Women's World Cup Soccer - give the girls some love.

Search

Banned
Tokens
Well so I guess all thats left is to figure out where value lies in the Canada vs. New Zealand matchup. This, as near as I can figure, is the last game on the slate and the outcome of China Netherlands has a huge impact on Standing of these 2 teams within Group A:

az9xh.jpg

stock-footage-canada-woman-holding-canadian-flags-girl-waving-the-canadian-flag-excited-and-happy-on-pink-red.jpg
vs.
2r57tdx.jpg

How will Canada perform on the big stage with the bright lights and eyes of their nation on them after they struggled in their first game, vs. CHINA?

It took a controversial penalty, a "miracle" frankly, for Canada to beat China with a Penalty Kick goal on a penalty that should have never been called.

Unfortunately we can't take much from that game in the way of knowing what to expect from the Canadian Women in this spot because China really beat them up fouling them 15 times and New Zealand is gonna be a lot less physical a test than China was so we could see a Canada team that does not struggle as they did vs. the very physical China or we could see a Canada that is overly-cautious, afraid of making mistakes and less aggressive than they need to be or we could see a Canada MUCH more aggressive, relieved at a match that is far less physical than was the Chinese game. We just don't know because whatever talent or lack of such Canada has was obscured by them taking shots to the head and body from Girls whose names sound like the sound of a bunch of silverware hitting the floor.

We just have no way of knowing what to expect from Canada here. It'll take this game for us to know what we have, in this Canadian team.

Its why that -205 is so expensive here....terribly expensive.

We need to see what Canada has got cuz China kicking their ass kinda camoflauged what this team is....and is not.

_83468775_belanger-reu.jpg

New Zealand has have never won a game at this level. Ever. This is their fourth appearance in the World Cup and New Zealand has yet to win a match (0-9-1). That amounts to a streak of 10 matches and includes just that one draw when Coach Herdman was coaching them but he's now coaching CANADA and recently said "Very clearly, we're a better team ... And I think quality for quality, we're a better team than New Zealand" which has really pissed New Zealand off.

What do they have to be mad about though?, they haven't won a game in their last 7 and have outright lost their last 3 games in a row which when compared to Canada's 8 wins in their last 10 games suggests their former coach is just telling the truth and they need to accept that, quit being a bunch of crybabies and play better so people don't say mean things about them.

New Zealand's defeats prior to the one against the Netherlands to open this World Cup did come against top quality teams like the United States and Japan which they'll be quick to tell you through their sobs about what Coach Herdman said about them but they simply do not score goals and have historically have not scoried goals for some time now so its their own fault. They need to score Goals. Theres no negotiating on this point, this is an absolute necessity. If they want to win and get people to stop saying mean things about them they need to score Goals. This is not Calculus.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with the New Zealand Girls I know it hurts to have your feelings hurt when someone says mean things about you and if I was there I would take them all out for an Ice Cream Cone but I'd tell 'em there, in the Ice Cream Shoppe, that this is a brutal world but theres a way out of their situation and its not a complex equation they just need to start scoring goals and everything will be better.

stock-footage-beautiful-sad-woman-crying-in-the-night.jpg

While a play on Canada here might seem obvious the -205 pricetag is very very high for a team that has shown us only struggle vs. China....whether they were pushed around or not, all we've seen from them thus far is struggle. Thats all the evidence we have to work with.

Canada has to be relieved to have gotten the first game out of the way (and they probably feel less positive about Chinese People than they did going into that match), theres the "Host Argument" for backing them and certainly the fact they are facing a team that is likely to not score a Goal argues for backing them here but, again.

Its like a Brick Wall.

So what to do?

The opening games for these teams were really really tight matches both ending 1-0, NZ on the losing end of theirs of course because they do not score Goals, Canada managing their one and only goal as result of a stupid penalty, they too should have been blanked by the very physical China team so would it be reasonable to expect this CAN-NZ game to be a low or even no scoring affair? Both these teams didn't score last out save for that stupid undeserved penalty kick.

The lack of quality shown by New Zealand in the final third in their opening game has to be a concern for a betting on a 0-0 DRAW here and NZ has (of course) failed to score any Goals in their last couple of games against Canada so if Canada were to score even ONE goal a bet on DRAW would be seriously tested. Because to get a 1-1 Draw NZ would have to score a goal and that is just very very hard to imagine.

0810-oly-johnson-soccer_23349299.jpg

imgres

The Hosts will earn another three points and win this 1-0 or 2-0, New Zealand will be effectively done and require more Ice Cream and Kleenex. If you can get the bet backing them to with a clean sheet that might be the best way to get involved. Canada Women Win to Nil +225 but those who don't have access to that play, dudes without ins at thowse exotic English Books, should consider the Under 2.5 -123 but stay mindful of the fact that, again, we can't really predict what we're gonna see out of Canada here cuz China was a much more physical test than New Zealand will be so its not totally inconceivable that Canada, free of the physicality they were plagued by from China is able to run FREE and unburdened, not getting their asses kicked up and down the pitch, put up THREE on NZ.

Theres just no way for us to know if they have the talent to do that, the presence of mind to do it amidst the pressure of playing before their nation and the ability to play as a cohesive unit to put up a 3 spot.

Standard Disclaimer is that I don't know anything about Soccer, I just like to Gamble. Thoughts above are my own combined with the writeup on this match at http://www.goonersguide.com so do your own due diligence, arrive at your own plays or blindly follow if you choose but don't get mad at me if a lean I have loses. The purpose of this thread is to discuss these matchups, share opinions & knowledge to help us make the best value plays in 2015 Women's World Cup and not to create the illusion that I know what I'm talking about because I don't.

Handicapper
Tokens
One of my books has Norway at +1.75 +110 right now, my other book has Norway 1.5 +135. As a rule I always go for the bigger number. Is there a way to calculate which number is better? What is a quarter point worth in women's soccer?

Handicapper
Tokens
Ended up getting Norway +2 -125

Banned
Tokens
One of my books has Norway at +1.75 +110 right now, my other book has Norway 1.5 +135. As a rule I always go for the bigger number. Is there a way to calculate which number is better? What is a quarter point worth in women's soccer?

For one used to being able to get info to 'cap based on (nfl, nba, mlb) this shits a nightmare. At some point in the night I found out Norway's top scorer is by one source at least said to be out of this game. Other outlets reporting on the match mention nothing about this. Chick may have been out for their 1st Game as well, she may not be out at all or some degree of the latter but whatever the case is I advise scaling back our enthusiasm on Norway here.

Imagine the Golden State/Cavs series moved to an island where you'd be unable to verify in advance of betting whether Curry or LeBron were playing and you have the equivalent of this so I advise CAUTION on this and any bets made going forward. Scale Back. Until (and unless) we can somehow manage to find reliable info on matchups.

I wasn't making big plays anyways thus far but this Norway thing, I swear....its phenomenal how good an illustration this is of how totally girls are relegated to 2nd Class citizens on this planet, nothing they do is really important in the eyes of the world beyond having babies and raising them and making dinner. We're still a bunch of Stone-Aged cave Dwellers just with iPhones and a bit less Grace.

As for your ? about the 1/4 point, I can't do math to save my life and I feel like its a setup, a trick question (not from you but just in general) but it seems to me that a balls a ball. Norway cannot lose by a 1/4 ball or a half a ball separation in the score can only be by WHOLE BALLS so...I know its your thought too...I'd say theres no value at all in .25 extra of a ball and take the +135 just consider going smaller than you were gonna cuz we cannot apparently find out if this certain Norwegian Girl is playing or not today. "What a Trip" is an understatement lol.

Handicapper
Tokens
All my bets are small, so I don't sweat it. I don't even look at information like news, when I cap. I look at line movement regression, and past closing lines vs results.

Banned
Tokens
Ended up getting Norway +2 -125

Just barely missed, it would appear, on getting my post in above about the possible important injury-out for Norway before you made the play. Hopefully you didn't go too big on it but even the absence of a top scorer here, if thats even the case or not who the hell knows, hopefully it will still be OK. I'd say theres a damn good chance that extra half a ball saves you from a loss here, glad you went with the +2 rather than less. You were already approaching this with caution. Not falling prey to Greed. Very very impressive.

They may as well be playing this tourney in a Black Hole. In deep space. For all I can find out about Team Statuses (injuries) or any other relevant stuff.

Jesus I can't wait for Football to get back.

Banned
Tokens
All my bets are small, so I don't sweat it. I don't even look at information like news, when I cap. I look at line movement regression, and past closing lines vs results.

I wonder how the vastly smaller betting pool effects that.

Surely Line Movement must be more reliable because JoAnna Public is betting to an infinitely smaller degree this stuff than'd be true of NFL.

And, in fact, all whose betting this is probably 30 or so Whales abroad about 125 sharp players in UK and maybe a couple thousand Degens in UK/USA so...

I'd be fascinated to know what you're seeing re: reliability of Line Movement as a tool vs. say your success with that vs. NFL (or mlb nba whatever) also where are you able to see this Line Activity info?

Handicapper
Tokens
Ba‘al Zəvûv;11118152 said:
Just barely missed, it would appear, on getting my post in above about the possible important injury-out for Norway before you made the play. Hopefully you didn't go too big on it but even the absence of a top scorer here, if thats even the case or not who the hell knows, hopefully it will still be OK. I'd say theres a damn good chance that extra half a ball saves you from a loss here, glad you went with the +2 rather than less. You were already approaching this with caution. Not falling prey to Greed. Very very impressive.

They may as well be playing this tourney in a Black Hole. In deep space. For all I can find out about Team Statuses (injuries) or any other relevant stuff.

Jesus I can't wait for Football to get back.

Is a top scorer really worth that much? Only if she scores a goal every other game consistently.

Banned
Tokens
Is a top scorer really worth that much? Only if she scores a goal every other game consistently.

My thought as well but yes, she'd be pretty important because her presence or not effects shit all the way down. Opposing Coaches strategy in the game, what subs to make when, what to do on defense....throughout the entire match. How German Girls play, who they focus on stopping on the field...I ain't saying it'd be like Curry being out for The Cavs or Bishop sitting last night for the Bolts on scale of importance but facing a powerful German Squad especially here with their Men's Team just off a loss to USA and the German Girls maybe extra fired up to avenge that in the eyes of the world we'd want our Norwegian team to be playing this at Full Strength. Anything less would be vitally important to know. But apparently we just can't....know.

Banned
Tokens
Under 2 China/Ned
Under 2.5 Can/NZ

riding with powerz on the DRAW, China/NED
have the ML play on Norway but liking it less now cuz of the talk of Norway's best scorer being out plus I was a damn fool to take it so soon at +1100 cuz this morning it was 1246 and is likely even better now.

wtf its just tiny $$$ on this shizzat...again...just doing this to pass the time till NFL begins better.

Using, in various small parlays, Canada ML, Norway+2 and Ivory Coast/Thailand Over 3 and did use German ML in one as well cuz of rumor of Norway Injury, the German Men's team getting defeated by USA might prove to motivate this German Girl's squad and despite all prior ruminations of whether Norway can stay with them here or not they are the better team in this matchup. My hope will be though that the Norwegian Women can somehow pull this upset.

Handicapper
Tokens
Damn that didn't take long. I'm very nervous now.

Banned
Tokens
Norway Goalie might be related to Lightning's Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy the way she gave up that juicy sweet rebound opportunity.

Banned
Tokens
Announcer made a great point and a scenario to be mindful of for future: you have 2 teams playing each other that are tied atop a Group that 2 teams will advance out of and that Group is comprised of two other terrible teams (in this case Ivory Coast & Thailand), one of the two tied teams is clearly superior to the other so the inferior squad plays for the next game not caring too much about going after a W here, overexerting themselves risking injury or whatever because their focus is solely upon advancing to the next round.

Its why i made this thread, hoping to get insight like this from folks who've learned the hard way but that wouldn't be "fair" lol.

I too have to pay "tuition"...to learn stuff like this. Still just 1-0 at half though...remarkably really. Need Germany to move onto a more conservative game, chew up the clock and ride this one out so I can middle this and you can cash your +2.

Handicapper
Tokens
Boom!

Banned
Tokens
Germany using Tampa Bay Bolts game 1 strategy figurin' to sit on a one goal lead instead of keeping the heat on. Backfired on 'em like it did for Tampa. 1-1 now 15:00 reg time to go.

Handicapper
Tokens
Cash it! Hopefully you had more on Norway and still came out ahead.

Banned
Tokens
Cash it! Hopefully you had more on Norway and still came out ahead.

Only down 42 from the ML play, NOR+1.5, 2 may pay off yet for me in various 3 team parlays w/ the 2 unders (NED & Canada) but even if them don't happen I learned a lot from this game. I let the "news" of NOR inury-outs put me off taking NOR+2 straight. Foolishly. azzkick(&^Cubs Wada at home vs. Cincy and their rookie Lorenzen & Nats @ Milwaukee, Cavs 3rd Qtr. rounding out those parlays.....we'll see if I can avoid missing out on NOR+, hopefully.

Trying to be cautious her maybe being overly so.

You and powerz cashing though just as good for me as me cashing cuz I want a good productive +EV money-making thread here rather than a bad bummerass losing one.

Already I see this Women's Soccer is gonna be a nice Niche for me. The less brutal nature of the game vs. Guys who are just, to me anyways, largely unwatchable but I think I can't describe why....some thing to do with the larger size of guys, the more physical nature of their play...I don't know what but one thing I know is way too many guy's games for me go 0-0 after a 90+ minute borefest.

You could seed it just in this game, NOR-GER, there is a difference.

Lesser bet Women's Soccer = less sharp lines = +EV.

I'm Lovin' It.

Except for how Spain plays. Their game too much resembles the Men's somehow. Or at least their collapse v. Costa Rica did, it seemed.

What you think about this Canada game and where do you get your Line Move info from on these Women's games or how do you compile it?

You can't actually find $$$ figures bet on each side....can you?

Need an inside guy at Pinny, one at Heritage and another at Greek...just to start. To email me periodically the numbers lol.

Handicapper
Tokens
Ba‘al Zəvûv;11118421 said:
Only down 42 from the ML play, NOR+1.5, 2 may pay off yet for me in various 3 team parlays w/ the 2 unders (NED & Canada) but even if them don't happen I learned a lot from this game. I let the "news" of NOR inury-outs put me off taking NOR+2 straight. Foolishly. azzkick(&^Cubs Wada at home vs. Cincy and their rookie Lorenzen & Nats @ Milwaukee, Cavs 3rd Qtr. rounding out those parlays.....we'll see if I can avoid missing out on NOR+, hopefully.

Trying to be cautious her maybe being overly so.

You and powerz cashing though just as good for me as me cashing cuz I want a good productive +EV money-making thread here rather than a bad bummerass losing one.

Already I see this Women's Soccer is gonna be a nice Niche for me. The less brutal nature of the game vs. Guys who are just, to me anyways, largely unwatchable but I think I can't describe why....some thing to do with the larger size of guys, the more physical nature of their play...I don't know what but one thing I know is way too many guy's games for me go 0-0 after a 90+ minute borefest.

You could seed it just in this game, NOR-GER, there is a difference.

Lesser bet Women's Soccer = less sharp lines = +EV.

I'm Lovin' It.

Except for how Spain plays. Their game too much resembles the Men's somehow. Or at least their collapse v. Costa Rica did, it seemed.

What you think about this Canada game and where do you get your Line Move info from on these Women's games or how do you compile it?

You can't actually find $$$ figures bet on each side....can you?

Need an inside guy at Pinny, one at Heritage and another at Greek...just to start. To email me periodically the numbers lol.

I track 5 dimes line movements on just about everything they offer it's work but enjoy doing it. Don't have anything that has the money figures for the niche stuff though. I think sports options might have all that info including the money figures.

Banned
Tokens
I track 5 dimes line movements on just about everything they offer it's work but enjoy doing it. Don't have anything that has the money figures for the niche stuff though. I think sports options might have all that info including the money figures.

Roger That. I figured as much. Would be interesting to track Pinnacle and a couple of the other UK Books as well though may be not as much as I think as they may move largely in lockstep nowadays.

How great would it be to have $$$ info like we have on nfl on this stuff. I think it'd be pretty great because whatever Whales, Sharps there are playing with Women's Soccer would move the lines so much more dramatically but one would have to be so much more mindful of Pump and Dump Line manipulation type things I s'pose too.

I s'pose SportsOptions would prolly have something on this tourney, maybe DonBest too but I think those are quite expensive services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
summitfence089
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com