My friends dad has gone missing (please keep in thoughts and prayers)

Search

Home of the Cincinnati Criminals.
Tokens
I live 2.5 miles from one of the not so nice areas of cincinati. never had a problem. I bike, walk and drive through it every day
It's getting bad to the point that if you live around minorities you're better off moving far, far away.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
I don't believe in prayer since it's a byproduct of the ultimate cult called "religion." Religion is truly the best way to keep the "masses" in check.

Nevertheless, I hope your friend will get a favorable conclusion to the mystery disappearance of his father.

Support your friend emotionally as he goes through this ordeal. He will certainly need you.

or maybe religion just teaches people better values and helps them to live better lives. At a minimum, Jesus was a sensation philosopher.

the rest I totally concur with

and my prayers are with any family that needs strength the endure such difficult times.

Rx God
Tokens
I don't believe in prayer since it's a byproduct of the ultimate cult called "religion." Religion is truly the best way to keep the "masses" in check.

priest_preaching_beh.gif

Nevertheless, I hope your friend will get a favorable conclusion to the mystery disappearance of his father.

Unfortunately, with the facts and circumstances you have provided in this bizarre case ... I also would suspect "foul play" is involved.:smoking:

Support your friend emotionally as he goes through this ordeal. He will certainly need you.

Agree with Inky

This man didn't run away, so foul play is likely.

I can't see it ending well, but I wish you a good resolution to it.

Tokens
hope it somehow turns out well kidman.

to all those using this thread for anything other than support for our fellow forum member i'd suggest you imagine it's your loved one and respond without pushing your personal agendas.

Undercover Spelling and Grammar Police
Tokens
It's getting bad to the point that if you live around minorities you're better off moving far, far away.

My wife and daughters are hispanic. Are you telling me I should move out of my house, for my own good?

You have a narrow minded, racist view of the world.

Tokens
newest article

Larry Schnackenberg stayed up Wednesday night writing the toast he planned to give at his daughter’s wedding.
He wanted to get it just right.

But now, family and friends are worried the 58-year-old father of five will not be there to toast daughter Kristen this weekend. He went missing Thursday afternoon and has not been seen since.

His family located Schnackenberg’s 2003 Ford Explorer just before 6:30 Thursday night inside Shawnee Mission Park, next to a hiking trail. His ID and keys were on the driver’s seat. His cell phone, wallet and checkbook also were there in the unlocked SUV.

“Larry would not walk away from his family,” said Jane Miramontez, a friend. “We know it’s foul play. … Now we just need to find him.”
To police, however, it’s a missing-person case.

“There’s no indication from the evidence we have so far that any crime was committed there,” said Officer Dan Friesen, Lenexa police spokesman. “Nothing has shown up to indicate what may have happened.”

A devoted family man, a Hallmark Cards retiree, Schnackenberg was looking forward to walking his daughter down the aisle on Saturday. He was to meet the family as usual for Thursday dinner out.

“This is just a complete mystery to us,” said David Schnackenberg, 23, the family’s middle child and oldest son. “It’s so upsetting.”

Judy Schnackenberg planned to do wedding errands with daughter Kristen on Thursday. Larry had other chores planned before picking up his youngest child, Jacob, for a 3:30 dentist appointment.

David headed out the door that morning, saying he would see everyone later that night at José Pepper’s. The family always goes there on Thursdays because Larry Schnackenberg likes the nightly special.

The family retraced what they and police know of Schnackenberg’s course that day: a trip to his favorite convenience store, a hardware store and the computer store, where he picked up a desktop computer that was being repaired.
He left the computer store at 77th and Quivira streets at 12:57 p.m.

By 3 o’clock, Jacob was texting David, wondering if he had heard from Dad. Siblings continued calling their father on his cell phone.
And the worrying began.

When David got home from work, they started calling area hospitals. Then, knowing Schnackenberg had his cell phone with him, family members went to a Sprint store to track the phone.

“We knew something wasn’t right,” David said. “We were trying to track any outgoing calls.”

The last call to or from that phone was around 11:30 that morning. No clues there.
They were also able to use a GPS locator. That led them to Shawnee Mission Park.
At 6:25 p.m., David, Kristen and her fiancé found the Explorer outside shelter 8. Judy and other children arrived shortly.

For David, this part is the hardest for him to figure out.
“He doesn’t have his ID, his money, his phone or car with him,” David Schnackenberg said.

The computer retrieved from the store was in the backseat.
“None of this is making sense.”

Police searched in the park Thursday, and the Kansas Highway Patrol used a helicopter to look for Schnackenberg on Friday.

With just an hour’s notice, more than 600 people showed up at the park Friday to help search for Larry. Hundreds more showed up to search on Saturday.

“They’ve searched just about everywhere that you can get to,” Friesen said. “ … The park police used some sonar equipment or radar equipment to check the lake, and nothing turned up there.”

Helping organize the community searches were Greg and Missey Smith, parents of Kelsey Smith, a Shawnee Mission West graduate who was kidnapped and killed three years ago.

Sunday’s candlelight vigil drew more than 1,000 as sons Michael and Jacob took a moment to thank the community for volunteering their time for a man who always volunteers his.

Nearly 5,000 people have joined the Looking for Larry Facebook page, which was created shortly after he disappeared. The page description reads: “Please help us find our Dad, Larry Schnackenberg, he went missing on July 8, 2010.”

And as the days pass, the mystery continues.
“People ask me, ‘Did Larry go to the park?’ ” said Scot Schwartz, a family friend. “It was not characteristic for Larry to go to the park. He was always doing something for someone, somewhere. But as far as taking time to go to the park, unfortunately he didn’t.”

All the Schnackenberg kids have gone through Shawnee Mission West High School, where Jacob is still a student. Their dad has always been at their sporting and music events, friends say. Both parents never miss anything.

Even now, with daughter Rebecca a music teacher at a Lenexa elementary school.
“Anytime a grade level has a concert, there’s Larry in the back with the video camera, taping the event,” said family friend Miramontez.

With him still missing, friends are gathering around Judy and the children, knowing, they say, that the family man didn’t voluntarily vanish.

“He would not want to put his family in this position,” Miramontez said. “He would not want his family to feel like this. The emptiness, the not knowing.
“He’s so loving, it would break his heart to see them this upset.”

To reach Laura Bauer, call 816-234-4944 or send e-mail to lbauer@kcstar.com.

Tokens
My wife only speaks Spanish but somehow I don't picture her kidnapping anyone.

My 2 most seriously aggravating Pet Peeves:

1. Racists who stereotype entire nationalities in a single sentence.
2. Obviously pregnant women smoking cigarettes.

wil.

PS. Kidman - I sincerly hope your friend Larry turns up healthy and very soon.

Tokens
newest article

Larry Schnackenberg stayed up Wednesday night writing the toast he planned to give at his daughter’s wedding.

But now, family and friends are worried the 58-year-old father of five will not be there to toast daughter Kristen this weekend. He went missing Thursday afternoon and has not been seen since.

His family located Schnackenberg’s 2003 Ford Explorer just before 6:30 Thursday night inside Shawnee Mission Park, next to a hiking trail. His ID and keys were on the driver’s seat. His cell phone, wallet and checkbook also were there in the unlocked SUV.

“Larry would not walk away from his family,” said Jane Miramontez, a friend. “We know it’s foul play. … Now we just need to find him.”

“There’s no indication from the evidence we have so far that any crime was committed there,” said Officer Dan Friesen, Lenexa police spokesman. “Nothing has shown up to indicate what may have happened.”

A devoted family man, a Hallmark Cards retiree, Schnackenberg was looking forward to walking his daughter down the aisle on Saturday. He was to meet the family as usual for Thursday dinner out.

“This is just a complete mystery to us,” said David Schnackenberg, 23, the family’s middle child and oldest son. “It’s so upsetting.”

Judy Schnackenberg planned to do wedding errands with daughter Kristen on Thursday. Larry had other chores planned before picking up his youngest child, Jacob, for a 3:30 dentist appointment.

David headed out the door that morning, saying he would see everyone later that night at José Pepper’s. The family always goes there on Thursdays because Larry Schnackenberg likes the nightly special.

The family retraced what they and police know of Schnackenberg’s course that day: a trip to his favorite convenience store, a hardware store and the computer store, where he picked up a desktop computer that was being repaired.

By 3 o’clock, Jacob was texting David, wondering if he had heard from Dad. Siblings continued calling their father on his cell phone.
And the worrying began.

When David got home from work, they started calling area hospitals. Then, knowing Schnackenberg had his cell phone with him, family members went to a Sprint store to track the phone.

“We knew something wasn’t right,” David said. “We were trying to track any outgoing calls.”

The last call to or from that phone was around 11:30 that morning. No clues there.
They were also able to use a GPS locator. That led them to Shawnee Mission Park.
At 6:25 p.m., David, Kristen and her fiancé found the Explorer outside shelter 8. Judy and other children arrived shortly.

“He doesn’t have his ID, his money, his phone or car with him,” David Schnackenberg said.

Police searched in the park Thursday, and the Kansas Highway Patrol used a helicopter to look for Schnackenberg on Friday.

With just an hour’s notice, more than 600 people showed up at the park Friday to help search for Larry. Hundreds more showed up to search on Saturday.

“They’ve searched just about everywhere that you can get to,” Friesen said. “ … The park police used some sonar equipment or radar equipment to check the lake, and nothing turned up there.”

Helping organize the community searches were Greg and Missey Smith, parents of Kelsey Smith, a Shawnee Mission West graduate who was kidnapped and killed three years ago.

Sunday’s candlelight vigil drew more than 1,000 as sons Michael and Jacob took a moment to thank the community for volunteering their time for a man who always volunteers his.

Nearly 5,000 people have joined the Looking for Larry Facebook page, which was created shortly after he disappeared. The page description reads: “Please help us find our Dad, Larry Schnackenberg, he went missing on July 8, 2010.”

“People ask me, ‘Did Larry go to the park?’ ” said Scot Schwartz, a family friend. “It was not characteristic for Larry to go to the park. He was always doing something for someone, somewhere. But as far as taking time to go to the park, unfortunately he didn’t.”

All the Schnackenberg kids have gone through Shawnee Mission West High School, where Jacob is still a student. Their dad has always been at their sporting and music events, friends say. Both parents never miss anything.

“Anytime a grade level has a concert, there’s Larry in the back with the video camera, taping the event,” said family friend Miramontez.

With him still missing, friends are gathering around Judy and the children, knowing, they say, that the family man didn’t voluntarily vanish.

“He would not want to put his family in this position,” Miramontez said. “He would not want his family to feel like this. The emptiness, the not knowing.

I got my money on somebody from Jose Pepper's is responsible

Home of the Cincinnati Criminals.
Tokens
Strange, robbery wasn't a motive. he pissed the wrong person of it seems.

maybe a mid-life crisis, i heard of stranger shit

Rx God
Tokens
makes no sense for the guy to take off and leave behind his ID, money, car, etc. Hundreds of people failed to find him, so he must not be in the area. I think Bigbet is correct in hinting at him being abducted and possibly murdered since there is no ransom demand. I hope he turns up OK somehow !

Undercover Spelling and Grammar Police
Tokens
My wife only speaks Spanish but somehow I don't picture her kidnapping anyone.

wil.

PS. Kidman - I sincerly hope your friend Larry turns up healthy and very soon.

Wil
Unfortunately, I think race is a huge topic in that poster's life. Go back and read some posts. One that comes to mind is that Jim Joyce purposely blew the call to rob Galarraga of the perfect game because he is racist. Well....turns out, Joyce couldn't be a more stand up guy, but I don't remember the poster ever recanting his remarks.
Just because you're racist, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Tokens
I hope Larry is found alive and well. There is this show on I.D. called "Disappeared". Unfortunately, this story seems like a perfect candidate for a new episode.

Tokens

Those two are at or near the top of my list as well, Wil.

My thoughts go out to your friend and his family, Kidman.

Tokens
newest article

And the worrying began.

Since the reports indicate he didn't go to the park that often, I'm starting to wonder if Larry wasn't the one who drove his SUV to that area...or was forced to do it against his will. Unfortunately, that means he either never went to the park or didn't stay there for long if he left in another car...and that's why the area search didn't turn anything up.

I'm stil curious about Larry's spending habits. Did he normally use cash or a card when he paid for things? If it was cash, was there any cash left in the wallet when it was found? If there wasn't, it sounds more like a robbery to me. How else would a square guy somehow fall off the face of the earth in a three-hour window?

SHANKAPOTOMUS !!!!
Tokens
Everybody needs a chip implanted in their necks like dogs have. It would be done when you are born and the info is given to your parents only. If you want it done............. I think it would eliminate a lot of issues of finding missing peeps and criminals.

MY HEART IS A HOME AND FEAR DONT LIVE HERE
Tokens
Everybody needs a chip implanted in their necks like dogs have. It would be done when you are born and the info is given to your parents only. If you want it done............. I think it would eliminate a lot of issues of finding missing peeps and criminals.[/QUOTE

thats big brother shit before you know it wives will be tracking that shit finding their husbands in strip clubs or the mistress's house. it never happens will only a couple people know the info.

SHANKAPOTOMUS !!!!
Tokens
Maybe have a way that only the person with the chip can activate it??????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinbetonline
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com