Saturday 10/28/17 ... Comps / Bonus Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Requests Etc.

Search

Tokens
NHL Picks and Betting Tips
By Parker Michaels
Bangthebook.com

MORNING LINE REPORT

We only have seven of the twelve game lines widely available so the focus will be on the games we should have an edge in. There’s a few big injury concerns today, as well, so we’ll have to wait until morning skates for more info on a few games.

Unlike the last couple of Saturday’s where we had seven plays, the lines are a lot tighter this weekend and I only see a small edge in one game. I expect we’ll have a couple more plays once the other lines open. It’s been a great opening month and we’ve really been on a roll this past week so hopefully the good times continue.

SAN JOSE SHARKS @ BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Goaltenders
San Jose – Martin Jones (likely)
Buffalo – Robin Lehner (likely)

Injury Report
San Jose – Martin (out)
Buffalo – Bogosian (out), Beaulieu (questionable)

San Jose wraps up a five game road trip on the East Coast with a tough afternoon spot in Buffalo. They’ve alternated wins and losses through the first four games after Thursday’s 2-1 loss at Boston.

Joonas Donskoi has joined the top line switching places with Kevin Labanc and while that does stack the top-six for San Jose, the bottom-six is lacking quality depth. Donskoi is an underrated player and I like him paired with Thornton and Pavelski but the now third line of Boedker, Tierney and Labanc is probably going to get run over in this game.

The Buffalo Sabres are coming off Wednesday’s 5-1 lopsided loss at Columbus. The Sabres are still having a really difficult time adjusting to Housley’s new system. They’ve looked really good at times when they are able to follow the game plan but there’s still way too many instances where they lack the composure to follow through on things and it’s led to too many defensive miscues. Kyle Okposo mysteriously still doesn’t have a goal and it’s a big concern for one of their better offensive threats. They need him to get going to take some pressure off the Eichel line and they also need more offense from the defense. And by more I mean any as the defense are still without a goal this season.

It doesn’t look like we’ll have a play here this afternoon but the Sharks are likely looking forward to getting back home to get ready for a date with Toronto and Patrick Marleau’s homecoming, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they mailed this one in a bit so I would look at Buffalo or nothing here.

ANAHEIM DUCKS @ TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Projected Goaltenders
Anaheim – John Gibson/Reto Berra (unknown)
Tampa Bay – Andrei Vasilevskiy (probable)

Injury Report
Anaheim – Kesler (out), Eaves (out), Vatanen (out), Fowler (out), Bieksa (out)
Tampa Bay – no significant injuries

The Anaheim Ducks were on the wrong side of an 8-3 score Thursday night in Florida. They had a hard time protecting the puck as turnover after turnover left John Gibson hung out to dry all night. He gave up six goals on just 17 shots before giving way to Reto Berra in the third period.

Instead of putting the team through a grueling practice as punishment for their effort, Carlyle gave the team the day off on Friday as they continue this tough road trip of four games in six nights. They’ll play a back-to-back this weekend in Tampa then in Carolina so we don’t know if Gibson will start tonight or if Reto Berra will get a chance. Ryan Miller could finally be ready to dress as the backup and get his first start sometime next week.

Tampa Bay continued their impressive start to the season with Thursday’s 3-2 victory over Detroit. Nikita Kucherov scored his league leading 12th goal and Steven Stamkos extending his NHL points lead with his 21st overall. The two superstars have shown incredible chemistry together but they’ve also been getting a lot of help from the secondary scorers. Brayden Point and Vladislav Namestnikov are at a point per game clip with Killorn, Johnson and Palat also all contributing. Mikhail Sergachev continues to be a steal as he now has ten points in 11 games.

Vasilevskiy tied the franchise record with his eighth straight win and is now 9-1-0 with a 2.20 goals-against average and .936 save percentage.

Anaheim hasn’t had much success in Tampa Bay over the years or anywhere against them in general. The Bolts have won five straight at home and are 8-0-5 over the Ducks since 2006. I think this line is priced right so I won’t be jumping in with a play but it’s hard to not like Tampa Bay to continue their run tonight.

LOS ANGELES KINGS @ BOSTON BRUINS

Projected Goaltenders
Los Angeles – Jonathan Quick (likely)
Boston – Tuukka Rask (likely)

Injury Report
Los Angeles – Gaborik (out), Carter (out), Clifford (out)
Boston – Krejci (out), Spooner (out), McQuaid (out)

The Los Angeles Kings continue their daunting six game road trip with stop number five in Boston tonight. The Kings continue to overachieve after Thursday’s 4-0 win at Montreal. The defense was slack at times but Jonathan Quick was brilliant yet again posting 40 saves for the shutout. The Kings have played well and taken advantage of some teams who are struggling but I’m not yet sold on them being to keep this up.

The Boston Bruins played a solid all-around game in Thursday’s 2-1 win over San Jose. Anton Khudobin started his third straight game with Tuukka Rask on the shelf and has done a great job filling in, improving his record to 3-0-1. Rask dressed as the backup on Thursday and is expected to return as the starter tonight.

The Bruins will be without David Krejci once again as he continues to deal with a back problem.

Los Angeles has had some trouble with the Bruins over recent years as Boston swept the season series last year and is 5-1 in LA’s last six visits. I don’t see any value in the current line but I would look at Boston or nothing here.

ARIZONA COYOTES @ NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Projected Goaltenders
Arizona – Antti Raanta/Adin Hill/Louis Domingue (unknown)
New Jersey – Cory Schneider (likely)

Injury Report
Arizona – Chychrun (out)
New Jersey – Zajac (out), Palmieri (questionable)

The Arizona Coyotes season of futility continued with Thursday’s 5-2 loss to the Rangers as they now sit at 0-9-1. The Coyotes had been playing a bit better recently but there wasn’t much positive to take away from their last effort. Arizona can tie the second longest losing streak to open a season with a loss tonight and are approaching the 1943-44 mark set by the New York Rangers of 15 games (0-14-1) to begin a season without a win.

Tocchet said goaltender Antti Raanta had a really good day on Friday and could start tonight. They’ll see how he is this morning and make a decision. Adin Hill has done his best to fill in but he’s over his head at this level right now so the return of Raanta will be an enormous boost for this club.

The New Jersey Devils showed a lot of character in last night’s 5-4 shootout win over Ottawa. The Devils hadn’t played in seven days and quickly fell behind 2-0 before finding their legs and scoring four unanswered before a late collapse allowed the Sens to score twice to tie the game in the final 75 seconds.

Cory Schneider has fully recovered from his lower-body injury and was removed from the IR but he missed last night’s game as his wife gave birth to their second child. Schneider is back with the team today and plans to skate this morning at which time the team will decide if he’s able to start. I think it’s more than likely we’ll see him in the crease tonight.

Kyle Palmieri missed Friday’s game with a lower-body injury and will be re-evaluated this morning. He’s listed as questionable for tonight but he hasn’t been able to practice so I don’t imagine he will be available.

I made my number with Raanta and Schneider starting so we’ll see what happens this morning when they get on the ice. Schneider will be pumped up after the birth of his child and the Coyotes would receive a huge boost if Raanta can return so this is a tricky game to pick. We’ll see where the number opens and go from there.

DETROIT RED WINGS @ FLORIDA PANTHERS

Projected Goaltenders
Detroit – Petr Mrazek/Jimmy Howard (unknown)
Florida – James Reimer (probable)

Injury Report
Detroit – DeKeyser (doubtful)
Florida – no significant injuries

The Detroit Red Wings will finish up their three game road trip tonight after dropping their sixth straight game with a 3-2 loss at Tampa Bay on Thursday.

Gloom and doom have set in amongst the players who spoke candidly about their recent play. Henrik Zetterberg said “We aren’t good enough to win games” while Dylan Larkin said “No one’s happy. It’s almost a rock-bottom thing. I haven’t felt like this in my career” and also that this streaks feels worse than anything last year.

Offense has been hard to come by with just 11 goals over the six game losing streak and the constant line shuffling by Blashill probably hasn’t helped. Blashill is known for constantly putting his lines in a blender but made a surprise announcement yesterday that his lines will remain the same as they are now for the foreseeable future. We’ll see how long that lasts but for right now that means Martin Frk is stuck down on the fourth line which seems incredibly inefficient. Zetterberg-Tatar-Nyquist and Larkin-Helm-Athanasiou will be the top-six.

Defenseman Danny DeKeyser had a setback with his injury and is likely not available again tonight.

The Florida Panthers opened a five game homestand with an 8-3 thumping on Anaheim Thursday night.

The top line of Barkov, Huberdeau and Dadonov have been on fire this past week but the depth is a bit of a concern right now. Injuries to Jared McCann, Colton Sceviour and Connor Brickley have left the bottom-six a little short of bodies and while none of those players are individually worth anything to the line movement it should still be taken into consideration.

I was really impressed with the Panthers solidarity on Thursday night. Barkov was cross-checked in the face by Josh Manson and his teammates came to his aid. Micheal Haley started a fight with Manson shortly after he exited the penalty box for that cross-check. James Reimer was also run over and his teammates stood up for him. It’s something you expect from every team but you don’t always see and is a good sign for the Panthers moving forward.

Roberto Luongo is eligible to come off the IR today but he won’t be ready to return yet. He’s still taking some time to get the mobility back in his hand so expect Reimer to start again.

I don’t think there’s an edge at the current number but this would be Florida or nothing here tonight.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS @ TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Goaltenders
Philadelphia – Brian Elliott/Michal Neuvirth (unknown)
Toronto – Frederik Andersen (likely)

Injury Report
Philadelphia – MacDonald (out), Patrick (questionable)
Toronto – van Riemsdyk (questionable)

The Philadelphia Flyers dropped their second straight game to a depleted Senators team by a score of 5-4 on Thursday night despite what appeared to be a game-tying goal late that was waved off and not overturned after a review. The Flyers were adamant it went in the net (it appeared so) but will have to put it behind them quickly and move on which could be tough for a young team.

I mentioned before how Andy MacDonald isn’t by any means an analytics darling but he had been playing very well to start this year. The defense has now given up 11 goals in the two games he’s missed and they’ve looked frantic in their own end without his veteran presence. The word the team has used is “jittery” but any way you look at it the Flyers are struggling to keep the puck out of the net. Poor goaltending from Elliott and Neuvirth the last two games hasn’t helped. I would imagine Hakstol would go back to Elliott today but we’ll have to wait and see.

Nolan Patrick was expected to play Thursday night but ended up being a late scratch before puck drop. He returned to practice on Friday on his regular line and is hopeful to go tonight but we’ll find out officially later this morning.

The Toronto Maple Leafs played a poor game in Thursday’s 6-3 loss to Carolina where once again too many mistakes crept up in their play and their work ethic was put into question. Babcock brought Friday’s practice to an abrupt halt after just 24 minutes on the ice and had a couple of choice comments for his players, asking if everyone knew how to backcheck followed by saying if anyone was paying attention to 38-year old Patrick Marleau, it was a good opportunity to learn how to approach practice and a game.

The Leafs at home on a Saturday night as about as solid of a spot as you can get in the NHL and everything lines up well for us to take a shot on them tonight. With the Flyers amid their first real struggle of the season and the Leafs coming off a flat loss, look for them to get it going tonight. The Leafs will be our one play to start things off today.

NEW YORK RANGERS @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

Projected Goaltenders
NY Rangers – Ondrej Pavelec (confirmed)
Montreal – Carey Price (confirmed)

Injury Report
NY Rangers – no significant injuries
Montreal – Schlemko (out), Hemsky (out)

The New York Rangers got back in the win column with Thursday’s 5-2 win over Arizona but there’s not much to get excited about when you dominate a winless team. If anything, it’s just a sigh of relief as a loss there would have been much more devastating than what the win provided.

The surprise news here is Vigneault is going back to Pavelec in net after he made 27 saves last game. It’s a strange decision considering Lundqvist shut out Montreal 2-0 earlier this year and played three incredible games here in last year’s playoffs. If you think it’s because he’s historically struggled at the Bell Centre with a 3.87 goals-against average and .877 save percentage, well Pavelec’s career numbers of 3.18 and .898 shouldn’t exactly inspire confidence (besides the fact that historical numbers have absolutely nothing to do with this one independent game).

Vigneault’s explanation was, “Just feel it’s the right thing to do for the game.” Well, nothing else that Vigneault has felt was right has actually worked out so far this year so I’m not sure why we should expect this move to either.

The Montreal Canadiens don’t exactly have things figured out any better themselves after a strange 4-0 loss to Los Angeles on Thursday night. It was strange in the sense that the Canadiens actually looked like they played a pretty good game up front but Carey Price was downright brutal allowing a couple of softies. That just isn’t supposed to happen to the proclaimed best goaltender in the world but it’s something that is beginning to become more frequent this season. Price simply needs to be better for the Canadiens to have a chance so tonight’s game will be a huge statement by him one way or another.

I still think Montreal has been playing better hockey recently and even though I don’t see an edge at the current number, I’d expect a better effort from Price tonight and it should be Habs or nothing here.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS @ MINNESOTA WILD

Projected Goaltenders
Pittsburgh – Matt Murray (probable)
Minnesota – Devan Dubnyk (probable)

Injury Report
Pittsburgh – Schultz (out), Hunwick (out)
Minnesota – Parise (out), Coyle (out), Niederreiter (questionable)

The Pittsburgh Penguins pulled out a 2-1 overtime win against Winnipeg on Thursday night as Matt Murray was dominant again. The defense has responded well in a pair of home wins after allowing seven goals at Tampa Bay. It will be interesting to see if they’ve actually fixed some issues now that they go back on the road where the defense has been very leaky. In six road games this year they’ve only held the opposition under three goals once and have allowed four or more in four of those six contests (to be fair, three of those games were started by Niemi though).

Minnesota earned a 6-4 win over the Islanders on Thursday as they continue a six game homestand. Nino Niederreiter skated with the team for the second straight day on Friday and is questionable to return tonight. It will depend on how he responds again in the morning skate but the team is hopeful he’ll return either tonight or for Tuesday’s game.

This line opened within my expected range but has moved a bit towards the Wild. My line is with Niederreiter out so if he plays this will likely be no play. If he’s out and this continues to move a bit, we’ll have value on Pittsburgh and be okay with locking them in as a play tonight. I’ll tweet out an update for this one later.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS @ NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Projected Goaltenders
NY Islanders – Jaroslav Halak (confirmed)
Nashville – Juuse Saros (likely)

Injury Report
NY Islanders – no significant injuries
Nashville – Ellis (out), Bonino (out)

The New York Islanders are coming off a 6-4 loss Thursday at Minnesota. Jaroslav Halak will be back in net for the Isles tonight and I’m always more interested in backing them behind him than with Greiss.

Doug Weight called the effort “embarrassing, zero effort” in a game which saw the powerplay go another 0-fer on the night and allowed two more shorthanded goals (now five against on the year).

It looks like Weight might be making a change to his lines tonight according to Friday’s practice. Jordan Eberle was bumped down to the second line while Josh Bailey took a spot beside Tavares.

The Nashville Predators are coming off a hard-fought 2-1 victory at Chicago last night behind a stellar effort from Pekka Rinne so I’d expect Saros to get the start tonight, which honestly really doesn’t change much in terms of the line. Rinne was great last night so maybe they go back to him tonight but they shouldn’t. If Rinne starts the back-to-back I would move my number more in favor to the Isles side.

Offense continues to be a problem for the Preds at 5-on-5 as they’ve only managed to score ten goals in nine games which is tied for the lowest mark in the league.

My numbers aren’t high on this Predators team and they seem to be overvalued in the market most of the time. The team is being priced higher because they made it to the Stanley Cup Final last year but in reality this was a slightly above average team at the end of the regular season and are now without Ryan Ellis on the backend. I expect this line to open a fair bit above my range so I’ll be looking to add New York as a play later this morning.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS @ ST. LOUIS BLUES

Projected Goaltenders
Columbus – Joonas Korpisalo (likely)
St. Louis – Jake Allen (probable)

Injury Report
Columbus – Carlsson (out)
St. Louis – Fabbri (out), Berglund (out), Bouwmeester (out)

Both teams coming off a back-to-back, Columbus hits the road after a 2-1 overtime win against Winnipeg while St. Louis makes a return trip home after a 2-1 win in Carolina. For the Blues it the beginning of a four game homestand at the Scottrade Center where they are already 3-0 on the season.

We’re likely to see Korpisalo for the Jackets but Bobrovsky is one of the few goaltenders likely to play on back-to-backs and Torts is one of the few coaches to do it so we’ll have to wait and see.

There’s a significant downgrade to Korpisalo so if he starts then we’ll likely have a play on the Blues tonight. Jake Allen is expected to start after Carter Allen went last night.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS @ COLORADO AVALANCHE

Projected Goaltenders
Chicago – Anton Forsberg (likely)
Colorado – Jonathan Bernier (probable)

Injury Report
Chicago – Hossa (out)
Colorado – Jost (out), Compher (out)

Another set of two teams playing the second half of a back-to-back. Chicago was the better team last night but couldn’t solve Pekka Rinne in a 2-1 loss while Colorado was pasted 7-0 in Vegas. Varlamov played the entire game so we should see Jonathan Bernier in net tonight while Forsberg is likely to start for the Hawks.

Not much to add here and with no line available we’ll wait to see where this opens. I think it’s likely to be around my number so not expecting a play here.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS @ EDMONTON OILERS

Projected Goaltenders
Washington – Braden Holtby/Philipp Grubauer (unknown)
Edmonton – Cam Talbot (probable)

Injury Report
Washington – Niskanen (out), Burakovsky (out), Connolly (out), Backstrom (questionable)
Edmonton – Sekera (out)

The Washington Capitals have dropped two in a row and four of five as they continue their Western Canada road trip. They play tomorrow night in Calgary so we’ll have to wait and see if it’s Holtby or Grubauer here tonight. Holtby was pulled last game after allowing five goals so expect him to bounce back with a better performance next time he’s in net.

Washington has been a good team to us so far this season as mostly a fade but it’s likely we’ll be on them tonight against the struggling Oilers. Nicklas Backstrom missed Thursday’s game due to illness and it’s unclear if he’ll return tonight. Brett Connolly will miss both weekend games after suffering a possible concussion.

This should be a good game of top-line versus top-line as both clubs are lacking depth and secondary scoring. If Backstrom can’t go I’ll likely lay off this one but otherwise expect a play on the Caps later today.

Tokens
Saturday, October 28

The Sharks and Sabres hook up in matinee action, and typically daytime games result in a low-scoring contest. The Sharks will also be skating at 10 a.m. PT, so they might have some tired legs as they adjust to the early start. This is the second and final meeting between the interconference clubs, with San Jose winning 3-2 on their home ice back on Oct. 12 with Martin Jones besting Robin Lehner. The Sabres have struggled on their home ice, averaging just 1.8 goals per game in four outings through Oct. 24.

The Flyers travel to Toronto for their first meeting with the Maple Leafs. In three meetings last season the road team won each time, with two of the meetings requiring overtime. Each of the past five games in this series has been decided by just one goal, so you can expect a tight-checking game with plenty of defense and goals at a premium. Toronto enters the day Thursday with at least three goals in each of their past three outings, and eight of their nine games overall. The 'over' is 7-2 in nine outings for the Leafs overall on the season.

Best and Worst Bets

Knights Keep Winning

Just under a month in to the season and we’re already being forced to accept a few facts. The Lighting and Leafs are great, the west is in shambles and the Las Vegas Golden Knights are absolutely worth betting on. So how did we get here?

BEST – LAS VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS (7-1 SU and ATS)

Everyone’s scrambling to figure out how the the Las Vegas Knights are doing what they’re doing. It doesn’t make any sense, and there was a feeling that the bow was about to break when they had to fight through two overtime games against Buffalo and St. Louis. The Knights prevailed and then went on to smash the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.

The fact that they’re sustaining this stretch run is baffling. Not only are their top two goalies injured, they don’t tend to generate much offence overall. The 3.4 goals for average is ridiculous given that they manage just 29.9 shots per game (26th overall). And their defence allows a lot of shots against. Those two general stats usually indicate how much opportunity teams take and give, and that’s all that’s needed for a game shifting goal.

Generally speaking, these are hallmarks of a run that isn’t going to last. The only characteristic of this team that could buoy them is their unreal depth, and the roster of goalies is a prime example. From top to bottom, the Golden Knights simply have a lot of talent. It’s pretty cool, and the fact that everything is “new” means that the players are empowered to create a culture with a fresh start.

The team has remained unhinged even without production from enigmatic Russian Vadim Shipachyov, who signed a two-year deal worth $9 million last summer. The petulant behavior of a player who has top line potential can usually crack the chemistry of a team that’s enjoying the good times but the Knights have marched on unfazed.

The Knights are also benefiting from the fact that the Western Conference is pretty weak overall. With a big east coast road trip coming up through next week, this will be the time we see what the Knights are really made of. Until there’s evidence that the armor is dented, there’s no reason to stop banking on them.

Next Games: vs. Colorado (10/27), at NYI (10/30), at NYR (10/31), at Boston (11/02)

BEST – TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (8-1-1 and 6-4 ATS)

No team has a tastier, upcoming five-game spread than the Tampa Bay Lightning. Nikit Kucherov has propelled them as a scoring machine and ensured that the Lightning are one of the hottest offences in the league. Their +1.7 goal differential is amongst the best in the league and they’re running right through a chunk of teams that are having really rough starts to the year.

It’s sticks down for this team in the sportsbook. Crash the lightning hard over the weekend and through next week. By the way, they’re undefeated at home so far.

Next Games: vs. Detroit (10/26), vs. Anaheim (10/28), at Florida (10/30), vs. NYR (11/02), vs. Columbus (11/04)

BEST – TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (7-2 SU and 5-4 ATS)

Just a friendly reminder to keep feeding this beast until it cools off. The Leafs are steadied by some unusually consistent depth, and Auston Matthews has gone from Rookie of the Year to an actual MVP candidate. His 12 points keeps climbing, and the do-it-all stud is blossoming in to a superstar. The Leafs are a must-bet team, which you’ve been told already.

Next Game: vs. Carolina (10/26), vs. Philadelphia (10/28), at San Jose (10/30), at Anaheim (11/01), at Los Angeles (11/02)

MAYBE BOTH? – VANCOUVER CANUCKS (5-3 SU and 5-4 ATS)

After an absolutely horrendous start to the season, the Vancouver Cancucks have finally started to look respectable. And the crazy part? They’re doing it on the road. The Canucks are 4-1 SU on a recent road trip that saw them lose one game to Boston. It’s pretty impressive, and about damn time.

For a team that really needed their young guns to start performing at elite levels, it’s pretty funny that the sparkplug for the Cancuks’ recent surge is a thirty-year-old right winger. Derek Dorsett has pumped in 5 goals and a single helper on the season, and has helped jumpstart this team in to betting relevance again.

There’s no telling if it’s going to last. These are the 2017-18 Canucks after all. They’re rebuilding if you didn’t know. But there’s always spot value in NHL betting when a team goes streaking. They have five straight home games against gettable opponents over the next week. Some people will be willing to pay to see how good they are.

Next Game: vs. Washington (10/26), vs. Dallas (10/30), vs. New Jersey (11/01), vs. Pittsburgh (11/04)

WORST – DALLAS STARS (5-4 SU and 3-6 ATS)

The Stars are one of those easy reads in NHL betting. They’re great at home, and horrible on the road. The best part? They’re on the road in Canada all weekend. This is one of the teams you can make money on by betting against them over their next haul before they return to their home rink at the end of next week.

Next Game: at Edmonton (10/26), at Calgary (10/27), at Vancouver (10/30), at Winnipeg (11/02), vs. Buffalo (11/04)

Tokens
NBA Long Sheet

CLEVELAND (3 - 2) at NEW ORLEANS (2 - 3) - 10/28/2017, 7:05 PM

There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
NEW ORLEANS is 3-1 against the spread versus CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
NEW ORLEANS is 2-2 straight up against CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

HOUSTON (5 - 1) at MEMPHIS (4 - 1) - 10/28/2017, 8:05 PM

Top Trends for this game.
HOUSTON is 26-15 ATS (+9.5 Units) in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 112-81 ATS (+22.9 Units) after 3 or more consecutive unders since 1996.
HOUSTON is 15-2 ATS (+12.8 Units) in road games revenging a loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons.
MEMPHIS is 6-18 ATS (-13.8 Units) after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
MEMPHIS is 3-13 ATS (-11.3 Units) after 3 or more consecutive unders over the last 2 seasons.

MEMPHIS is 5-4 against the spread versus HOUSTON over the last 3 seasons
MEMPHIS is 5-4 straight up against HOUSTON over the last 3 seasons
5 of 9 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

BOSTON (3 - 2) at MIAMI (2 - 2) - 10/28/2017, 8:05 PM

BOSTON is 5-16 ATS (-12.6 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 49-36 ATS (+9.4 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 32-18 ATS (+12.2 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 16-5 ATS (+10.5 Units) in road games in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 126-170 ATS (-61.0 Units) in home games in the first half of the season since 1996.

BOSTON is 5-2 against the spread versus MIAMI over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 7-0 straight up against MIAMI over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

OKLAHOMA CITY (2 - 3) at CHICAGO (1 - 3) - 10/28/2017, 8:05 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY is 27-48 ATS (-25.8 Units) in road games after scoring 115 points or more since 1996.
OKLAHOMA CITY is 83-57 ATS (+20.3 Units) off a upset loss as a favorite since 1996.
CHICAGO is 259-314 ATS (-86.4 Units) in the first half of the season since 1996.
CHICAGO is 124-169 ATS (-61.9 Units) in home games in non-conference games since 1996.
CHICAGO is 1-11 ATS (-11.1 Units) in home games after allowing 90 points or less over the last 3 seasons.

CHICAGO is 3-1 against the spread versus OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
CHICAGO is 3-1 straight up against OKLAHOMA CITY over the last 3 seasons
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PHILADELPHIA (1 - 4) at DALLAS (1 - 5) - 10/28/2017, 8:35 PM

DALLAS is 381-313 ATS (+36.7 Units) as an underdog since 1996.
PHILADELPHIA is 52-34 ATS (+14.6 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 20-9 ATS (+10.1 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 21-10 ATS (+10.0 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

DALLAS is 2-2 against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
DALLAS is 3-1 straight up against PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LA LAKERS (2 - 3) at UTAH (2 - 3) - 10/28/2017, 9:05 PM

UTAH is 4-4 against the spread versus LA LAKERS over the last 3 seasons
UTAH is 7-1 straight up against LA LAKERS over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PHOENIX (2 - 3) at PORTLAND (3 - 2) - 10/28/2017, 10:05 PM

PHOENIX is 3-15 ATS (-13.5 Units) when playing with 2 days rest over the last 3 seasons.

PORTLAND is 4-4 against the spread versus PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
PORTLAND is 5-3 straight up against PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
5 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

DETROIT (3 - 2) at LA CLIPPERS (4 - 0) - 10/28/2017, 10:35 PM

DETROIT is 12-26 ATS (-16.6 Units) in road games after a non-conference game over the last 3 seasons.
DETROIT is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) in road games after a win by 10 points or more over the last 3 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 89-119 ATS (-41.9 Units) after 3 or more consecutive unders since 1996.

LA CLIPPERS is 2-1 against the spread versus DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
LA CLIPPERS is 3-1 straight up against DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
NBA Trend Sheet

CLEVELAND @ NEW ORLEANS
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland's last 5 games when playing on the road against New Orleans
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cleveland's last 10 games when playing New Orleans
New Orleans is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Orleans's last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland

OKLAHOMA CITY @ CHICAGO
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oklahoma City's last 7 games when playing on the road against Chicago
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oklahoma City's last 8 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago's last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago's last 7 games when playing at home against Oklahoma City

HOUSTON @ MEMPHIS
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 5 games
Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
Memphis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
Memphis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games

BOSTON @ MIAMI
Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Miami
Boston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami's last 6 games at home

PHILADELPHIA @ DALLAS
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 6 games on the road
Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Dallas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
Dallas is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Philadelphia

LA LAKERS @ UTAH
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Lakers's last 10 games
LA Lakers is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Utah
Utah is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing LA Lakers
Utah is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against LA Lakers

PHOENIX @ PORTLAND
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Phoenix's last 15 games when playing on the road against Portland
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Phoenix's last 11 games when playing Portland
Portland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Phoenix
Portland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Phoenix

DETROIT @ LA CLIPPERS
Detroit is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Detroit is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
LA Clippers is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
LA Clippers is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games when playing Detroit

Tokens
StatFox Super Situations

CLEVELAND at NEW ORLEANS
Play On - Home underdogs vs. the 1rst half line (NEW ORLEANS) a marginal losing team (40% to 49%) playing a winning team, on Saturday games 112-60 since 1997. ( 65.1% | 46.0 units )

BOSTON at MIAMI
Play On - Road favorites vs. the money line (BOSTON) after allowing 90 points or less 2 straight games against opponent after a combined score of 205 points or more 33-6 over the last 5 seasons ( 84.6% | 24.0 units )

LA LAKERS at UTAH
Play Against - Any team (LA LAKERS) after going under the total by more than 18 points in two consecutive games, first half of the season 54-23 over the last 5 seasons. ( 70.1% | 28.7 units ) 1-0 this year. ( 100.0% | 1.0 units )

Tokens
NBA Knowledge

Home side won nine of last ten Cleveland-New Orleans games; Pelicans covered four of the last five. Cavaliers lost their last five visits to Bourbon Street. Over is 7-3 in last ten series games. Cleveland are 3-2 to start season (1-4 vs spread); they split their two road games. Under is 3-2 in their five games. Pelicans are 2-3 to start season, losing only home game by 8 to the Warriors. Three of their last four games went over.

Memphis is 6-4 in its last ten games with Houston; road teams won five of last eight series games. Under is 3-1 in last four series games. Teams split last four meetings played here. Rockets are 5-1 to start the season; their last five games stayed under the total- they’re 2-2 vs spread on road. Grizzlies are 4-1 to start the season (under 4-0-1), 3-0 at home, with a win over Golden State.

Celtics won their last seven games with Miami (5-2 vs spread); they won/covered their last four visits to South Beach. Over is 3-1 in last four series games. Boston won its last three games, with wins at Milwaukee/Philly- four of their five games stayed under. Heat split their first four games (0-3-1 vs spread, over 3-1). Miami won two of its three home games.

Bulls won three of last four games with Oklahoma City (under 3-1). Thunder won three of last five visits to the Windy City. OKC lost three of last four games; they’re 0-2 on road, losing by 9 in Utah, 3 in Minnesota last night. Under is 3-2 in their games this month. Chicago is 1-3 to start the season, splitting pair of home games (over 2-2).

76ers lost eight of last nine games with Dallas, but they’re 5-3 vs spread in last eight series games. Sixers are 1-4 vs spread in last five visits here. Over is 6-4 in last ten series games. Philly lost four of first five games; they’re 2-1 vs spread as a road underdog. Three of their last four games stayed under. Mavericks lost five of first six games but covered last two; they’re 1-3 at home. Under is 3-1-1 in their last five games.

Jazz won eight of last nine games with the Lakers, but LA covered four of last five; Lakers are 3-2 vs spread in their last five visits here. Under is 3-1 in last four series games. Lakers lost at home to Toronto last nite; they’re 2-3 to start season, winning by 2 in Phoenix in their only road game. Utah lost three of last four games (under 4-0-1); they won/covered their two home games.

Portland beat the Suns by 48 Opening Night, their 4th win in row over the Suns- they’re 3-0 vs spread in last three series games. Under is 7-3 in last ten series games. Phoenix is 2-0 since they changed coaches and Bledsoe went away; they lost their only road game to the Clippers by 42. Under is 3-2 in their games. Portland is 3-2 to start the season (under 4-1); they split their two home games.

Clippers won nine of their last ten games with Detroit, 3-1-1 vs spread in last five; Pistons lost their last five series games here (1-4 vs spread). Over is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Detroit is 3-2 to start season, splitting pair of 4-point decisions on road (2-0 vs spread). Over is 3-1 in their last four games. Clippers are 4-0 to start the season (under 4-0), winning home games by 18-42 points.

Tokens
LA DODGERS (112 - 61) at HOUSTON (110 - 66) - 8:05 PM

ALEX WOOD (L) vs. CHARLIE MORTON (R)

HOUSTON is 2-1 (+1.0 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

ALEX WOOD vs. HOUSTON since 1997
WOOD is 1-0 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.571.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

CHARLIE MORTON vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
MORTON is 0-1 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 6.55 and a WHIP of 1.909.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (+0.0 units)

LA DODGERS @ HOUSTON
LA Dodgers is 14-4 SU in its last 18 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Dodgers's last 8 games when playing on the road against Houston
Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers

StatFox Super Situations

LA DODGERS at HOUSTON
Play On - Any team (LA DODGERS) after 4 straight games where they stranded 7 or less runners on base, with a tired bullpen - after 2 straight games throwing 5+ innings 114-83 since 1997. ( 57.9% | 48.3 units ) 3-6 this year. ( 33.3% | -3.1 units )

StatFox Situational Power Trends

LA DODGERS at HOUSTON
HOUSTON is 71-40 (+20.6 Units) against the money line vs. good defensive catchers - allowing 0.5 or less SB's/game this season. The average score was: HOUSTON (5.2) , OPPONENT (4.2)

Tokens
MLB Playoffs

Los Angeles @ Houston
Astros are 7-0 at home in playoffs, outscoring opponents 36-10. Dodgers are 8-3 in the playoffs, 3-2 on the road. Since 1903, the Game 3 winner is 72-40 in that World Series.

Wood is 2-3, 4.28 in his last six starts; over is 5-2 in his last seven outings. Dodgers lost three of his last four road starts. Wood didn’t pitch against Houston this year; he is 0-1, 5.25 in five career playoff games (one start).

Morton pitched five great innings in Game 7 of the last series; he is 4-1, 3.73 in his last six starts. Under is 5-1 in his last six starts. Morton didn’t pitch against the Dodgers this season; he is 1-2, 5.30 in four career playoff starts.

Tokens
MLB Umpire Assignment

907 Los Angeles Dodgers +124 Over 8½ -110
908 Houston Astros -134 Under 8½ -110
Laz Diaz 2017: 16-16, 15-16 o/u (2016: 18-13, 12-14 o/u)
Under is 6-2-1 in Diazs last 9 games behind home plate.
Over is 4-1-1 in Diazs last 6 Saturday games behind home plate.
Over is 19-7 in Diazs last 26 interleague games behind home plate.
Over is 12-4-1 in Diazs last 17 Astros games behind home plate.
Over is 4-1 in Diazs last 5 Dodgers games behind home plate.
Road team is 7-3 in Diazs last 10 games behind home plate.
Home team is 14-6 in Diazs last 20 Astros games behind home plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boynerclinic
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com