Lewisleaving, ESPN 300 defensive end Tyreke Smith might be able to see the field, as well. On offense, tight end Jeremy Ruckert is the No. 1 ranked tight end in the class and could give the Buckeyes another pass-catcher early in the season. -- Tom VanHaaren

[h=2]4. Oklahoma: DE Ron Tatum III[/h]
i
Tatum, out of Oklahoma City, signed early to stay home after toying with Texas. He was, in fact, committed to the Longhorns until shortly after Sooners coach Lincoln Riley was promoted from offensive coordinator in June. The Sooners lose D.J. Ward up front and top pass-rusher Ogbonnia Okoronkwo at the second level of defense. Tatum, the No. 1-rated prospect in Oklahoma and 48th overall, has the size at 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds to step in right away at a physically demanding position. -- Mitch Sherman

[h=2]5. Georgia: QB Justin Fields[/h]
i
Last season taught us not to automatically assume that just because a quarterback played well as a true freshman at Georgia that he can't be unseated the next season. That's not to say Fields, the No. 1 player in the ESPN 300, will automatically overtake Jake Fromm at QB next season, but with Jacob Eason transferring out and Fields enrolling early, Fields will have the opportunity to compete with Fromm and probably see the field, even if it's in a reserve role early on. (Fields and Fromm are the only two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster.) This will be one to watch. -- Khan
ADVERTISEMENT

[h=2]6. Wisconsin: Wide receivers[/h]
i
The Badgers were looking to add more speed to their roster with this recruiting class, and they accomplished that goal. Wide receiver was a main priority because of what they are losing after this season and next. That could give A.J. Abbott II, Taj Mustapha, Isaac Guerendo or Aron Cruickshank an opportunity to make an early impact, even with Danny Davis IIIand A.J. Taylor returning. Defensive back Donte Burton could help in the secondary, as could defensive tackle Bryson Williams along the line. Wisconsin only had five prospects from its previous recruiting class play this past season, so it's not likely to have many playing from the 2018 class, either. -- VanHaaren

[h=2]7. Washington: WR Marquis Spiker[/h]
i
Outside of Dante Pettis, the Huskies didn't get much production at receiver in 2017, and now that he's gone, there is an obvious void. Spiker, ranked No. 131 in the ESPN 300, should have the opportunity to work his way into the rotation from Day 1. -- Kyle Bonagura

[h=2]8. Miami: RB Lorenzo Lingard[/h]
i
With depth a concern for the Hurricanes, Mark Richt isn't hiding anything. The freshmen will play, and they'll likely play a lot, the coach said. The question is: Who'll be ready to make the biggest impact quickly? There are plenty of options, especially in the secondary, where Miami will need some immediate help. But the name that continues to stick out for Canes fans is running back Lingard -- the No. 4 back in the country, according to ESPN's recruiting rankings, and potentially the most dynamic runner to arrive at Miami since Duke Johnson. -- Hale

[h=2]9. Michigan State: TE Trenton Gillison[/h]
i
The Spartans were one of the youngest teams in the country last season. They also typically don't play a ton of true freshmen. Despite having some higher-ranked defensive backs in the class, the secondary is loaded with youth. Gillison might be able to provide a boost on offense to go along with current tight end Matt Sokol. And the versatility of Xavier Henderson could get him on the field early in his career. -- VanHaaren

[h=2]10. West Virginia: DE Dante Stills[/h]
i
Who doesn't need a big man to rush the passer? Stills, at 6-foot-4 and 284 pounds, signed with the Mountaineers in December over offers from Florida, Georgia, Miami, Oklahoma and others. Defensive coordinator Tony Gibson noted that West Virginia could have used Stills against Utah in the postseason, so apparently, he's ready to contribute immediately. Stills knows what to expect, as his father, Gary, played linebacker at the school and brother Darius already is a defensive lineman in Morgantown. -- Sherman

[h=2]11. Penn State: LB Micah Parsons[/h]
i
The Nittany Lions are losing quite a bit on defense, including at the middle linebacker spot. ESPN 300 defensive lineman Parsons is a five-star player with enough athleticism to fill in at that spot. James Franklin said it's likely Parsons could start in the middle, which would provide some immediate help. Losing receivers DaeSean Hamilton and Saeed Blacknallalso will give some opportunity to five-star wide receiver Justin Shorter and ESPN 300 receivers Jahan Dotson and Daniel George. With running back Saquon Barkley headed to the NFL, running back signee Ricky Slade could see some reps with current running back Miles Sanders. The Nittany Lions also are losing quite a bit at tight end, which opens the door for Patrick Freiermuth or Zack Kuntz to help out. -- VanHaaren

[h=2]12. Stanford: DE Andres Fox[/h]
i
At one time it could have seemed possible for defensive linemen Harrison Phillips and Solomon Thomas to be on the Cardinal's roster in 2018. That, of course, isn't going to happen, with Phillips off early to the NFL draft, joining Thomas, who declared last season with two years of eligibility remaining. Is four-star defensive end Fox, who turned down Alabama, headed for the same type of career? -- Bonagura

[h=2]13. Auburn: S Quindarious Monday[/h]
i
The Tigers are losing quite a bit of depth at safety, where 2017 starters Tray Matthews and Stephen Roberts are gone, as are their backups. Enter Monday, the eighth-ranked safety in the country and No. 118 player in the ESPN 300. He signed and enrolled early and will have a chance to get on the field quickly. -- Khan

[h=2]14. Michigan: TE Mustapha Muhammad[/h]
i
Michigan played a lot of second-year players last season, so there isn't a ton of opportunity. ESPN 300 tight end Muhammad could play his way onto the field with Zach Gentry and Sean McKeon, as Michigan searches for more offensive weapons. If ESPN 300 linebacker Otis Reese sticks with his Michigan pledge, as he didn't sign in the early signing period, it would be tough to keep him off the field. He's an athletic, aggressive linebacker who could add a lot to the defense. Athlete Michael Barrett is an interesting prospect because he plays quarterback for his high school team, but he could be a running back for Michigan. Barrett has enough versatility that he could see himself in a key special-teams role. -- VanHaaren

[h=2]15. Virginia Tech: WR Tre Turner[/h]
i
The Hokies' young receivers flashed potential last season, but none developed into a consistent weapon. There's still time, of course, but the arrival of four-star recruit Turner certainly adds an interesting wrinkle. At 6-foot-4, Turner brings the size to rival that of former Hokies great Isaiah Ford, and while Turner needs to add some weight to play more physically, he figures to be in the mix for playing time right away. Combine Turner with an improved Eric Kumah (6-foot-2) and Sean Savoy in the slot and the Hokies have the makings for a dangerous receiving corps in 2018. -- Hale

[h=2]16. TCU: RB Fabian Franklin[/h]
i
Others in the Horned Frogs' class of signees came with higher rankings and more impressive numbers, but TCU needed no recruit more than Franklin out of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. He flipped from hometown Mississippi State in December after the departure of coach Dan Mullen to Florida. Darius Anderson returns as TCU's leading rusher, but Kyle Hicks is gone, leaving the 5-foot-11, 207-pound Franklin to compete with less-experienced backs Sewo Olonilua and Kenedy Snell for immediate playing time. -- Sherman

[h=2]17. Boise State: WR Khalil Shakir[/h]
i
Shakir had offers from Arizona, Boston College, Colorado, Illinois, UCLA and Washington State, among others, but he decided to head to the Mountain West. Shakir's offensive versatility -- he can play slot, outside, running back, returner -- should allow him to carve out a niche for the Broncos early on. -- Bonagura

[h=2]18. USC: QB J.T. Daniels[/h]
i
With QB Sam Darnold off to the NFL as the possible No. 1 overall pick, the Trojans only have two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster. That will change this summer when Daniels arrives from nearby Mater Dei High School, where he was the Gatorade National Player of the Year this past season -- as a junior. Daniels reclassified from the Class of 2019 and will compete with Matt Fink and Jack Sears for the job. -- Bonagura

[h=2]19. Mississippi State: WRs Malik Heath and Devonta Jason[/h]
i
With the arrival of new coach Joe Moorhead, the Bulldogs are likely to throw the ball more than they have in the past, and that's good news for the receivers. That position accounts for the top three recruits in the Bulldogs' 2018 class, including freshman duo Heath and Jason. Both standing at 6-foot-3 and 210-plus pounds, the ESPN 300 prospects each have a chance to contribute early. Jason enrolled early, which will give him a leg up. -- Khan

[h=2]20. Notre Dame: S Derrik Allen[/h]
i
The Irish figure to have some big holes to fill on the defense, so expect a number of freshmen to see action early. Allen could be at the top of that list due to his playmaking skills and ability to hold up in man coverage. At 6-foot-2 and 211 pounds, he's a matchup problem for opposing receivers, and he could be a big help for a Notre Dame secondary that coughed up 23 touchdown passes last season, tied for 94th nationally. -- Hale

[h=2]21. UCF: LB Eriq Gilyard[/h]
i
It would be nearly impossible to replace the veteran leadership and on-field impact of the Knights' departing seniors at linebacker. Chequan Burkett and Shaquem Griffin anchored UCF's defense last season, and while there's some young talent already on the roster that could step up, true freshman Gilyard makes for an interesting option. At 5-foot-10 and 225 pounds, Gilyard is already a stout run defender, and if he can refine his efforts in coverage, he could see a big role in the early going for UCF. -- Hale

[h=2]22. Florida State: CB Asante Samuel Jr.[/h]
i
Just two months into the job, Willie Taggert is still hoping to add to his 2018 class, but the bulk of the big names he has signed so far are in the secondary, with four of Florida State's top six recruits. With the departures of Tarvarus McFadden, Nate Andrews and Trey Marshall, that's big, and we could see Samuel step in right away to fill the void in the back end. Samuel is the No. 3 cornerback recruit in the country, according to ESPN, and he would pair nicely alongside last year's standout addition, Stanford Samuels III. -- Hale

[h=2]23. LSU: WR Terrace Marshall Jr.[/h]
i
The Tigers bring in a bona fide five-star receiver where they need one in Marshall, the No. 10 player in the ESPN 300. Ed Orgeron said last month he thinks Marshall will be a tremendous receiver at LSU "right away." With leading receiver D.J. Chark gone, and Russell Gage too, there's opportunity to step in immediately. -- Khan

[h=2]24. Texas: S B.J. Foster[/h]
i

The Longhorns signed the top three safeties nationally in a bid to replace DeShon Elliott, who is gone early to the NFL, and Jason Hall. We'll go with the headliner Foster, a five-star prospect and the 12th-ranked prospect nationally who picked Texas in June. He follows a star-studded path from Angleton, Texas, that previously sent fellow DBs Quentin Jammer and Quandre Diggs to Austin. Despite the stiff competition from classmates and the return of Josh Thompson in the secondary, Foster might soon start alongside Brandon Jones at safety. -- Sherman

[h=2]25. South Carolina: CB Jaycee Horn[/h]
i
With three starting seniors gone from the secondary, there's plenty of room for freshman defensive backs to play quickly -- something that's a common occurrence under Will Muschamp. Horn, the 18th-ranked cornerback in the nation, figures to be in the mix to get on the field early. He's got NFL bloodlines too; his father is former New Orleans Saints receiver Joe Horn. -- Khan

Tokens
some real noise about Quay Walker flipping from Bama to tenn .... Pruitt already snagged JJ Petersen so a Petersen/Walker duo from under Bama's nose would be a punk move

(just kidding, it's what they hired him for)

We are one week away from National Signing Day. Recruiting over this next week will be wild, with players flipping their commitments seemingly every day.

Tennessee is zeroing in on a couple of prospects, but one stands out above the rest. Linebacker Quay Walker is the prize for the Vols next week.
I believe things are looking better and better for Walker, too.

The 4-star linebacker is an Alabama commit right now, but that doesn’t appear to hold much weight. He has continually flirted with other schools the past few months.
Alabama offered linebacker Jaylen Moody last night, the same night coach Nick Saban went in-home with Walker in Cordele, Ga. This would seemingly mean The Crimson Tide believe Walker will go elsewhere on Signing Day.

Tennessee’s other competition comes from Georgia. Walker takes an official visit to Athens, Ga., this weekend.

It’s the final hurdle for the Vols to get past to end up with the 6-foot-4, 220-pound linebacker. Tennessee will offer a better chance at early playing time, which is important.

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt will go in-home with Walker this week as he will try to seal the deal. Walker has said he looked forward to being coached by Pruitt while he was the defensive coordinator at Alabama.

Tennessee is also aided by Walker’s friendship with Vol commit JJ Peterson.

Tokens
Bama NSD update

QB - looks like they will add a QB and it won't be James Foster. I believe it will be Purdy but Brevin White has really been gaining steam.

WR - I want Waddle #1 and then Ross #2 but on Bama board Ross is their top target. Would like to add 2 WR next week and Waddle/Ross would be ideal

OL - Wanted Sewell and Petit-Frere but Cristobal getting that Ducks HC job pretty much locks up Sewell. Bama no better than 50/50 to get Petit-Frere so could get shutout at Oline adds

DL - Many guys still in play here and in the secondary which are two biggest areas of need. I expect they sign Brown and Langham

LB - Quay Walker now becoming a real threat to flip to Tenn but, ideally, Bama would keep Walker and flip JJ Peterson. CNS just offered two new kids this week which tells me he's expecting Walker to flip to Knoxville and is creating a backup plan

DB - Same names as on first page...Surtain, Campbell, Smith, Taylor-Stuart and now add in Griffin and O'Neal. Bama wants 3 of them with Surtain, Campbell, and ITS the top 3 on the board. Bama must get two of their main 4 targets (surtain/campbell/smith/its) or it will be a disappointing year for the defense

keep an eye on Texas A&M with Bobby Brown and Waddle. If Jimbo doesn't hit that pair this will go down as a disaster recruiting year for the Aggies and potentially the worst since ratings services started keeping track. Only once in L9 years did they finish outside the top 22 and there's a real shot they don't crack the top 40 without Brown and Waddle. The 2019 class is looking very good though....

Tokens
confirmed times so far...more to be added.

ESPNU 10am to noon
ESPN2 noon to 3PM

10 a.m. Hour Patrick Surtain Jr. #5 CB Plantation, Fla. Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Miami
10 a.m. Hour Tyson Campbell #9 CB Plantation, Fla. Alabama, Georgia, Miami
10 a.m. Hour Andrew Chatfield #159 DE Plantation, Fla. Florida, Florida State, Miami
10 a.m. Hour Nick Petit-Frere #13 OT Tampa, Fla. Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State,
11 a.m. Hour Tanner McKee #76 QB Corona, Calif. Alabama, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Washington
Noon Hour Solomon Tuliaupupu #197 ILB Santa Ana, Calif. Notre Dame, UCLA, USC
Noon Hour Tommy Bush #71 WR Schertz, Texas Georgia, Baylor, Michigan State, Ole Miss
1 p.m. Hour Justyn Ross #74 WR Phenix City, Ala. Alabama, Auburn, Clemson
1 p.m. Hour Olaijah Griffin #72 CB Mission Viejo, Calif. Alabama, Oregon, USC, Tennessee
2 p.m. Hour Devon Williams #16 ATH Lancaster, Calif. Oregon, USC
2 p.m. Hour Jacob Copeland #40 WR Pensacola, Fla. Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Texas A&M
2 p.m. Hour Maurice Washington #93 RB Cedar Hill, Texas Arizona State, Nebraska

Tokens
There was an article in the newspaper that said its likely that ESPN will have cameras on signing day at Surtain's and Campbell's and Chatfields' school so they'll most likely wait until signing day.

There have been plenty of good football players out of that school (american heritage) but i dont recall Saban ever getting any of them (he was done well in broward county).

Mike Rumph was their former hs football coach and he is now an assistant with the hurricanes. Lets see what happens

Tokens
There was an article in the newspaper that said its likely that ESPN will have cameras on signing day at Surtain's and Campbell's and Chatfields' school so they'll most likely wait until signing day.

There have been plenty of good football players out of that school (american heritage) but i dont recall Saban ever getting any of them (he was done well in broward county).

Mike Rumph was their former hs football coach and he is now an assistant with the hurricanes. Lets see what happens
i think bama has a better shot with Griffin than Campbell. I'd rate Surtain now 85% tide, Campbell 80% uga, Griffin 55% Bama, ITS 75% Bama

so many big time CB's still out there

Tokens
Curious to see if Purdy ends up at Bama. It’s between Bama, Iowa state, and UCF
IMHO he is a huge reach for Bama...a Parker McLeod type reach. Signing 2 players in LY class plus starting a true frosh in 2016 led them to this position where their top 6-7 QB targets all signed elsewhere and now they're looking for a decent warm body. Not to mention the revolving door at OC....and Tua's brother 90% bet to sign with Bama in 2019

If I am Purdy I head to Iowa State or Boise St or aTm or UCF ... but my guess is the allure to Bama football will have him sign. For the kid's sake i prefer UCF get him

Tokens
Purdy is down to Iowa state or Tex A&M
yeah Bama never gave him a committable offer and told him they would have an answer for him this afternoon. Obviously that answer was "NO", or they were still wavering, similar to what they just did with James Foster. We wanted a QB but already missed on our top 6-7 guys and were just sifting through crumbs once the other kid stuck with Princeton.

Bama definitely getting caught a bit flat-footed from this first early signing period year and are now sending offers to kids 10 days before LOI that never gave them a look before. Purdy was a huge reach, same with Moody and Beal. Saban has never been in this position before...sending offers to kids that aren't Bama worthy because his old assistant coaches are plucking his commits.

interesting year for sure but still hopeful for a big closing LOI day this Wednesday. I will not be completely shocked if we're left cleaning egg off our face, however.

.....a few notes from the Bama recruiting weekend:
Waddle (aTm vs Bama) did not take a visit to aTm this weekend. Positive for Bama
Ross (Clem vs Bama) did not take any visits this weekend. Positive for Bama
Petit-Frere (thought it was Fla or Bama or ND) visited Ohio State this weekend unexpectedly. Negative for Bama
Bobby Brown (aTm vs Bama) spent entire weekend at aTm. Real bad for Bama
Moody (suddenly of interest to Bama) visited Bama this weekend. If he gets a committable offer that means Petersen/Walker/Jackson are going elsewhere which would be worst case scenario
Surtain and Campbell both gave Miami a last shot this weekend. Still think Surtain to Bama, Campbell to Georgia

of the other big CB targets...Taylor-Stuart surprisingly visited Pruitt and Tenn this weekend while neither Smith nor Griffin went anywhere. I say ITS and Smith to Bama, Griffin to USCw

one thing for sure is that both Jimbo and Pruitt will be a couple serious recruiters in the SEC...

btw, the "Dead Period" begins tomorrow through LOI day so that's it for face-to-face meetings for this year's recruits. Feb 7 is the big day....

Tokens
24/7 has 3 schools with a shot at landing the #1 class although a lot would need to happen to replace UGA right now.

I think there's a better chance for Bama to have a legendary failure of LOI day than to snag most of their top targets. This week been serious momentum for Surtain back to LSU....and both ITS/Griffin to USCw, plus a decommit from Walker to join Petersen at Tenn

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]The Favorite: Georgia Bulldogs[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Kirby Smart[/FONT] and company currently sit at No. 2, with a 247Sports Composite score of 309.23, which is a hair behind [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Urban Meyer[/FONT]and Ohio State’s 311.17. But UGA has three spots in play and nothing but blue-chippers on the board.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The reason why the Bulldogs are the favorite is because the 247Sports Crystal Ball says five-star cornerback [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Tyson Campbell[/FONT]looks destined for Athens, although Alabama and Miami are trying to change that. Beyond Campbell, Smart and his staff are targeting Top247 defensive tackle [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Rick Sandidge[/FONT], blue-chip in-state linebackers [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Otis Reese[/FONT] and [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Quay Walker[/FONT], along with four-star receivers [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Tommy Bush[/FONT] and [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Antoine Green[/FONT].[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If UGA only hits on Campbell from this group, the race to No. 1 remains interesting. If Smart and company land Campbell and then some, it’s likely a wrap for the Bulldogs. The safe final score projection for Georgia’s class is 315.50 with the addition of Campbell. If the Bulldogs hit on every top target projection (Campbell, Walker and Sandidge), they’d come in at 326.11, which would be the highest-total score in 247Sports history.
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]The Challenger: Ohio State Buckeyes[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The last time Alabama didn’t finish No. 1 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings was when Meyer and his staff at Florida lured in the highest-ranking class in our network’s history back in 2010 (324.62). Nine cycles later, Meyer is back in position to finish No. 1 again, and if his staff can convince five-star offensive tackle [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Nicholas Petit-Frere[/FONT] that Columbus is home, that would give OSU the edge over UGA's class, according to the 247Sports Class Calculator. From there, if the Buckeyes can also beat Penn State for Top247 offensive tackle [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Rasheed Walker[/FONT], that would mean Georgia would have to hit on Campbell and Walker or any combination of Campbell and two other names.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The safe final score projection for Ohio State remains the same score they have today in 311.17. If they land Petit-Frere that takes them to 316.41 and with Walker to 318.61. The other prominent name on the board for the Buckeyes is defensive end [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Javontae Jean-Baptiste[/FONT].
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]The Longshot: Alabama Crimson Tide[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Of course they’re still in it. Alabama is sitting back in the No. 6 spot at 275.92, but enough blue-chippers have the Crimson Tide as a finalist that we can’t rule them out. And with the recruiting prowess of [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Nick Saban[/FONT] and his staff over the last seven years, it wouldn’t be all that surprising if they pulled this off.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Petit-Frere, five-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr; Campbell, five-star cornerback [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Olaijah Griffin[/FONT]; and Top247 receivers [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Jaylen Waddle[/FONT], [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Justyn Ross[/FONT] and [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Jacob Copeland[/FONT] all have the Crimson Tide in the top two or three. Four-star defensive end [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Malik Langham[/FONT], cornerback [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Eddie Smith[/FONT] and linebacker [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Jaylen Moody[/FONT] are among a handful of others still in play for Alabama as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If you send Surtain, Petit-Frere and Griffin to Alabama in the Class Calculator, that takes them to 301.89. Then add Waddle and Ross and you’re at 311.93. Smith and Langham take you to 313.48. Long-story short, the names are still there for Alabama to make a run at an eighth straight 247Sports Recruiting Title.
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Out of The Picture: Texas Longhorns[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Tom Herman has assembled a class that UT fans should be excited about, but based on the players realistically on their board entering National Signing Day, there's no way the Longhorns, currently sitting at No. 3 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings, can mathematically grab the top spot.[/FONT]

Tokens
undecided 5-stars, my guesses:

#32 Isaac Taylor-Stuart = USCw (ITS was trending hard to Bama but things went real quiet these last two weeks which usually means a kid is staying home)
#31 Jaylen Waddle = Bama (aTm clearly still in this but I think he goes to Ttown. Most exciting player in the 2018 class)
#25 Tyson Campbell = Georgia (Bama and Miami not far out of it but going to Athens)
#23 Olaijah Griffin = USCw (Bama made it interesting for a while but he's staying local)
#15 Justyn Ross = Bama (Clemson made it interesting but he's been big on Bama for several years)
#11 Nick Petit-Frere = Ohio St (for the past 18 months I never thought he would end up anywhere but Bama or Notre Dame but he's been too quiet IMO, so guessing OSU or Florida. Easily the biggest question mark in the class. Bama already missed on Salyer, Carman, and likely Sewell so he is a "must get" in my book and would be a massive miss)
#8 Patrick Surtain Jr = Bama (Really thought he was all Bama until a recent wave of LSU but I think Bama gets him in the end. We haven't lost too many recent battles with LSU but i don't have this higher than 55% for Bama so could switch)

If all my predictions are true, which is unlikely, that means Bama ends up with 4 5-stars, USCw 5 5-stars, Georgia 8 5-stars, Clemson 5 5-stars, and Ohio St 3 5-stars. Being that only 33 5-stars are in the class that is a massive consolidation of talent among five schools (25 of 33 among five schools)

opinions welcome

Tokens
undecided 5-stars, my guesses:

#32 Isaac Taylor-Stuart = USCw (ITS was trending hard to Bama but things went real quiet these last two weeks which usually means a kid is staying home)
#31 Jaylen Waddle = Bama (aTm clearly still in this but I think he goes to Ttown. Most exciting player in the 2018 class)
#25 Tyson Campbell = Georgia (Bama and Miami not far out of it but going to Athens)
#23 Olaijah Griffin = USCw (Bama made it interesting for a while but he's staying local)
#15 Justyn Ross = Bama (Clemson made it interesting but he's been big on Bama for several years)
#11 Nick Petit-Frere = Ohio St (for the past 18 months I never thought he would end up anywhere but Bama or Notre Dame but he's been too quiet IMO, so guessing OSU or Florida. Easily the biggest question mark in the class. Bama already missed on Salyer, Carman, and likely Sewell so he is a "must get" in my book and would be a massive miss)
#8 Patrick Surtain Jr = Bama (Really thought he was all Bama until a recent wave of LSU but I think Bama gets him in the end. We haven't lost too many recent battles with LSU but i don't have this higher than 55% for Bama so could switch)

If all my predictions are true, which is unlikely, that means Bama ends up with 4 5-stars, USCw 5 5-stars, Georgia 8 5-stars, Clemson 5 5-stars, and Ohio St 3 5-stars. Being that only 33 5-stars are in the class that is a massive consolidation of talent among five schools (25 of 33 among five schools)

opinions welcome
Same predictions but from the head of Rivals recruiting:

ITS = USCw
Waddle = aTm
Campbell = UGA
Griffin = USCw
Ross = Bama
NPF = Florida
Surtain = LSU

and Athlon:

ITS = USCw
Waddle = aTm
Campbell = UGA
Griffin = Tennessee
Ross = none given
NPF = Florida
Surtain = LSU

[h=1]Signing Day Special on ESPNU/ESPN2[/h]Tune in for all the news and commitments on national signing day (10-12 ET on ESPNU;
12-3 ET on ESPN2)

TIME (ET)NAMERANKCONSIDERING
10:10CB Patrick Surtain Jr.5LSU, Alabama
10:15CB Tyson Campbell9Georgia, Alabama
10:20DE Andrew Chatfield159Oklahoma, Maine
10:30OT Nicholas Petit-Frere13Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St.
11:30QB Tanner McKee76Stanford, A&M, Texas, Bama, Washington, BYU
12:15WR Tommy Bush71UGA, Ole Miss, Miss. State, Baylor
12:30LB Solomon Tuliaupupu197USC, Notre Dame, UCLA
1:15WR Justyn Ross74Alabama, Auburn, Clemson
2:05ATH Devon Williams16Oregon, USC
2:30WR Jacob Copeland40Tennessee, A&M, Bama, Florida
2:45RB Maurice Washington93Ohio St., Nebraska, Arizona St.

Tokens
Would never thought I would see Bama missing on the CB position if they don't get one of the big 3.

Are times changing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casinorater
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com