Cnotes August MLB Best Bets + Pod's

Search

Tokens
Preview: Braves (65-45) at Phillies (50-59)
Game: 2
Venue: Citizens Bank Park
Date: August 03, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

Big innings have contributed to the Atlanta Braves extending their big lead atop the NL East.

The Braves will look to ride their explosive offense to a ninth straight win Saturday as their road series continues against the Philadelphia Phillies.

The Braves (65-45) have averaged 7.1 runs during their streak and have reached double digits in hits the last six games.

"Everything's a run," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said after Friday's 6-4 win that maintained his team's major league-best division lead at 11 1/2 games. "You see some guys with some good approaches, good at_bats, keep the lineup moving."

Atlanta rode a five-run fifth to its most recent victory, the fifth consecutive game it has had at least one five-run inning. The Braves also have been helped by the long ball, hitting nine home runs over their last four games.

Brian McCann has three of those home runs, including a two-run home run on Friday, while Chris Johnson added one of his own. Johnson is 21 of 44 (.477) over an 11-game hitting streak and His eight straight multihit games are the most for any Braves player since the franchise moved to Atlanta in 1966.

"I'm trying not to think about it really," Johnson said. "I'm trying to keep my same approach every single day, try to come in tomorrow do my exact same routine."

Jason Heyward, with two hits Friday, is batting .400 over his last six games, with eight runs batted in and 11 runs scored.

With the exception of Brandon Beachy's lone start, the Braves rotation has posted an ERA of 2.20 over the team's run.

Beachy (0-0, 17.18 ERA) will have another chance to join the club after he was pounded for seven runs in 3 2-3 innings of a 9-8 win over the Colorado Rockies on Monday. In his return from Tommy John surgery, the right-hander, who posted a 2.00 ERA in 13 starts last year, was reached for eight hits by Colorado, more than he allowed in any start last year.

"It still stinks," Beachy said. "I'm not going to chuck this up to being part of the process. I pitched poorly and let the guys down after they got me the lead. It's unacceptable."

Beachy seeks his first win in eight tries against the Phillies. Atlanta has lost all of Beachy's starts against Philadelphia, but he is not completely to blame since the Braves have provided him 11 total runs over the previous even starts.

Philadelphia, which had just three home runs in 10 prior contests, matched that total in Friday's loss.

Delmon Young had one of those home runs as part of a three-hit effort to snap out of a 5-for-31 slump. He has a .429 lifetime average (9 for 21) against Atlanta.

Philadelphia's John Lannan (3-4, 4.10 ERA) will look to end Atlanta's streak. He has pitched well against the Braves in recent years, going 6-1 with a 2.96 ERA since 2010 as part of a 9-5 career mark.

The left-hander has gotten back on track after posting a 1-3 record and a 5.15 ERA over his first seven starts for the Phillies. He is 2-1 with a 2.67 ERA in his last four.

Lannan's last three quality starts, however, came against the Washington Nationals, Chicago White Sox and San Francisco Giants, who rank 28th, 29th and 24th in the majors, respectively, in runs scored.

That was the story on Tuesday, when Lannan held the Giants to three runs in seven innings of a 7-3 victory over San Francisco.

Lannan, who has a 3.64 ERA on four days' rest this season, will pitch on three days' rest for the first time.

------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Braves at Phillies
Fri, Aug 2 Final 6 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Braves at Phillies
Sat, Aug 3 - 4:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Braves at Phillies
Sun, Aug 4 - 8:05PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Dodgers (59-49) at Cubs (49-60)
Game: 3
Venue: Wrigley Field
Date: August 03, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

In 1955, the Chicago Cubs prevented the Dodgers from matching a team record for consecutive road victories. Chicago had another chance to accomplish that feat in the second game of this series but Los Angeles won, and now the 2013 Dodgers can stand alone atop the franchise record books.

Los Angeles goes for its 13th straight win away from home Saturday, and it will send a pitcher to the mound who has dominated the Cubs.

The Brooklyn Dodgers came into Wrigley Field on May 11, 1955, with an opportunity to win their 12th consecutive road game and tie the team mark set by the Brooklyn Robins in 1924, but the Cubs put an end to that streak with a 10-8 victory.

The Dodgers (59-49) arrived in Chicago this week with 10 wins in a row on the road, the longest run since the team moved to Los Angeles in 1958, and they've won the first two of this four-game set to equal the franchise record.

Los Angeles has won 29 of 36 overall to vault into first place in the NL West.

"It's pretty special," said Nick Punto, who had two hits and drove in two runs in Friday's 6-2 win. "Pretty cool. Since 1924 someone was saying. That's really cool. This is a really special team."

The Dodgers appear to have a good chance to set the record with Chris Capuano (3-6, 4.54 ERA) getting the ball. He's 7-0 with a 1.55 ERA and two complete games in his last nine starts against the Cubs.

Capuano hasn't allowed a run over 24 innings in winning his last three starts at Wrigley Field, and he's 5-1 with a 3.16 ERA in seven starts there.

The left-hander, though, has been inconsistent since the end of June; he's allowed zero, seven, six, zero, five and zero runs in his past six starts.

Capuano gave up three hits and didn't issue a walk in 6 2-3 innings Sunday as the Dodgers beat Cincinnati 1-0 in 11 innings on Yasiel Puig's walkoff home run.

Los Angeles is 36-17 since calling Puig up from Double-A Chattanooga on June 3, and he's put on quite a show so far in this series. The 22-year-old is 4 for 7 with a homer, two walks, a hit by pitch and has made some dazzling catches in the outfield.

Another young player has excelled in this series.

Chicago outfielder Junior Lake, 23, went 4 for 5 on Friday after hitting a pair of solo home runs Thursday. Lake, batting .358, is the first Cubs player since at least 1916 to collect four hits twice in his first 16 games.

"(I) feel so good," he said through an interpreter. "(I'm seeing) the ball real well now."

Jeff Samardzija (6-9, 3.75) will try to give Cubs fans something to cheer about with Chicago (49-60) dropping five of six on its eight-game homestand.

The right-hander has pitched well since allowing a career high-tying nine runs in a 13-2 loss to the Angels on July 10, going 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA in his past three outings.

Samardzija gave up three hits, walked two and struck out seven over seven scoreless innings Monday before Milwaukee scored five times in the ninth to come away with the win.

He lost his only start against the Dodgers after allowing five runs over 5 1-3 innings in Los Angeles on Aug. 3, 2012.

-------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Dodgers at Cubs
Thu, Aug 1 Final 6 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Dodgers at Cubs
Fri, Aug 2 Final 6 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Dodgers at Cubs
Sat, Aug 3 - 4:05PM EDT

GAME 4
Dodgers at Cubs
Sun, Aug 4 - 2:20PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Mariners (50-59) at Orioles (61-49)
Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Date: August 03, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

Slugger Chris Davis has regained his power stroke and the Baltimore Orioles have followed suit at the plate.

They might need another scoring surge with the way Scott Feldman has pitched at his new home.

The Orioles will try to stay hot offensively and win their fourth in five games Saturday night when Feldman faces Kendrys Morales and the visiting Seattle Mariners.

After totaling 19 runs and batting .213 while losing six of eight, Baltimore (61-49) has piled up 17 runs and 22 hits in its last two following an 11-8 victory in Friday's series opener.

Davis hit his major league-leading 40th home run and Nate McLouth broke open a close game with a sixth-inning grand slam. With his third homer in four games, Davis became the fifth Oriole to hit 40 homers in a season, joining Brady Anderson (50), Frank Robinson (49), Jim Gentile (46) and Rafael Palmeiro (43).

"It's pretty good company to be in,' Davis said. "I'm proud of the way things are going this year. Still got a lot more work to do, but it's nice to be a big part of a winning team.'

Morales is 13 for 17 over his last four games following consecutive four-hit performances. He's the first Seattle player to record back-to-back four-hit games since Ichiro Suzuki on June 6-7, 2006.

Morales will attempt to continue his tear against Feldman (2-2, 5.12 ERA), but he's 2 for 13 lifetime in this matchup.

Feldman has allowed two runs over 14 innings in two road starts - both Baltimore victories - but he's 1-2 with a 7.13 ERA in three outings at home since being acquired from the Chicago Cubs on July 2. He gave up four runs and six hits over five innings there in Saturday's 7-3 loss to Boston.

The right-hander may have a difficult time settling in versus the Mariners (50-59). He's 0-4 with a 7.89 ERA while allowing five home runs and 14 walks in 21 2-3 innings in his last five starts against them. He was tagged for six runs and seven hits over 2 2-3 innings before leaving without a decision in an 8-6 loss on Sept. 15 while with Texas.

Kyle Seager has gone 4 for 8 lifetime against Feldman and looks to improve his major league-best .398 batting average since July 1.

Nick Franklin, however, went 0 for 5 Friday and is hitless in 17 at_bats.

The Mariners hope to avoid their eighth loss in 10 games as they give the ball to Erasmo Ramirez (2-0, 7.71), who seeks his third straight win.

Although the right-hander has allowed eight walks and 21 hits - including a home run in each of his three starts - the Mariners have aided him with 16 runs of support.

Ramirez, who has missed most of the season with right triceps tendinitis, yielded four runs and seven hits over six innings in a 6-4 win over Minnesota on Sunday.

He pitched well in his only start against the Orioles, allowing two runs and four hits over eight-plus innings in a 4-2, 18-inning loss at Safeco Field on Sept. 18.

Baltimore's Matt Wieters went 0 for 7 in that contest and hopes to end a career-worst 0-for-25 drought in this meeting.

The Orioles will be without second baseman Brian Roberts, who was put on the paternity leave list Friday awaiting the birth of his family's first son.

---------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Mariners at Orioles
Fri, Aug 2 Final 8 to 11
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Mariners at Orioles
Sat, Aug 3 - 7:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Mariners at Orioles
Sun, Aug 4 - 1:35PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: White Sox (40-67) at Tigers (62-45)
Venue: Comerica Park
Date: August 03, 2013 7:08 PM EDT

Max Scherzer has been as dominant immediately following the All-Star break as he was before it.

He's pitched extremely well of late against the lowly Chicago White Sox.

Hoping to match his career high with a 16th win, the right-hander tries to help the Detroit Tigers extend their season-high winning streak to seven and send the visiting White Sox on their first nine-game slide in almost 22 years Saturday night.

Scherzer (15-1, 3.01 ERA) suffered his first loss when he allowed four runs in six innings to Texas in his last outing before starting for the AL in the All-Star game. He's yielded two runs and five hits over 14 innings to win his first two starts after the break.

Pitching on his 29th birthday last Saturday, Scherzer became the fourth pitcher since 1979 to go 15-1 after he allowed one hit and struck out seven in six innings of a 10-0 victory at Philadelphia. Roger Clemens was the most recent to start 16-1 for the New York Yankees in 2001.

Scherzer also has received a major league-best 7.64 average runs of support.

"That's why I love being in Detroit," he said. "If you go out and pitch well, you have a good chance to win the ballgame."

His teammates totaled 20 runs while he's yielded three, 12 hits and fanned 21 in 22 innings to win three straight starts against the White Sox (40-67). Scherzer allowed two solo homers and two other hits over eight innings of a 7-3 victory at Chicago on July 22.

The Tigers (62-45) improved to 6-0 on an eight-game homestand with Friday's 2-1 win in the series opener. They've won seven straight at home and 10 of 11 overall.

Austin Jackson homered and Jose Iglesias had an RBI in his first game since being acquired from Boston in a three-team trade that sent Jake Peavy from Chicago to the Red Sox. Iglesias started at third base in place of Miguel Cabrera, who could miss a third straight contest with an abdomen strain.

Iglesias, who hit .330 in 63 games for Boston this season, could soon start at shortstop with Jhonny Peralta facing a possible suspension amid the fallout from baseball's investigation into the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic.

"I just want to help this team win, no matter what position," Iglesias said.

Prince Fielder, who scored on Iglesias' fourth-inning single, is 5 for 7 with a homer against scheduled Chicago starter John Danks (2-8, 4.57).

Jackson is batting .414 (12 for 29) with three homers against the left-hander, who is 0-3 with an 11.90 ERA in his last four starts versus Detroit. He allowed six runs, including five on homers to Fielder, Jackson and Torii Hunter, over seven innings of a 6-2 loss July 24.

He's posted a 7.06 ERA in losing his last four starts at Comerica Park.

Danks is 0-3 with a 4.86 ERA in his previous five starts overall, but he allowed one earned run and two hits in six innings while not factoring in the decision of a 3-2 loss at Cleveland on Monday.

"I wasn't as good as I needed to be," said Danks, who walked a season-high four. "My command was lacking."

The White Sox, who have lost 11 of 12, last dropped nine in a row Aug. 19-28, 1991.

Alex Rios had two hits with an RBI on Friday, but he's 3 for 27 with eight strikeouts against Scherzer.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
White Sox at Tigers
Fri, Aug 2 Final 1 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
White Sox at Tigers
Sat, Aug 3 - 7:08PM EDT

GAME 3
White Sox at Tigers
Sun, Aug 4 - 1:08PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Rockies (52-59) at Pirates (65-44)
Venue: PNC Park
Date: August 03, 2013 7:05 PM EDT

Francisco Liriano's return to prominence has been one of the reasons the Pittsburgh Pirates have the best pitching staff in baseball.

The veteran left-hander has a chance to continue his outstanding run Saturday night when the Pirates host a Colorado Rockies team that could be without one of the NL's top sluggers.

After winning four of five from St. Louis to take over first place in the NL Central, Pittsburgh (65-44) will attempt to regroup from a 4-2 loss in Friday's series opener. The Pirates, who also dropped the series finale against the Cardinals, are looking to avoid their first three-game skid since July 14-20, bridging the All-Star break.

Troy Tulowitzki went 2 for 3 with his 20th home run to help the Rockies (52-59) end a four-game losing streak.

The Pirates had their lead in the division cut to one-half game when St. Louis beat Cincinnati, but they should feel confident about getting back on track with Liriano (11-4, 2.16 ERA) on the mound.

Pittsburgh tops the major leagues with a 3.10 ERA and Liriano has posted a 1.89 ERA while winning six of his last seven starts.

Since allowing a season-worst five runs over 4 1-3 innings in a 5-3 loss at Cincinnati on July 19, Liriano has struck out 16 while giving up one run and six hits over 14 2-3 innings in consecutive victories.

"It's been a good run for him being able to watch, and that's pretty much what I've been doing," center fielder Andrew McCutchen said. "I don't get a lot of action when he's on the mound. It makes it a lot easier for the defense."

Liriano has been at his best at home, where he's 6-1 with a 1.61 ERA in seven outings. He's struck out 49 and hasn't given up a homer in 44 2-3 innings there.

He'll likely face a short-handed Rockies lineup that has totaled nine runs over the last four games.

Carlos Gonzalez entered in the eighth inning Friday as a defensive replacement but expressed doubt that he'd be ready to return to the lineup for this game. The All-Star left fielder, who ranks among the major league leaders with 26 home runs, has a sprained right middle finger.

The Rockies, though, may get Michael Cuddyer back after he missed Friday's game due to a family emergency. Cuddyer ranks near the top of the majors with a .329 batting average.

Their returns could certainly benefit starter Jorge De La Rosa (10-5, 3.21), who looks to rebound from one of his worst outings of his career. The left-hander allowed eight runs - five earned - and 10 hits over five innings in a 9-8, 10-inning loss in Atlanta on Monday.

De La Rosa has gone 0-1 with a 5.31 ERA in four starts in Pittsburgh, though he hasn't pitched there since 2011.

McCutchen went 2 for 4 with a double Friday and is 6 for 16 with a homer in his last four games against the Rockies.

Neil Walker is 7 for 15 over that stretch versus Colorado, while Starling Marte is batting .360 during a seven-game hitting streak at PNC Park.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Rockies at Pirates
Fri, Aug 2 Final 4 to 2
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Rockies at Pirates
Sat, Aug 3 - 7:05PM EDT

GAME 3
Rockies at Pirates

Tokens
Preview: Diamondbacks (56-53) at Red Sox (66-45)
Venue: Fenway Park
Date: August 03, 2013 7:10 PM EDT

With an eye on helping the Boston Red Sox reach the postseason, Jake Peavy is set to begin a new chapter in his stellar career.

The 32-year-old right-hander makes his debut for the Red Sox on Saturday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Perhaps the biggest name to be moved prior to Wednesday's trade deadline, Peavy (8-4, 4.28 ERA) was acquired from the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday as part of a three-team trade in which Boston (66-45) sent talented young infielder Jose Iglesias to Detroit.

Peavy, who last pitched in the postseason for San Diego in 2006, is excited about the chance of possibly returning with the Red Sox - leaders by one game over Tampa Bay in the AL East.

"The opportunity I've been given, I couldn't ask for anything more than to come to a team in first place with a realistic chance, which is why we all play this game - to play in the postseason,' said Peavy, who is reunited with former White Sox bullpen coach Juan Nieves - now the pitching coach in Boston.

Peavy, who made one previous appearance at Fenway Park in 2011, has won two straight starts despite yielding eight runs and four homers over 13 innings.

"I expect to win on my day, and to be the best teammate I can be,' the 2007 NL Cy Young Award winner said. "I think I can win. I still think I can be a pitcher who can go out every fifth day and give my team a chance to win.'

Peavy is 13-12 with a 4.66 ERA in 29 starts against the Diamondbacks (56-53), but has not faced them since 2009.

He'll try to help the Red Sox bounce back after their six-game interleague winning streak ended with a 7-6 loss to Arizona on Friday. Ex-Boston outfielder Cody Ross had four hits, including a tiebreaking solo homer in the seventh to help the Diamondbacks snap a five-game skid to the Red Sox.

Ross, who had 22 home runs and 81 RBIs in 130 games last season for Boston, is 9 for 14 with five RBIs in three games.

"Obviously, I want to come in here and perform and play well. Any time you play against one of your old teams you want to do that,' he said, ``but I have no hard feelings toward anybody in this organization.'

Ross' only hit in five at_bats versus Peavy was a home run.

Arizona might have a good chance to spoil Peavy's Beantown debut and record consecutive road wins for the first time since July 3-4 behind All-Star Patrick Corbin (12-2, 2.24).

The left-hander has allowed one run in each of his last four starts, during which he's struck out 34 over 28 2-3 innings. His three-start winning streak ended Sunday despite allowing a run and fanning eight in eight innings of a 1-0 loss to San Diego.

"I just want to do the same thing: Go up there and give up as few runs as I can,' Corbin said.

He'll try to cool off Boston's Jacoby Ellsbury, who is batting .474 (27 for 57) during a 13-game interleague hitting streak.

Arizona's Aaron Hill is 13 for 26 with eight extra-base hits in his last six games against AL opponents.

---------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Diamondbacks at Red Sox
Fri, Aug 2 Final 7 to 6
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Diamondbacks at Red Sox
Sat, Aug 3 - 7:10PM EDT

GAME 3
Diamondbacks at Red Sox

Tokens
Preview: Nationals (53-56) at Brewers (46-63)
Venue: Miller Park

In the midst of what's shaping up to be the worst season of his career, Dan Haren experienced a rare outing consisting of mostly positives the last time he took the mound.

The similarly underachieving Washington Nationals hope there's more where that came from.

Haren will be on the hill as visiting Washington looks to send the Milwaukee Brewers to a third straight defeat Saturday night.

The Nationals signed Haren to a one-year, $13 million deal in December to complete a rotation already featuring Stephen Strasburg, Gio Gonzalez and Jordan Zimmermann.

Haren (5-11, 5.49 ERA), though, has been a major disappointment for a Washington team that sits below .500 in August despite high expectations after winning the NL East in 2012.

The right-hander had gone 2 1/2 months without a victory before allowing one run and three hits in seven innings of a 4-1 win over the Mets last Saturday. The Nationals (53-56) had lost his previous 11 starts, with Haren going 0-8 with a 6.18 ERA in that stretch.

"It's obviously been a long time to have that winning feeling after a game,' Haren said. "It definitely feels good. I was finally able to maintain momentum, something I haven't done all year.'

Haren hasn't faced Milwaukee since 2009 while with Arizona, but he's 1-0 with a 1.26 ERA in two starts and one relief appearance versus the Brewers, who were held in check for the second straight game Friday.

After falling to the Cubs 6-1 on Wednesday, Milwaukee (46-63) had only five hits - one being Jonathan Lucroy's homer - in a 4-1 loss to the Nationals. It went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position.

"We made some mistakes again today,' manager Ron Roenicke said. "You get behind on these guys and if you go into the ninth inning and you have to score three runs to tie it, it makes it tough. We need to play better.'

Washington had scored one run while dropping each of its last two games before Bryce Harper hit a solo homer and drove in two runs Friday. Harper is hitting .340 since the All-Star break.

"That's just Harp,' manager Davey Johnson said. "I expect stuff like that out of Harp. He had a good game.'

Jayson Werth went 3 for 4 and is hitting .421 with five homers over his last 12, but Adam LaRoche went hitless again and is now 1 for 26 over his last seven. He'll look to bust out of his slump against Brewers starter Donovan Hand, who is coming off his longest outing as a major leaguer.

Hand (0-2, 3.56) has a 3.65 ERA in five starts this season, also making 12 relief appearances. He will be making his third straight start after giving up three runs in six innings of a 6-5 loss at Colorado on Sunday, marking the longest outing for the rookie since pitching as a starter in Double-A in 2009.

"I got to go six (innings), so hopefully we can build on that next time," Hand said.

The right-hander made his third start against Washington on July 4, giving up three runs in five innings of an 8-5 loss. LaRoche and Werth each had RBI singles while Ian Desmond went 3 for 3 off Hand.

Washington has won four of the last five meetings at Miller Park after losing the previous eight.

--------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Nationals at Brewers
Fri, Aug 2 Final 4 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Nationals at Brewers

GAME 3
Nationals at Brewers
Sun, Aug 4 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Astros (36-72) at Twins (46-60)
Venue: Target Field

The Minnesota Twins just picked up a much-needed home victory.

Kyle Gibson didn't come close to winning the last time he pitched at Target Field.

The rookie right-hander will make his first home start in nearly a month Saturday night when Minnesota continues its series with the Houston Astros.

After the Twins' major league-worst rotation posted a 7.65 ERA during the club's four-game losing streak, Samuel Deduno worked around five walks and allowed two runs in six innings Friday before Minnesota (46-60) won 4-3 in 13 innings on Brian Dozier's game-winning single.

Dozier, who's hit safely in a career-best nine straight, had a game-tying RBI single in the ninth after Houston (36-72) took a 3-2 lead on Matt Dominguez's run-scoring double off All-Star closer Glen Perkins.

"A much-needed win for the team,' Dozier said. "A confidence booster.'

After ending a four-game home skid in the series opener, the Twins will hand the ball to Gibson (2-3, 6.21 ERA), who was tagged for eight runs and 11 hits in his last start at Minneapolis, a 9-5 loss to the New York Yankees on July 4.

He's made four road starts since, most recently giving up five runs over five innings in Sunday's 6-4 loss to Seattle.

Gibson has surrendered two homers in each of his last two starts after not yielding any in his first four.

"This is the second game in a row I haven't gotten strike one," he told the Twins' official website. "As soon as I get strike one it's going to be a whole lot easier for me."

Getting ahead of hitters could also extend Gibson's outings. He's failed to pitched past the sixth in any of his starts since his late June call-up.

Astros starters have been outstanding over the past 11 games, posting a 3.33 ERA while at least pitching into the seventh five times, but the bullpen has been an issue. Houston's bullpen has a 6.53 ERA in that stretch, and it gave up runs in the eighth and ninth Friday.

"We had opportunities to close it out and just didn't get the job done,' manager Bo Porter said. "It's definitely a concern. It's pretty obvious that we've had problems in our bullpen.'

Erik Bedard (3-8, 4.28) will try to keep the Astros' trend of strong starts going, and he's posted a 2.20 ERA in his last three but has lost them all while getting just two runs of support.

The left-hander is making his first start in nine days after being scratched prior to Wednesday's trade deadline. Bedard obviously wasn't dealt, so he'll get another chance with Houston to snap his five-start losing streak.

He held Toronto to a run and three hits over five innings July 25 in a 4-0 loss.

"He's been doing a great job of really attacking guys,' catcher Jason Castro said. "He's got very good stuff, he's got a ton of movement on his pitches.'

Bedard is 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA in three starts since 2011 against the Twins - one each with the Mariners, Red Sox and Pirates - though he hasn't pitched in Minnesota since August of that year while with Boston.

Justin Morneau, who had his second straight multi-hit game Friday, has faced Bedard more than any Twin. He's 11 for 29 with two homers and two doubles.

Astros second baseman Jose Altuve may return Saturday after missing the past two games with a sore left quad.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Astros at Twins
Fri, Aug 2 Final 3 to 4
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Astros at Twins

GAME 3
Astros at Twins
Sun, Aug 4 - 2:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Indians (60-49) at Marlins (43-65)
Venue: Marlins Park

The Miami Marlins' starting pitching has been outstanding of late.

Jacob Turner will try to continue that run Saturday night against the Cleveland Indians as the Marlins go for a season-high fourth consecutive victory.

With rookie All-Star Jose Fernandez striking out a career-best 14, which also tied for second-most in franchise history, Miami (43-65) beat Cleveland 10-0 on Friday for its eighth win in 12 games.

The Indians (60-49) entered the contest averaging 6.7 runs during a season-best eight-game win streak.

Marlins starters have surrendered two runs or fewer in 14 of 17 games.

"(Fernandez) was on a mission," manager Mike Redmond said. "He went out against a great lineup and really just dominated."

Miami's last four-game winning streak was also its last 4-0 run at home, June 27-July 1, 2012.

After surrendering three runs in 6 1-3 innings in Monday's 6-5 loss to the New York Mets, Turner is 3-0 with a 2.23 ERA in five outings in Miami since being called up in late May.

The young right-hander was denied the victory as the bullpen failed to hold a 5-3 lead, but he didn't sound like he was even deserving of a win.

"There were times I felt I had the ability to throw the pitch where I needed to and there were times when I felt like it wasn't there at all," said Turner, who has given up more than three earned runs once in 11 starts. "It's kind of frustrating."

His 2.97 run-support average in July had to be, too.

Turner (3-3, 2.65 ERA) will get his first look at the Indians, who have dropped seven of nine as the visitor.

Cleveland will try to correct its road woes before hosting AL Central-leading Detroit for four games starting Monday. The Indians fell three back of the Tigers, who opened their weekend series with Friday's 2-1 victory over the Chicago White Sox.

Cleveland will look to bounce back with Zach McAllister (4-6, 3.48) toeing the rubber. The right-hander is 0-1 with a 3.75 ERA in two starts since missing seven weeks with a sprained right middle finger. He threw seven innings of two-run ball in Monday's 3-2 victory over the White Sox.

McAllister, who's lost his last three decisions, has yet to face the Marlins.

Logan Morrison could be a tough out if he's swinging the bat like he did Friday. The first baseman had four of the Marlins' 16 hits, the club's most since June 9, and drove in four runs.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria and rookies Christian Yelich and Jake Marisnick each had as many hits (three) as Cleveland did, and Miami scored its most runs since an 11-6 win over the Mets on June 2.

"Unfortunately for us, that's as good a start as I think we've seen all year," Indians manager Terry Francona said of Fernandez.

-----------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Indians at Marlins
Fri, Aug 2 Final 0 to 10
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Indians at Marlins

GAME 3
Indians at Marlins
Sun, Aug 4 - 1:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Cardinals (64-44) at Reds (60-50)
Venue: Great American Ball Park

After nearly a week's worth of offensive futility, all finally seems right with the St. Louis Cardinals.

They face a stern test trying to pile up runs for a third straight game Saturday night against Tony Cingrani and the Cincinnati Reds.

The Cardinals (64-44) fell out of first place in the NL Central during a season-worst seven-game losing streak in which they totaled 10 runs while batting .183 with 59 strikeouts in 235 at_bats. St. Louis avoided a five-game sweep to Pittsburgh - which overtook it atop the division - with a 13-0 whitewashing on Thursday before continuing its rampage Friday at Great American Ball Park with a 13-3 rout of the Reds.

"Our guys put so much pressure on themselves,' Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said after his team pulled within one-half game of the Pirates. "They're perfectionists. It was frustrating for a quite a few days. It was good to see some energy. I hope we can keep riding it.'

Far and away the majors' best team hitting with runners in scoring position (.337), St. Louis has gone 13 for 28 in such situations in its back-to-back wins after going 10 for 47 during its skid. Allen Craig went 2 for 2 in those instances Friday, boosting his major league-leading average to .476 (50 for 105), and also added a two-run homer.

Cingrani (4-1, 2.90 ERA) will try to hold down Craig and the Cardinals and continue his solid run. The rookie is 1-1 with a 2.03 ERA in five starts since rejoining the rotation last month, striking out 33 in 30 1-3 innings while holding opponents to a .163 batting average.

The left-hander, though, had nothing to show for the best start of his career Sunday at Chavez Ravine, holding the Dodgers to one hit and one walk over seven innings while matching a season high with 11 strikeouts in Cincinnati's 1-0, 11-inning defeat.

"I don't really care about my win-loss record. I'd rather just get a win," he told the team's official website. "I had my fastball working. I was just moving it, basically, up and in the whole time. I threw some good sliders. It was a good day."

Cingrani's only appearance versus St. Louis came in a relief role to close out last year as he gave up two hits and one walk in two-thirds of an inning.

Cincinnati (60-50) knows all about offensive struggles, having scored only 12 runs and hit .178 while losing six of seven. Joey Votto accounted for the offense Friday night with a three-run homer, and he has driven in five of the Reds' seven runs the past two games.

Cardinals starter Jake Westbrook (7-5, 3.18) wouldn't object to another offensive outburst as he seeks his third win in four starts. The right-hander's career-long struggles in Pittsburgh continued Monday, when he gave up a three-run homer to Pedro Alvarez and four first-inning runs in his first 10 pitches of a five-inning stint in a 9-2 loss that dropped him to 0-6 there.

Westbrook threw a five-hitter against the Reds on April 10 for his fourth career shutout in a 10-0 romp. Chris Heisey is 6 for 16 with three solo homers against Westbrook, while Votto is 5 for 15 with two doubles.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Cardinals at Reds
Fri, Aug 2 Final 13 to 3
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Cardinals at Reds

GAME 3
Cardinals at Reds
Sun, Aug 4 - 1:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Giants (49-59) at Rays (64-45)
Venue: Tropicana Field

David Price has battled through early-season struggles and an extended stint on the disabled list to regain the form that has made him one of baseball's top pitchers.

Just when it seems Tim Lincecum has done the same, he's more often than not fallen back into a rut.

Price's Tampa Bay Rays host Lincecum's San Francisco Giants in a matchup of former Cy Young Award winners Saturday night.

As if going 1-4 with a 5.24 ERA through his first nine starts after winning the 2012 AL Cy Young wasn't bad enough, Price (6-5, 3.57 ERA) suffered a strained left triceps in a loss to Boston on May 15 that would land him on the DL for the next six weeks.

He's been stellar since his return, though, going 5-1 with a 1.68 ERA in six outings and tossing three complete games in his last five. He had completed four games in his previous 130 starts.

Price won his third straight outing after allowing one run and two hits in 7 1-3 innings of Monday's 2-1 win over the Red Sox. He retired the only batter he faced after being sent out following a 39-minute rain delay, a decision manager Joe Maddon regretted.

"The guy's way too important to the franchise, and he's way too important to himself to jeopardize it on July 29,' Maddon said.

Price hasn't faced the Giants, who never seem to know what they're going to get from Lincecum (5-11, 4.61).

The 2008 and '09 NL Cy Young winner has one win since beating Toronto on June 4, pitching a no-hitter while striking out 13 in a 9-0 victory at San Diego on July 13.

Lincecum, though, followed that gem by giving up eight runs in 3 2-3 innings of an 11-0 loss to Cincinnati on July 22. The right-hander then gave up two runs in seven innings while striking out 10 against the Cubs in a 2-1 defeat on Sunday.

"It's a shame we couldn't get him the win," manager Bruce Bochy said.

Inconsistency, though, has been nothing new for Lincecum, who is 1-6 with a 4.42 ERA despite 63 strikeouts in 55 innings over his last nine starts. He's made it through four starts without allowing an earned run this season, only to have gone 0-3 with a 9.14 ERA in the four outings immediately after those solid performances.

Lincecum will try to help deal the Rays (64-45) a third consecutive defeat after the Giants (49-59) took Friday's series opener 3-1. Brandon Belt broke out of a 1-for-19 slump by going 3 for 4 with a solo homer and an RBI triple in his first start since getting three days off to work on his swing.

"Mentally I've stayed in there pretty well,' Belt said. "There's just some things that I need to work on to tap into my ability a little more.'

Brandon Crawford followed Belt's triple with a two-run homer as San Francisco won its third straight after dropping eight of its previous nine.

Tampa Bay is on the verge of losing three straight for the first time since June 16-18 as its lineup has gone cold. The Rays' only run Friday came on Ben Zobrist's RBI single in the third after they mustered just three hits in a 7-0 loss to Arizona on Wednesday.

"There's an ebb and flow to the season; you get hot at some moments and sometimes you don't,' Maddon said.

Tampa had won 12 of its previous 13 at home prior to dropping the last two. The Giants have won six of eight on the road.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Giants at Rays
Fri, Aug 2 Final 4 to 1
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Giants at Rays

GAME 3
Giants at Rays
Sun, Aug 4 - 1:40PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Yankees (56-52) at Padres (51-59)
Venue: PETCO Park
Date: August 03, 2013 8:40 PM EDT

With major league baseball's drug investigation posing a distraction for both the New York Yankees and San Diego, the Padres appear to be handling things better than their current opponent.

The Padres look to build on a convincing series-opening victory over the visiting Yankees on Saturday night.

One of 14 players facing lengthy suspensions for their ties to the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic, Everth Cabrera matched a career high with four hits and San Diego (51-59) hit three homers in Friday's 7-2 win over New York.

The Padres have won eight of 11, but could soon be without their All-Star shortstop for some time. Monday appears to be the deadline for the players to accept suspensions related to MLB's probe.

"I can't say anything about that,' said Cabrera, batting .285 and leading the NL with 37 steals.

He is willing to talk about his team's recent play.

"We have been better the last two weeks, competing a lot and everyone puts something to help the team to win the games," said Cabrera, who is 10 for 20 in the last four interleague games. "We have to keep doing this.'

Though New York (56-52) has played the entire season without injured star Alex Rodriguez, his ties to the scandal continue to dominate the headlines. Rehabbing from hip and quad injuries, Rodriguez appears poised to join the Yankees in Chicago on Monday to face the White Sox.

"I think it's possible,' Yankees manager Joe Girardi said about Rodriquez, who will likely appeal any suspension.

Even with Curtis Granderson back from missing more than two months with the broken finger, New York can use any help after averaging 3.1 runs during a stretch of 10 losses in 15 games.

Starter CC Sabathia drove home one of the Yankees' two runs Friday. Granderson went 0 for 4 in his return. Derek Jeter had a hit but is 4 for 19 in five games this season.

Things might not get much easier for New York based on the way Padres starter Tyson Ross (2-4, 2.90 ERA) has pitched of late.

After making 19 straight relief appearances following a stint on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, Ross has allowed one run, five hits and struck out 13 in 14 innings to win two straight starts. He gave up three hits and fanned seven in eight innings to outpitch Arizona All-Star Patrick Corbin in Sunday's 1-0 victory.

"It's a great confidence builder," manager Bud Black told the Padres' official website about Ross, who is 2-1 with a 2.25 ERA in five starts this season. "Somebody told me once, if you do it one time, you can do it again."

The right-hander hopes to avoid the kind of outing he had in his only start against the Yankees for Oakland last season, when he yielded six runs and 12 hits, including three homers, in 4 1-3 innings of a 6-3 defeat.

New York counters with Ivan Nova (4-4, 3.41 ERA), who has not received a run of support in his last two outings. The right-hander allowed four total runs and walked six while going seven innings in each contest.

Nova, 2-3 with a 2.39 ERA as a starter since June 23, was outpitched by Tampa Bay's Chris Archer in taking last Saturday's 1-0 loss.

"You got to stay trying to keep the game close, hoping that they're going to score a run at some point," Nova told the Yankees' official website. "That's the only thing that I can do."

------------------------------------------------------------

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Yankees at Padres
Fri, Aug 2 Final 2 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Yankees at Padres
Sat, Aug 3 - 8:40PM EDT

GAME 3
Yankees at Padres
Sun, Aug 4 - 4:10PM EDT

Tokens
Preview: Blue Jays (50-59) at Angels (50-58)
Game: 3
Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Date: August 03, 2013 9:05 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Angels' lineup has been quiet when Jered Weaver takes the mound, but it may be on the verge of snapping that trend.

Weaver seeks another solid performance and some support from his surging offense while helping Los Angeles earn a fifth straight home win over the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday night.

The Angels (50-58) entered this series coming off three-game sweeps at the hands of AL West rivals Oakland and Texas, but they haven't had much trouble with Toronto.

J.B. Shuck drove in three runs in Thursday's 8-2 victory before Kole Calhoun capped a four-hit night with a go-ahead two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth in Friday's 7-5 win.

``Not all the wins are going to come easy, especially with our backs against the wall,' Calhoun said. ``We're going to have to beat those All-Star guys. We're going to have to compete.'

Shuck tripled home the tying run earlier in the eighth. He also robbed Jose Bautista of a home run in left field, jumping high above the fence to make the grab before tumbling into the crowd for one of baseball's best highlights of the season.

"I just tried to go get it,' Shuck said. ``I don't know what really happened after that. I think that's the first one I've ever brought back.'

With the offense producing, Weaver (5-5, 2.84 ERA) may have a good chance to get some rare support. His 2.64 run-support average in 14 outings would rank among the worst in the majors if he qualified.

Weaver gave up one run in seven innings and left with a 3-1 lead over Texas on Monday, but the bullpen allowed two homers in the bottom of the ninth for a 4-3 loss to overshadow another of his stellar outings.

``It's a little frustrating. This was probably one of the best (games) I've thrown in Texas,' Weaver said. ``No lead is safe."

Weaver had gone 20 1-3 innings without allowing a run before giving up an RBI single in the sixth, and he's 4-1 with a 1.31 ERA over his last seven starts.

The right-hander is 7-2 with a 3.70 ERA in nine starts versus the Blue Jays, but he hasn't faced them since giving up eight runs in 4 2-3 innings of an 11-2 road loss Aug. 13, 2011. Adam Lind hit a grand slam and Edwin Encarnacion added a two-run shot off Weaver in that contest.

Jose Reyes hit a two-run homer Friday for Toronto (50-59), which has lost six of its last eight road meetings with the Angels.

``We let the game get away, and if that continues to happen, we're going to go nowhere and we're going to be home in October,' Reyes said. "It's tough to play the way we've been playing. It's not acceptable with the kind of team that we have. We're better than this.'

Esmil Rogers opposes Weaver looking to bounce back from a rough outing.

Rogers (3-5, 4.36) is 2-3 with a 4.43 ERA in 11 starts this season, and he's been inconsistent of late. After allowing two runs in seven innings of Toronto's 8-3, 10-inning loss the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 24, he gave up eight runs and 10 hits in 4 1-3 innings of Monday's 9-4 loss to Oakland.

The right-hander, winless in his last seven starts, has never started versus the Angels. He did give up three runs in 2 2-3 innings over four relief appearances last season.

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Blue Jays at Angels
Thu, Aug 1 Final 2 to 8
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 2
Blue Jays at Angels
Fri, Aug 2 Final 5 to 7
Boxscores • Recaps

GAME 3
Blue Jays at Angels
Sat, Aug 3 - 9:05PM EDT

GAME 4
Blue Jays at Angels
Sun, Aug 4 - 3:35PM EDT

Tokens
Diamond Trends - Saturday

August 3, 2013

SU TREND OF THE DAY:

-- The Tigers are 14-0 since September 06, 2007 as a home favorite after scoring 3 runs or less and winning and it is not the first game of a series for a net profit of $1400.

OU TREND OF THE DAY:

-- The Padres are 10-0 OU since April 27, 2013 after a win in which they allowed 1 or fewer walks and it is not the first game of a series for a net profit of $1005 when playing the over.

PITCHER TREND OF THE DAY:

-- When Jered Weaver starts the Angels are 13-0 since September 10, 2006 as a favorite vs a team that lost at least their starters last three starts for a net profit of $1300.

MLB BIBLE ACTIVE TREND:

-- The Reds are 10-0 OU since 2010 after a loss where they allowed at least eight walks.

ACTIVE TRENDS:

-- The Mets are 0-9 since April 04, 2013 at home when they are off a win in which they never trailed for a net profit of $1013 when playing against.

-- When Patrick Corbin starts the Diamondbacks are 10-0 since August 07, 2012 after he had a WHIP of less than one his last start for a net profit of $1072.

Tokens
Three MLB teams books don't want to win the World Series

There are two months left in the MLB regular season and sportsbooks are beginning to sweat when it comes to a few teams making a postseason push.

We talked to oddsmakers in Las Vegas and online about which clubs pose the biggest hit to the World Series futures book if they went on to win the Fall Classic. Here are three teams books are cheering against this summer:

Los Angeles Dodgers

World Series odds: +1,000 (Open), +4,000 (June 24), +600 (Currently)

The Dodgers’ about face in the National League West is quickly becoming a thing of legend. Los Angeles was the worst bet in all of baseball back in June and watched its World Series futures bloat to 40-1, as injuries to its stars stacked up.

Then, Hanley Ramirez returned and rookie sensation Yasiel Puig caught fire, sparking L.A. to a 19-6 run in July. Nevada books always take extra action on California teams and the Dodgers’ turnaround has forced many spots to juice their World Series odds in order to cushion the blow of a potential L.A. World Series win.

“The Dodgers look to be very, very real to me,” Michael Stewart, an oddsmaker for CarbonSports.ag, told Covers. “They're the hottest team in baseball and their only issue might be they're hot at the wrong time of the year because there's no way they can sustain that level of play.”

“The Dodgers can easily navigate their way through the NL playoffs and find themselves in the World Series, setting up a disastrous situation for us.”

Cleveland Indians

World Series odds: +10,000 (Open), +3,000 (June 24), +2,500 (Currently)

The Tribe were the wiseguys’ pick when it came to season-win totals but no one thought Cleveland would be in the World Series conversation come August. The additions of Nick Swisher and Ryan Raburn have helped spark the offense and a steady home record of 37-19 helps Cleveland in the race.

The Indians ride an eight-game winning streak into Thursday and sit second in the American League Central, two games back of the Detroit Tigers. Following a three-game road series in Miami, Cleveland has a showdown with Detroit at home starting Monday.

Baltimore Orioles

World Series odds: +4,000 (Open), +1,400 (June 24), +1,200 (Currently)

The Orioles were the red-haired bastard child of the American League East, living in the shadow of the Yankees and Red Sox and failing to keep pace with the talented Rays and big-spending Blue Jays this offseason. Books didn’t expect much, even though the O’s made the postseason cut in 2012.

Baltimore picked up where it left off and is currently chasing Tampa Bay and Boston, sitting third in the AL East at 59-49. The Orioles, however, are stumbling following the All-Star break, going 6-6 heading into Thursday. Their odds could be in need of adjustment after an 11-0 loss to the lowly Houston Astros Wednesday.

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

NY Yankees at San Diego
The Yankees look to bounce back from last night's loss and build on their 4-0 record in Ivan Nova's last 4 interleague starts. NY is the pick (-115) according to Dunkel, which has the Yankees favored by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: NY Yankees (-115). Here are all of today's picks.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 3

Game 901-902: Atlanta at Philadelphia (4:05 p.m. EST)

Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta (Beachy) 17.334; Philadelphia (Lannan) 13.259
Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 4; 10
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 903-904: LA Dodgers at Chicago Cubs (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Capuano) 14.343; Cubs (Samardzija) 15.338
Dunkel Line: Chicago Cubs by 1; 7
Vegas Line: LA Dodgers (-120); No Run Total
Dunkel Pick: Chicago Cubs (+100); N/A

Game 905-906: Colorado at Pittsburgh (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (De La Rosa) 13.341; Pittsburgh (Liriano) 14.810
Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Pittsburgh (-185); 7
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (-185); Under

Game 907-908: Washington at Milwaukee (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Haren) 14.341; Milwaukee (Hand) 15.482
Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Washington (-130); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+110); Over

Game 909-910: St. Louis at Cincinnati (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Westbrook) 15.106; Cincinnati (Cingrani) 16.681
Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Cincinnati (-145); 8
Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (-145); Over

Game 911-912: Texas at Oakland (4:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Garza) 15.698; Oakland (Parker) 14.067
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Oakland (-130); 7
Dunkel Pick: Texas (+110); Under

Game 913-914: Seattle at Baltimore (7:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Seattle (Ramirez) 15.555; Baltimore (Feldman) 14.449
Dunkel Line: Seattle by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Baltimore (-200); 9
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (+170); Over

Game 915-916: Chicago White Sox at Detroit (7:08 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Danks) 14.855; Detroit (Scherzer) 17.557
Dunkel Line: Detroit by 2 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Detroit (-250); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-250); Under

Game 917-918: Houston at Minnesota (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Bedard) 14.987; Minnesota (Gibson) 13.800
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Minnesota (-140); 9
Dunkel Pick: Houston (+120); Over

Game 919-920: Toronto at LA Angels (9:05 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Rogers) 14.489; LA Angels (Weaver) 15.826
Dunkel Line: LA Angels by 1 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: LA Angels (-175); 8
Dunkel Pick: LA Angels (-175); Under

Game 921-922: Kansas City at NY Mets (1:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Kansas City (Chen) 15.278; NY Mets (Hefner) 16.129
Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Kansas City (-125); 8
Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (+105); Over

Game 923-924: Cleveland at Miami (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland (McAllister) 17.594; Miami (Turner) 15.893
Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 1 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: Cleveland (-130); 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-130); Under

Game 925-926: San Francisco at Tampa Bay (7:10 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Lincecum) 14.466; Tampa Bay (Price) 15.918
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-210); 7
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-210); Under

Game 927-928: Arizona at Boston (8:15 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (Corbin) 15.821; Boston (Peavy) 14.683
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Boston (-160); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Arizona (+140); Over

Game 929-930: NY Yankees at San Diego (8:40 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Nova) 16.087; San Diego (Ross) 14.612
Dunkel Line: NY Yankees by 1 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-115); 7
Dunkel Pick: NY Yankees (-115); Over
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
MLB
Short Sheet

Saturday, August 3

National League

Atlanta at Philadelphia, 4:05 ET
FOX
Beachy: Over is 13-6-1 in Braves road day games in 2013
Lannan: Phillies are 5-1 SU when Pettibone starts at home

Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs, 4:05 ET FOX
Capuano: Dodgers 9-2 last 11 times team has started a southpaw in a road day game
Samardzija: Over is 8-3 in Samardzija's 2013 home starts

Colorado at Pittsburgh, 7:05 ET
De La Rosa: Under is 5-2 last seven Rockies road games when team lost in starter's last effort
Liriano: Pirates 6-1 SU when Liriano starts at home

Washington at Milwaukee, 7:10 ET
Haren: Nationals 1-9 SU in Haren's road starts in 2013
Hand: Brewers 6-2 in second game of a home series since start of June

St. Louis at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET MLB
Westbrook: Over is 7-3 in Westbrook's 2013 starts at night
Cingrani: Reds 8-4 SU when Cingrani starts a game

American League

Texas at Oakland, 4:05 ET
FOX
Garza: Under is 9-3-2 in Rangers' road day games in 2013
Parker: Athletics 12-2 SU in last 14 home day games

Seattle at Baltimore, 7:05 ET
Ramirez: Over is 6-1-1 last eight games Mariners have faced a RHP in a road night game
Feldman: Over is 8-1 when Feldman starts in his home park in 2013

Chicago White Sox at Detroit, 7:08 ET
Danks: White Sox 6-12 SU over past three years when Danks starts a road night game
Scherzer: Tigers 18-4 SU at home since mid-June 2012 when Scherzer starts at home

Houston at Minnesota, 7:10 ET
Bedard: Astros 0-4 SU in Bedard's last four starts
Gibson: Over is 4-1 in Gibson's last four starts

Toronto at Los Angeles Angels, 9:05 ET
Rogers: Under is 11-4-1 when Rogers starts away from his home park
Weaver: Angels 22-3 SU since July 2011 when Weaver starts a home night game

Interleague

Kansas City at New York Mets, 1:10 ET

Chen: Royals 3-10 SU last 13 road starts during the day for Chen
Torres: Over is 4-1 in last five Mets home day games

Cleveland at Miami, 7:10 ET
McAllister: Indians 4-9 SU when McAllister starts a road night game
Turner: Over is 6-2-1 when Turner starts a home night game

San Francisco at Tampa Bay, 7:10 ET
Lincecum: Over is 16-5 since start of 2012 when Lincecum pitches a road night game
Price: Rays are 3-7 SU over past year when Price starts at home

Arizona at Boston, 7:10 ET MLB
Corbin: Over is 8-3 when Corbin starts a road night game
Peavy: Over is 6-0-2 in last eight Red Sox Saturday night home games

New York Yankees at San Diego Padres, 8:40 ET
Nova: Yankees 1-6 SU last seven times Nova has started a road night game
Ross: Over is 10-5-1 in second game of a Padres home series in 2013

Tokens
MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, August 3

Hot pitchers
-- Lannan is 2-1, 2.67 in his last four starts; Phils are 5-1 in his home starts.
-- Samardzija is 1-0, 2.25 in his last three starts; Cubs lost his last three home starts, outscored 24-4. Dodgers won last three Capuano starts (1-0, 2.60).
-- Liriano is 6-1, 1.89 in his last seven starts; Pirates are 6-1 in his home starts.
-- Haren is 1-1, 3.00 in last three starts; Nationals are 1-9 in his road starts.
-- Cingrani is 2-1, 2.41 in his last six starts; he is 1-0, 2.91 in four home starts.

-- BChen is 1-0, 1.50 in three starts this season.
-- Turner is 3-0, 2.48 in five home starts this season.
-- Price is 5-1, 1.68 in his last six starts; Rays are 2-5 in his home starts.
-- Corbin is 3-1, 1.26 in his last four starts; Arizona is 8-1 in his road starts.
-- Ross is 2-0, 0.64 in two starts since coming off the DL. Nova is 2-2, 2.03 in his last four starts.

-- Garza is 1-0, 2.51 in two starts for the Rangers, 6-0, 1.77 in his last seven starts overall.
-- Scherzer is 2-0, 1.29 in his last two starts; Tigers are 17-4 when he starts.
-- Weaver is 2-0, 0.42 in his last three starts; he allowed one run in his last 30.1 IP at the Big A.

Cold pitchers
-- de la Rosa is 1-1, 7.63 in his last three road starts. Beachy allowed seven runs in 3.2 IP in his first '13 start.
-- Hand is 0-2, 4.50 in his last four starts.
-- Westbrook is 0-3, 7.31 in his last three road starts.

-- Hefner is 0-2, 14.66 in his last three starts; Mets are 2-8 in his home starts.
-- McAllister is 0-3, 5.82 in his last four starts.
-- You're reading www.***************.com.
-- Lincecum is 0-2, 8.44 in two starts since his no-hitter.
-- Peavy is making Red Sox debut; he allowed eight runs in 13 IP in two starts in between coming off DL and getting traded.

-- Parker is 0-0, 4.00 in his last six starts; A's won six of his last eight starts at home.
-- Ramirez has an 8.04 RA in three starts, but is 2-0. Feldman is 2-2, 5.54 in his last four starts.
-- Gibson is 1-3, 7.24 in his last five starts. Bedard is 0-5, 5.14 in his last five.
-- Rogers is 0-2, 7.07 in his last five starts.

Starting Pitchers/First Inning
You can wager on whether teams will score in the first inning. You're reading ***************.com. Below is how often a starting pitcher has allowed 1+ runs in first inning in one of his starts........
-- Beachy 1-1; Lannan 4-11
-- Capuano 2-12; Samardzija 6-22 (1 of last 10)
-- de la Rosa 4-22 (1 of last 13); Liriano 3-15
-- Haren 4-19 (3 of last 5); Hand 3-5
-- Westbrook 5-15; Cingrani 2-12

-- Chen 1-3; Hefner 8-21
-- McAllister 5-13; Turner 1-11
-- Lincecum 9-21 (2 of last 7); Price 5-15
-- Corbin 5-21; Peavy 2-13
-- Nova 4-9; Ross 2-5

-- Garza 0-14; Parker 8-21
-- Ramirez 2-3; Feldman 5-20
-- Danks 5-13; Scherzer 4-21 (0 of last 6)
-- Bedard 10-19; Gibson 1-6
-- Rogers 3-11; Weaver 2-14 (0 of last 10)

Totals
-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Dodger games.
-- Seven of last eight Colorado games went over the total.
-- Last five Atlanta games went over the total.
-- You're reading www.***************.com
-- Six of last seven Cincinnati games stayed under the total.
-- Eight of last ten Washington road games stayed under.

-- Eight of last eleven Miami games stayed under total.
-- Under is 7-2-1 in Kansas City's last ten games.
-- Five of last seven San Francisco road games went over total; nine of last 11 Tampa Bay games stayed under.
-- Four of last five Arizona games stayed under the total.
-- Four of last five San Diego games stayed under the total.

-- Over is 4-0-1 in last five Seattle games.
-- Three of last four White Sox games went over the total.
-- Under is 3-1-1 in last five Houston games.
-- Seven of last ten Texas games stayed under total.
-- Six of last eight Toronto road games went over total.

Hot teams
-- Dodgers are 29-7 in their last 36 games; they've won 12 in row on road.
-- Braves won their last eight games, scoring 57 runs.
-- Cardinals won 13-0/13-3 last two days, after losing previous seven games.

-- Orioles won three of their last four games.
-- Indians won eight of their last nine games. Miami is 8-4 in its last 12.
-- Royals won nine of their last ten games.
-- Tampa Bay won 23 of its last 29 games, but lost last two. Giants won last three games, giving up a total of four runs.
-- Red Sox won five of their last seven games.
-- Padres won five of their last six games.

-- Detroit won ten of its last eleven games.
-- Rangers won their last five games, scoring 35 runs.
-- Angels won last two games, scoring 8-7 runs, after losing previous six.

Cold teams
-- Cubs lost five of their last six games.
-- Rockies lost five of their last seven games.
-- Pirates lost their last two games, outscored 17-2.
-- Phillies lost 11 of their last 12 games.
-- Reds lost six of their last seven games.
-- Milwaukee lost four of its last five home games. Nationals lost seven of their last ten road games.

-- Mets are 3-5 in their last eight games.
-- Diamondbacks lost four of their last six games.
-- Bronx Bombers lost 10 of their last 15 games.

-- Seattle lost six of its last seven games.
-- White Sox lost their last eight games, scoring 17 runs.
-- You're reading www.***************.com
-- Houston lost seven of its last nine games. Twins lost four of last five.
-- A's lost their last three games, scoring total of five runs.
-- Toronto lost 13 of its last 19 games.

Umpires
-- Atl-Phil-- Seven of last nine Cederstrom games went over, with underdogs winning eight of the nine games.
-- LA-Chi-- Four of last five GGibson games stayed under total.
-- Col-Pitt-- 12 of last 15 Guccione games went over the total.
-- Wsh-Mil-- Home side won 17 of last 21 Conroy games.
-- StL-Cin-- Five of six Little games went over the total.

-- KC-NY-- Favorites won seven of last nine Nelson games.
-- Cle-Mia-- 10 of last 11 Hernandez games went over the total.
-- SF-TB-- Under is 6-2-1 in last nine West games.
-- Az-Bos-- Under is 11-4-1 in last sixteen Cooper games.
-- NY-SD-- Underdogs won six of last eight Barry games.

-- Tex-A's-- Nine of last thirteen Scott games stayed under total.
-- Sea-Balt-- Last six Vanover games stayed under the total.
-- Chi-Det-- Under is 10-5 in last fifteen Baker games.
-- Hst-Min-- Favorites won five of last seven Reyburn games.
-- Tor-LA-- Underdogs won seven of last ten Carlson games.

Tokens
MLB

Saturday, August 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:10 PM
KANSAS CITY vs. NY METS
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City's last 7 games when playing NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Kansas City's last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets's last 6 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets's last 7 games when playing Kansas City

4:05 PM
ATLANTA vs. PHILADELPHIA
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games
Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
Philadelphia is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing Atlanta
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta

LA DODGERS vs. CHI CUBS
LA Dodgers are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi Cubs
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games on the road
Chi Cubs are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
Chi Cubs are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers

TEXAS vs. OAKLAND
Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas's last 7 games
Oakland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Texas
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oakland's last 9 games when playing at home against Texas

7:05 PM
SEATTLE vs. BALTIMORE
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing Baltimore
Baltimore is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
Baltimore is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing Seattle

7:05 PM
COLORADO vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Colorado's last 8 games
Colorado is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Colorado
Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games

7:08 PM
CHI WHITE SOX vs. DETROIT
Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Detroit
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Chi White Sox's last 10 games when playing Detroit
Detroit is 14-3 SU in their last 17 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
Detroit is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

7:10 PM
HOUSTON vs. MINNESOTA
Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 7 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing Houston

ARIZONA vs. BOSTON
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona's last 7 games when playing on the road against Boston
Arizona is 6-14 SU in its last 20 games on the road
Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Arizona
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston's last 9 games when playing Arizona

WASHINGTON vs. MILWAUKEE
Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 11 of Washington's last 15 games when playing on the road against Milwaukee
Milwaukee is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Washington
Milwaukee is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Washington

CLEVELAND vs. MIAMI
Cleveland is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games
Miami is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Miami is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing Cleveland

ST. LOUIS vs. CINCINNATI
The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 6 games on the road
St. Louis is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
Cincinnati is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against St. Louis

SAN FRANCISCO vs. TAMPA BAY
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
San Francisco is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
Tampa Bay is 19-5 SU in its last 24 games
Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco

8:40 PM
NY YANKEES vs. SAN DIEGO
NY Yankees are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 5 games on the road
San Diego is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games

9:05 PM
TORONTO vs. LA ANGELS
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Toronto's last 8 games on the road
Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
LA Angels are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Angels's last 5 games when playing Toronto

Tokens
MLB

Saturday, August 3

Saturday's MLB betting notes and tips

NATIONAL

Los Angeles Dodgers at Chicago Cubs (+100, OFF)

Hot pitching stat: In two of Dodgers' SP Chris Capuano's last three starts, he has not given up an earned run. The Dodgers are 3-0 in those three outings.

Hot batting stat: Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez is 8-for-15 (.533) in his career versus Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-70s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow in from center field at 10 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain in the forecast for gametime.

Key betting stat: The over is 8-2-1 in Capuano's last 11 starts as a favorite.

Atlanta Braves at Philadelphia Phillies (OFF, OFF)

Cold pitching stat: Braves starter Brandon Beachy was shelled in his last outing. He gave up seven earned runs on eight hits, including two home runs, in just 3 2/3 innings of work.

Cold batting stat: Phillies 2B Chase Utley is 2-for-11 in his career versus Beachy.

Weather: There is a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the high-70s and wind will blow out to right field at 12 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 7-3 when the wind blows out to right field at Philly's Citizens Bank Park.

Colorado Rockies at Pittsburgh Pirates (-181, 7)

Hot pitching stat: Pirates starter Francisco Liriano is 2-0 with a 0.61 ERA in his last two starts.

Hot batting stat: Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki is a lifetime .392 hitter (21 games) at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. He went 2-for-3 with a dinger in Friday's 4-2 victory.

Weather: There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the low-70s and wind will blow out to right field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The Rockies are 2-9 in SP Jorge De La Rosa's last 11 road starts versus a team with a winning record.

St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds (-146, 8)

Hot pitching stat: Cards starter Jake Westbrook tossed a complete game, five-hit shutout against the Reds in his only start against the Central Division rival this season. The Cards won the game by a score 10-0 on April 10.

Hot batting stat: Reds OF Chris Heisey is 6-for-16 (.375) and has three solo home runs in his career against Westbrook.

Weather: There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast. Temperatures will be in the high-70s and wind will blow out to center field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 7-1 in Westbrook's last eight road starts.

Washington Nationals at Milwaukee Brewers (+105, 8.5)

Hot pitching stat: Is Dan Haren turning his bleak season around? The Nats starter went seven excellent innings scattering three hits and one earned run en route to a 4-1 victory over the New York Mets in his last start.

Hot batting stat: Nats SS Ian Desmond is 3-for-3 in his career versus Brewers starter Donovan Hand.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s with partly cloudy skies. Wind will blow from left field to right field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The Nationals are 0-7 in Haren's last seven road starts.

AMERICAN

Texas Rangers at Oakland A's (-125, 7)

Hot pitching stat: Matt Garza has put together a pair of strong starts since being acquired by the Texas Rangers. The righty is 1-0 with a 1.88 ERA and 0.91 WHIP in his two starts. Texas has won both games.

Cold batting stat: A's OF Coco Crisp is 2-for-17 (.118) lifetime versus Garza.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-60s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 12 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 6-1 in A's SP Jarrod Parker's last seven Saturday starts.

Seattle Mariners at Baltimore Orioles (-185, 9)

Cold pitching stat: O's starter Scott Feldman is 2-2 with a 5.12 ERA in five starts since being acquired by Baltimore from the Chicago Cubs.

Cold batting stat: Mariners DH Kendrys Morales is 2-for-13 (.154) in his career versus Feldman.

Weather: There is a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast for gametime. Temperatures will be in the mid-80s and wind will blow from left field to right field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: The Mariners are 0-7 in the last seven meetings in Baltimore.

Chicago White Sox at Detroit Tigers (-230, 7.5)

Hot pitching stat: Detroit's Max Scherzer was dominant yet again his last time out. He held the Phillies to one hit in six innings of work en route to a 10-0 victory on July 27.

Hot batting stat: Tigers OF Austin Jackson is 12-for-29 (.414) with three homers and six RBIs in his career versus Sox starter John Danks.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s with mostly sunny skies. Wind will blow out to center field at 6 mph. There is currently a 10 percent chance of rain in the forecast.

Key betting note: The over is 9-1-3 in Danks' last 13 starts versus the American League Central.

Houston Astros at Minnesota Twins (-138, 9)

Cold pitching stat: Astros starter Erik Bedard has taken the loss in his last five starts.

Hot batting stat: Twins 1B Justin Morneau is 11-for-29 (.379) in his career versus Bedard. Morneau has belted a pair of doubles, two homers and 11 RBIs versus the lefty.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-70s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 9 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 9-1-1 in Bedard's last 11 starts overall.

Toronto Blue Jays at Los Angeles Angels (-172, 8)

Hot pitching stat: Angels starter Jered Weaver went 4-1 with a 1.32 ERA in six July starts.

Cold batting stat: Jays slugger Jose Bautista is 0-for-6 with four K's in his career against Weaver.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 6 mph.

Key betting note: The over is 5-0 in Jays SP Esmil Rogers' last five starts overall.

INTERLEAGUE

Kansas City Royals at New York Mets (+110, 8)

Cold pitching stat: Mets starter Carlos Torres was awful in his last start. The righty gave up eight earned runs on nine hits in three innings in a 14-1 loss against the Nats.

Hot batting stat: Only two Mets have faced Royals starter Bruce Chen; John Buck and Marlon Byrd. They are a combined 5-for-8 with a double and three RBIs versus the Royals lefty.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the high-70s with mostly cloudy skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 14 mph.

Key betting note: The Royals are 7-0 in Chen's last seven starts as a favorite.

Cleveland Indians at Miami Marlins (+105, 7.5)

Cold pitching stat: The Marlins are 1-4 in Jacob Turner's previous five starts.

Hot batting stat: Marlins 1B Logan Morrison went 4-for-5 with a double, triple and four RBIs in Friday's 10-0 drubbing of the Tribe.

Weather: Due to a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms in the forecast, the roof could be close at Marlins Park in Miami.

Key betting note: The Indians are 3-9 in SP Zach McAllister's last 12 road starts.

New York Yankees at San Diego Padres (-103, 7)

Hot pitching stat: Yanks starter Ivan Nova went 2-2 with a 2.03 ERA in four July starts.

Cold batting stat: The Bronx Bombers own the worst slugging percentage in the American League. Prior to Friday's game, the Yanks' slugging percentage was .368.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the mid-60s with mostly clear skies. Wind will blow from left field to right field at 5 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 4-0 in Nova's last four interleague starts.

Arizona Diamondbacks at Boston Red Sox (-150, 8.5)

Hot pitching stat: Over his last four starts, DBacks starter Patrick Corbin is 3-1 with a 1.26 ERA.

Cold batting stat: DBacks OF Jason Kubel is 1-for-8 lifetime versus Sox starter Jake Peavy.

Weather: Temperatures will be in the low-70s with sunny skies. Wind will blow out to right field at 7 mph.

Key betting note: The under is 9-1 in the Diamondbacks' last 10 interleague road games.

San Francisco Giants at Tampa Bay Rays (-205, 7)

Hot pitching stat: Rays ace David Price had a torrid July since coming off the DL. The southpaw went 5-1 with a 1.68 ERA in his six July starts.

Cold batting stat: Giants 2B Marco Scutaro is 3-for-25 (.125) lifetime versus Price.

Weather: Dome

Key betting note: The Giants are 1-8 in starter Tim Lincecum's last nine starts.

** Odds, probable starting pitchers, stats and weather forecast as of 10:38 p.m ET Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callpri
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com