Monday 9/12/16 service plays chatter/comps/requests & other stuff...

Search
Tokens
Preview: Brewers (64-79) at Reds (60-82)

Game: 1
Venue: Great American Ball Park
Date: September 12, 2016 7:10 PM EDT

The first week of September has gone relatively well for both the Cincinnati Reds and Milwaukee Brewers.

Now they get a chance to face each other with the Reds attempting to escape last place in the National League Central and the Brewers looking to possibly move closer toward third place in the division.

After getting wins over teams ahead of them in the standings, the Reds and Brewers begin a three-game series Monday night at Great American Ball Park.

The Reds (60-82) have split their first 10 contests of the month and took three of four at Pittsburgh after getting outscored 27-9 during a five-game losing streak. Cincinnati has been in last place every day since May 13 and is 2 1/2 games behind the Brewers.

The Brewers have won seven of their last 10 contests after splitting a weekend series in St. Louis. Thanks to Cincinnati's three wins, Milwaukee is six games behind the Pirates.

The Reds completed their successful weekend with an 8-0 victory when Brandon Finnegan pitched five-plus scoreless innings and worked out of two bases-loaded jams. Tyler Holt also drove in three runs and Brandon Phillips had three hits.

Joey Votto was 0-for-4 but over his last 12 games is batting .378 (17-for-45). Phillips is hitting .374 (46-for-123) in his last 32 contests.

Milwaukee completed its weekend with a 2-1 win at St. Louis on Sunday. Ryan Braun hit a tiebreaking home run in the ninth inning and has 27 this season. He has three home runs this month after reportedly being involved in trade talks when Milwaukee won the waiver claim for Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig.

"As I've said many times, I really love Milwaukee," Braun told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel "My family loves Milwaukee. My daughter was born there. My son should be born there in a couple of weeks. We love being involved in the community there. It would be great and very rewarding to see this thing through and be a part of the next winning team in Milwaukee."

Braun has hit five of his home runs against the Reds, who have won seven of the first 13 meetings.

Anthony DeSclafani was originally scheduled to start the series opener but his next start will be Sept. 18 vs. Pittsburgh. Manager Bryan Price said it wasn't physical and the Reds will start Keyvius Sampson.

"It gives (Sampson) a chance to get a little bit of a stretch and give a little bit of blow to Anthony, and he slots right back in for his next start. No red flag, but in the sense of being proactive, it makes more sense to do it right now and let him finish the season strong."

Sampson made 12 starts for the Reds last season but 14 of his 15 appearances have been in the bullpen. He has a 3.90 ERA this season and in his lone start July 23 against Arizona, Sampson allowed one earned run and four hits in 4 1/3 innings.

On Aug. 14 against Milwaukee, he allowed a solo home run to Braun while pitching five relief innings in a 7-3 loss.

"It's a great opportunity," Sampson told MLB.com. "I'm happy to get the chance to start a few games. I'll continue to do what I've been doing, going after guys, attacking the zone and using all of my pitches."

Milwaukee's starting pitchers have a 2.83 ERA in the last 20 games and Wily Peralta opens the series.

Peralta allowed four runs and six hits in 7 2/3 innings in a 12-5 win vs. the Chicago Cubs. He is 2-2 with a 3.35 ERA in his last six starts since returning from nearly two months with Triple-A Colorado Springs.

Peralta is 5-4 with a 3.00 ERA in 12 career starts against Cincinnati. He faced the Reds Aug. 14 at home and allowed one run and four hits in six innings.

Tokens
Preview: Orioles (78-64) at Red Sox (80-62)

Venue: Fenway Park

BOSTON -- Two American League East contenders coming off big weekend series road wins get together for the next three games of the postseason chase at Fenway Park, starting on Monday night.

"We're going, we're moving, we got that mojo back," slugger David Ortiz said after his go-ahead three-run homer on Sunday gave the first-place Red Sox some momentum heading into the series opener against the visiting Baltimore Orioles. "We had a good road trip."

The Red Sox, who defeated Toronto in the rubber match on Sunday to take a two-game lead in the division, won 2-of-3 in three different cities and come home for a seven-game homestand.

The Orioles, who won their series in Detroit as ace Chris Tillman came off the disabled list to win their rubber game, hit Boston tied for second in the division and two games up in the wild card.

"We are going to go on a plane and go to the next hostile environment," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Sunday. "We will let people continue to cast out on us and count us out. We like that."

David Price, the expensive free agent who has gotten hot at just the right time, faces Wade Miley in the series opener. Price will pitch twice on this homestand.

"We've been on the road so damn much, I don't think it matters to our guys where we're playing," Boston manager John Farrell said before Sunday's game. "We're looking forward to getting on the field every day. To get back at Fenway, get back in front of our fans, sure that's always a motivator for us. At this time of the year, you can feed off of that energy."

Price, who has taken a bit of a backseat to 20-game winner Rick Porcello, has won six straight starts (one of them against Baltimore), compiling a 2.14 ERA and limiting batters to a .204 batting average over that span (42 strikeouts in 42 innings). He is 1-1 with a 4.26 ERA in three starts against Baltimore this season, 9-5 with a 2.87 ERA lifetime against the Birds.

The winning streak has made him a 15-game winner for the fifth time in his career, and he is 8-2 with a 2.58 ERA in September divisional games since 2013.

Miley, who pitched for the Red Sox last season before being traded to the Seattle Mariners in the offseason, has been a disaster since being acquired by the Orioles at the trade deadline. He is 1-4 with a 7.15 ERA, yielding six homers and 27 earned runs in 34 innings.

He has never pitched against the Red Sox, but last season went 7-5 with a 4.30 ERA at Fenway.

The Orioles, who have gone 4-2 at Fenway this season, don't have great individual numbers against Price. Mark Trumbo leads the way by going 9-for-28 and two homers and Chris Davis is 8-for-28 with two blasts. Michael Bourn is 3-for-22 and Nolan Reimold 4-for-33.

Hanley Ramirez is the only Red Sox hitter with a real past against Miley. He's gone 5-for-24 with a homer.

Tokens
Preview: Twins (53-90) at Tigers (76-66)

Venue: Comerica Park

DETROIT -- Daniel Norris has seen what meaningful September baseball is like from the dugout and the bullpen. Now, he'll get his chance to experience it on the mound.

The Detroit Tigers' second-year left-hander will start the opener of a four-game home series against Minnesota on Monday night. The Tigers wrapped up a three-game series against another contender, Baltimore, at Comerica Park on Sunday with their second consecutive loss, 3-1.

The Tigers' rotation also includes second-player Matt Boyd and rookie Michael Fulmer and they're all pumped up by the playoff atmosphere.

"We've been talking about it a lot, especially me and Boyd and Fulmer," Norris said. "It's exciting to be here. It's exciting to have something to play for. ... There's a different sense of urgency. We (as a team) have a swagger about us that we belong here. It's fun to come to the ballpark every day and know we have a chance to play into October and through it."

The Tigers have an opportunity to strengthen their position in the race against a last-place team that they have dominated this season. Detroit is 10-2 against Minnesota.

Norris (2-2) collected his last victory against the Twins on Aug. 25 when he allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings, his longest outing of the year.

"I don't think some of their struggles have to do with their hitting," Norris said. "They have a very good lineup and you have to take them very seriously."

He wound up with no-decisions in his last two outings, including a six-inning start against Kansas City last Sunday when he gave three runs on four hits. He's tried to keep himself sharp with the extra days in-between starts by throwing two bullpen sessions.

"My main focus is just getting as deep as I can in the game," he said. "That's something at times I've struggled with but I think I'm getting better with it, just understanding my game and pitching towards that. As long as I go out there and keep us in the game, then I'm doing my job."

The Tigers' batters have pummeled Twins pitching this season, averaging 5.9 runs per game while batting .315. Minnesota right-hander Ervin Santana, who will oppose Norris, is one of the few members of the staff that has successfully navigated through Detroit's lineup.

Santana limited the Tigers to one run in seven innings on July 20 in his only outing against them this season. He's 9-3 with a 3.17 ERA in 17 career starts against Detroit.

After finishing August with a 13-game losing streak, Minnesota is 4-6 in September, all against American League Central Division foes.

Yet manager Paul Molitor is expected to return next season, as the team's ownership continues to back him.

"I think everyone in here realizes this has been a year where we had expectations that have fallen way short," Molitor said to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "Sometimes people have to fall when those things happen. I've been fortunate that I'm in a position where they're going to give me another shot to come back and try to do a little bit better the next time around."

The biggest bright spot for the Twins has been second baseman Brian Dozier, who has 39 home runs. He's hit three against the Tigers, though he only has a .174 average against them. Dozier has not homered in the last four games.

"I'm sure once the offseason hits and I reflect on the offseason, (I can say), 'OK I had a decent year' or whatever you want to call it," Dozier said to the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "But doggonit, we're on pace to lose over 100 games. Something is still off and it doesn't sit well with me."

Twins first baseman Joe Mauer is questionable to play in the series because of a sore quad.

Tokens
Preview: Athletics (60-82) at Royals (74-68)

Venue: Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium
Date: September 12, 2016 7:15 PM EDT

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- When the Oakland Athletics open a four-game series on Monday night at Kansas City, they will be sans Billy Butler, who was released Sunday.

Butler was a 2012 All-Star, hitting .313 with 29 home runs and 107 RBIs that season with the Royals, who drafted him in the first round in 2004. Butler played with Kansas City from 2007 to 2014 and was the designated hitter on the team that won the 2014 American League championship.

Butler became a free agent after the 2014 season and signed a three-year, $30 million contract with the A's but hit a career low .251 last season. This year, he was relegated to mostly DH duty against left-handed pitchers.

Butler had only a dozen at-bats since Aug. 17 and was in a 1-for-15 funk when released.

"I knew it was a possibility because I wasn't playing," Butler said. "It's been like that all year. They're the ones that make the decision. I know that now that Coco's (Crisp, trade to Cleveland) gone, I was the highest paid player. They're not going to let guys making that much just sit around and not make a move eventually.

"I've been in this game long enough to know that moves like these happen. Unfortunately, the last two seasons as a team it has not gone the way as expected. Your higher paid players end up taking the brunt of that because I was expected to come in to keep this organization where it was at."

A's general manager David Forst said "this was the right time to move on" without Butler.

"It's something we've discussed," Forst said. "With a lot of the younger players here now, potentially more coming once Nashville's done, the at-bats just weren't there. It's time to move our focus beyond.

"Obviously, he didn't perform last year up to what we expect, and then coming into this year it was tough for him to ever get going. We made some moves this last offseason that took away from some of his opportunities this year. There were times, frankly, right before the incident with him and Danny (Valencia clubhouse fight) when he was swinging the bat well. He obviously still has ability. It just wasn't going to be a fit here."

The A's are 13-27 in their past 40 games and have dropped to a season-worst 22 games below .500 after a 3-2 loss Sunday to the Seattle Mariners. Overall, the A's are 60-82, assuring them of a losing record in back-to-back years.

Three other former Royals with the A's are Brett Eibner, who had a RBI triple Sunday; Ryan Madson, a reliever who suffered the loss Sunday, and Valencia.

The defending World Series champion Royals shut out the White Sox 2-0 on Sunday to complete a 4-2 trip to Chicago and Minnesota. They remain on the fringe of the wild-card race, but they'll need a great eight-game homestand against the A's and White Sox to stay viable in the postseason hunt.

The Royals' Ned Yost is one victory shy of 1,000 in his managerial career.

"Win two series on the road, which was big," Yost said. "We've got to win series. Each win is crucial right now. It feels good when you match up against a guy like Chris Sale and end up on the winning side of it. Just keep grinding them out and keep winning ballgames."

Eric Hosmer and Kendrys Morales homered for the only runs off Sale, but that was enough for Royals right-hander Ian Kennedy and the bullpen. Wade Davis logged his 24th save of the season.

"Definitely huge," Hosmer said to capture the series at Chicago. "We needed this. We need every series from here on out, and every game is huge. We'll head back home. We play good in Kansas City. We'll see if we can take it a day at a time against Oakland and get things shaken up here at the end."

Royals right-hander Dillon Gee will start the series opener, his 14th start and 30th outing of the season. He is 0-2 with a 6.39 ERA in three career outings, including two starts against Oakland.

The A's will start left-hander Ross Detwiler, who is 1-3 with a 5.06 ERA in five starts and one relief appearance since called up from Triple-A Nashville.

Detwiler has faced the Royals once, on May 14, 2015, while with the Texas Rangers. He took the loss, allowing three runs, nine hits and one walk with three strikeouts in five innings.

Tokens
Preview: Indians (83-59) at White Sox (68-74)

Venue: U.S. Cellular Field
Date: September 12, 2016 8:10 PM EDT

CHICAGO -- The first-place Cleveland Indians will try to maintain their distance from the rest of the American League Central on Monday as they open a three-game series against the Chicago White Sox.

At 83-59, the Indians sit seven games ahead of the second-place Detroit Tigers with 20 games remaining in the regular season. Cleveland is chasing its first division title since 2007 and already has exceeded its win total from a year ago when the club finished in third place.

Meanwhile, Chicago (68-74) knows a trip to the playoffs is almost certainly out of reach. The White Sox dropped two of three games during the weekend to the Kansas City Royals, including a 2-0 loss on Sunday that marked the team's 10th shutout loss of the season.

The Indians will not make life any easier on the White Sox. Cleveland is 9-3 against Chicago this season and has outscored the White Sox by a margin of 65-42 during those games.

"We need to muster more than two hits if we're going to win," said White Sox manager Robin Ventura, alluding to his team's hit total Sunday. "(The Indians) are leading the division. We have our hands full."

Cleveland will send right-hander Carlos Carrasco (11-7, 3.15 ERA) to the mound for the series opener. The 29-year-old from Venezuela has won four of his past five decisions thanks to tremendous command. Since Aug. 12, he has walked only three batters while striking out 52.

The White Sox have presented problems for Carrasco since he reached the majors in 2009. He is 3-8 with a 5.44 ERA in 16 appearances (15 starts) against the Chicago during his career. In seven appearances at U.S. Cellular Field, he is 2-3 with a 6.12 ERA.

Right-hander Miguel Gonzalez (3-6, 3.81 ERA) will make his 20th start of the season for the White Sox. The 32-year-old is coming off a strong outing Tuesday in which he pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Tigers to pick up the victory. The game marked his first appearance since Aug. 11 when he went on the disabled list because of a strained groin.

Gonzalez has fared well against Cleveland in his career. He is 3-0 with a 3.04 ERA in four appearances, including three starts. He has not faced the Indians this season.

Cleveland will have a couple of reinforcements for the three-game series. On Sunday, the team promoted left-handed relief pitcher Ryan Merritt and first baseman Jesus Aguilar from Triple-A Columbus. However, the club decided not to promote highly touted outfielders Yandy Diaz and Bradley Zimmer.

"We did talk about him a lot," Indians manager Terry Francona said to MLB.com when asked about Diaz. "Not just adding him to the roster, but we talked about him a lot because the people that have seen him think he's got a chance to be a really good player.

"I just think, right now, there wasn't really a place for him to play. ... I think his future has a chance to be really bright, though. This is not an indication that people don't like him."

Tokens
Preview: Rangers (85-59) at Astros (75-68)

Venue: Minute Maid Park
Date: September 12, 2016 8:10 PM EDT

HOUSTON -- After losing two of three to the Chicago Cubs over the weekend, the Houston Astros will enter a three-game series against the Rangers facing the grim reality that another series loss to Texas would snuff out their slim hopes of winning the American League West.

With their 9-5 defeat Sunday night, the Astros (75-68) remained 9 1/2 games behind Texas, which lowered its magic number to win the AL West to 10 games despite losing in Anaheim to the Los Angeles Angels earlier Sunday.

The Astros are 3-13 against the Rangers this season, and even if they match their season series win total, it appears that Houston would only be delaying the inevitable with just 16 games left on the schedule at the conclusion of the Texas series.

The Astros are 3 1/2 games behind AL wild-card co-leaders, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles. However, a total of seven teams are within four games of those wild-card spots.

Astros right-hander Mike Fiers, who took the loss Sunday night, was asked if the club was looking at the standings.

"I don't think so," he said. "I think we're pretty focused on what we need to do here, and that's why we're in the spot we're at. So we still have a great chance at getting the wild card. So just have to figure out what we need to do and do that out in the field. At the end of the day, we'll see where we're at."

The Astros will give the ball to right-hander Doug Fister (12-11, 4.14 ERA) for the series opener. Given his recent struggles, and his career-long woes against the Rangers, Fister might be a dubious choice.

Fister is 1-2 with a 4.57 ERA in four starts against the Rangers this season and 5-6 with a 5.18 ERA over 14 career starts against them. After tossing seven shutout innings at the Pirates in Pittsburgh on Aug. 22, Fister has absorbed three consecutive losses, posting a 10.95 ERA while allowing 26 hits and five walks over 12 1/3 innings.

Left-hander Martin Perez (10-10, 4.25 ERA) will start Monday for the Rangers (85-59). Perez is 5-3 with a 2.45 ERA over eight career starts against the Astros, including 1-1 with a 4.85 ERA in two starts against Houston this season.

The Rangers have lost five of eight games following a seven-game winning streak that was snapped in the series finale against the Astros on Sept. 4 in Arlington. Texas did get a measure of good news on Sunday when right-hander Colby Lewis returned from the disabled list and made his first start since late June.

Lewis, who had been sidelined due to a Grade 2 lat strain, gave up three runs -- on three solo homers -- in 5 1/3 innings.

"It was kind of vintage Colby," Texas manager Jeff Banister said. "He was able to move the fastball around and use the curveball and the slider to get the outs. Other than the three pitches that went for home runs, he felt like he was in control of what he needed to do. It was nice to see. We're going to need him down the stretch."

Lewis wasn't as enthusiastic about his performance.

"I didn't make the pitches I needed to make," he said. "That's all there is to it."

Reinstating Lewis only deepens the Rangers' veteran-laden rotation, which includes left-handers Cole Hamels and Derek Holland and righties Yu Darvish and A.J. Griffin.

Tokens
Preview: Mariners (75-68) at Angels (63-79)

Venue: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Date: September 12, 2016 10:05 PM EDT

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The two starting pitchers who will face each other when the Seattle Mariners and the Los Angeles Angels begin their three-game series Monday night at Angel Stadium share much in common.

Both came to their respective teams through mid-season trades this year and are veterans at their craft. But while the Angels' Ricky Nolasco is completing his 11th major-league season, the Mariners' Ariel Miranda is a 27-year-old rookie.

Miranda is one of the numerous Cubans who defected in recent years to pursue their goal of playing in the major leagues. Before leaving his homeland last year, the Havana-born left-hander spent seven seasons in Cuba's top league, the Serie Nacional, where he began his career at 18.

Miranda signed with the Baltimore Orioles in May 2015 and made his major-league debut this year on July 3. Ironically, the left-hander began his major-league career by facing the Mariners, who scored three runs on four hits against him in just two innings of relief. Nevertheless, Seattle apparently was impressed enough with Miranda to acquire him four weeks later for left-hander Wade Miley.

The Cuban left-hander demonstrated why the Mariners placed their faith in him during his last start Wednesday night against the Texas Rangers, who had averaged 8.1 runs in their previous 10 games. Miranda conceded just one hit and one walk while compiling four strikeouts in his first five innings before leaving after six and earning his second consecutive victory, 8-3.

Miranda had a chance to pitch shutout baseball, but a two-out error prolonged the top of the sixth inning and allowed Carlos Beltran to hit a three-run home run. After issuing a walk to the first batter he faced in the seventh, Miranda left after throwing 91 pitches, his second-highest total this season.

"Miranda really got on a nice roll," Seattle manager Scott Servais told MLB.com. "That was probably as crisp and smooth as we've seen him work since he's been here, and against a really hot-hitting team."

Nolasco, meanwhile, finally earned his first win with the Angels by pitching a four-hit shutout with seven strikeouts against the Cincinnati Reds on Aug. 31. The victory came a full month after the Minnesota Twins dispatched the right-hander in a four-player trade for left-hander Hector Santiago.

In the past three weeks, Nolasco has shown sparks of excellence. On Aug. 20, he issued no walks and retired 12 consecutive New York Yankees between the second and sixth innings of a 5-1 loss. On Aug, 26, Nolasco pitched five shutout innings before the Detroit Tigers scored three runs in the bottom of the sixth to rally for a 4-2 win.

Then in his first start after the shutout, Nolasco took a perfect game into the sixth inning and permitted just one hit through seven innings before conceding two runs in a 3-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday.

"What made him so strong through the first seven unraveled in the eighth," Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia told MLB.com. "He was getting ahead of hitters and mixing in all his pitches. Ricky is better than his record indicates. Hopefully, he'll pitch with some consistency, like we've seen."

Tokens
Preview: Padres (59-84) at Giants (77-65)

Venue: AT&T Park
Date: September 12, 2016 10:15 PM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants will be looking to close more ground on the National League West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers when they open a week-long homestand with a three-game series against the fourth-place San Diego Padres on Monday night.

The Giants trimmed two games off what had been a five-game deficit in the West by sweeping the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday through Sunday while the Dodgers were losing two of three at Miami.

Once again, the week begins with the Giants enjoying the more favorable of the matchups. The Dodgers wrap up a trip with a three-game series in New York against the Yankees, beginning Monday.

The Giants (77-65) and Dodgers (80-62) still have six head-to-heads on the schedule, including three next Monday through Wednesday in Los Angeles.

The Giants hope to go into that series with Hunter Pence swinging the same hot bat he packed for the flight home from Arizona on Sunday night.

Pence had a historically good series in Arizona, highlighted by back-to-back, four-run games Friday and Saturday.

He became just the fifth Giant ever to total eight runs in consecutive games, and the first major-leaguer since the New York Mets' David Wright in August of 2015 to have consecutive four-run efforts.

C.J. Cron of the Los Angeles Angels recorded the 2016 season high of five runs scored on July 2 against the Boston Red Sox.

A player has scored four runs in a game 35 other times this season, including three times by the Cubs' Kris Bryant and twice over a three-day span by the Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson.

But Pence is the only player to have achieved the feat on back-to-back days this season.

The veteran sandwiched those efforts with a 3-for-5 outing with a double and an RBI in the series finale Thursday at Colorado, and a 1-for-3 outing with a two-run double Sunday to cap the sweep over the Diamondbacks.

He will take an 11-for-16 streak (.688) into the San Diego series. He's owned the Padres this season, going 11-for-23 (.478), with at least one hit in all six of his starts against them.

The Giants roll into the homestand in more ways than one.

They were able to rest most of their much-maligned bullpen Sunday with starter Matt Moore completing seven innings in a 5-3 win.

"He did a nice job," assessed Giants manager Bruce Bochy. "The seven solid innings allowed us to use the bullpen the way we wanted."

Jeff Samardzija will get the ball for the Giants on Monday. He's gone 3-0 with a 3.91 ERA in four starts against the Padres this season, improving his career mark against them to 6-1 with a 3.29 ERA in eight starts.

He'll be facing a Padres offense that San Diego manager Andy Green thought failed to show up for Sunday's 3-2 home loss to the Colorado Rockies.

The Padres were no-hit by Chad Bettis for three innings and totaled only five hits in the game.

"That was not our sharpest game offensively," Green observed. "Over those first innings, I thought we lacked fight during our at-bats."

The Padres will open the series with Paul Clemens on the mound.

The right-hander has never faced the Giants among his first 16 career starts.

Tokens
Preview: Cubs (91-51) at Cardinals (75-67)

Venue: Busch Stadium
Date: September 12, 2016 8:15 PM EDT

ST. LOUIS -- For the first time since 2008, the Cubs can clinch the NL Central division title this week.

The Cardinals know it is going to happen -- they just don't want them to do it during the series in St. Louis.

To prevent that from happening, all the Cardinals have to do is win one of three games in the series that begins Monday night. A sweep by the Cubs would have them spraying champagne at Busch Stadium on Wednesday.

The Cubs arrive in town with a magic number of five after the Cardinals' 2-1 loss to the Brewers on Sunday and their 9-5 win Sunday night in Houston.

"You never want anyone celebrating on your home field, even if they are not division rivals or anything," said Cardinals' pitcher Lance Lynn, who has not pitched this year after undergoing Tommy John surgery. "You don't want anybody to clinch here. That's definitely something you don't want to see."

In recent years, the Cardinals have been the ones doing the celebrating. They have been to the postseason five consecutive years, and as the season winds down, know they will have to qualify as a wild-card team if they are going to extend that streak to six years.

The loss to the Brewers, which came on a ninth-inning home run by Ryan Braun off Kevin Siegrist, dropped the Cardinals a half game out of the second wild-card spot because of the Mets' 10-3 win over the Braves.

Mike Leake will get the starting assignment for Monday night's game, which begins a stretch that will see the Cardinals play the Cubs and the Giants, who currently are in the first wild-card spot, in 10 of their next 13 games.

Kyle Hendricks, who leads the NL with a 2.07 ERA, will start for the Cubs.

Facing Hendricks will present the newest challenge for the Cardinals, who did not hit a home run on Saturday or Sunday, the first time they have gone two consecutive games without hitting a homer since Aug. 7-8. They lead the NL with 204 homers.

"We've got to figure out how to score more runs," said manager Mike Matheny. "We squared up two balls that almost all year have been gone. The ball wasn't jumping."

Playing, and winning, at home has been a problem for the Cardinals this season. Their loss Sunday was the 39th at home, the most since they moved into the current Busch Stadium in 2006. They have 10 games left at home in the regular season.

Last year, it was the Cardinals who won the division title, then saw their season end when they lost to the wild-card Cubs in the Division Series. The Cubs just want to win the division, then worry about the playoffs later.

"We're probably anxious to clinch as soon as possible," catcher Miguel Montero told the Chicago Sun-Times. "That gives you the extra excitement to just try to do too much, to try to win games and get the lead even bigger, and clinch, on this road trip."

Tokens
Preview: Rockies (69-74) at Diamondbacks (58-84)

Venue: Chase Field
Date: September 12, 2016 9:40 PM EDT

PHOENIX -- The Colorado Rockies will look to keep their slender playoff hopes alive when they visit Chase Field on Monday to cap a six-game road trip with a three-game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

The Rockies (69-74) come to the Valley after splitting four games with the San Diego Padres. Colorado is seven games behind the St. Louis for the National League's second wild-card spot.

Left-hander Tyler Anderson (5-5, 3.35 ERA) has been outstanding his past three outings, pitching to a 1.93 ERA. But the rookie has only won one to his credit in his past six starts.

Anderson said he has found some success in getting opponents to hit to contact, particularly in his last start when he struggled with his off-speed pitches on Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants.

"The change wasn't as good today as it has been in the past," Anderson said, "so we had to make due with cutters and fastballs mostly. And when you do that, obviously guys are swinging because they all look like fastballs. So I was able to get them to put the ball in play a lot."

One-time Arizona Diamondbacks player Mark Reynolds reached a career milestone for the Rockies, hitting his 250th career home run. In four seasons in Arizona, Reynolds hit 121 of those.

Colorado will face an Arizona team and a Diamondbacks starter both searching for answers as the season winds down.

Enigmatic right-hander Shelby Miller, one of the Diamondbacks' two high-profile offseason pitching acquisitions, will make his third start since coming back to Arizona after being banished to Triple-A Reno to find his former form.

Miller enters Monday's game with a 2-11 record and 6.89 ERA in 16 starts. He appeared to have made progress in his first game back in the majors but regressed against Los Angeles, allowing five runs in 4 1/3 innings.

"I'm tired of the losing," Miller said after the outing against the Dodgers.

The same can be said of the Diamondbacks in general. Arizona has dropped six straight and remains one of the worst teams at home in the majors with a 25-45 record.

Colorado is 5-1 against the Diamondbacks in Chase Field, with all six games coming before May 1.

Against the Rockies this season, Miller is 0-2 with a 9.19 ERA in three starts.

Tokens
Monday’s six-pack

Six most popular picks in the Westgate Super Contest in Las Vegas:

6) Jets +2.5– 403– W

5) Ravens -3– 411– W

4) Texans -6– 419– W

3) Giants -1.5– 428– L

2) Cardinals -6– 452– L

1) Lions +3.5– 465– W (4-2 in Week 1)

Top Six picks in 2015: 52-51-2 vs spread

Tokens
MLB betting cheat sheet and odds: Dodging the Over
By MONTY ANDREWS

Our MLB cheat sheet breaks down the best MLB betting notes so you can handicap every series like a pro this week, including the pitching-rich Los Angeles Dodgers who travel to New York to take on the Yankees.

Welcome Mat

It has come to this for the Washington Nationals, who have been forced into starting right-hander Mat Latos for an important series opener against the visiting New York Mets. Latos will start in place of Stephen Strasburg, who may be lost for the season with an elbow injury. Strasburg was one of the top value pitchers in the league in 2016, going into Sunday ranking 13th in units won at $944. Latos wasn’t bad himself - racking up $629 with the White Sox earlier in the season - but struggled so poorly after a hot start that he was released and subsequently picked up by Washington.

Over and Out

The Minnesota Twins have settled into a nice groove, offering bettors a plethora of losses and Overs. The Twins continue playing out the string this week as they kick off a four-game road series against the Detroit Tigers. Minnesota is coming off a 4-6 homestead in which it posted eight straight Overs before registering back-to-back unders Saturday and Sunday against the Cleveland Indians. Minnesota is a lowly 24-44 away from Target Field this season, but has boosted Over bettors’ bottom lines by going 39-24-5 O/U through 68 road games in 2016.

Dodging the Over

The Los Angeles Dodgers are a solid Under bet this week as they kick off a three-game inteleague series Monday at Yankee Stadium. The National League West leaders are just 62-75-5 O/U for the season, and will be sending a pair of hot Under plays to the hill in this one. Teenage phenom Julio Urias gets the call Tuesday; he began his major-league career on a rocky note but has posted four straight quality starts while lowering his ERA to 3.69. Things get even tougher for the Yankees on Wednesday, as Dodgers ace and Under poster boy Clayton Kershaw takes the mound.

Injury Updates

* The Texas Rangers haven’t missed a beat despite losing outfielder Shin-Soo Choo for the season to a forearm injury. Texas is 59-39 SU for a whopping $2,533 units for the season with Choo out of the lineup; they’re 16-7-1 O/U in the last 24 games he has missed.

* Jabari Blash’s absence from the San Diego lineup has had a negative impact on the Padres’ fortunes. The Padres are 6-12 SU for -$347 since Blash was placed on the 15-day disables list with a finger injury. They’re 8-8-2 O/U in his absence.

Hitting Notes

* Chicago White Sox slugger Todd Frazier has hit a September wall, going just 2-for-20 over his previous six games to see his average plummet to .213. Frazier is slashing a dismal .216/.288/.405 since the All-Star break, during which the White Sox have fallen out of contention.

* The opposite has been the case for Kansas City Royals DH Kendrys Morales, who has been one of the hottest hitters in the league over the past week. Morales went deep five times since Monday, including a solo shot in Sunday’s 2-0 win over the White Sox; he added 14 RBIs in six games.

Pitching Notes

* Francisco Liriano will look to get over the break-even point in a Toronto uniform Monday as he leads the Blue Jays against visiting Tampa Bay. Liriano has been a -$2 pitcher in four starts with Toronto - a big improvement over his time with Pittsburgh, when he lost 511 units in 21 starts.

* The Boston Red Sox have a winning record with David Price on the hill, but he’s still working his way back into the black as he faces Baltimore’s Dylan Bundy on Tuesday. Price comes into this one at -$441 even though the Red Sox are 17-13 in his 30 starts.

Totals Trend

The Kansas City Royals are working to shed their label as a slam-dunk Under play, going Over in 10 of their last 12 games. Despite the run of high totals, the Royals are just 63-71-8 O/U for the season.

Tokens
MLB

Monday’s games

National League

Pirates @ Phillies
Cole is 0-3, 7.48 in his last four starts; his last six starts all went over. Pirates are 5-4 in his road starts.

Hellickson is 0-2, 7.31 in his last three starts; under is 10-3-1 in his last 14 starts. phillies won four of his last six home starts.

Pirates lost 11 of last 13 games, are 12-9 in road series openers. Four of their last five games stayed under. Phillies lost four of last five games; under is 7-0-1 in their last eight. Phils are 6-16 in home series openers.

Mets @ Nationals
Montero is 0-0, 2.89 (9.1 IP) in two starts this year (under 2-0).

Latos is making first Washington start; he was 7-2, 4.74 in 11 starts for the White Sox earlier this season.

Mets won seven of last eight games, are 12-11 on road series openers. Over is 12-4 in their last 16 road games. Washington won six of last seven games, is 13-10 in home series openers. Over is 6-3-1 in their last ten home games.

Marlins @ Braves
Cashner is 1-2, 3.38 in his last four starts; his last five starts stayed under. he is 0-2, 8.40 in three road starts for Miami.

Foltynewicz is 2-0, 2.29 in his last three starts; eight of his last nine starts went over. Atlanta is 3-4 in his home starts.

Marlins won three of last four games; under is 11-1 in their last 12 home games. Miami is 13-9 in road series openers. Atlanta lost five of last six games; they’re 7-15 in home series openers. Over is 10-1 in Braves’ last 11 home games.

Brewers @ Reds
Peralta is 1-0, 3.20 in his last three starts; over is 7-3 in his last 10 starts. Milwaukee is 2-5 in his road starts.

Sampson allowed one run in 4.1 IP (88 PT) in his only start, back on July 29

Brewers are 8-3 in last 11 games, 7-15 in road series openers. Four of last five Milwaukee games stayed under. Cincinnati won its last three games, is 7-2 in last nine home series openers. Under is 9-3 in their last 12 games.

Cubs @ Cardinals
Hendricks is 3-0, 1.42 in his last three starts; four of his last five starts went over. Cubs are 5-2 in his last seven road starts.

Leake is 1-0, 3.47 in his last four starts; over is 5-2-1 in his last eight. Cardinals are 1-5 in his last six home starts.

Cubs are 9-4 in last 13 games, 14-9 in road series openers. Six of their last nine games stayed under. St Louis is 6-9 in its last 15 home games, 10-13 in home series openers. Four of their last five games stayed under.

Rockies @ Diamondbacks
Anderson is 1-1, 1.93 in his last three starts (under 3-0). Colorado is 1-4 in his road starts.

Miller is 0-5, 8.23 in his last five starts; under is 7-4 in his last 11. Arizona lost his last seven home starts.

Rockies are 9-6 in last 15 games, 4-12 in last 16 road series openers. Five of their last seven games stayed under. Arizona lost its last six games, is 7-16 in home series openers. Over is 12-3 in their last 15 home games.

Padres @ Giants
Clemens is 0-3, 8.76 in his last three starts; five of his last six starts went over.

Samardzija is 1-1, 2.52 in his last four starts; under is 8-1 in his last nine. Giants are 2-4 in his last six home starts.

San Diego lost five of last six road games, is 13-10 in road series openers. Under is 6-4 in their last ten games. Giants won four of last five games, are 2-5 in last seven home series openers. Five of Giants’ last six home games stayed under.

American League

Rays @ Blue Jays
Odorizzi is 0-1, 9.00 in his last two starts; over is 5-2 in his last seven starts. Rays are 8-5 in his road starts.

Liriano is 1-1, 5.16 in four starts for Toronto (under 3-1).

Rays lost six of last eight games, are 2-13 in last 15 road series openers. Over is 9-2 in their last 11 games. Toronto lost seven of last nine games, is 7-3 in last 10 home series openers. Five of Jays’ last six home games went over.

Orioles @ Red Sox
Miley is 0-2, 5.25 in his last two starts (under 4-3 in last seven).

Price is 6-0, 2.14 in his last six starts; over is 7-0-1 in his last eight. Boston is 4-1 in his last five Fenway starts.

Orioles won six of last nine games, are 12-12 in road series openers. Over is 9-4 in their last 13 road games. Boston won four of last five games, is 8-2 in last 10 home series openers. Over is 5-1-1 in their last seven home games.

Twins @ Tigers
Santana is 1-1, 4.74 in his last four starts; his last three went over. Minnesota is 4-8 in his road starts.

Norris is 1-2, 4.23 in his last five starts; his last three went over. Detroit is 3-2 in his home starts.

Twins lost five of last seven games, are 8-14 in road series openers. Over is 8-2-1 in their last 11 games. Detroit lost four of last five games, is 12-2 in last 14 home series openers. Under is 13-4 in their last 17 home games.

A’s @ Royals
Detwiler is 0-3, 6.43 in his last four starts; his last five starts stayed under.

Gee is 2-1, 2.96 in his last four starts; under is 4-2-1 in his last seven. Royals are 3-4 in his home starts.

A’s lost nine of last 12 games, are 1-6 in last seven road series openers. Five of their last seven games stayed under. Kansas City is 5-3 in last eight games, 16-6 in home series openers. Over is 10-2 in their last 12 games.

Indians @ White Sox
Carrasco is 2-0, 2.51 in his last two starts; three of his last four stayed under. Indians are 5-2 in his last seven road starts.

Gonzalez is 1-1, 2.66 in his last four starts; four of his last six went over.

Indians won four of last five games, are 13-10 in road series openers. Under is 4-0-1 in their last five road games. Chicago is 5-8 in last 13 games, 12-11 in home series openers. Eight of their last ten games went over.

Rangers @ Astros
Perez is 2-0, 3.00 in his last two starts; his last four starts went over. Texas lost four of his last five road starts.

Fister is 0-3, 13.14 in his last three starts; five of his last six went over. Astros lost five of his last six home starts.

Rangers are 3-5 in last eight games, 10-13 in road series openers. Over is 11-2 in their last 13 games. Houston lost four of last five games, is 14-9 in home series openers. Five of Astros’ last six home games stayed under.

Mariners @ Angels
Miranda is 2-1, 4.96 in six MLB starts (over 5-1).

Nolasco is 1-1, 1.69 in his last two starts; his last six starts stayed under the total.

Seattle won its last five games, is 5-10 in last 15 road series openers. Over is 10-3 in their last 13 games. Angels lost four of last five games, are 10-12 in home series openers. Under is 7-2 in their last nine home games.

Interleague

Dodgers @ Bronx
DeLeon allowed four runs in six IP (86 PT) in his MLB debut.

Mitchell blanked Toronto for five innings (80 PT) in his first ’16 start.

Dodgers won five of last seven games, are 1-5 in last six road series openers. Under is 9-3 in their last 12 games. New York won seven of last eight games, is 9-0 in last nine home series openers. Under is 7-3 in their last ten games.

Teams’ record when this pitcher starts:

Pitt-Phil: Cole 8-12; Hellickson 15-13
NY-Wsh: Montero 2-0; Latos 0-0/8-3
Mia-Atl: Cashner 2-5/7-9; Foltynewicz 9-11
Mil-Cin: Peralta 7-12; Sampson 1-0
Chi-StL: Hendricks 16-10; Leake 12-14
Colo-Az: Anderson 8-8; Miller 4-12
SD-SF: Clemens 3-5; Samardzija 14-15

TB-Tor: Odorizzi 15-14; Liriano 2-2/9-12
Blt-Bos: Miley 2-5; Price 17-13 (6-0 last 6)
Min-Det: Santana 8-18; Norris 5-4
A’s-KC: Detwiler 1-4; Gee 5-8
Cle-Chi: Carrasco 15-8; Gonzalez 9-10
Tex-Hst: Perez 16-13; Fister 16-12
Sea-LA: Miranda 2-4; Nolasco 1-6/9-12

LA-NY: DeLeon 1-0; Mitchell 1-0

# of time pitcher allows 1+ runs in first inning:

Pitt-Phil: Cole 6-20; Hellickson 8-28
NY-Wsh: Montero 0-2; Latos 4-11
Mia-Atl: Cashner 8-22; Foltynewicz 4-20
Mil-Cin: Peralta 8-19; Sampson 1-1
Chi-StL: Hendricks 6-26; Leake 9-26
Colo-Az: Anderson 5-16; Miller 6-16
SD-SF: Clemens 3-8; Samardzija 10-29

TB-Tor: Odorizzi 5-29; Liriano 7-25
Blt-Bos: Miley 3-7; Price 10-30
Min-Det: Santana 8-26; Norris 1-9
A’s-KC: Detwiler 2-5; Gee 8-13
Cle-Chi: Carrasco 6-23; Gonzalez 9-19
Tex-Hst: Perez 12-29; Fister 3-28
Sea-LA: Miranda 3-6; Nolasco 11-28

LA-NY: DeLeon 0-1; Mitchell 0-0

Teams’ records in first five innings:

Team (road-home-total)- thru 9/11

Arizona 24-36-11…..29-37-5…….53-72
Atlanta 27-36-11…..22-33-13……49-69
Cubs 37-25-9……43-21-8…….80-46
Reds 20-42-9……31-35-5…….51-77
Colo 27-32-12…..33-34-4…….60-66
LA 28-31-9……46-21-8…….73-52
Miami 30-30-10…..32-24-16…..62-54
Milw 23-39-8……40-24-10…..63-63
Mets 31-43-9……33-26-11……64-59
Philly 24-32-18…..24-32-13……48-62
Pitt 20-36-12…..42-26-6……62-61
St. Louis 33-31-7……28-31-12…….61-62
SD 22-46-4…..32-34-6……..54-80
SF 33-35-7…….34-20-13……67-55
Wash 36-22-14….29-21-21…….65-43

Orioles 28-36-9…….36-27-8……..64-63
Boston 30-30-11……43-18-9…….73-48
White Sox 31-31-9…….38-30-4……..69-61
Cleveland 37-26-8……35-29-6……..72-55
Detroit 30-32-9…….31-33-4……..61-65
Astros 29-33-11…..33-28-7……..62-61
KC 28-37-11……28-25-13……56-62
Angels 30-37-7…….25-31-12……55-68
Twins 25-35-12…….25-38-13…..50-73
NYY 23-38-8……34-30-11…….57-68
A’s 22-38-8……26-35-14…….48-72
Seattle 33-29-10……33-25-12……66-54
Tampa Bay 23-31-12……32-33-12……55-64
Texas 27-38-10…….35-24-9……62-62
Toronto 42-24-5……..40-28-4……82-52

Tokens
Monday’s six-pack

Six most popular picks in the Westgate Super Contest in Las Vegas:

6) Jets +2.5– 403– W

5) Ravens -3– 411– W

4) Texans -6– 419– W

3) Giants -1.5– 428– L

2) Cardinals -6– 452– L

1) Lions +3.5– 465– W (4-2 in Week 1)

Top Six picks in 2015: 52-51-2 vs spread

Tokens
'MLB: Streaks, Tips, Notes'

Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers September 12, 7:10 EST

Sometimes in sports a team just has another team's number and that's the case for Detroit Tigers when it comes to Minnesota Twins. Tigers have won ten of twelve meetings this season. Twins leaving the comfort of Target Field is another obstacle for the club. Twins have lost ten consecutive games in an opposing park.

Colorado Rockies at Arizona Diamondbacks September 12, 9:40 EST

D-Backs' Shelby Miller has lost five straight and has just 2 wins in 16 starts with Arizona. Looking back to his days with Atlanta, the right-hander has now managed just three wins in his last 40 starts for Atlanta/Arizona with his teams 7-33 over the span. Miller carries a 0-4 record, 1-4 TSR last 5 vs Rockies.

Tokens
MLB

Monday, September 12

Trend Report

7:05 PM
LA DODGERS vs. NY YANKEES
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games on the road
LA Dodgers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games on the road
NY Yankees are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees's last 10 games

PITTSBURGH vs. PHILADELPHIA
Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Philadelphia's last 8 games when playing Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 6 games

NY METS vs. WASHINGTON
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Mets's last 9 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets's last 5 games when playing Washington
Washington is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Washington is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games

7:07 PM
TAMPA BAY vs. TORONTO
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay's last 6 games when playing on the road against Toronto
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Tampa Bay's last 11 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Toronto's last 9 games when playing Tampa Bay
Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay

7:10 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. CINCINNATI
Milwaukee is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cincinnati's last 8 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games at home

BALTIMORE vs. BOSTON
Baltimore is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Baltimore's last 13 games
Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore
Boston is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home

MINNESOTA vs. DETROIT
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Minnesota is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing Detroit
Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
Detroit is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home

MIAMI vs. ATLANTA
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Miami's last 6 games on the road
Miami is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta's last 6 games
Atlanta is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home

7:15 PM
OAKLAND vs. KANSAS CITY
Oakland is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Oakland's last 12 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kansas City's last 6 games at home
Kansas City is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home

8:10 PM
TEXAS vs. HOUSTON
Texas is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
The total has gone OVER in 11 of Texas's last 13 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston's last 6 games at home
Houston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home

8:10 PM
CLEVELAND vs. CHI WHITE SOX
Cleveland is 9-3 SU in their last 12 games when playing on the road against Chi White Sox
The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Cleveland's last 23 games when playing on the road against Chi White Sox
Chi White Sox are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Chi White Sox are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games when playing Cleveland

8:15 PM
CHI CUBS vs. ST. LOUIS
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs's last 9 games
Chi Cubs are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
St. Louis is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing Chi Cubs
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis's last 7 games at home

9:40 PM
COLORADO vs. ARIZONA
Colorado is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado's last 5 games when playing Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing Colorado
Arizona is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Colorado

10:05 PM
SEATTLE vs. LA ANGELS
Seattle is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing LA Angels
Seattle is 4-8 SU in their last 12 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 6 games when playing Seattle
LA Angels are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Seattle

10:15 PM
SAN DIEGO vs. SAN FRANCISCO
San Diego is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Diego's last 9 games when playing San Francisco
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games at home

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

Monday, September 12

LA Dodgers @ NY Yankees

Game 929-930
September 12, 2016 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(DeLeon) 14.883
NY Yankees
(Mitchell) 16.333
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Yankees
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
Dunkel Pick:
NY Yankees
(+100); Under

Seattle @ LA Angels

Game 927-928
September 12, 2016 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Seattle
(Miranda) 16.505
LA Angels
(Nolasco) 13.383
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Seattle
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Angels
Dunkel Pick:
Seattle
(+100); Over

Texas @ Houston

Game 925-926
September 12, 2016 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Perez) 14.905
Houston
(Fister) 16.791
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
Dunkel Pick:
Houston
(-130); Under

Cleveland @ Chicago White Sox

Game 923-924
September 12, 2016 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cleveland
(Carrasco) 15.122
Chicago White Sox
(Gnzalez) 17.657
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
(+140); Over

Oakland @ Kansas City

Game 921-922
September 12, 2016 @ 7:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Oakland
(Detwiler) 16.643
Kansas City
(Gee) 14.152
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Oakland
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Kansas City
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Oakland
(+140); Over

Minnesota @ Detroit

Game 919-920
September 12, 2016 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Minnesota
(Santana) 14.283
Detroit
(Norris) 18.157
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Detroit
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Detroit
Dunkel Pick:
Detroit
(-160); Over

Baltimore @ Boston

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
Baltimore
(Miley) 13.643
Boston
(Price) 16.233
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
9 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(-220); Under

Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Game 915-916
September 12, 2016 @ 7:07 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Tampa Bay
(Odrizzi) 14.462
Toronto
(Liriano) 18.901
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Toronto
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
Dunkel Pick:
Toronto
(-155); Over

San Diego @ San Francisco

Game 913-914
September 12, 2016 @ 10:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Diego
(Clemens) 14.436
San Francisco
(Smrdzja) 15.368
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Francisco
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Francisco
Dunkel Pick:
San Francisco
(-240); Under

Colorado @ Arizona

Game 911-912
September 12, 2016 @ 9:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Colorado
(Andrson) 16.903
Arizona
(Miller) 15.304
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Colorado
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Colorado
9 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Colorado
(-120); Under

Chicago Cubs @ St. Louis

Game 909-910
September 12, 2016 @ 8:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago Cubs
(Hendrcks) 18.617
St. Louis
(Leake) 17.152
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-160); Under

Milwaukee @ Cincinnati

Game 907-908

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
(Peralta) 13.685
Cincinnati
(Sampson) 17.522
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cincinnati
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cincinnati
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Cincinnati
(-150); Over

Miami @ Atlanta

Game 905-906

Dunkel Rating:
Miami
(Cashner) 14.283
Atlanta
(Fltynwicz) 15.622
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Atlanta
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(-115); Under

NY Mets @ Washington

Game 903-904

Dunkel Rating:
NY Mets
(Montero) 16.000
Washington
(Latos) 15.154
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Mets
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
NY Mets
(-115); Under

Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia

Game 901-902

Dunkel Rating:
Pittsburgh
(Cole) 13.000
Philadelphia
(Hellckson) 14.905
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Philadelphia
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Pittsburgh
Dunkel Pick:
Philadelphia
(+115); Over

Tokens
MLB
Long Sheet

Monday, September 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITTSBURGH (69 - 72) at PHILADELPHIA (63 - 80) - 7:05 PM
GERRIT COLE (R) vs. JEREMY HELLICKSON (R)
Top Trends for this game.
PITTSBURGH is 69-72 (-11.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 2-8 (-10.2 Units) against the money line in September games this season.
PITTSBURGH is 69-72 (-11.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
PITTSBURGH is 51-63 (-23.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
PITTSBURGH is 31-41 (-15.2 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
COLE is 8-12 (-9.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
COLE is 8-12 (-9.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
PHILADELPHIA is 42-51 (+4.2 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 37-42 (+6.9 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
PITTSBURGH is 78-70 (+10.3 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 16-7 (+11.5 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Monday over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 2-14 (-12.6 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Monday over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 2-11 (-9.6 Units) against the money line in home games after 3 or more consecutive losses this season.
HELLICKSON is 0-10 (-11.3 Units) against the money line in September games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

Head-to-Head Series History
PHILADELPHIA is 1-2 (+0.4 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.9 Units)

GERRIT COLE vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
COLE is 3-2 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 2.15 and a WHIP of 1.057.
His team's record is 3-2 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-2. (+0.6 units)

JEREMY HELLICKSON vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
HELLICKSON is 1-1 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.300.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.4 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY METS (76 - 67) at WASHINGTON (85 - 58) - 7:05 PM
RAFAEL MONTERO (R) vs. MAT LATOS (R)
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

WASHINGTON is 10-6 (+3.5 Units) against NY METS this season
10 of 16 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+3.6 Units)

RAFAEL MONTERO vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
MONTERO is 0-1 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 9.00 and a WHIP of 1.800.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.4 units)

MAT LATOS vs. NY METS since 1997
LATOS is 2-4 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 2.92 and a WHIP of 1.191.
His team's record is 6-5 (-0.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-4. (+1.9 units)

MIAMI (71 - 72) at ATLANTA (55 - 88) - 7:10 PM
ANDREW CASHNER (R) vs. MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ (R)
MIAMI is 24-33 (-13.9 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
MIAMI is 49-61 (-18.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
ATLANTA is 31-25 (+19.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
MIAMI is 16-8 (+10.5 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 to +125 this season.
MIAMI is 28-23 (+9.1 Units) against the money line in road games in night games this season.
ATLANTA is 23-45 (-17.9 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
ATLANTA is 23-45 (-17.9 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
ATLANTA is 14-36 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season.
ATLANTA is 17-33 (-13.4 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters this season.
ATLANTA is 96-125 (-36.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

ATLANTA is 8-4 (+8.1 Units) against MIAMI this season
8 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.7 Units)

ANDREW CASHNER vs. ATLANTA since 1997
CASHNER is 1-0 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 3.68 and a WHIP of 1.227.
His team's record is 2-0 (+2.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ vs. MIAMI since 1997
FOLTYNEWICZ is 1-0 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 4.15 and a WHIP of 1.499.
His team's record is 2-0 (+2.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.1 units)

MILWAUKEE (64 - 79) at CINCINNATI (60 - 82) - 7:10 PM
WILY PERALTA (R) vs. KEYVIUS SAMPSON (R)
MILWAUKEE is 36-63 (-22.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
MILWAUKEE is 41-53 (-24.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 20-18 (+11.6 Units) against the money line in September games over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 123-181 (-39.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 123-181 (-39.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 388-416 (-96.9 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 9-22 (-13.9 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive wins over the last 3 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 383-353 (-89.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

CINCINNATI is 7-6 (+1.5 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
9 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+6.7 Units)

WILY PERALTA vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
PERALTA is 5-4 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.139.
His team's record is 6-6 (+0.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-8. (-4.3 units)

KEYVIUS SAMPSON vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
SAMPSON is 0-1 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 10.79 and a WHIP of 2.549.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

CHICAGO CUBS (91 - 51) at ST LOUIS (75 - 67) - 8:15 PM
KYLE HENDRICKS (R) vs. MIKE LEAKE (R)
CHICAGO CUBS are 1579-1674 (-260.5 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1522-1587 (-235.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1159-1243 (-197.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 761-818 (-184.0 Units) against the money line after a win since 1997.
ST LOUIS is 249-157 (+65.7 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 71-32 (+23.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 26-9 (+14.0 Units) against the money line as a road favorite of -125 to -150 over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 97-81 (+26.2 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Monday since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 111-67 (+21.3 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 75-67 (-6.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ST LOUIS is 32-39 (-24.0 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
ST LOUIS is 75-67 (-6.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
ST LOUIS is 21-26 (-16.3 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season.
ST LOUIS is 25-26 (-12.2 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters this season.
ST LOUIS is 16-23 (-13.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

ST LOUIS is 7-6 (+4.3 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
7 of 13 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.7 Units)

KYLE HENDRICKS vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
HENDRICKS is 0-2 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 4.31 and a WHIP of 1.135.
His team's record is 3-4 (-1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-2. (+3.0 units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
LEAKE is 9-3 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.24 and a WHIP of 1.129.
His team's record is 14-7 (+7.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 10-10. (-0.8 units)

COLORADO (69 - 74) at ARIZONA (58 - 84) - 9:40 PM
TYLER ANDERSON (L) vs. SHELBY MILLER (R)
COLORADO is 94-119 (-39.0 Units) against the money line on the road with a money line of -100 to -125 since 1997.
COLORADO is 632-985 (-181.4 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
COLORADO is 576-905 (-164.4 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field since 1997.
COLORADO is 81-120 (-30.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 26-31 (-13.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
COLORADO is 52-50 (+3.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
ARIZONA is 58-84 (-24.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ARIZONA is 15-30 (-16.6 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
ARIZONA is 13-30 (-16.1 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 25-46 (-28.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
ARIZONA is 12-23 (-13.4 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
ARIZONA is 24-39 (-14.8 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
ARIZONA is 57-83 (-25.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
ARIZONA is 40-56 (-18.1 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
ARIZONA is 12-18 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
MILLER is 15-34 (-18.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILLER is 6-19 (-14.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILLER is 14-34 (-19.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILLER is 7-27 (-21.3 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILLER is 6-16 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILLER is 1-8 (-8.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

COLORADO is 9-7 (+1.6 Units) against ARIZONA this season
12 of 15 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+8.8 Units)

TYLER ANDERSON vs. ARIZONA since 1997
ANDERSON is 0-0 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 3.17 and a WHIP of 1.764.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

SHELBY MILLER vs. COLORADO since 1997
MILLER is 2-4 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 5.80 and a WHIP of 1.533.
His team's record is 3-5 (-2.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-5. (-4.0 units)

SAN DIEGO (59 - 84) at SAN FRANCISCO (77 - 65) - 10:15 PM
PAUL CLEMENS (R) vs. JEFF SAMARDZIJA (R)
SAN FRANCISCO is 549-365 (+80.7 Units) against the money line in home games after a win since 1997.
SAN DIEGO is 46-51 (+10.7 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SAN DIEGO is 40-44 (+11.8 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 19-29 (-16.4 Units) against the money line when playing on Monday over the last 3 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 74-65 (-7.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 46-46 (-10.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SAN FRANCISCO is 51-46 (-11.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
SAMARDZIJA is 39-55 (-24.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 2-8 (-8.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 20-26 (-12.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 37-54 (-26.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAMARDZIJA is 20-27 (-13.2 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

SAN FRANCISCO is 9-3 (+2.7 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
8 of 12 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+3.7 Units)

PAUL CLEMENS vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
No recent starts.

JEFF SAMARDZIJA vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
SAMARDZIJA is 5-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 3.44 and a WHIP of 1.146.
His team's record is 6-2 (+3.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-5. (-2.4 units)

TAMPA BAY (60 - 82) at TORONTO (78 - 64) - 7:05 PM
JAKE ODORIZZI (R) vs. FRANCISCO LIRIANO (L)
TAMPA BAY is 60-82 (-27.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 4-14 (-10.8 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
TAMPA BAY is 25-42 (-15.9 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 20-33 (-16.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Monday over the last 3 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 35-53 (-22.3 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 125-139 (-42.3 Units) against the money line in games played on artificial turf over the last 3 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 28-52 (-25.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
TORONTO is 78-64 (-6.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.

TAMPA BAY is 9-7 (+3.6 Units) against TORONTO this season
9 of 15 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.5 Units)

JAKE ODORIZZI vs. TORONTO since 1997
ODORIZZI is 3-2 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 3.64 and a WHIP of 1.180.
His team's record is 4-6 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-4. (+0.2 units)

FRANCISCO LIRIANO vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
LIRIANO is 2-3 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 4.93 and a WHIP of 1.379.
His team's record is 3-5 (-2.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-4. (-0.6 units)

BALTIMORE (78 - 64) at BOSTON (80 - 62) - 7:10 PM
WADE MILEY (L) vs. DAVID PRICE (L)
BALTIMORE is 38-61 (-20.5 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
PRICE is 82-36 (+31.0 Units) against the money line against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)
BALTIMORE is 78-64 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BALTIMORE is 32-27 (+8.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
BALTIMORE is 71-55 (+13.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
BALTIMORE is 45-32 (+12.3 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
BALTIMORE is 40-36 (+7.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BALTIMORE is 73-61 (+20.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 229-238 (-35.8 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 650-585 (-81.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 since 1997.
BOSTON is 118-116 (-32.6 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 12-15 (-10.4 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
BOSTON is 137-129 (-50.8 Units) against the money line in home games in September games since 1997.
BOSTON is 45-59 (-27.4 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 139-130 (-13.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 25-24 (-12.4 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season.
BOSTON is 108-121 (-27.9 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 29-37 (-19.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 21-35 (-20.2 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
PRICE is 33-36 (-26.8 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997. (Team's Record)

BALTIMORE is 6-6 (+2.1 Units) against BOSTON this season
6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.7 Units)

WADE MILEY vs. BOSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

DAVID PRICE vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
PRICE is 9-6 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 2.83 and a WHIP of 1.145.
His team's record is 12-11 (-7.9 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 14-9. (+3.3 units)

MINNESOTA (53 - 90) at DETROIT (76 - 66) - 7:10 PM
ERVIN SANTANA (R) vs. DANIEL NORRIS (L)
MINNESOTA is 53-90 (-26.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MINNESOTA is 7-23 (-13.1 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 19-44 (-20.4 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
MINNESOTA is 51-86 (-24.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
MINNESOTA is 35-55 (-12.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
MINNESOTA is 28-61 (-28.8 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
SANTANA is 2-12 (-11.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SANTANA is 7-17 (-10.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season. (Team's Record)
DETROIT is 76-66 (+13.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
DETROIT is 71-63 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
DETROIT is 54-45 (+13.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
SANTANA is 54-36 (+22.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1997. (Team's Record)
DETROIT is 48-52 (-22.5 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

DETROIT is 10-2 (+7.4 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.9 Units)

ERVIN SANTANA vs. DETROIT since 1997
SANTANA is 9-3 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 3.14 and a WHIP of 1.110.
His team's record is 12-5 (+7.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-12. (-9.1 units)

DANIEL NORRIS vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
NORRIS is 1-0 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 2.70 and a WHIP of 0.700.
His team's record is 2-0 (+2.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.1 units)

OAKLAND (60 - 82) at KANSAS CITY (74 - 68) - 7:15 PM
ROSS DETWILER (L) vs. DILLON GEE (R)
OAKLAND is 60-82 (-16.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
OAKLAND is 21-42 (-30.5 Units) against the money line in September games over the last 3 seasons.
OAKLAND is 57-79 (-17.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
OAKLAND is 82-107 (-22.0 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 30-51 (-18.7 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
OAKLAND is 43-74 (-25.5 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
OAKLAND is 16-47 (-26.2 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 74-68 (+9.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 42-25 (+17.0 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 18-7 (+10.9 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
KANSAS CITY is 72-63 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
KANSAS CITY is 55-51 (+5.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 40-34 (+8.3 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
KANSAS CITY is 80-59 (+14.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

OAKLAND is 2-1 (+0.8 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.2 Units)

ROSS DETWILER vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
DETWILER is 0-1 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 5.40 and a WHIP of 2.000.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-0. (+0.0 units)

DILLON GEE vs. OAKLAND since 1997
GEE is 0-2 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 7.45 and a WHIP of 1.965.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-2. (-2.1 units)

CLEVELAND (83 - 59) at CHI WHITE SOX (68 - 74) - 8:10 PM
CARLOS CARRASCO (R) vs. MIGUEL GONZALEZ (R)
CLEVELAND is 155-134 (-11.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 30-21 (+14.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Monday over the last 3 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 44-19 (+19.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
CLEVELAND is 98-74 (+40.0 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Monday since 1997.
CLEVELAND is 38-18 (+12.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
CLEVELAND is 59-34 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 19-32 (-15.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 25-37 (-15.2 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 108-127 (-22.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

CLEVELAND is 9-3 (+5.0 Units) against CHI WHITE SOX this season
6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.9 Units)

CARLOS CARRASCO vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
CARRASCO is 3-8 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 5.55 and a WHIP of 1.355.
His team's record is 5-10 (-8.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 7-7. (-1.2 units)

MIGUEL GONZALEZ vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
GONZALEZ is 3-0 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 3.26 and a WHIP of 1.344.
His team's record is 3-0 (+3.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+1.1 units)

TEXAS (85 - 59) at HOUSTON (75 - 68) - 8:10 PM
MARTIN PEREZ (L) vs. DOUG FISTER (R)
TEXAS is 85-59 (+30.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TEXAS is 43-22 (+23.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
TEXAS is 38-37 (+8.4 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
TEXAS is 37-27 (+16.6 Units) against the money line in September games over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 40-24 (+19.8 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
TEXAS is 83-54 (+33.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
TEXAS is 62-39 (+27.5 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
TEXAS is 63-41 (+24.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
TEXAS is 32-26 (+8.6 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
TEXAS is 37-23 (+18.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
TEXAS is 40-32 (+14.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 75-68 (-6.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
HOUSTON is 15-22 (-13.3 Units) against the money line in September games over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 53-55 (-16.6 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 39-45 (-11.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

TEXAS is 13-3 (+12.1 Units) against HOUSTON this season
7 of 15 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-1.5 Units, Under=-0.4 Units)

MARTIN PEREZ vs. HOUSTON since 1997
PEREZ is 5-3 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 2.45 and a WHIP of 1.218.
His team's record is 5-3 (+2.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-6. (-4.2 units)

DOUG FISTER vs. TEXAS since 1997
FISTER is 6-6 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 4.95 and a WHIP of 1.438.
His team's record is 6-9 (-2.9 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 8-5. (+2.4 units)

SEATTLE (75 - 68) at LA ANGELS (63 - 79) - 10:05 PM
ARIEL MIRANDA (L) vs. RICKY NOLASCO (R)
SEATTLE is 151-154 (-21.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 143-150 (-26.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 66-83 (-30.3 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 368-341 (-83.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record in the second half of the season since 1997.
SEATTLE is 52-36 (+10.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
SEATTLE is 41-29 (+13.2 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 58-77 (-18.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
NOLASCO is 2-11 (-9.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season. (Team's Record)

LA ANGELS is 8-8 (+0.6 Units) against SEATTLE this season
9 of 16 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

ARIEL MIRANDA vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
MIRANDA is 1-0 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 5.73 and a WHIP of 1.364.
His team's record is 1-1 (-0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.1 units)

RICKY NOLASCO vs. SEATTLE since 1997
NOLASCO is 1-3 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 4.24 and a WHIP of 1.286.
His team's record is 1-3 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.3 units)

LA DODGERS (80 - 62) at NY YANKEES (76 - 66) - 7:05 PM
JOSE DE LEON (R) vs. BRYAN MITCHELL (R)
LA DODGERS are 80-62 (-3.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA DODGERS are 33-35 (-9.1 Units) against the money line in road games this season.
LA DODGERS are 65-102 (-36.2 Units) against the money line in road games in an inter-league game since 1997.
LA DODGERS are 77-60 (-5.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA DODGERS are 54-49 (-13.8 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
LA DODGERS are 55-61 (-24.6 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 76-66 (+6.7 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
NY YANKEES are 73-57 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
NY YANKEES are 28-15 (+10.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games this season.
NY YANKEES are 57-46 (+7.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
NY YANKEES are 40-35 (+7.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
NY YANKEES are 29-19 (+12.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.

JOSE DE LEON vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
No recent starts.

BRYAN MITCHELL vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
No recent starts.

Tokens
Anyone know number of times picked numbers for tonights games?

HILTON CONTEST

TOP 5 CONSENSUS AND NUMBER TIMES PICKED:

1 Det( ) +3.5 465
2 ARI( ) -6 452
3 Nyg( ) -1.5 428
4 HOU( ) -6 419
5 BAL( ) -3 411

BY DIFFERNTIAL

1 ARI( ) -6 283
2 Det( ) +3.5 272
3 BAL( ) -3 230
4 Nyg( ) -1.5 196
5 Cle( ) +4 167

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
summitfence089
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com