24/7 Sports Stock Investing Website goes Public

Search

Dr. Is IN
Tokens
Sports
The Jock Exchange

Portfolio.com
By Michael Lewis

Wall Street is about to launch a new way to trade professional athletes the way you trade stocks. A piece of Tiger, anyone?

When financial historians look back and ask why it took Wall Street so long to create the first public stock market that trades in professional athletes, they will see ours as an age of creative ferment. They'll see a new, extremely well-financed company in Silicon Valley that, for the moment, sells itself as a fantasy sports site but aims to become, as its co-founder Mike Kerns puts it, “the first real stock market in athletes.” And they'll find, in the bowels of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, an application from a cryptic entity called A.S.A. Sports Exchange containing a description of a design for just such a market: The athlete would sell 20 percent of all future on-field or on-court earnings to a trust, which would, in turn, sell securities to the public. They'll also single out the birth of the first European hedge fund that runs a multimillion-dollar portfolio of professional soccer players, the value of which rises and falls with the players' performances.

“The fans have always had an emotional investment without a [legal] financial one,” says a leading sports agent, one of the principals of the A.S.A. Sports Exchange, who prefers to remain nameless. “This is taking emotion and putting it to financial use. Screw this putting 300 bucks into a pot at work. This is ‘everyone get online and open your account at Ameritrade.' The fans will be in the same position as the owners of sports teams—they'll be making money off [the players] or losing money on them. They'll just have more flexibility than the owners.”

As a number of smart people seem to have noticed at once, professional athletes have all the traits of successful publicly traded stocks, beginning with enormous speculative interest in them. Americans wager somewhere between $200 billion and $400 billion a year on sports, and between 15 million and 25 million of them play in fantasy leagues—which is to say that a shadow stock market in athletes already exists. That market may not know everything there is to know about the athletes it values, but it probably knows more than New York Stock Exchange investors know about the N.Y.S.E.'s public corporations. “People worry about lack of transparency in sports,” says the leading sports agent. “My newspaper this morning has two and a half pages of business news and 17 pages of sports. The day after the game, you know Peyton Manning's thumb is hurt. What do you know about the C.E.O. of I.B.M.?”

Professional and even pre-professional athletes have a long list of investors who might like to hedge their bets—a list topped by the athletes themselves. In general, athletes with the least-certain future will be the most likely to want to sell a piece of it to advance themselves a bit of cash, just in case. Tiger Woods is a prime candidate to launch the new market. But Tiger Woods' financial future is secure; he's the sports equivalent of a blue-chip stock. The 21-year-old who is new to the tour or the 18-year-old who is still a few years away from the tour is a different story. They need capital.

Again, the analogy with the stock market holds. The early-stage company (or young and less proven athlete) makes for a volatile asset. At 28, after seven years in the major leagues, pitcher Barry Zito has just signed a seven-year, $126 million guaranteed contract with the San Francisco Giants. The market knows with near certainty that Zito will be paid that amount over the next seven years, so all the action in Zito's stock would be bets on what he'll earn after the age of 35. Two years ago, Zito would have been a lot more interesting. An investment in the 26-year-old Zito would have come with big risks—a wager not only on his talent and health but also on the market for starting pitchers in the major leagues—but would have paid off nicely. Seven years ago, Zito would have been where the action was. A gamble then on the 21-year-old star of the minor league Sac-ramento River Cats could have made you rich.

Dr. Is IN
Tokens
Peebs I thnak you for all of your answers...AND I also want to say that after all of my negatives posts I think the only person to lose in this ordeal was ME....I still own a bunch of ASMA 1.....so I am wishing it well...just wanted to come up and post something good after all the negative posts I said about this company from about 2 years ago........GL to you Peebs I think you still are on to something....PS what happened to DEPO MED????

Tokens
joelatti<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>Can You contact me please THX

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokens
Mostly two year old information that looks to have expired last year. The new buy a piece of a professional athelete seems like a pipe dream. Pretty harmless as long as it stays in Financial Forum.

wil.

Tokens
Yep, I hope it stays here. As I have said previously, this site is a joke. I would not reccomend it to anyone. The "stocks" are illiquid and the operational side is ineffective. The customer service is among the worst I have ever seen. I put in a small amount of money about 2 years ago and have attempted a few withdrawals since then. My first withdrawal went fine, but ever since then I have had nothing but problems. My second withdrawal of around $300 took over 2 months to process. I have attempted my second withdrawal of just over $200 within the past week and they put my account on hold stating that they did not have all of my information before the "deadline." This informaiton I speak of is my Social Security number, ID #, bank account information, place of employment, etc. I don't really think anyone wants to give this information to an overseas entity. (Yeah yeah they'r going public in the US amidst all of the gambling issues....right) Sad thing is that this information was not required when I initially signed up and I never agreed to any of it. Now they are keeping my money on hold. This is one of the most unethical companies I have seen. I do hope they go public. Once they do I will make sure that their name is all over the place. As a public accountant I know that companies like this are never successful in the long term. I warn you to stay away!!

Tokens
Hi,

I wanted to ask about “AllSportsMarket.com ASMA1 Final D.R.I.P.” promotion.
The link: http://allsportsmarket.com/Forums/F...FName=Important+ASM+Announcements+(READ+ONLY)

--------------------------------
Posted: 5/20/06 1:15 pm

Effective date: Immediately
Duration: From this notice until the Virginia tender offer 24 hour notice
Offer limit: 50,000 shares (total)

Sports Derivative dividends earned from this date that are used to purchase ASMA1 and increase a trader’s net position in the common stock will be matched 1 for 1 (in ASMA1)
from the treasury. Only net increases in position upon close of the offer and reconciliation (against current position as of this notice) will be counted.

The bonus shares will be credited to a trader’s account upon the suspension of ASMA1 trading on AllSportsMarket.com and prior to exchange for common stock in the Virginia company.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket.com
May 20, 2006
1:10pm U.S. Eastern
--------------------------------

Some news?
Someone has received?
Why is not reflected in actual balance?

RX Groupie
Tokens
Peebs I thnak you for all of your answers...AND I also want to say that after all of my negatives posts I think the only person to lose in this ordeal was ME....I still own a bunch of ASMA 1.....so I am wishing it well...just wanted to come up and post something good after all the negative posts I said about this company from about 2 years ago........GL to you Peebs I think you still are on to something....PS what happened to DEPO MED????

Thanks for the kind words Joe. I know we had our spats in the past - but glad to have worked through some of the nonsense. That article you posted I did in fact read and as they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flaterry." Although they are not specifically mentioning ASM, the article does speak to whats just around the corner.

I am gonna post some more updated information for thos who want to read up on the company and where its going in the next year. As well there is still a private placement opportunity.

As for DEPOMED joe, I think its agoing to be a great summer once they reach a settlement on the infringement and get the results on GABA and make some deals for the other drugs. at $4/share its still a flipping bargain.. look at XNPT :think2:

I'll keep adding to this thread like I have been for the last 2 years as more information about ASM becomes available.

GL to all

RX Groupie
Tokens
Mostly two year old information that looks to have expired last year. The new buy a piece of a professional athelete seems like a pipe dream. Pretty harmless as long as it stays in Financial Forum.

wil.

Wilheim a year from now, don't be so shocked if there is a whole section on TheRX devoted to sports derivatives and the worlds frist regulated sports derivative exchange. This is far from a pipe dream! :suomi:

RX Groupie
Tokens
updated information

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title -->I offer the following video, CEO excerpts and press releases from this private placement company that I have been invested in for two years now.

AllSportsMarket.com is a Global Sports Financial Exchange (G.S.F.E.) continuously trading Performance Based Sports Derivatives on a global Internet browser based platform; loosely termed a Sports Stock Market. The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (H.R. 4954), signed into law on October 13, 2006, contains specific provisions for the legal operation of a Sports Derivatives exchange in the United States.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket.com
Friday October 20, 2006
1:50pm U.S. Eastern

Performance Based Sports Derivatives: A New Instrument'

This clip was produced by Dr. Alper Ozgit, Ph.D and U.C.L.A.
Instructional Media on June 28, 2006:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d7E_TH6UfI

A complete copy of the supporting text can be found here:

http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/AlperOzgit.pdf

Bernie Nicholls (Spokesman) interview from the San Jose
Sharks game on Friday March 30, 2007:

http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/Bernie_03-30-07.mp3

The story of AllSportsMarket 2003-2006:
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...02003-2006.pdf

The AllSportsMarket Business Plan (updated 9/19/2006):
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...MarketPlan.pdf

AllSportsMarket Milestones and Highlights
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...t%20Points.pdf

AllSportsMarket Revenue Streams Brief
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...%20Streams.pdf

AllSportsMarket Cash Flow Estimation (draft, prepared by A. Ozgit)
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...Estimation.pdf

Just to keep everyone informed as to the progress of the "Jock Exchange" I offer the following information as provided to clients by the CEO.

http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/...April32007.pdf

This document is being forwarded to all interested
parties.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Tuesday April 10, 2007
9:40 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

AllSportsMarket will evenly split global exchange
revenues with the Leagues governing teams and
players with Sports Derivative contracts traded
on the G.S.F.E.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Wednesday April 18, 2007
8:37 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

AllSportsMarket will list on the American Stock Exchange.

The current timeline is set for late Q4/2007 to early Q1/2008.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Monday April 30, 2007
1:13 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

Pre-IPO common stock purchases will not be
accepted after June 30, 2007.

If you are seriously interested in acquiring
shares in AllSportsMarket, Inc. (DE.), please
send a support ticket marked 'Private Placement
Purchase' in the subject. Provide as much detail
in your request as possible.

Thank you.

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Thursday May 3, 2007
1:49 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

AllSportsMarket common stock (ASMA1) will be
split 5/2 on June 1, 2007.

The resulting float will be 500,000,000 shares.

Chris P. Rabalais
Thursday May 10, 2007
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
11:53 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

We have confirmed Friday February 8, 2008
as our offer date with the American Stock
Exchange under the symbol AMEX: DEA
(Derivative Exchange AllSportsMarket).

Chris P. Rabalais
Tuesday May 15, 2007
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Tuesday May 15, 2007
10:05 A.M. U.S. E.D.T.

AllSportsMarket, Inc. common stock will be available to foreign investors on major world markets outside the United States via the American Stock Exchange.

This was received today and produced by Counsel in Washington, D.C.

Download the document here:
http://www.sportstradingsecrets.com/AllSportsMarket - Foreign Investors.pdf

Chris P. Rabalais
President/C.E.O.
AllSportsMarket, Inc.
Friday June 1, 2007
11:50 P.M. U.S. E.D.T.

I will do my best to answer any questions I can

Tokens
Unethical Practice

Peebs,

I question the validity of your so called expert video.

Firstly, Dr. Alper Ozgit graduated his Ph.D in the summer of 2006 which means he is far from an expert, I am also a student of Financial Markets and Economics and can point out many flaws in his argument.

Secondly, Alper Ozgit was the winner of the AllSportsMarket.com Fly and Qualify 2006 World Cup contest. He received this prize on October 8, 2005, which would have been before he graduated his Ph.D.

This is incredibly unethical, since the company considers a so-called expert and a contest winner to be the same person.

So either Alper Ozgit was already afiliated with the site and the contest was rigged or his positive experience with a contest winning gave him a biased view of the site. Either of these options will fully discredit his expert opinion.

This link show the contest winner.
http://www.1888pressrelease.com/press-release-o36l7q8.html

Does allsportsmarket offer any defense?

RX Groupie
Tokens
Art,

Assuming your first name is Arthur, I responded to you in kind on Facebook.

I am still very interested to hear the flaws you have found in his argument.

Look forward to your response!

Tokens
Art is dead on with this. I would advise everyone to proceed with cuation with this place. I had some money, although not a lot, and they have canceled my account and will not respond to my emails. I have also been told by others that they are being investigated by the FBI. I don't know if this is true, but it is what I have been told. Please note that the president of ASM ran a somewhat similar operation prior to ASM that went broke and left a lot of people out of their money as well. As I have stated previously, do a search for ASM and you will find that peebs is advertising. I don't know if he still gets commission, but I do know he used to get commissions from ASM for new customers.

RX Groupie
Tokens
Art is dead on with this. I would advise everyone to proceed with cuation with this place. I had some money, although not a lot, and they have canceled my account and will not respond to my emails. I have also been told by others that they are being investigated by the FBI. I don't know if this is true, but it is what I have been told. Please note that the president of ASM ran a somewhat similar operation prior to ASM that went broke and left a lot of people out of their money as well. As I have stated previously, do a search for ASM and you will find that peebs is advertising. I don't know if he still gets commission, but I do know he used to get commissions from ASM for new customers.

The affiliate program has long been discontinued. I am passing on information, that is all!

And its easy to tell one side of the story and not the other. The only reason accounts have been suspended or canceled are because clients have not provided the proper documentation to identify their accounts as they make the transition to a US based governed business. I do not know your story, so I will not speculate. Sorry you had problems!

Tokens
Peebs, I'm curious on your take of the email that was sent out today by Chris.

I fooled around on asm since before I was on this site and bought up a decent chunk of asm but without their forum it's hard to find old members to talk about this stuff with. Do you know any other forums boards etc that old members meet at?

Tokens
Art,

Assuming your first name is Arthur, I responded to you in kind on Facebook.

I am still very interested to hear the flaws you have found in his argument.

Look forward to your response!

You are correct, I just want my motives to be crystal clear. If it turns out I'm wrong about ASM, I couldn't be more pleased. I am not a user of the site nor have I thrown away money into its alledgedly illegally issued stock (sorry but I had to take the jab). My concern is about family and friends who have put their money into the site and I am concerned if they don't get out quick they'll lose it.

Bascially a quick study of how derivatives are traded in the real world will reveal that ASM calls its products derivatives but trades them like stock.
- Derivatives don't IPO, the are under written by either side, meaning users of the site should be able to buy/sell on each side of contracts (i.e. you can write/buy call option and write/buy put options)
- The market data provided is fixed, ASM's market index reflects the top stocks, meaning if any stock does poorly it will soon be replaced by a better performer. In general indexes remained constant in content and only have revisions based on the weight of the stocks involved.
- Furthermore, and examination of the market index will reveal and approximate drop in the market cap from $45M to $40M over the last 6 months roughly (www.sportsderivativestrader.com) which is a drastic drop for any market without an sign of recovery
- Also, examining the events leading to the demise of wartrade.com (another fictitious trading site run by Chris) will show that ASM is not built on a steady foundation

To summarize, I sincerely hope I am wrong about ASM and everyone involved strikes it rich. If my comments do anything, I hope it is that some people take my concerns to either a lawyer or a certified trader/broker/CFA etc..

I hate internet forum flame wars and my only goal is the truth.

- Arthur

Tokens
Wow i never thought i would find ASM in here.funny,thought i would check that thread since never paid any visit to this section.
I have been member of ASM as well as affiliate since early 2005,actually this was introduced to me by someone who was addicted to it and promoted it online and offline very heavily,anyhow to sum things up,i made a c/c deposit to that site and he manage my portfolio.i never went into the technicalities there and how liquid is the market or not..i left my initial deposit to grow there not cashing or withdrawing anything for nearly 18 months,during that time my portfolio has been appreciated in value and total return that guy has made me on screen virtually was around 500% .
Well as soon as i tried to cash out i started 7 sections of hell with this company.from sending them identity documnets and c/c scans and info for verifications,zillion times, and plenty of promises to be paid by their live chat support and each time waiting and waiting..after 3-4 months!! without any progress i decided to become more active trying to get some of my money and profit in there out,by then the value of their virtual stocks has decreased and from the 500% it turned into 350%,still guess can't complain for no effort,yet each time i am being told cheque has been sent and nothing in my mail box..after 4 months of that crap and multipe empty promises,i posted on their forums my story..in 2 seconds it was removed by one fo their moderators..and same wemt for some time..eventually after threats in legal action i was refered to the ceo Chris what ever and then it took another 2-3 months before i finally saw partial payout of my portfolio,i still have some shares in there but up to date never bothered returning into that site which turns into nightmare when asking payout.guess what the cheque was fine but today when trying to log in ,it seems my account was deleted.ah well..i will NOT recommend anyone this crap,they good sucking your money and let you think you trade..if one want to trade,go do so with forex,real stocks or betting exchanges..this is total joke..pathetic..to get less than 2k had to wait nearly 8 months! fortunately by early 2007 i was done with then even owed more,never bothered returning up to date when i saw that thread.

Over and out.

Tokens
Well i did get quick reposnse by email to my querry about failure to log in.So they ask me to resend new identity docs and c/c copies since the documents on file old and not good anymore for the US govrnment requirements of documents to be less than 6 months old.till this is done my account status remains on HOLD.once was enough so no thanks,they can keep it on hold.probably what i had left in there over a year ago worth virtually even much less now and the nightmare to get your money once was one time too much for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rozgar
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com