Saturday Night Making America Funny Again

Search
Tokens
For the purposes of getting to the point of the discussion let's say that both parties are equally responsible for not balancing the budget.

Seems to me that only one party has significant factions that call for this on a regular basis. Maybe you should direct your thesis at the other party.

Many of us will agree with your lofty idea of balancing the budget. Don't trivialize it by including Donald Trump's pathway to wealth and his tax trail in the same discussion.

Tokens
Totally agree both parties are responsible. I dont see a clear solution to the problem. I dont think either major parties will ever address the issue. I would strongly support either party that addressed the issue. I just dont see it ever happening. At some point in time there is going to have to be a come to Jesus meeting....the question is will it be too late.

Tokens
If Obama could never produce a Birth Cert does trump have to show returns?

The several he produced wasn't enough for ya? How about birth announcements in two newspapers? We have more info on obama birth than anyone. Still waiting on Trumps and sheriff joe bombshell evidence.

Tokens
A better analogy is it doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand this.....oh and by the way I am actually a rocket scientist. So if you agree with my statement why would you call it the funniest thing you have read in awhile? I think it is a fairly accurate portrayal of one of our biggest problems and name the last US president that addressed the issue? It had to be before my time.

Brain surgeon v. rocket scientist...interesting.

I just thought it was funny you basically stating you're more qualified to be POTUS than anyone over the last 40 years.

Tokens
speaking of the national debt, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens to it during Mr Trump's presidency. Not a lot chat about it anymore, :).....

Yellen, who happens to look SPECTACULAR in red ,has concerns....

Nov 2016

President-elect Donald Trump has pledged a $1 trillion infrastructure spending program :)to help jump-start an economy that he said during the campaign was in terrible shape.
Speaking on Capitol Hill Thursday, Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen warned lawmakers that as they consider such spending, they should keep an eye on the national debt. Yellen also said that while the economy needed a big boost with fiscal stimulus after the financial crisis, that's not the case now.
"The economy is operating relatively close to full employment at this point," she said, "so in contrast to where the economy was after the financial crisis when a large demand boost was needed to lower unemployment, we're no longer in that state."

Yellen cautioned lawmakers that if they spend a lot on infrastructure and run up the debt, and then down the road the economy gets into trouble, "there is not a lot of fiscal space should a shock to the economy occur, an adverse shock, that should require fiscal stimulus."
In other words, lawmakers should consider keeping their powder dry so they have more options whenever the next economic downturn comes along.
Trump was harshly critical of Yellen during his campaign. But testifying before the Joint Economic Committee, Yellen said she is not going to quit just because Trump won the election. Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., asked Yellen, "Can you envision any circumstances where you would not serve out your term as chair of the Federal Reserve?" "No, I cannot," answered Yellen, "It is fully my intention to serve out that term." Yellen's appointment goes through January 2018.

Another target of Trump's during the campaign came up at the hearing: the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Rep. Pat Tiberi, R-Ohio, cited Trump's criticism that the Dodd-Frank banking rules were stifling lending and stunting the economy. But Yellen gave her support to Dodd-Frank, saying:
"We lived through a devastating financial crisis, and a high priority for all Americans should be that we want to see put in place safeguards through supervision and regulation that result in a safer and sounder financial system, and I think we have been doing that and our financial system as a consequence is safer and sounder and many of the appropriate reforms are embodied in Dodd-Frank."

Yellen added, "We wouldn't want to go back to the mortgage lending standards that led to the financial crisis."
She also said she thought banks were actually willing to lend to small businesses, but that sales haven't been growing sufficiently fast to justify borrowing, suggesting the demand for loans was the real problem.
As far as the ever-present question about when the Fed will raise interest rates, Yellen signaled that she didn't see any reason to alter the Fed's prior guidance now that Trump has been elected as the next president.

Tokens
Brain surgeon v. rocket scientist...interesting.

I just thought it was funny you basically stating you're more qualified to be POTUS than anyone over the last 40 years.

Lets face it.....you only have to be smarter than the average voter...which isn't a high bar. I mean, W was not smart at all and Trump is not very bright either.

Tokens
i laughed at that press conference skit. shows how useless the press has become.

i also laughed when I read about the ICE raids, 150 out of 160 rounded up were felons WOW . you know that ICE knew about these guys for a long time... the headline should have been, "why did ICE wait so long to round these guys up?" instead the headline is "Families live in fear"

Tokens
Lets face it.....you only have to be smarter than the average voter...which isn't a high bar. I mean, W was not smart at all and Trump is not very bright either.

Most Americans can't get into Yale let alone graduate from Yale.

Handicapper
Tokens
Kellyanne Conway (Kate McKinnon) tries to win back Jake Tapper's (Beck Bennett) trust.

Handicapper
Tokens
It's President Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) versus the Ninth Circuit Court judges.

Handicapper
Tokens
[h=1]Sean Spicer Press Conference Cold Open.[/h]

Tokens
Being president is harder than Donald Trump thought, according to aides and allies who say that he’s growing increasingly frustrated with the challenges of running the massive federal bureaucracy.

In interviews, nearly two dozen people who’ve spent time with Trump in the three weeks since his inauguration said that his mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing, from congressional delays over his cabinet nominations and legal fights holding up his aggressive initiatives to staff in-fighting and leaks.

The administration’s rocky opening days have been a setback for a president who, as a billionaire businessman, sold himself to voters as being uniquely qualified to fix what ailed the nation. Yet it has become apparent, say those close to the president, most of whom requested anonymity to describe the inner workings of the White House, that the transition from overseeing a family business to running the country has been tough on him.

Trump often asks simple questions about policies, proposals and personnel. And, when discussions get bogged down in details, the president has been known to quickly change the subject — to "seem in control at all times," one senior government official said — or direct questions about details to his chief strategist Steve Bannon, his son-in-law Jared Kushner or House Speaker Paul Ryan. Trump has privately expressed disbelief over the ability of judges, bureaucrats or lawmakers to delay — or even stop — him from filling positions and implementing policies.

After Trump grew infuriated by disclosures of his confrontational phone calls with foreign leaders, an investigation was launched into the source of the leaks, according to one White House aide. National Security Council staffers have been instructed to cooperate with inquiries, including requests to inspect their electronic communications, said two sources familiar with the situation. It’s not clear whether the investigation is a formal proceeding, how far along it is or who is conducting it.

The administration is considering limiting the universe of aides with access to the calls or their transcripts, said one administration official, adding that the leaks — and Trump’s anger over them — had created a climate where people are “very careful who they talk to.”

The president and his allies believe career NSC staff assigned from other agencies are out to get them. In turn, some NSC staff believe Trump does not possess the capacity for detail and nuance required to handle the sensitive issues discussed on the calls, and that he has politicized their agency by appointing chief strategist Bannon to the council.

Last week, Trump told an associate he had become weary of in-fighting among — and leaks from — his White House staff “because it reflects on me,” and that he intended to sit down staffers to tell them “to cut this shit out.”

He also became aggravated after learning about complications surrounding his appointment of one of his top fundraisers, Anthony Scaramucci, to a plum White House job, which Trump blamed on internal jockeying between aides, according to one person with knowledge of the situation.

Trump “was furious,” this person said. “He doesn’t like this shit.”

The White House press office did not respond to a series of detailed questions about the way the president has coped with leaks, in-fighting and setbacks.

Christopher Ruddy, a Trump friend and the chief executive of the conservative Newsmax Media, said “Running the federal government is something new for him, for sure.” But, Ruddy added, “I think if he's demonstrated anything in his life, he is a very fast learner and adapts very quickly. The man is not to be underestimated.”

For all his frustrations, Trump has reveled in the trappings of the presidency. He has taken a liking to the Oval Office, where he spends much of his time working. Following a recent gathering of business leaders, he brought the group into the storied room and showed them around.

But he has also sought refuge from the pressures of the presidency, frequently calling up old friends and sounding them out about golf.

Trump aides joke that they wish their boss would spend more time at his Mar-A-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., where they say the president appears more relaxed and at ease. He dispensed hugs and kisses to female guests attending a Red Cross ball at the estate last week, and is scheduled to return this weekend for a round of golf with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Most of those interviewed for this story requested anonymity to describe the inner workings of a White House where they say the tension has been intensified by the president’s propensity for knee-jerk micromanaging when faced with disappointment, and jockeying among aides to avoid blame or claim credit when possible.

The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high. Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks.

In Washington circles, talk has turned to whether a staff shake-up is in the works.

One person close to Trump said: "I think he'd like to do it now, but he knows it's too soon."

Those closest to the president are unnerved by that prospect, which they say would be a tacit acknowledgment that their team is struggling.

Kushner, who is among Trump’s most trusted advisers, has been incensed by reports that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has ripped the White House over its implementation of Trump’s executive order restricting travel from seven predominantly Muslim countries, could want a job in the White House as part of a "second wave" of staffers that will replace initial hires. While Christie hasn't said he wants a job, the rumor has been fanned by his allies. Kushner has long had tensions with Christie and played a key role in blocking him from getting a senior job in the administration.

Some staffers worry about running afoul of Kushner, and say they’re unclear about his role, describing his portfolio as amorphous. “No one quite knows what it is,” said one. “It’s confusing.”

Perhaps the job Trump has micromanaged the most is that of press secretary Sean Spicer, whose performance as the public face of the White House hasn’t always pleased the image-conscious president.

Trump, a voracious consumer of cable news, has been known to critique aides and surrogates for their appearances. After Spicer’s press briefings, the president has told his spokesman that he’s unhappy about specific answers or his demeanor.

The president, who is obsessive about looks and appearance, even was unhappy with a Saturday Night Live parody of a Spicer briefing, partly because the combative press secretary was depicted by a female comedian, Melissa McCarthy. After it aired, Spicer had proposed cracking a joke about the send-up during his next briefing, or even firing a squirt gun, as McCarthy had done in the sketch. Trump vetoed the idea, according to one person briefed on the matter.

Spicer, a 45-year-old party operative who rose through the ranks of the Republican National Committee, has told several people that he finds the non-stop demands of the position difficult.

For now, the president is standing by his press secretary. After CNN reportedTuesday that Trump regretted hiring Spicer and was disappointed in him, the president spoke with his press secretary and told him that he was in fine shape. Trump, who has been reluctant to admit any missteps, also has acknowledged to Spicer that it was a mistake to send him to the White House briefing room on the administration’s first full day to berate reporters for coverage of his inauguration crowd size.

For all of Trump’s frustrations about staff drama however, it isn’t clear they’re going away any time soon. Tensions remain between the staffs of chief of staff Reince Priebus and Bannon. Priebus’s advisers blamed Bannon’s team for the botched rollout of the travel ban executive order, saying that they hadn’t done the needed legwork ahead of time.

And some were surprised that first lady Melania Trump decided to hire Lindsey Reynolds as her chief of staff along with Stephanie Winston Wolkoff as her senior adviser. Reynolds and Wolkoff worked on the inauguration planning team, and Reynolds, a Republican fundraiser and event planner, abruptly quit before Inauguration Day. At the time, several people attributed her departure to “personality conflicts” with Wolkoff, a Trump family friend who has overseen the Met Gala.

There are indications, however, that the new White House team is moving forward – and looking for reinforcements, among other ways to calm the waters.

Trump's top aides and allies are frantically searching for help for Spicer in the form of a communications director, a demanding role Spicer has been juggling along with his press secretary duties.

On Wednesday, some of Trump’s top advisers met with James Baker, a Republican Party statesman who was chief of staff in the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, and talked things over.

If the opening days of Trump’s presidency have been rocky and unconventional, many of his admirers aren’t bothered by it.

“I'm not disappointed in the President's work so far - he operates like many great CEO's I know - and I hope he continues to manage the country in a manner worlds apart from the way we've seen in the past,” said Michael Caputo, who was a Trump campaign aide. “It's about time.”

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
A better analogy is it doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand this.....oh and by the way I am actually a rocket scientist. So if you agree with my statement why would you call it the funniest thing you have read in awhile? I think it is a fairly accurate portrayal of one of our biggest problems and name the last US president that addressed the issue? It had to be before my time.

did you know?

the Constitution says you have to be an American citizen to be POTUS

and, the Constitution makes no reference to releasing tax returns

so while I'm not trying to make a case for or against what either gentlemen did, I will say the Constitution and the law mean something in this discussion

Handicapper
Tokens
[h=1]Weekend Update: Senator Elizabeth Warren - SNL [/h]

Tokens
He just needs to slow down. Most people wont care if it takes 1 year to erase the shit stained Obama legacy instead of 30 days.

Tokens
Most Americans can't get into Yale let alone graduate from Yale.

Neither could GWB except he was admitted under an Affirmative Action called the Legacy System which gives special preferences to children of Alumnis (his father and grandfather both attended Yale). GWB won't release his HS grades but they got a hold of his SAT score and it was nearly 200 points less than the median of his Yale classmates. I guess that would explain his C avg at Yale.

Self appointed RX World Champion Handicapper
Tokens
i actually found most of SNL last night to be pretty funny. Weekend update had several good jokes,

Tokens
did you know?

the Constitution says you have to be an American citizen to be POTUS

and, the Constitution makes no reference to releasing tax returns

so while I'm not trying to make a case for or against what either gentlemen did, I will say the Constitution and the law mean something in this discussion

I am aware of the fact that you need to be "a natural born citizen" to be POTUS. So would Cruz have been eligible since he was born in Canada? I dont think it has been challenged to date and many candidates in the past have not been "born" in the United States but their mothers were citizens at birth. A couple of examples in history that ran for president but were not "born" physically in the USA. McCain born in Panama Canal Zone or Barry Goldwater born in Arizona before it was a state. In the case of McCain ... Obama and Hillary they cosponsored a bill in the senate that passed without any opposition that McCain was a "natural born citizen" and could be POTUS. Did you know those examples?

I guess I am a little old fashion and think a person's word is their honor. If you tell me you are going to release your taxes.....then release your taxes.

I would have had more respect for him if he said he was never going to release his taxes than the opposite.

Tokens

Let's face it, you're not only one of the dumber people here, you're one of the dumber people on the Internet.

Both GW Bush and Trump have higher IQ's than you and attended educational institutions you could not get admitted to.

You talking about intelligence is like a baby shitting in a diaper.

Tokens
Let's face it, you're not only one of the dumber people here, you're one of the dumber people on the Internet.

Both GW Bush and Trump have higher IQ's than you and attended educational institutions you could not get admitted to.

You talking about intelligence is like a baby shitting in a diaper.

Arent you the guy that made fun of another poster for using a monkey poll.....and then you used one 4 minutes later.

Real smart guy:pointer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boynerclinic
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com