Cnotes 2023 Major League Baseball Transactions, News, Notes, Picks Etc. !!

Search

Tokens
MLB DIVISION PLAYOFF BEST BETS !

10/24/2023......................2 - 0..............................100.00%.......................+ 12.45
10/23/2023......................0 - 4...............................00.00%.........................- 26.20
10/22/2023......................0 - 2...............................00.00%.........................- 11.40
10/21/2023......................1 - 1...............................50.00%.........................- 0.50
10/20/2023......................1 - 3...............................25.00%.........................- 12.45
10/19/2023......................2 - 2...............................50.00%.........................- 0.75
10/18/2023......................0 - 2...............................00.00%.........................- 11.70
10/17/2023......................2 - 0.............................100.00%.........................+ 10.00
10/16/2023......................2 - 2...............................50.00%..........................- 0.15
10/15/2023......................1 - 1..............................50.00%..........................+ 0.35

TOTALS..........................11 - 17 - 0 ......................39.28%...........................- 40.35

Tokens
Wednesday’s 6-pack:
NFL players who have scored the most points this year:
68— Jake Elliott, Phil
66— Raheem Mostert Mia/Christian McCaffrey SF
64— Harrison Butker, KC
63— Brett Maher, Rams/Ka’imi Fairbairn, Hst
60— Brandon Aubrey, Dal
59— Blake Grupe, NO

Quote of the Day
“It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard… is what makes it great.”
Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

Wednesday’s quiz
Chris Paul has been in the NBA for 18 years; where did he play his college basketball?

Tuesday’s quiz
Detroit Lions are the only NFC team that has never played in a Super Bowl.

Monday’s quiz
Hall of Famer Dick Vermeil coached the Philadelphia Eagles, the first time they played in a Super Bowl.

Wednesday’s Den: Mid-week musings…….

— Diamondbacks 4, Phillies 2
Arizona’s bullpen tossed five scoreless innings.
Corbin Carroll went 3-4 with two runs scored, two RBI.
Arizona-Texas World Series starts Friday night in Dallas.

— Texas Rangers the last six years:
2018: 67-95
2019: 78-84
2020: 22-38
2021: 60-102
2022: 68-94
2023: 90-72
Texas hired Bruce Bochy as their new manager last winter; now they’re in the World Series. Bochy has previously led the Giants and Padres to four World Series. When this season is over, they should fly him to Cooperstown and induct him into the Hall of Fame. He deserves it.
Bochy is 6-0 in winner-take-all playoff games, by the way.

— For three days in February 2021, Adolis Garcia was a free agent, could’ve been scooped up by any major league team. You’re telling me that none of these over-educated Ivy League geniuses that run major league teams knew enough to sign him up?
Go figure.

— Houston Astros the last seven years:
2017- won World Series
2018- lost ALCS
2019- lost World Series
2020- lost ALCS
2021- lost World Series
2022- won World Series
2023- lost ALCS
Pretty nice run they’re on; there are rumors that manager Dusty Baker is going to retire— he is 74 years old. If he does retire, it’ll be interesting to see who they turn to as manager— they figure to be a contender for the next few years, at least.
Astros were 40-47 at home this season, 56-30 on the road; it makes no sense.

— New Mexico State 27, Louisiana Tech 24
New Mexico State kicked 31-yard FG with 5:16 left for the win.
Aggies ran ball 40 times for 232 yards.
New Mexico State has won four games in row, for first time since 2002.

— Liberty 42, Western Kentucky 29
Flames led 14-10 at half; they’re 8-0 this season.
Liberty ran ball 54 times for 323 yards, 6.0 yards/carry.
WKU QB Reed was 30-44 passing for 365 yards, 4 TD’s.

— Word of the Day: flummoxed— utterly confused or perplexed.
Handicapping NFL games this season has me flummoxed; lot of erratic play. Can’t get a handle on things yet.

— Saturday night in Seattle, Arizona State led Washington 7-6 with about 8:30 left; ASU had the ball deep in Washington territory, 4th-and-3.
8:30 left in the game, Washington hadn’t scored a TD the whole game. If the Sun Devils kick a field goal, they’re up 10-6, and Washington has to score a TD to win, something they hadn’t done the whole game. So they kick the field goal, right? Did I mention that Washington hadn’t scored a touchdown the whole game?
No- this is 2023, and football coaches are screwing up situational football; it actually is OK to be conservative now and then, really it is. Washington goes for it on 4th-and-3, and they throw a pick-6, and Washington winds up winning, 15-7.
Oy.

— Oregon QB Bo Nix started his 54th college game last week, the most by any college QB ever, passing Colt McCoy and Kellen Moore (now the Chargers’ OC).

— USC lost 34-32 to Utah Saturday: after the game, no Trojan players were made available to the media, which is a bad look for USC. How are you preparing your players for the next level when they don’t have to answer questions after a tough loss?
Also makes you wonder how Lincoln Riley would do if he coached in the NFL; media access is a given there, and their seasons are a lot longer than college seasons.

— Morehead State guard Mark Freeman, preseason OVC Player of the Year, hurt his wrist and is likely out for the season. Freeman scored 15 ppg last year and helped Morehead upset Clemson in the first round of the NIT.

— Montana Grizzlies have a shooting guard who is in his 7th year of college basketball; the guy is married with two kids.

— Zach Collins plays for the San Antonio Spurs; in five years, he’s started 42 of the 245 games he’s played in, playing 18.9 minutes a game. Last year, he scored 11.6 ppg while starting 26 of the 63 games he played in. He is complimentary player, nothing wrong with that, but for sure, he isn’t a star.
I remember seeing him play in a high school tournament in Las Vegas when he was in 10th grade, December 2013. He played for Bishop Gorman HS in Las Vegas.
Now he is really rich, just signed a 2-year deal with the Spurs for $35M. Playing in the NBA is really profitable, when subs are banking $17.5M a year.

— Washington Commanders on 3rd down, last four games:
Week 4- 8-17 @ Philadelphia
Week 5- 6-12 vs Chicago (14-27 in consecutive games)
Week 6- 2-10 @ Atlanta
Week 7- 1-15 @ NJ Giants (3-25 in last two games. Not good)

— Rams cut their kicker Tuesday; he missed two field goals and an extra point Sunday. The new kicker is Lucas Havrisik, who was on the Browns’ practice squad- he was on the Colts’ practice squad last year, after kicking in college at Arizona.

— San Francisco Giants made a good move and hired Bob Melvin as their new manager.

Tokens
Thursday’s 6-pack:
Passing yardage leaders in college football:
2,576— Michael Penix, Wash
2,573— Jayden Daniels, LSU
2,433— Brayden Schager, Hawai’i
2,420— Shedeur Sanders, Colo
2,280— Austin Reed, Western Kentucky
2,277— Caleb Williams, USC

Quote of the Day
“It’s silly, silly meaning my genuine feeling is that we have too many smart people that have looked at this and said we should be doing it and we haven’t taken the time to actually move it forward.”
LSU football coach Brian Kelly, on why the SEC hasn’t adopted headset communication between the sidelines and the QB, which would eliminate sign stealing issues

Thursday’s quiz
Which NFL team is the only one that hasn’t covered a spread (0-5-1) so far this season?

Wednesday’s quiz
Chris Paul has been in the NBA for 18 years; he played his college basketball at Wake Forest.

Tuesday’s quiz
Detroit Lions are the only NFC team that has never played in a Super Bowl.

Two dens for Thursday: NHL trends, and a story from the past

NHL trends (thru October 25)
I’ll try to post this once a week……..

Anaheim 2-4
— lost three of last four games.
— Ducks are 1-2 at home, 1-2 on road
— under 5-1

Arizona 3-3
— 1-0 at home, 2-3 on road.
— over 3-2 on road

Boston 6-0
— won all six of their games.
— under 2-0 at home, 3-1 on road.
— allowed seven goals in six games.

Buffalo 3-4
— 2-3 at home, 1-1 on road.
— under 5-2, 4-1 at home

Calgary 2-4-1
— lost five of last six games.
— 1-1 at home, 1-5 on road.
— over 4-3
— scored four goals in last three games

Carolina 3-4
— lost last three games, outscored 16-8
— 1-0 at home, 2-4 on road.
— over 6-1

Chicago 2-5
— lost five of last six games.
— 0-2 at home, 2-3 on road.
— under 6-1
— last three games, were outscored 12-3

Colorado 6-0
— Colorado won all six of its games
— 2-0 at home, 4-0 on road.
— over 3-3
— outscored opponents 28-12

Columbus 3-2-1
— 2-3 at home, 1-0 on road.
— under 4-1 on road

Dallas 4-0-1
— won four of first five games
— only loss was in OT
— 2-0 at home, 2-1 on road.
— under 4-1
— three of five games went to OT.

Detroit 5-1-1
— won five of last six games
— 3-1 at home, 2-1 on road.
— last four games went over total.

Edmonton 1-5
— lost five of first six games.
— 0-2 at home, 1-3 on road.
— over 3-1 on road

Florida 3-3
— won three of last four games.
— 2-1 at home, 1-2 on road.
— under 2-1 at home, over 2-1 on road

Los Angeles 3-2-1
— 1-3 at home, 2-0 on road.
— over is 5-1, 4-0 at home

Minnesota 3-2-1
— 2-2 at home, 1-1 on road.
— last five games went over.
— allowed 6 goals in wins, 19 in losses.

Montreal 3-2-1
— over 3-3

Nashville 3-4
— 2-2 at home, 1-2 on road.
— under 4-1-1 last six games

New Jersey 3-2-1
— 1-3 at home, 2-0 on road.
— over is 6-0
— 4 of 6 games decided by one goal

NY Islanders 2-2-1
— lost last three games.
— 2-2 at home, 0-1 on road.
— under is 3-2
— allowed 2 goals in wins, 15 in losses

NY Rangers 4-2
— 1-1 at home, 3-1 on road.
— under 5-1, 2-0 at home

Ottawa 3-3
— 3-2 at home, 0-1 on road.
— over 6-0
— allowed 5 goals in wins, 16 in losses

Philadelphia 3-3
— 2-0 at home, 1-3 on road.
— under 3-1 in their last four games.
— allowed 3 goals in wins, 13 in losses

Pittsburgh 2-4
— lost last three games, giving up 14 goals.
— 1-2 at home, 1-2 on road.
— under 2-1 at home, 2-1 on road

St Louis 2-3
— 2-1 at home, 0-2 on road.
— under is 4-1
— scored 11 goals in five games

San Jose 0-6
— lost their first six games.
— 0-4 at home, 0-2 on road.
— under is 4-1-1
— scored eight goals in six games

Seattle 2-5
— lost five of first seven games.
— 1-2 at home, 1-3 on road.
— under is 5-2, 3-1 on road

Tampa Bay 3-4
— 3-1 at home, 0-3 on road.
— over 3-1 at home, 2-1 on road
— 0-2 in OT/SO

Toronto 4-2
— 2-1 at home, 2-1 on road.
— under 3-1 last four games
— 2-0 in OT/SO
— scored 21 goals in wins, 2 in losses

Vancouver 4-2
— 1-0 at home, 3-2 on road.
— over 4-2

Vegas 7-0
— won their first seven games.
— 4-0 at home, 3-0 on road.
— under 4-0 home, over 2-1 road

Washington 1-4
— lost four of first five games.
— 1-2 at home, 0-2 on road.
— under 4-1

Winnipeg 3-3
— over 2-1-1 home, 1-1 road
— allowed 14 goals in first four games, 4 goals in last two games.

A story from the past……..

One of my favorite movies was on today, Searching for Bobby Fischer; Joe Mantegna is a sportswriter who is surprised to find out that his 11-year old son is a chess prodigy. It is a great movie: Mantegna, Ben Kingsley, Lawrence Fishburne, William H Macy.
Anyway, when I was in 8th grade 50 years ago, chess was a big deal. Bobby Fischer was a quirky chess grandmaster who was playing Russian Boris Spassky for the world title, and it got a ton of attention— for a couple years in the early 70’s, chess was a big deal.
A friend of my parents had taught me how to play; in May of 1973, there was a tournament of all the Catholic grade schools in Albany County, probably 50 or so kids on a Saturday morning. Two kids from our school went; I had never beaten the other kid. Ever.

So our 8th grade teacher picks us up at the other kid’s house to go to the tournament, but we played a game before he got there, and I beat him.
This had never happened before.
We get to the tournament, played in a ratty old gym, and the games begin. I won my first game, but the other kid, who seriously was a much better player than me, he got beat and just like that, he was eliminated. He very rarely played sports as a kid, and the competition apparently wasn’t his thing. I sucked at sports, but enjoyed playing.

Thinking about it, it was a lot like the scenes in this movie; just a bunch of nerdy kids hunched over chess boards, studying their moves.
While my parents’ friend taught me how to play chess, I had my own ideas, which weren’t better ideas, but I was incapable of grinding out moves, playing patterns, the way great players do.

I just played fast, got my queen out as quickly as possible, tried to do damage with the queen, and it often got people off their games, because it was different.

So I win two more games, and now there are a lot fewer kids in the gym; my 4th game, the board is set up with plastic chess pieces. My opponent requests that we switch to a wooden chess set, a classic Bobby Fischer mind game move, which I had no idea of at the time.
He crushed me, not even close and my teacher took the two of us home. I was happy that at least I won a few games— had never played in a tournament before.

The phone rings in our house and it is a nun from the chess tournament; I had lost, but I wasn’t done playing yet, there were still games to be played to determine who won the championship, so my father drove me back to the gym and he had to sit there watching his nerdy kid play chess.
I won two more games, and the whole event came down to this: I was playing this girl in the last game of the tournament. If she won, she won the championship and I finished 3rd.

If I won, the jerk who beat me won the championship and I finished 2nd. (don’t ask, I can’t remember how/why they ran the tournament like this, but they did)

Seriously, I didn’t like that kid after he beat me; I went over to look at the 2nd/3rd place prizes. If the 3rd place prize was good, I was considering losing on purpose so he wouldn’t win the tournament, but the 3rd place price was cruddy, and the 2nd place prize was this small plastic scroll that at least looked like a trophy, so I tried to win.

(This is where I realize that I was an over-thinker, even at age 13)
Anyway, we sit down and play the last game; my opponent was very nervous; her hand was shaking when she moved her chess pieces. It didn’t take long to beat her, and the jerk won the championship trophy.
50 years later, the small plastic scroll is still hanging in my living room. That was a fun day.

Tokens
8m0Sy7b.png

TEXAS are 4-18 SU (-16.3 Units) vs. an NL team with a team batting average of .250 or worse in the current season.

MLB
Dunkel

Friday, October 27

XnMrNIU.png

MLB
Long Sheet

Friday, October 27

fBAfyPo.png

MLB

Friday, October 27

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona @ Texas
Arizona
Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
Texas
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 5 games when playing Arizona

Tokens
Friday’s 6-pack:
All-time leaders in rushing touchdowns:
164— Emmitt Smith
145— LaDainian Tomlinson
123— Marcus Allen
120— Adrian Peterson
110— Walter Payton
106— Jim Brown

Quote of the Day
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree, and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cab driver. Then they would really be educated.”
Al McGuire

Friday’s quiz
Where did Texas football coach Steve Sarkisian play his college football?
Hint: he was a quarterback

Thursday’s quiz
Carolina Panthers are only NFL team that hasn’t covered a spread (0-5-1) this season.

Wednesday’s quiz
Chris Paul has been in the NBA for 18 years; he played his college basketball at Wake Forest.

Friday’s Den: Random stuff with the weekend here……..

Bills 24, Buccaneers 18
Bills in first half: 33 plays, 234 yards, 17 points.
Bills in 2nd half: 35 plays, 184 yards, 7 points.
Bills allowed 10-3-20-9-18 points in wins, 22-25-29 in losses.
Allen was 31-40/324 passing, with two TD’s.
Buccaneers lost four of their last five games.
Tampa is 3-0 ATS as road dog this year (6-13-3 from 2017-22)
Tampa scored 20-27-26 points in wins, 11-6-13-18 in losses.
Bucs’ opponents’ team total: under 6-0-1
Tampa Bay threw a Hail Mary 55 yards to the end zone on the last play; had Bucs’ WR Chris Godwin looked up a little quicker, ball would’ve hit him in the hands.

— Steelers/Cardinals are only NFL teams that have been outgained in every game this season; the 4-2 Steelers have been outgained by 110 yards/game, the 1-6 Cardinals by 48.4 yards/game.

— Odd scheduling by the NFL; six teams had last week off, so only 13 games were played, while this week, all 32 teams are playing, then next week, four teams have the week off.

— Sounds like Tennessee Titans are going to start rookie QB Will Levis against Atlanta Sunday, but will also use backup Malik Willis at times. Starting QB Ryan Tannehill (ankle) like won’t play in the game, which sets Levis up to make his first NFL start.

— Minnesota Vikings have thrown 16 TD passes this season; they haven’t run for a TD yet.

— Air Force football team is 7-0 this season; they’re ranked in the top 20 in the country for the first time since 2002.

— Movie of the Day: Punchline (1988)— A medical school dropout and a housewife/mom try to make it as stand-up comedians. They become friends and help each other out at a Manhattan comedy club.
Tom Hanks, Sally Field, John Goodman; hard to go wrong with those stars.

— Tough stretch for Philadelphia sports teams; they’ve lost seven Game 7’s in a row, with 76ers losing last four Game 7’s, Flyers losing last two and now the Phillies losing Game 7 of the NLCS.

— This year’s Diamondbacks are second team ever (1987 Twins) to make it to the World Series, even though they had a negative run differential (-15) during the regular season. Twins had a minus-20 run differential in ’87.

— Only twice in MLB history has the road team won all seven games in a best-of-7 series; the 2019 Nationals won the World Series, the 2023 Rangers won the ALCS— both of them beat the Astros in those series.

— Odds to win the World Series: Rangers -170, Diamondbacks +150

— Arizona Diamondbacks made the World Series with a payroll of $116.5M, 21st in MLB.
By way of contrast, in the near future, two guys on the Milwaukee Bucks, Damian Lillard and Giannis Antetokounmpo, will be earning a total of $122.1M/year. Two guys.

— Dodgers’ 1B Freddie Freeman has missed only 11 games the last six years, while knocking in 557 runs, scoring 626 runs in 859 games. A Hall of Famer, for sure.

— Jacksonville State 41, FIU 16
Gamecocks are 7-2, in their first year of I-A football.
Jacksonville State ran ball 55 times for 265 yards.
FIU had nine penalties for 92 yards; JSU had one penalty, for 15 yards.

— Texas-El Paso 37, Sam Houston State 34

0-8 Bearkats led 27-13 with 2:00 left in third quarter.
UTEP kicked 32-yard FG with 0:03 left for the win.
Miners ran ball 40 times for 222 yards.

— Virginia Tech 38, Syracuse 10
Hokies led 30-3 at halftime.
Rushing yards: Tech 318, Syracuse 0
3rd down conversions: Tech 8-16, Syracuse 0-9

— Georgia Southern 44, Georgia State 21
Eagles threw for 334 yards (9.3 yards/attempt)
Georgia State ran ball 40 times for 290 yards.
Both teams are 6-2.

Tokens
MLB
Weather Report

Friday, October 27

hoc0aVA.png

MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, October 27

Arizona
@ Texas
Game 1
Gallen is 2-2, 5.24 in his last four starts.
Arizona is 22-17 in his starts this year.
Under is 5-1 in his last six starts.
He is 2-2, 5.24 in four career playoff starts.
He is 1-1, 3.57 in three starts vs Texas

Arizona is 9-3 in the playoffs this year.
Diamondbacks are 47-42 on road.
Under 5-2-1 last eight games
Diamondbacks are in playoffs for first time since 2017.
Lovullo’s playoff record: 10-6

Eovaldi is 4-0, 2.42 in his last four starts.
Rangers are 8-1 in his last nine starts.
Over 5-1-2 last eight starts
He is 8-3, 2.87 in 15 playoff games (10 starts(.
He is 3-0, 2.78 in five starts vs Arizona.

Rangers are 9-3 so far in the playoffs, 2-3 at home.
Texas is 51-34 at home.
Texas is in the playoffs for first time since 2016.
Bochy won three World Series when he managed the Giants.
His postseason record: 53-36

Tokens

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27​

GameTime(ET)PickUnits
ARI at TEX08:05 PMARI +137
O 8.5
+500 +500

Tokens

Completed Picks​

Past Completed Picks
DateW-L-T%UnitsRecord
10/27/20231-1-050.00%-50Detail
10/26/20230-4-00.00%-2200Detail
10/25/20231-3-025.00%-1150Detail
10/24/20233-1-075.00%+950Detail
10/21/202341-48-346.20%-5900Detail
10/20/20231-1-050.00%-50Detail
10/19/20231-3-025.00%-1150Detail
10/18/20231-3-025.00%-1150Detail
10/17/20233-3-050.00%-150Detail
10/14/202348-41-153.89%+1450Detail
10/13/20231-5-016.67%-2250Detail
10/12/20230-4-00.00%-2200Detail
10/11/20233-1-075.00%+950Detail
10/10/20233-3-050.00%-150Detail
10/07/202333-36-447.95%-3300Detail
10/06/20233-1-075.00%+950Detail
10/05/20232-2-050.00%-100Detail
10/04/20233-1-075.00%+950Detail

Tokens
MLB WORLD SERIES BEST BETS !

10/27/2023...................................1 - 1......................50.00%..............................- 0.00

Tokens
Saturday’s 6-pack:
Last six World Series champs:
2022- Astros over Phillies
2021- Braves over Astros
2020- Dodgers over Rays
2019- Nationals over Astros
2018- Red Sox over Dodgers
2017- Astros over Dodgers

Quote of the Day
“Its not up to you to take with you and possess what they gave you, its up to you to pass it on to someone else. So, that’s what I tried to do.”
Dusty Baker

Saturday’s quiz
Boston Red Sox have won four World Series since 2004, under which three managers?

Friday’s quiz
Texas football coach Steve Sarkisian played his college football at BYU.

Thursday’s quiz
Carolina Panthers are only NFL team that hasn’t covered a spread (0-5-1) this season.

Saturday’s Den: Wrapping up a fall Friday

— Rangers 6, Diamondbacks 5 (11)
Adolis Garcia hit a walk-off home run in the 11th inning.
Corey Seager tied game with a dramatic ninth inning home run.
Texas bullpen threw 6.1 scoreless innings.
Rangers lead series, 1-0.

— If the ghost runner rule in extra innings is such a great rule, why don’t they use it in the playoffs? This is the way baseball was meant to be played, no ghost runners.

— Two years ago, Rangers were 60-102, Arizona was 52-110.
Texas spent a boatload of $$$ to get better, Arizona developed lot of young players, many of whom benefited from the new rules, which help players who run fast.
Diamondbacks also ripped off Miami, acquiring P Zac Gallen for Jazz Chisholm. I’m told that pitching is an important part of baseball.

— Congrats to Dusty Baker, who retired as manager of the Astros this week. Hopefully he’ll get elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame soon, like next year.
Long time ago, when I was 15, I met Dusty Baker at Shea Stadium in New York— he signed an autograph for me and we talked for a few minutes. Good guy who has had a great career.

— Can’t process the fact that next year, Cal, Stanford and SMU are joining the ACC, seeing how the A in ACC stands for “Atlantic”……..as in Ocean.
SMU is in Dallas, in the southwest. Cal/Stanford are in California, which is close to the PACIFIC Ocean, not the ATLANTIC Ocean. Why is Stanford in same league as Boston College, Miami???

— There is a college basketball player who transferred this year, from Cal-San Diego to Vermont. This is a person who doesn’t value good weather; who would rather live in Vermont than in San Diego?

— Florida Atlantic 38, Charlotte 16
FAU threw for 218 yards (8.1 yards/attempt).
Owls are 4-4, need two more wins to be bowl eligible.
Charlotte was 4-19 on 3rd down; they had 12 penalties for 106 yards.

— In the NHL, last time the Montreal Canadiens had a 40-goal scorer was 1994, when Vincent Damphousse scored 40 goals, with 51 assists. That is the longest current drought in the NHL; team that has gone the next-longest without a 40-goal scorer is Arizona (1998).

— Word of the Day: Prodigy— a person who is gifted with exceptional qualities or abilities.

— In the NBA, LA Lakers started the season saying they wanted to put a cap on Lebron James’ minutes played. So far, in two games:
game 1- Lebron played 29:00 (+7). Lakers were minus-19 with him on bench
game 2- Lebron played 35:00 (+22). Lakers were minus-17 with him on bench
In two games, Lakers are +29 with Lebron playing, minus-36 with Lebron on bench.
So much for a minutes restriction.

— Phoenix Suns were docked a 2024 2nd-round draft pick over tampering with Drew Eubanks. NBA found that the Suns engaged in free-agency discussions involving Eubanks before the permitted date (June 30).

— ESPN replaced Jeff Van Gundy/Mark Jackson with Doc Rivers/Doris Burke as the #1 team on its NBA broadcasts. Then again, they have Stephen A Smith and Michael Wilbon on their studio shows, showing how little they care about teaching people about basketball.
Doc Rivers is good as an analyst; the addition of former Warriors GM Bob Meyers should wind up being good. They’ve been in the arena, can tell us what it is like.
Ex-players, ex-coaches, that’s what makes viewers smarter.

— Garrett Temple is in his 14th NBA season; he is playing for Toronto this year, his 12th NBA team, after playing in college at LSU. He could write a very interesting book.

— Dereck Lively scored 16 points for the Mavericks in his NBA debut; the most points he ever scored in college was 13 points, last year for Duke.

— There are 125 international players on NBA rosters this year, a new record, including 26 players from Canada, 14 from France. All in all, 41 countries are represented in the NBA.

— Thunder 108, Cavaliers 105— Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 34 points, took only two foul shots, which suggests that Cleveland didn’t guard him aggressively enough.

Tokens
MLB
Weather Report

Saturday, October 28

RhbHlEl.png

TEXAS are 8-1 Over (6.9 Units) in home games against NL West opponents in the current season.

MLB
Dunkel

Saturday, October 28

F7dvQHl.png

MLB
Long Sheet

Saturday, October 28

7wT6Ml6.png

MLB

Saturday, October 28

Trend Report

Arizona @ Texas
Arizona
Arizona is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 6 games when playing Texas
Texas
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Texas's last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas's last 6 games when playing Arizona

Tokens

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28

GameTime(ET)PickUnits
ARI at TEX08:03 PMTEX -156
O 8.5
+500 +500

Tokens
MLB WORLD SERIES BEST BETS !

10/28/2023...................................1 - 1.......................50.00%.............................- 2.80
10/27/2023...................................1 - 1......................50.00%..............................- 0.00

TOTALS...........................................2 - 2......................50.00%..............................- 2.80

Tokens
Sunday’s 6-pack:
Leading scorers in the NBA, early in the season:
41.0— Luka Doncic, Dal
39.0— Damian Lillard, Milw
35.0— Donovan Mitchell, Clev
34.0— Stephen Curry, GSt
33.0— Cam Thomas, Bklyn
32.5— Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, OKC

Quote of the Day
“It doesn’t cost a nickel to be nice.”
Sparky Anderson

Sunday’s quiz
Who is the UNLV football player who has had his number retired by the Rebels?
Hint: He is a QB who no longer plays in the NFL

Saturday’s quiz
Boston Red Sox have won four World Series since 2004, under Terry Francona, John Farrell, Alex Cora.

Friday’s quiz
Texas football coach Steve Sarkisian played his college football at BYU.

Sunday’s Den: Wrapping up a sports Saturday…….

— Diamondbacks 9, Rangers 1
Tommy Pham was 4-for-4, with two runs scored.
Merrill Kelly is first P in 4 years to pitch 7 innings in a World Series game.
Series is 1-1, resumes Monday night in Arizona.

— This year, four teams moved up in class to the Big X: BYU, Central Florida, Houston and Cincinnati— they’re not faring well. Sometimes it is better to be a big fish in a small pond, instead of a small fish in a big pond.
So far this season (not counting the BYU-Cincinnati game), those four teams are a combined 2-16 straight up, 4-14 against the spread against Big X teams.

— Kansas 38, Oklahoma 33
Jayhawks drove 80 yards, scored game-winning TD with 0:55 left.
First score of day was a pick-6 by Kansas 5:35 into game.
This is first time Kansas beat Oklahoma since 1997.

— USC 50, California 49
Cal led 28-17 at halftime.
Golden Bears scored TD with 0:58 left, went for two points but failed.
Caleb Williams was 23-40/369 passing for USC, with two TD’s.

— Georgia Tech 46, North Carolina 42
Tar Heels led 42-32 with 11:00 left in the game.
Not much defense; Tech won total yardage, 635-557.
Yellow Jackets ran ball 48 times for 348 yards (7.3 yards/carry)

— NC State 24, Clemson 17
Wolfpack scored on a pick-6 early in third quarter.
Clemson is 4-4 this year, 5-6 in last 11 games overall.
Tigers outgained State 364-202, but they were minus-2 in turnovers.

— Tulane 30, Rice 28
Since start of last season, Green Wave is 19-3 straight up; would expect to see coach Willie Fritz mentioned for job openings in bigger $$$ leagues later this year.
Rice QB JT Daniels will be an interesting player when the NFL Draft rolls around next spring; he’s had quite the journey thru college:
2018-19— USC— started in 2018
2020-21— Georgia— was mostly the backup there
2022— West Virginia— started there
2023— Rice— Owls are 4-4; their last winning season was in 2014.

— Upsets of the Week:
Northwestern (+13.5) 33, Maryland 27
Georgia Tech (+11.5) 46, North Carolina 42
Kansas (+10) 38, Oklahoma 33
Louisiana (+10) 33, South Alabama 20
UMass (+10) 21, Army 14
NC State (+10) 24, Clemson 17
Miami OH (+7) 30, Ohio U 16

West Virginia (+6.5) 41, Central Florida 28
— Word of the Day: Tragedy— an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress.
— There are seven I-A head coaches this season who have also been NFL head coaches.
— There are eight unbeaten teams left in college football.

— UCLA 28, Colorado 16
Bruins outgained Colorado, 487-242.
UCLA turned ball over four times, twice in red zone.
Bruins were 7-13 on third down, Colorado 4-15.

— Louisiana 33, South Alabama 20— South Alabama is having an odd year:
beat Oklahoma State as a 7-point underdog.
lost to Central Michigan as a 16-point favorite.
won their previous two games by a combined 110-10
lost this game, as a 10-point favorite

— Miami 29, Virginia 26 OT
Miami tied game on a 48-yard FG with 1:23 left.
Virginia outgained the Hurricanes, 377-276.
Miami wins in overtime for the second week in a row.

— Memphis 45, North Texas 42
Memphis led this game 31-10 at halftime.
Tigers drove 75 yards in 0:35, scored game-winning TD with 0:12 left.
North Texas QB Rogers was 32-49/411 passing, with five TD’s.

— James Madison 30, Old Dominion 27
Unbeaten Dukes improve to 8-0 this season.
JMU led 14-3 early on, held on at the end.
LY, when JMU got in top 25, they lost their next three games; this is an improvement.

Tokens
Monday’s 6-pack:
Interesting college football games for this week:
— TCU @ Texas Tech (-1)
— Miami (-5) @ NC State
— Oregon State (-11) @ Colorado
— UCLA @ Arizona (pick)
— Washington (-4) @ USC
— Kansas State @ Texas (-5)

Quote of the Day
“He’s a really talented guy, but this is his first year. He’s still learning everything: the game, how quick it is, where is (he at) an advantage, where is [he at] a disadvantage. I think he needs to be a little bit fatter, to be honest. But yes, he has a talent that is unique.”
Nikola Jokic, talking about Oklahoma City’s Chet Holmgren

Monday’s quiz
Where did Jared Goff play his college football?

Sunday’s quiz
Randall Cunningham is the only UNLV football player who has had his number retired by the Rebels.

Saturday’s quiz
Boston Red Sox have won four World Series since 2004, under Terry Francona, John Farrell, Alex Cora.

Monday’s Den: Wrapping up an NFL Sunday……..

Eagles 38, Commanders 31
— Washington led 17-10 at halftime.
— Eagles’ last five drives: 22 plays, 155 yards, 4 TD’s.
— Hurts was 29-38/319 passing, with four TD’s.
— Eagles won seven of first eight games (4-2-2 ATS)
— Washington lost five of last six games SU (2-3-1 ATS)
— Commanders scored 31-31 points vs Philly TY, lost both games.
— Washington kicker Slye made a 61-yard FG to end the first half.
— Commanders threw 26-yard TD pass with 1:01 left to push the spread.

Saints 38, Colts 27
— Derek Carr was 19-27/310 passing, with two TD’s.
— New Orleans averaged 11.7 yards/pass attempt.
— Saints are 17-10-2 ATS last 29 games coming off a loss.
— Saints are 3-1 scoring 20+ points, 1-3 scoring less than 20.
— New Orleans outgained the Colts, 511-371.
— Saints led 21-20 at halftime.
— Colts are 7-12 ATS in last 19 games with spread of 3 or less.
— Colts gave up 31-29-37-39-38 points in losses; 20-19-16 in wins.

Jaguars 20, Steelers 10
— Jaguars won/covered their last five games.
— Jacksonville’s first six drives: 3 field goals, 3 turnovers.
— Jaguars converted 6-13 on third down, Pittsburgh 3-12.
— Jacksonville outscored last four opponents 75-19 in first half.
— Steelers’ first four drives: 12 plays, 12 yards, four punts.
— Jaguars outgained Pittsburgh, 377-261
— Six of seven Steeler games stayed under the total.
— Steelers scored 26-23-17-24 points in wins, 7-6-10 in losses.

Panthers 15, Texans 13
— Piniero kicked a 23-yard FG at the gun for the win.
— Panthers ran ball 24 times for only 44 yards.
— You’re reading armadillosports com
— Carolina is 6-2-1 ATS in last nine games as a home underdog.
— In Young’s six starts, Carolina averaged 5+ yards/pass attempt once.
— Total yardage in game: 229-224, Houston.
— since 2016, Houston is 1-6-2 ATS as a road favorite.
— Texans scored 37-30-20 points in wins (9-20-19-13 in losses)
— Texans are 1-5 ATS in last six post-bye games.

Cowboys 43, Rams 20
— Cowboys led 33-3 with 2:00 left in first half.
— Dallas scored TD on pick-6, got a safety on a blocked punt.
— Prescott was 25-31/304 passing with four TD’s.
— Stafford hurt his right thumb, sat out most of second half.
— Five Dallas wins were by a combined score of 171-50.
— Cowboys won their three home games, 30-10/38-3/43-20.
— Dallas is 13-5 ATS in last 18 games as a home favorite.
— Cowboys are 6-2 ATS in last eight post-bye games.

Dolphins 31, Patriots 17
— Patriots lost four of their last five games.
— Patriots were outscored 82-26 in first half of those games.
— Dolphins outgained New England, 390-218.
— Since Brady left, NE is 27-31 SU in regular season, 0-1 in playoffs.
— Waddle had 121 receiving yards, Hill 112.
— Dolphins are 8-2 ATS in last ten AFC East home games.
— At home, Miami has scored 24 TD’s on 44 drives.
— Dolphins’ six wins are over teams with a combined 10-30 record

Jets 13, Giants 10 OT
— Jets kicked 35-yard FG at gun to force overtime.
— Jets won their last three games (3-0-1 ATS in last four)
— Jets’ only TD drive was one play, 50 yards.
— Jets’ opponents’ team total: under 6-1
— Giants went 3/out on 11 of their 17 drives.
— Taylor/DeVito completed 6-14 passes, for 7 yards. Seven.
— Giants were 2-19 on third down, Jets 2-15.
— Giants lost five of their last six games (2-0-1 ATS last three)

Titans 28, Falcons 23
— Rookie QB Levis was 19-29/238 with 4 TD’s, in his NFL debut.
— Tennessee led 14-3 at halftime.
— Titans won/covered three of their four home games.
— Tennessee won its last eight post-bye games (7-0-1 ATS)
— Falcons in first half: 30 plays, 90 yards, 3 points.
— Falcons in second half: 38 plays, 253 yards, 20 points.
— Backup QB Heinicke was 12-21/175 passing off the bench.
— Atlanta has been outscored 97-49 in first half of games.

Vikings 24, Packers 10
— Minnesota QB Cousins left in 4th quarter with an achilles injury.
— Vikings converted 10-18 on third down, Green Bay 5-14.
— Under is 7-1 in Minnesota games this season.
— Vikings allowed 13-13-17-10 points in wins, 27.3 ppg in losses.
— Green Bay lost last four games, scoring 20-13-17-10 points.
— Last five games, Packers were outscored 73-9 in first half.
— Vikings outgained Green Bay in this game, 346-270.
— Green Bay is 4-7 ATS in last eleven games coming off a loss.

Seahawks 24, Browns 20
— Seattle drove 52 yards, scored game-winning TD with 0:38 left.
— Seahawks’ first three drives: 20 plays, 183 yards, 17 points.
— Seahawks’ next seven drives: 30 plays, 117 yards, no points.
— Seattle won five of its last six games (4-1-1 ATS).
— Last 3 weeks, backup QB Walker was 48-97/618, with one TD, 5 INT’s
— Browns’ last three games (2-1) were decided by total of seven points.
— Last three weeks, Cleveland ran ball for 160-150-155 yards.
— Browns are 11-19-3 ATS in last 33 games with spread of 3 or less.

Broncos 24, Chiefs 9
— Denver ends a 16-game losing streak to the Chiefs.
— Denver’s TD drives were short: 39-50-10 yards.
— Broncos ran ball for 153 yards, converted 6-14 on third down.
— Broncos are 12-6-1 ATS in last 19 games as a home underdog.
— Kansas City turned ball over on three of first six drives.
— In two games vs Denver TY, Chiefs scored one TD on 20 drives.
— KC is 11-15-1 ATS in last 27 games as a road favorite (2-2 TY).
— Team total this season: under 6-2

Bengals 31, 49ers 17
— Bengals won four of their last five games (3-1-1 ATS).
— Cincy’s first two drives: 16 plays, 143 yards, 14 points.
— Only eight of Bengals’ 62 plays were on third down.
— 134 rushing yards, 7.6 yards/pass attempt are Bengal season highs.
— 49ers lost last three games, were outgained 1,186-1,000, scoring 17-17-17 points.
— SF scored 30+ points in all five of its wins.
— In this game, 49ers lost despite averaging 10.5 yards/pass attempt.
— 49ers turned ball over on three of their last four drives.

Ravens 31, Cardinals 24
— Last five games, Ravens outscored opponents 91-16 in first half.
— Ravens scored 24+ points in its wins, 19-10 in losses.
— Baltimore is 3-9 ATS in last 12 games as a road favorite (0-2 TY)
— Edwards carried ball 19 times for 80 yards, with three TD’s.
— Arizona is 0-5 SU/1-4 ATS last five games, losing by 19-14-17-10-7 points.
— Cardinals scored 17 points in last 6:32 for the backdoor cover.
— Last six games, Arizona gave up 27.7 ppg.
— Cardinals have lost 18 of last 21 games SU (8-10 ATS in last 18).

Chargers 30, Bears 13
— Chargers’ first five drives: 46 plays, 294 yards, 27 points.
— Herbert was 31-40/298 passing, with three TD’s.
— under Staley, Bolts are 8-6-1 ATS as a home favorite.
— Chargers have 7 takeaways (+4) in wins, three (minus-1) in losses.
— Bears’ first three drives: 14 plays, 67 yards, no points.
— Chicago ran ball 25 times for only 73 yards.
— Chicago is 6-13-1 ATS in last 20 games as road underdogs.
— Last 2+ years, Bears are 11-31 SU/15-25-2 ATS.

Tokens
MLB
Weather Report

Monday, October 30

6dKhoc3.png

TEXAS are 83-56 Over (21.4 Units) when the money line is -100 to -150 in the last 3 seasons.

MLB
Dunkel

Monday, October 30

yrmScdy.png

MLB
Long Sheet

Monday, October 30

zSnrujb.png

MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Monday, October 30

Texas @ Arizona

Game 3
(series is 1-1)
Scherzer is 1-2, 10.50 in his last four starts.
Rangers are 3-4 in his last seven starts.
Over 4-0 last four starts
He is 7-8, 3.86 in 24 playoff starts.
He is 9-0, 2.65 in 12 starts vs Arizona.

Rangers are 10-4 so far in the playoffs, 7-0 on road.
Texas is 48-41 on road.
Over 6-0-1 last seven games.
Texas is in the playoffs for first time since 2016.
Bochy won three World Series when he managed the Giants.
His postseason record: 54-37

Pfaadt is 1-0, 2.01 in his last five starts.
Arizona is 6-1 in his last seven starts.
Under is 5-1 in his last six starts.
He is 0-0, 2.70 in four career playoff starts.
He allowed seven runs in 4.2 IP, in his one start vs Texas

Arizona is 10-4 in the playoffs this year.
Diamondbacks are 46-39 at home.
Under 6-4-1 last eleven games
Diamondbacks are in playoffs for first time since 2017.
Lovullo’s playoff record: 11-7

Arizona is 4-2 against the Rangers this season.

MLB

Monday, October 30

Trend Report

Texas @ Arizona
Texas
Texas is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Arizona
Arizona is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Texas
Arizona is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games

Tokens

MONDAY, OCTOBER 30

GameTime(ET)PickUnits
TEX at ARI08:03 PMTEX -107
U 9.0
+500 +500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebaidoithuong20com
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com