What is McDaniels doing?

Search

Tokens
I didn't say that Tebow was going to become a legend. I just said that people said the same thing about Bird before the draft.

Bird was the 6th pick in the draft and signed a contract at the time making him the highest paid rookie in the NBA.

It was a SHOCK that Tebow was drafted in the first round..period

Dumb comparison

Tokens
Tim Tebow, the NFL's Next Great Quarterback..

When a special player comes along that has that "It" factor that every team is looking for, he has to be recognized. When a player combines incredible physical abilities with a competitive attitude and an innate ability to lead, it can't go unnoticed.

Tim Tebow is the epitome of this type of player.

A number of negative things have been said about Tebow's abilities and why he won't be able to play at the next level.

His arm strength and accuracy have both been questioned. His ability to have a long career has been questioned because he's taken such a beating in college. Some admit that he'll have a great NFL career, just not as a quarterback. They see him as a tight end or an H-back.

Tim Tebow will be a great quarterback in the NFL. In fact, I wouldn't want to put him at any other position. With his attitude and leadership abilities, I think it would be a waste of talent to put him anywhere else on the field.

The most important thing for Tebow is that he has to be utilized the right way. I will admit that he probably won't ever break the record for touchdown passes thrown in a single season.

With an open-minded coach, however, he could become unstoppable. We got to see what the Dolphins were able to do with just a little bit of innovation.

They didn't necessarily invent the Wildcat formation, as variations of it have been run by high schools and colleges for years. But Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells were able to look at the talent level of their team and devise a scheme that would utilize their players' abilities in the best possible way.

The same thing needs to be done for Tebow. ESPN the Magazine just had a nice article about the lack of offensive innovation in the NFL today and how an offensive revolution is coming. The perfect fit for Tebow may not have even been figured out yet.

The key is that he needs to be under center, calling plays, reading defenses, and yes, throwing the ball. Trying to make Tebow a Chris Cooley-like player is an absolute waste of talent. Tebow needs the ball in his hands every single play.

He faced very similar questions as a high school prospect, and he quieted most of his doubters after an extremely successful career at Florida. He put up very impressive numbers, but more importantly he won games, including a National Championship.

There is little doubt in my mind that Tebow should be an early to mid-first round pick when he decides to enter the draft. If his coaches are willing to think outside the box and understand his strengths and utilize them correctly, he will become one of the better signal-callers in the league.

Again, this doesn’t mean he’ll put up prototypical Peyton Manning and Tom Brady-like numbers. But Tebow isn't a prototypical player either. People keep trying to compare him to Vince Young or Alex Smith, but I don't think we've ever seen a player that combines Tebow's size, speed, and throwing ability.

The team that drafts him have to look at Tebow and see a prospect who can become one of the most dangerous players in the game, who will take his team on his shoulders and win games, just as he has done his entire career at Florida.

By Tyler Conway of The Bleacher Report.com

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005
Tokens
I concur.

In fact, Mr Bowlen is the real idiot here. He had a HOF coach in Shanny and one of the leagues best offenses in Cutler, Marshall, Royal, Scheffler. They lost like 8 RB's due to iniury in 2008 and fell apart at the end of the season mainly because of their atrocious defense. All they had to do was get their RB's healthy or sign one and fix their poor defense.

Then they fire Shanny and bring in Boy Wonder (In retrospect this was a horrible decision by Bowlen b/c Denver's offense was already in place and rolling. He shouldve found a coach who used the same system and could utilize the teams skill players on offense. Instead they hire 17 year old McDaniels who feels he has a better system & that damn to hell he is gonna make it work! He implodes the offense and dumps Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler within 15 months time, and managed to make Royal a total non factor in the offense last season. He brought in a bunch of old heads to play defense, and while they played well early, they tired and struggled at the end of the season. Like I said 8months ago, I feel for you Bronco fans. Your team needed a few tweaks, but got demolished.

As for last night, I saw they traded down & I thought ok, smart.....gonna pick up a couple of extra picks...........then they draft Tebow and I was like WTF? Wow, I guessit can get worse. Im not sure who has the better QBs at this point......Denver with Orton, Quinn, & Tebow, or my hometown team with Dixon, Leftwich, & Batch....LOL!!!

I do like the WR pick though.

I still think McDaniels will be fired in 2-3 years when this disaster comes to an end.

Everyone has a right to their own opinions. I have been a Bronco fan for years and I disagree with almost everything you mentioned. Getting rid of a crybaby like Cutler was a great move as this guy will never win dip !
Since when is getting rid of spoiled brats a bad move. Marshall is a great athlete and a bigger jerk ! As a side note, Shanaham couldn't stand Marshall and it is well known that Marshall was going bye bye if Shanny was still there so We can't blame that one on McDaniels.He reminds me of TO and We all know where that is going. Shanny won 2 Super Bowls with Denver but credit most of that to John Elway who was one of the greatest ever. Once Elway retired, Shanny hasn't exactly been winning many playoff games and his Broncos faded badly in 2008 and didn't even make the playoffs as I recall. Everyone has a different opinion on Tebow but a number of experts expected him to go in the late first. round. Denver had 2 first round picks yesterday and will have 3 second round picks today so it isn't like McDaniels has been giving away a lot of picks since He arrived in Denver. I like a guy who doesn't put up with a bunch of Primadonnas. Last year's 8-8 was exactly the same record as your so called HOF coach Shanaham had so I'm not sure where your coming from on that one. As for this year's draft, I am 100 % sure of one thing..... Nobody will really know who did well until years from now as Kiper and the others are often wrong.

Tokens
Tony Dungy believes Tim Tebow will be a great NFL Quarterback.

The biggest question mark in the 2010 NFL Draft is Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who's viewed by some as a future franchise quarterback and by others as a guy who will need to move to another position if he'll ever make it as a pro.

Count Tony Dungy as emphatically believing that Tebow will be an NFL superstar.

Appearing on The Dan Patrick Show, Dungy said he believes the combination of leadership and athletic ability that Tebow has will make him an elite NFL quarterback -- and more than make up for any questions about his throwing motion.

"As a coach, I always like winners," Dungy said. "Tim Tebow doesn't have the classic throwing motion, he doesn't have the accuracy, maybe, right now that some people are looking for, but I think when he gets into a pro system that really stresses throwing the ball accurately, the big thing is he makes the people around him better. And he's won. ... I think he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Dungy said that if he were running a team with a Top 10 pick, he'd take Tebow. Patrick then asked Dungy who he'd pick for his team if he could have any of the top college quarterbacks, including Washington's Jake Locker, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Texas's Colt McCoy. Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

One of the knocks on Tebow is that during his stellar career in Florida's spread offense, he's never been asked to make the kinds of throws that quarterbacks in prototypical NFL offenses have to make. But Dungy said a good coach can take advantage of Tebow's strengths.

"Is it ever going to be Peyton Manning-ish? Maybe not," Dungy said of Tebow's throwing motion. "But I just think what you can do with him, the problems he creates for a defense, the combination of leadership and what he's shown, if I have him, defenses have to prepare for a totally different offense. ... He's going to give teams the most headaches getting ready for him."

Dungy also said he thinks the Titans are making the right move by starting Vince Young over Kerry Collins.

Tokens
Everyone has a right to their own opinions. I have been a Bronco fan for years and I disagree with almost everything you mentioned. Getting rid of a crybaby like Cutler was a great move as this guy will never win dip !
Since when is getting rid of spoiled brats a bad move. Marshall is a great athlete and a bigger jerk ! As a side note, Shanaham couldn't stand Marshall and it is well known that Marshall was going bye bye if Shanny was still there so We can't blame that one on McDaniels.He reminds me of TO and We all know where that is going. Shanny won 2 Super Bowls with Denver but credit most of that to John Elway who was one of the greatest ever. Once Elway retired, Shanny hasn't exactly been winning many playoff games and his Broncos faded badly in 2008 and didn't even make the playoffs as I recall. Everyone has a different opinion on Tebow but a number of experts expected him to go in the late first. round. Denver had 2 first round picks yesterday and will have 3 second round picks today so it isn't like McDaniels has been giving away a lot of picks since He arrived in Denver. I like a guy who doesn't put up with a bunch of Primadonnas. Last year's 8-8 was exactly the same record as your so called HOF coach Shanaham had so I'm not sure where your coming from on that one. As for this year's draft, I am 100 % sure of one thing..... Nobody will really know who did well until years from now as Kiper and the others are often wrong.

OK, then we'll know years from now and we'll see about your statement about Cutler. Cutler might very well be the best QB in the NFL in the next five years. Like you said, we'll know some years from now.

If Denver is incredibly creative, Tebow might do some neat things by runnimg some option plays, HBack, maybe return game, all that stuff, he may even throw a few TD's that way. But he is never going to amount to dip as an every down NFL QB. Never! Guaranfuckinteed! He simply can't make the throws and if he can't do it now he will never be able to learn.

HAT

Tokens
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html
A tale of six quarterbacks

The glittering genius of the Cold, Hard Football Facts is that we admire only numbers and productivity.

We put little stock in a player’s pedigree. And we put even less stock in the “pundits” and their outdated weapon of choice, the opinion, which bounces off the steely armor of our analysis so helplessly, like nothing but little pebbles of pigskin overwhelmed by our M1A1 Abrams tank of truth.

So it is today that we dive into one of the biggest stories of the 2010 NFL draft by looking at the college productivity of six legendary quarterbacks here in the modern pass-happy era.

Six Big-Name College Quarterbacks
Player Comp. Att. Pct. Yards YPA TD INT Rating*
Player A 851 1,354 62.85 11,201 8.27 90 33 100.93
Player B 825 1,232 66.96 8,772 7.12 76 37 95.60
Player C 841 1,383 60.81 10,286 7.44 84 36 93.15
Player D 493 797 61.86 6,625 8.31 52 21 99.04
Player E 564 986 57.20 7,731 7.84 51 33 85.72
Player F 661 985 67.11 9,286 9.43 88 15 120.72

The numbers aren't even close. One player dominates. One player leaps screaming off the list, like Horshack on "Welcome Back Kotter" when he knew the answer to a question: “Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!”

That dominant individual, of course, is Player F. This quarterback:
•Was the most accurate of any of these six passers.
•Dominated the average per attempt category – our favorite number – by better than 1 yard per attempt over the No. 2 player on the list.
•Boasts a passer rating so sky high it defies description, nearly 20 full points better than the No. 2 player on the list.
Elsewhere, Player F was No. 2 in total TD passes – but easily No. 1 in TD pass percentage. Player F threw a TD on 8.9 percent of his pass attempts – easily outpacing Player A, who threw a touchdown on 6.6 percent of his pass attempts.

Finally, Player F protected the ball much better than any of the other quarterbacks on this list. Player F threw an interception on just 1.52 percent of attempts – easily outpacing Player C, who threw an interception on 2.60 percent of attempts. And you know what we've always told you: quarterbacks who throw picks lose games. Quarterbacks who don't throw picks win games.

Dying to know who they are, arentcha? Well, the numbers represent the college career stats of six of the greatest quarterbacks in the modern history of the SEC. Here goes:
•Player A is Peyton Manning. He played for Tennessee in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1998 draft.
•Player B is Tim Couch. He played for Kentucky in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1999 draft.
•Player C is Eli Manning. He played for Ole Miss in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 draft.
•Player D is JaMarcus Russell. He played for LSU in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft.
•Player E is Matt Stafford. He played for Georgia in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 draft.
•And, finally, Player F is Tim Tebow. He played for Florida and the SEC and will be far from the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft.
The list tells us many things.

First, it tells us that the SEC has dominated the draft in recent years, as you probably already knew. But five guys at the most important position on the field taken No. 1 overall in a 12-year stretch is a remarkable accomplishment, even by the lofty standards of the dominant conference in college football.

Second, it tells us that NFL talent evaluators are out of their ****ing minds.

Tebow, as you know, is the biggest question mark in the 2010 draft among the pigskin punditistas. He's the highest rated passer in the history of SEC football. He was easily a better passer than Peyton Manning or Matt Stafford or Tim Couch or any of the guys whose ability to pass was never really questioned by NFL talent analysts.

And yet NFL evalautors for some reason aren't sold on Tebow. Couch and Russell are two bona fide NFL busts, even though pro football talent evaluators couldn't usher them into the league fast enough. Yet these same talent evaluators harbor grave doubts about the ability of the greatest and most efficient passer in SEC history to pass the ball at the next level.
Consider, Charley Casserly, the longtime NFL executive turned NFL Network analyst, who was on the air Thursday telling the world that Tebow will go no higher than the fourth round of the draft next month.

Other executives seem obsessed by the trivia over Tebow’s mechanics, while overlooking the rather irrefutable fact that he dominated college football like no player in memory and despite the fact that he was, by any objective measure, a much better passer than Couch, Russell, Stafford, and either of the Manning brothers.

Tebow not only passed the ball far more effectively than any of these No. 1 overall picks. It pays to remember that, in his spare time, he set the SEC career record for rushing touchdowns. Oh, and he won a Heisman Trophy and two national titles. Other than that, he didn't do much.

The anti-Tebow crowd will argue, weakly, that he was surrounded by greater talent than those other passers.

The anti-Tebow crowd, of course, has its head up its ass.

Let’s look at Peyton Manning. Last we remember, he played with not one, not two but three receivers taken in the top two rounds of the draft: Joey Kent, Marcus Nash and Peerless Price. His team was so loaded with talent that it won the national title the year after he left.

JaMarcus Russell played with arguably the most talented teams of the past decade. They won national titles in 2003 and 2007 and he watched as 34 of his LSU teammates were grabbed in the NFL draft.

Stafford? Well, Georgia is a prolific pipeline of NFL talent. Stafford was one of three starting offensive players from the 2008 Bulldogs taken in the first 50 picks of the 2009 draft (Knowshon Moreno, Mohamed Massaquoi).

Ole Miss is hardly the SEC’s best hotbed of talent. But almost the entire offensive line that protected Eli Manning was good enough to earn a shot in the NFL, including not one but two of his centers: Ben Claxton (2003 draft) and Chris Spencer (2005), one of a small handful of centers ever taken in the first round of the NFL draft.

Couch? Sure, he didn't have much around him. In fact, he's one of just three first-round draft picks to come out of Kentucky in the last 25 years. But in any case, his passing numbers pale in comparison to those produced by Tebow.

The anti-Tebow crowd could also throw out the old David Klingler argument. You know, "anybody can put up big stats in the college game."

But Tebow didn't just put up big stats ... he put up supremely efficient stats. He was more accurate, and produced more big passing plays, and was more likely to put the ball in the end zone, and more likely to keep it out of the hands of opposing defenders, than any of the recent collection of No. 1 passing phenoms to come out of the SEC.

Tebow was, by any measure, a better player, a better quarterback and, yes, a better passer than any of these No. 1 picks.

We understand that college success does not translate to NFL success. The long history of Heisman winners turned NFL busts underscores that argument.

However, in the gamble that is the NFL draft, we'll roll the dice on the proven and unmatched passing talent of Tebow rather than on the sorry track record of pro football talent evaluators.

HAT

Tokens
People are underestimating the PR aspect of this pick as well.

"Tim Tebow Broncos jersey" is the 6th most searched item on google today.

If you go strictly by the trade value chart....Denver overpaid by roughly the equivalent of a mid 5th rounder.

His value to the franchise will FAR exceed that.

And it's not like they pulled a Ditka or anything. They still have their 2nd, two 3rd's, a 5th & a 6th.

Tokens
People are underestimating the PR aspect of this pick as well.

"Tim Tebow Broncos jersey" is the 6th most searched item on google today.

If you go strictly by the trade value chart....Denver overpaid by roughly the equivalent of a mid 5th rounder.

His value to the franchise will FAR exceed that.

And it's not like they pulled a Ditka or anything. They still have their 2nd, two 3rd's, a 5th & a 6th.

Now that's a good point. If the ultimate goal is just to sell tickets and get PR, then it was a brilliant move.

Tokens
Tim Tebow's 51 TDs at Florida..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsditoWmwNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsditoWmwNM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
Tokens
mcdaniel knows how to develop qbs

a bigger joke is claussen IMO, watching kiper talk him up was some of the funniest shit ever

Tokens
love that Tony Dungy article, I think I'll side with his opinion over all the so called talent experts that post on this board saying he'll never make it.

Tokens
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html
A tale of six quarterbacks

The glittering genius of the Cold, Hard Football Facts is that we admire only numbers and productivity.

We put little stock in a player’s pedigree. And we put even less stock in the “pundits” and their outdated weapon of choice, the opinion, which bounces off the steely armor of our analysis so helplessly, like nothing but little pebbles of pigskin overwhelmed by our M1A1 Abrams tank of truth.

So it is today that we dive into one of the biggest stories of the 2010 NFL draft by looking at the college productivity of six legendary quarterbacks here in the modern pass-happy era.

Six Big-Name College Quarterbacks
Player Comp. Att. Pct. Yards YPA TD INT Rating*
Player A 851 1,354 62.85 11,201 8.27 90 33 100.93
Player B 825 1,232 66.96 8,772 7.12 76 37 95.60
Player C 841 1,383 60.81 10,286 7.44 84 36 93.15
Player D 493 797 61.86 6,625 8.31 52 21 99.04
Player E 564 986 57.20 7,731 7.84 51 33 85.72
Player F 661 985 67.11 9,286 9.43 88 15 120.72

The numbers aren't even close. One player dominates. One player leaps screaming off the list, like Horshack on "Welcome Back Kotter" when he knew the answer to a question: “Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!”

That dominant individual, of course, is Player F. This quarterback:
•Was the most accurate of any of these six passers.
•Dominated the average per attempt category – our favorite number – by better than 1 yard per attempt over the No. 2 player on the list.
•Boasts a passer rating so sky high it defies description, nearly 20 full points better than the No. 2 player on the list.
Elsewhere, Player F was No. 2 in total TD passes – but easily No. 1 in TD pass percentage. Player F threw a TD on 8.9 percent of his pass attempts – easily outpacing Player A, who threw a touchdown on 6.6 percent of his pass attempts.

Finally, Player F protected the ball much better than any of the other quarterbacks on this list. Player F threw an interception on just 1.52 percent of attempts – easily outpacing Player C, who threw an interception on 2.60 percent of attempts. And you know what we've always told you: quarterbacks who throw picks lose games. Quarterbacks who don't throw picks win games.

Dying to know who they are, arentcha? Well, the numbers represent the college career stats of six of the greatest quarterbacks in the modern history of the SEC. Here goes:
•Player A is Peyton Manning. He played for Tennessee in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1998 draft.
•Player B is Tim Couch. He played for Kentucky in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1999 draft.
•Player C is Eli Manning. He played for Ole Miss in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2004 draft.
•Player D is JaMarcus Russell. He played for LSU in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft.
•Player E is Matt Stafford. He played for Georgia in the SEC and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 draft.
•And, finally, Player F is Tim Tebow. He played for Florida and the SEC and will be far from the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 draft.
The list tells us many things.

First, it tells us that the SEC has dominated the draft in recent years, as you probably already knew. But five guys at the most important position on the field taken No. 1 overall in a 12-year stretch is a remarkable accomplishment, even by the lofty standards of the dominant conference in college football.

Second, it tells us that NFL talent evaluators are out of their ****ing minds.

Tebow, as you know, is the biggest question mark in the 2010 draft among the pigskin punditistas. He's the highest rated passer in the history of SEC football. He was easily a better passer than Peyton Manning or Matt Stafford or Tim Couch or any of the guys whose ability to pass was never really questioned by NFL talent analysts.

And yet NFL evalautors for some reason aren't sold on Tebow. Couch and Russell are two bona fide NFL busts, even though pro football talent evaluators couldn't usher them into the league fast enough. Yet these same talent evaluators harbor grave doubts about the ability of the greatest and most efficient passer in SEC history to pass the ball at the next level.
Consider, Charley Casserly, the longtime NFL executive turned NFL Network analyst, who was on the air Thursday telling the world that Tebow will go no higher than the fourth round of the draft next month.

Other executives seem obsessed by the trivia over Tebow’s mechanics, while overlooking the rather irrefutable fact that he dominated college football like no player in memory and despite the fact that he was, by any objective measure, a much better passer than Couch, Russell, Stafford, and either of the Manning brothers.

Tebow not only passed the ball far more effectively than any of these No. 1 overall picks. It pays to remember that, in his spare time, he set the SEC career record for rushing touchdowns. Oh, and he won a Heisman Trophy and two national titles. Other than that, he didn't do much.

The anti-Tebow crowd will argue, weakly, that he was surrounded by greater talent than those other passers.

The anti-Tebow crowd, of course, has its head up its ass.

Let’s look at Peyton Manning. Last we remember, he played with not one, not two but three receivers taken in the top two rounds of the draft: Joey Kent, Marcus Nash and Peerless Price. His team was so loaded with talent that it won the national title the year after he left.

JaMarcus Russell played with arguably the most talented teams of the past decade. They won national titles in 2003 and 2007 and he watched as 34 of his LSU teammates were grabbed in the NFL draft.

Stafford? Well, Georgia is a prolific pipeline of NFL talent. Stafford was one of three starting offensive players from the 2008 Bulldogs taken in the first 50 picks of the 2009 draft (Knowshon Moreno, Mohamed Massaquoi).

Ole Miss is hardly the SEC’s best hotbed of talent. But almost the entire offensive line that protected Eli Manning was good enough to earn a shot in the NFL, including not one but two of his centers: Ben Claxton (2003 draft) and Chris Spencer (2005), one of a small handful of centers ever taken in the first round of the NFL draft.

Couch? Sure, he didn't have much around him. In fact, he's one of just three first-round draft picks to come out of Kentucky in the last 25 years. But in any case, his passing numbers pale in comparison to those produced by Tebow.

The anti-Tebow crowd could also throw out the old David Klingler argument. You know, "anybody can put up big stats in the college game."

But Tebow didn't just put up big stats ... he put up supremely efficient stats. He was more accurate, and produced more big passing plays, and was more likely to put the ball in the end zone, and more likely to keep it out of the hands of opposing defenders, than any of the recent collection of No. 1 passing phenoms to come out of the SEC.

Tebow was, by any measure, a better player, a better quarterback and, yes, a better passer than any of these No. 1 picks.

We understand that college success does not translate to NFL success. The long history of Heisman winners turned NFL busts underscores that argument.

However, in the gamble that is the NFL draft, we'll roll the dice on the proven and unmatched passing talent of Tebow rather than on the sorry track record of pro football talent evaluators.

Those are some SLECTIVE cold hard facts. Very clever. And what it tells me again that cfb stats don't translate and mean nothing on paper. By this measure, he's gonna be better than Manning. Why didn't you include Danny Wuerffel as Player G? I think he's got the best ratings of all time. Timmy Chang was off the charts too. Kellen Moore of Boise had almost the same rating as Tebow last year. Doesn't mean jack.

Granted, pro football evaluators screw up a whole lot, but blindly looking at stats and taking the guy with the best stats will result in even much worse success. A lot of the great NFL QB's did not have the best college numbers and did not play for championship teams. Heck, I can't think of the last great NFL QB who won college titles. I'm sure there is, but is doesn't come to mind. I guess VY at Texas. Jury still out there.

Underground
Tokens
Brady Quinn 95 TD passes at Note Dame

Quinn throughout those four years, including the record for career pass attempts with 1,602, completions with 929, yards-per-game with 239.6, touchdown passes with 95.

Quinn will be the starter with Tebow as the HB option.

Tokens
Orton and Quinn in a 2-QB set with Tebow at HB.

Tokens
Just because I want to see it once in my life...

HAT

Tokens
What are you basing this on? One OK season by Matt Cassell?

Or maybe this?

In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. McDaniels was with the New England Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships, Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.<sup id="cite_ref-NYT_1-2" class="reference">[2]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup> After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

Tokens
Or maybe this?

In 2004, he became the team's quarterbacks coach. McDaniels was with the New England Patriots for all three of their Super Bowl championships, Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. After offensive coordinator Charlie Weis left the team following the 2004 season, the Patriots did not name an offensive coordinator for the 2005 season. According to The New York Times, in 2008, it was McDaniels who called the offensive plays for the 2005 season, although suggestions to that effect were made in 2005.<sup id="cite_ref-NYT_1-2" class="reference">[2]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup> After the season, McDaniels was officially promoted to offensive coordinator, while retaining his responsibilities coaching the team's quarterbacks.

So you're giving McDaniels credit for Tom Brady?

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
Tokens
What are you basing this on? One OK season by Matt Cassell?

much more than an ok job if you consider the circumstances

but yeah I guess its not fair to call him great yet at developing the QB, not certainly not a bad start

and some credit has to be given for Bradys success, were the Pats the same on offense since he left?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vuim2319
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com