Picks without writeups? Why bother

Search

We see the light
Tokens
If a guy hit at a 58-60% clip on all his posted plays at the RX, would you really care what his plays say because I sure as hell wouldn't.

You could find your plays in the toilet, in the doghouse, in a strip club, in the backseat of a '65 Chevy for all I care. If they win, that's the single most important thing.

If they lose but you have a great write up, who gives a shit?

Lol... This ^^^

Tokens
I use to write up most of my plays. I'll tell you what happens, if your right and get on a roll ( I have) everyone appreciates it, when you go on a losing streak (I have and most will during a course of a season) they crucify you. Then you think about all of the research, stats, articles, mags, and newspapers, that you go through to find out things, (a lot of effort in itself), why waste your time to possibly get crucified again.

The people who gamble all the time know which posters to follow. If some people would take the time to look up stats instead of opening every thread they would probably win more games. JMO

Handicapper
Tokens
I care about accurate ytd record. Not a writeup. If someone is 0-10 with writeups why would I care?

Tokens
I care about accurate ytd record. Not a writeup. If someone is 0-10 with writeups why would I care?

So basically people come on this forum to copy other people's football picks? Weird. As for me, I take pride in knowing my football.

We see the light
Tokens
To each his own....
I do occasionally enjoy reading writeups to find "additional" info on a team that I already liked.
But ultimately, winning money and correct picks is all that matter.

Tokens
Unless the guy posting picks is a long-time poster, and most on here aren't, YTD records are meaningless…unless... you give us something? anything? as to why you like a play, then you have my attention. Otherwise, there's no reason to look. Our YTD records can go south at anytime.

Tokens
So basically people come on this forum to copy other people's football picks? Weird. As for me, I take pride in knowing my football.

No, they come on here liking a team and if a certain poster is on the opposite side, it gives them reason to pause and think about it a bit.

Handicapper
Tokens
I def do love reading the write ups. But if it's a loser, then it doesn't mean much. I still appreciate the time the poster takes to make a write up. But if someone posted a 60% record with standard -110 juice and no write up. Who the hell wouldn't tail them ???

Tokens
These are your "Write-Ups." There's nothing in here that I could EVER learn, except for the Girls who can't play Video Games because the Power is out..

Perhaps the Title of this thread should be "Picks without GOOD Writeups Why Bother." Dude please. Putting Crap on Paper does not help anyone. Maybe win a few games, then Lecture the Choir? I'm catching a plane to Nassau in a few minutes to inspect some damage to my property so this is my last post in this thread, and maybe my post this week on this site..77 Consecutive Stock Winners? Yep. I got some Swamp Land for Sale in the Bahamas. How many acres you want?

Cincinnati +4 MIAMI OH – The Bearcats have beaten Miami straight up 10 times in a row. This year they are getting points. They actually played Michigan pretty tough last week…and their defense played particularly well. Even though they lost 36-14, Michigan scored 9 points very late in the game with a safety and a pick 6. Playing Miami OH will be a big step down in class, and they will be hungry for a win. Miami already lost this year to Marshall (31-26) a team ranked lower than the Bearcats.

Georgia Tech -2 UCF – The Yellow Jackets had 655 yards of offense against Tennessee in week 1 and lost the game by one point, despite having 2 critical turnovers. Meanwhile the George O’Leary Liars had a body bag game against FIU and then have been worrying all week about Irma. The coaches wives are yelling at their husbands because they have no air conditioning in their house. All of the player’s girlfriends have no power in their house, so they can’t go over there and play video games after practice. Should be an easy GT win against a very distracted inferior opponent.

Lsu -6.5 MISS ST – The Bulldogs have been lighting it up, scoring an average of 53 ppg against the likes of Charleston Southern and LA Tech. Not so fast my friend. This week, they’ll be facing a real defense. LSU shutout a normally potent BYU team and did not allow them past their own 47 yd line. Guice will have a big day running the ball, taking the Bulldog crowd out of the game early.

Air force +25.5 MICHIGAN – Obviously Michigan is going to win this game. Air Force is going to keep running the option no matter what the score is. They had a week off and this will be a HUGE game for them. If they can run over 80 plays, Michigan won’t have enough time to cover. Michigan is averaging 35 points per game. That means the Falcons only a touchdown and a field goal to cover. If Air Force can play a clean game, and get 1 turnover, they shouldn’t have any problem here taking all of these points.

Virginia tech -22.5 ECU – I Googled the definition of horror show and found ECU’s defense on the front page search. The Pirates D has given up over 600 yards of offense in each of their first two games, against James Madison (ugh) and West Virginia, losing by 36 points to WVU. Oh, by the way, Virginia Tech beat West Virginia in Week 1. Laying the wood and taking the Hokies.

Life is Good
Tokens
I think it depends on the poster. My system is all numbers based. Would anyone really want to read all of the number stuff on each game? Plus, it is time consuming to write all of it up. Plus, you open yourself up for scrutiny...you may hit 55-60%, but if people don't like the system, they will start ragging it.

Here's an example. My system produces a final score for the game. It said that Houston would beat Arizona 57-6, because of Houston solid projected run D and Arizona putred projected D. Did I really think that would happen? No. If I put that out here, I would get lambasted. Did it win? Yes. Not by 51, but it won.

Tokens
These are your "Write-Ups." There's nothing in here that I could EVER learn, except for the Girls who can't play Video Games because the Power is out..

Perhaps the Title of this thread should be "Picks without GOOD Writeups Why Bother." Dude please. Putting Crap on Paper does not help anyone. Maybe win a few games, then Lecture the Choir? I'm catching a plane to Nassau in a few minutes to inspect some damage to my property so this is my last post in this thread, and maybe my post this week on this site..77 Consecutive Stock Winners? Yep. I got some Swamp Land for Sale in the Bahamas. How many acres you want?

Cincinnati +4 MIAMI OH – The Bearcats have beaten Miami straight up 10 times in a row. This year they are getting points. They actually played Michigan pretty tough last week…and their defense played particularly well. Even though they lost 36-14, Michigan scored 9 points very late in the game with a safety and a pick 6. Playing Miami OH will be a big step down in class, and they will be hungry for a win. Miami already lost this year to Marshall (31-26) a team ranked lower than the Bearcats.

Georgia Tech -2 UCF – The Yellow Jackets had 655 yards of offense against Tennessee in week 1 and lost the game by one point, despite having 2 critical turnovers. Meanwhile the George O’Leary Liars had a body bag game against FIU and then have been worrying all week about Irma. The coaches wives are yelling at their husbands because they have no air conditioning in their house. All of the player’s girlfriends have no power in their house, so they can’t go over there and play video games after practice. Should be an easy GT win against a very distracted inferior opponent.

Lsu -6.5 MISS ST – The Bulldogs have been lighting it up, scoring an average of 53 ppg against the likes of Charleston Southern and LA Tech. Not so fast my friend. This week, they’ll be facing a real defense. LSU shutout a normally potent BYU team and did not allow them past their own 47 yd line. Guice will have a big day running the ball, taking the Bulldog crowd out of the game early.

Air force +25.5 MICHIGAN – Obviously Michigan is going to win this game. Air Force is going to keep running the option no matter what the score is. They had a week off and this will be a HUGE game for them. If they can run over 80 plays, Michigan won’t have enough time to cover. Michigan is averaging 35 points per game. That means the Falcons only a touchdown and a field goal to cover. If Air Force can play a clean game, and get 1 turnover, they shouldn’t have any problem here taking all of these points.

Virginia tech -22.5 ECU – I Googled the definition of horror show and found ECU’s defense on the front page search. The Pirates D has given up over 600 yards of offense in each of their first two games, against James Madison (ugh) and West Virginia, losing by 36 points to WVU. Oh, by the way, Virginia Tech beat West Virginia in Week 1. Laying the wood and taking the Hokies.

Have a safe trip and I hope your property is ok......and yes I do have 77 consecutive profitable stock trades. My forum has been around for 14 years. www.mrmarketishuge.com

Tokens

[/QUOTE

Why the hostility? You & others here claim to be successful high rollers who win money consistently betting sports yet you take the time to post often on a public sports form. If I was betting & winning big money, I'd have much better things to do than post unprovoked angry comments to another poster who had the audacity to bring up a legitimate issue. There's probably more outright lying & embellishment on these sports forums than there is at a typical Trump rally/press conference.

Tokens

[/QUOTE

Why the hostility? You & others here claim to be successful high rollers who win money consistently betting sports yet you take the time to post often on a public sports form. If I was betting & winning big money, I'd have much better things to do than post unprovoked angry comments to another poster who had the audacity to bring up a legitimate issue. There's probably more outright lying & embellishment on these sports forums than there is at a typical Trump rally/press conference.

Holy Crap! You don't get it either. I give up. I've never posted anywhere until January and only in my threads of picks since then. I am trying to help this guy understand that successful Bettors don't share info. It's pretty simple.. Writeups are fine but not necessary and in fact I would be more inclined to follow someone who DID NOT DO WRITEUPS. You people carry on. I'm out of here. Jeez..

Tokens
Holy Crap! You don't get it either. I give up. I've never posted anywhere until January and only in my threads of picks since then. I am trying to help this guy understand that successful Bettors don't share info. It's pretty simple.. Writeups are fine but not necessary and in fact I would be more inclined to follow someone who DID NOT DO WRITEUPS. You people carry on. I'm out of here. Jeez..

Help me understand how my write up, or anyone else's write up, can affect the outcome of the football game? We make our bets, post a write up and the result of the game is the result of the game. Are you telling me that Baker Mayfield reads this forum and that influences how he plays? Why would it matter if this info is shared?....Please tell us, I would really like to know as I am new here.

Tokens
Bobby- It's not like we're asking for some inside info you got in the locker room or from a player or staff member of a college team. Not that any of us get that. You've been successful at your total plays, and I fail to see why sharing your reasons for your plays would effect your future success in any way. RX bettors certainly don't change the line. Ain't none of us here worrying the books or changing the outcome of a game. No write-ups are fine, though..to each his own. But I've learned a lot about handicapping football on this forum(and others), and I thank those willing to share their knowledge.

Tokens
Bobby- It's not like we're asking for some inside info you got in the locker room or from a player or staff member of a college team. Not that any of us get that. You've been successful at your total plays, and I fail to see why sharing your reasons for your plays would effect your future success in any way. RX bettors certainly don't change the line. Ain't none of us here worrying the books or changing the outcome of a game. No write-ups are fine, though..to each his own. But I've learned a lot about handicapping football on this forum(and others), and I thank those willing to share their knowledge.

I'm sorry that you Fail to understand why sharing the reasons for my plays WOULD affect my future success. But I did try to help you understand. A LOT. That's all I can do. You Guys can carry on this ill informed thread without me. I just don't have the time...

Tokens
Just my 2 cents...most of this forum is littered with members showing us their plays for the week, yet we hardly see any explanation at all. Don't you think even a few words of sharing your insight would be more useful than merely telling us what you're playing? Otherwise we could just flip a coin and post the result of the coin flip. Don't get me wrong, people should feel free to continue doing what they're doing - I just think a little write up would be more interesting.

Comments?

Totally agree.

Most share no rationale at all. No one points out interesting angles IMO other than the usual drab stuff here and there.

EXAMPLE:

This week Chicago, Detroit, GB all covered.

Not one poster says on Monday: "hey, all three NFC North teams covered, how about Minnesota - 3 tonight?"

Sure that is not the only way to look at the Monday night game... but not ONE poster pointed it out. (this is just an example, I could give 30 more, just this last weekend)

Yes, there are some good handicappers on this site, they must know what they are doing to some extent, but nobody is really helping others.

We see the light
Tokens
Help me understand how my write up, or anyone else's write up, can affect the outcome of the football game? We make our bets, post a write up and the result of the game is the result of the game. Are you telling me that Baker Mayfield reads this forum and that influences how he plays? Why would it matter if this info is shared?....Please tell us, I would really like to know as I am new here.

Trade secrets ��

Tokens
It is not so much about some user here changing the line, I guess. But for example take a total: I am pretty sure that a large part of setting totals for sportsbooks is done "automatically", using lots of data/stats and connecting that data to come up with a number for a certain matchup. It probably isn't 100% and there is some adjusting done manually afterwards before releasing the line, but a good part should be stats-/number based.
So a serious bettor is pretty much going up against the bookies with the goal to come up with a better "formula" to calculate a total, based more or less on the same available data. So if you manage to do that and realize that you can beat totals because you calculate them better than the sportsbooks, why would you publish that data openly? Doesn't really make much sense because you give your edge away. Maybe nobody will read your threads and info here at therx, but if you really beat the books constantly, your threads/posts should receive some attention....
Way harder to reverse engineer your "edge" if you just post the picks without reasoning.

Having said all that, I can easily write up some reasoning without giving away that info...but in that case the write-up probably itself isn't really that helpful because it would mostly be a summary of nice tidbits read somewhere else or information that doesn't affect the betting line much or is already included in the line...
On the other hand there are so many different approaches to handicapping, that some other approaches aren't really affected that much: If I select my spots carefully and e.g. I am betting based on things like players missing (information advantage, knowing about a player being out before the books do or thinking that the loss of player X is more/less important than the betting line reflects) or other things that you can't easily put into a formula or calculate in a standardized way, then I can probably do a really good write-up with valuable information without possibly hurting myself much on future bets.

Tokens
I think it depends on the poster. My system is all numbers based. Would anyone really want to read all of the number stuff on each game? Plus, it is time consuming to write all of it up. Plus, you open yourself up for scrutiny...you may hit 55-60%, but if people don't like the system, they will start ragging it.

Here's an example. My system produces a final score for the game. It said that Houston would beat Arizona 57-6, because of Houston solid projected run D and Arizona putred projected D. Did I really think that would happen? No. If I put that out here, I would get lambasted. Did it win? Yes. Not by 51, but it won.

Are your plays based on a system Heat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onetreestays
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com