Lloyd Carr Resigning Monday

Search

Tokens
I can almost garantee if he resigns they will offer the job to Les Miles. Miles has a paragraph in his contract that directly deals with him leaving for Michigan. It explains what the buyout would be and it isn't much. 1.25 mil. Michigan just paid a 1.5 mil buyout for their basketball coach. Most people think LSU is a way better job than Michigan and to most people it might be but to Miles it might not be. He is a Michigan man. He played there, coached there and met his wife there. So to him Michigan may be his dream job. Which is why he has the Michigan job paragraph in his LSU contract.

ECS

Cincinnati: F U Mike Brown
Tokens
Lets hope Michigan stays with Carr then, would hate to get some new blood up their

Tokens
I can almost garantee if he resigns they will offer the job to Les Miles. Miles has a paragraph in his contract that directly deals with him leaving for Michigan. It explains what the buyout would be and it isn't much. 1.25 mil. Michigan just paid a 1.5 mil buyout for their basketball coach. Most people think LSU is a way better job than Michigan and to most people it might be but to Miles it might not be. He is a Michigan man. He played there, coached there and met his wife there. So to him Michigan may be his dream job. Which is why he has the Michigan job paragraph in his LSU contract.

WELCOME HOME MR. MILES :toast:

Tokens
ESPN just annouced that Carr is likely to step down at the Monday press conference. When he was asked about resigning in the post game presser today he said today is not the day to talk about it.

This could provide a good betting opportunity for whoever plays LSU if they are in the national championship game. Miles will be getting print about becoming the next coach and that will be a distraction to LSU. Go back and look at the bowl records of teams that have a coach either leaving or talking about leaving. It's terrible

Tokens
I can see BO turning over in his grave the first time Les Miles goes to one of his nutty plays or goes for it on fourth and one.

I need a new drug!
Tokens
Reminds me a lot of when we had Cooper Mich. fans did not want him to leave. Let's hope they replace with Les Miles he will be no match for Tressel either. :drink:

Tokens
Reminds me a lot of when we had Cooper Mich. fans did not want him to leave. Let's hope they replace with Les Miles he will be no match for Tressel either. :drink:

Amen Brother I drink to that :toast:

EV Whore
Tokens
You still dont get it. If you lose every year to OSU and your bowl opponent your eroding. They were dominated by both OSU and USC last year. And the year before, and the year before. John Copper's last 6 years at OSU he won 8, 6, 11, 10, 11, and 11 games. That is also when Michigan hired Carr. In those 6 years Cooper was averaging 9.5 wins a year and was #2 in the country two times coming into the Michigan game. Both times Michigan won the game denying OSU a chance to win the national championship. He was fired because of that. And there isn't a OSU fan in the world that will tell you different. Cooper was fired because he couldn't beat Michigan. Period. And Carr will probably retire after this year because of the heat put on him for not beating OSU.

I absolutely despise the Buckeyes. But...B-I-N-G-O on that post. Iceman, you have to experience the importance of that game to understand (that is not a shot at you).

Tokens
I absolutely despise the Buckeyes. But...B-I-N-G-O on that post. Iceman, you have to experience the importance of that game to understand (that is not a shot at you).

thanks buddy. I think its just a thing of you really have to be a hardcore fan of one of the teams to truely understand. If your a michigan fan you cannot lose 6 of 7 to OSU. That has never happened in the 104 year history of the series. And if your a OSU fan you cannot go 2-10-1 against Michigan as Cooper did. Both of those things will cost you your job. It may be unfair but thats how it is. And when you do go 1-6 against OSU and lose every bowl game and lose to teams like App. St. your in real trouble. Carr is a great man and does so many good thing for the University but his playcalling is mostly from the 1980's. I hope he stays employed by the athletic department but not as the head coach anymore. Maybe a assistent AD or something.

Rx Wizard
Tokens

I was a Michigan season ticket holder for 2 years. I have kept up with them for close to 30 years. I am about as big a Wolverine fan as anyone you know. Not some bandwagon fan who wears there shirt but as hardcore fan thru and thru. Be willing to say I know more about them than anyone on here. I am really down on CFB right now for alot of reasons. Hell I am actually reading the newest Bo Schembechler book right now. Sorry I dont agree but I do think Michigan fans are some of te biggest crybabies out there.

Remember one thing Carr retired and was NEVER FIRED OR WOULD HE EVER BE FIRED. There is no way Michigan would ever do that, that is not how they operate. They would never fire a guy over a 6 game record, espically when he is 6-7 against OSU, 16-9 against top 10 teams, coming off a NC run last year and the 6th highest win pct in Big Ten history. He did nothing worng yesterday. The Buckeyes played a better game. They ran the ball better and Henne and the passing game was non exstint due to injuries and the weather. That's not coaching that is players. But let me guess people are blaming Carr for this loss. The O and D line got beat and that is a fact. This is Michgan fans problem they blame the coaches not the players. In for a rude awakening now with this hiring as this program will most likely go backwards and people will freak out if this happens. Now we will see who the true fans are.

Official Rx music critic and beer snob
Tokens
Bottom line Iceman is he brought in those players. They have been very soft on D for the last few years now. I will not blame Henne or Hart for the loss, but they are supposed to have all these playmakers from the Ann Arbor Hype Machine I hear about, where were they? Carr has done a very commendable job but you can see the program needs a change.

People dog ND but they ran Willingham out because they can see the program sliding the wrong way. Same applies here. You are right, they would never fire Carr, just reassign him.

Tokens
Got a big 10 question, if OSU makes the BCS game, does the 2nd place team go to the Rose Bowl? If so what is the determining tie breaker between Illinois and Michigan?

Official Rx music critic and beer snob
Tokens
Got am big 10 question, if OSU makes the BCS game does the 2nd place team go to the Rose Bowl? If so what is the determining tie breaker between Illinois and Michigan?

I think the Big 10 runnerup has to be in the top-8 in the BCS poll. Since that won't happen, Michigan will be the choice of the Florida bowls because how well they travel.

<table class="bdy" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="10">
</td> <td style="background-image: url(/id/7894683); background-repeat: no-repeat;" width="440"> <!-- ====================== start: STORY BODY ========================= --> <!-- =============== HEADLINE =================== --> BCS Selection Policies and Procedures
<!-- =============== BYLINE =================== --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="440"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td>
<!-- Meta Tag For Search --> <!-- meta name="author" content="ROB MAADDI"--> <!-- meta name="source" content="AP"--> <!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--> <!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--> <!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="7"--> <!-- meta name="blurb" content="T.O. is a no-show. All-Pro wide receiver Terrell Owens skipped the Philadelphia Eagles' first minicamp practice on Friday, presumably because he wants a new contract."--> <!-- meta name="modDate" content="February 19, 2006 20:11:42 GMT"--> 20 hours ago <script> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </script> </td> <td width="10"> </td> <td align="right"> <!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td><!-- workingCategoryId: 5-->
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<script> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </script> Bowl Championship Series Selection Policies and Procedures, 2007-2010 Games:
Automatic Qualification1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings shall play in the National Championship Game.
2. The champions of the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10, and Southeastern conferences will have automatic berths in one of the participating bowls after the 2006 and 2007 regular seasons.
3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:
A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.
No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be in the pool of teams eligible for selection by the bowls as at-large teams.
4. Notre Dame will have an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.
5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.
6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if no team qualifies under paragraph No. 5 and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.
<hr width="90%"> At-Large Eligibility
If there are fewer than 10 automatic qualifiers, then the bowls will select at-large participants to fill the remaining berths. At at-large team is any Football Bowl Subdivision team that is bowl-eligible and meets the following requirements:
A. Has won at least nine regular-season games, and
B. Is among the top 14 teams in the final BCS Standings.
No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections.
If fewer than 10 teams are eligible for selection, then an at-large team will be any Football Bowl Subdivision team that is bowl-eligible, has won at least nine regular-season games and is among the top 18 teams in the final BCS Standings.
If fewer than 10 teams are eligible after expanding the at-large pool to 18 as noted above, then the at-large pool will continue to be expanded by four additional positions in the BCS Standings until 10 or more teams are eligible.
Note: in order to participate in a BCS Bowl game, a team (i) must be eligible for post-season play under the rules of the NCAA and, if it not an independent, under the rules of its conference and (ii) must not have imposed sanctions upon itself prohibiting participation in a post-season game for infractions of the rules of the NCAA or the rules of its conference.
<hr width="90%"> Team-Selection Procedures
The bowls will select their participants from two pools: (1) automatic qualifiers, all of which must be selected, and, (2) at-large teams, if fewer than 10 teams qualify automatically. The following sequence will be used when establishing pairings:
1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will be placed in the National Championship Game ("NCG").
2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:
Atlantic Coast Conference-Orange Bowl
Big Ten Conference-Rose Bowl
Big 12 Conference-Fiesta Bowl
Pac-10 Conference-Rose Bowl
Southeastern Conference-Sugar Bowl
3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-10 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.
A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:
A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same Conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.
4. After steps No. 1, 2 and 3 have been completed, any bowl with an unfilled slot shall select a team from the automatic qualifiers and/or at-large teams in the following order:
A. The bowl played on the date nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Orange Bowl) will pick first;
B. The bowl played on the date second-nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Fiesta Bowl) will pick second;
C. The bowl hosting the game that is played in the time slot immediately after the Rose Bowl game (for 2008, Sugar Bowl) will pick third.
The rotation noted in paragraphs A, B and C is as follows:
January 2007 games: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta
January 2008 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar
January 2009 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange
January 2010 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar
All teams earning automatic berths must be selected.
5. After completion of the selection process as described in Paragraph Nos. 1-4, the conferences and Notre Dame may, but are not required to, adjust the pairings taking into consideration the following:
A. whether the same team will be playing in the same bowl game for two consecutive years;
B. whether two teams that played against one another in the regular season will be paired against one another in a bowl game;
C. whether the same two teams will play against each other in a bowl game for two consecutive years; and
D. whether alternative pairings may have greater or lesser appeal to college football fans as measured by expected ticket sales for the bowls and by expected television interest, and the consequent financial impact on Fox and the bowls.
<hr width="90%"> Tie-Breaking Procedure
The following steps will be used to resolve any ties in the standings after the computation is carried out to full decimal points:
A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:
1. Look to head-to-head result;
2. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph No. 1, then evaluate results against the highest-ranked common opponent in the BCS standings;
3. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph Nos. 1-2, then calculate tied teams' place in BCS Standings using all six computer providers (i.e., do not throw out the high and low computer rankings) and the Harris and Coaches polls;
4. If the tie is not resolved by paragraph Nos. 1-3, then draw.
<hr width="90%"> Conference Automatic Qualification in Future
The Football Bowl Subdivision conferences have developed standards for annual automatic qualification for conference champions after the 2008 and 2009 regular seasons. The standards are based on performance during the 2004-2007 regular seasons. The computation will be based upon each conference's membership as of December 3, 2007. Such standards will not prohibit the champion of any conference that has contracted with a bowl to play in any particular game from playing in one of the participating BCS bowls. For example, the Big Ten and Pac-10 champions will, by contract, play in the Rose Bowl every year unless one or both qualifies for the National Championship Game.
<!-- ====================== end: STORY BODY ========================= --> </td> <td width="10">
</td> <td style="background-color: rgb(65, 34, 26);" width="10">
</td> <td width="280"> <!-- =================== start: STORY TOOLS ====================== --> <script> function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "T.O.'s a no-show at Eagles' first practice"; var url = document.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; window.location.href = destination; } </script> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr align="center"> <td style="padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 20px;" align="left">Story Tools:</td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr align="center"> <td>
</td> <td> Print </td> <td> Email </td> <td> Blog This </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- =================== end: STORY TOOLS ====================== --> <!-- ====================== start: BCS NEWS ========================= --> • All the BCS needs is some adjustments
Q&A: Chances are still stacked against playoff
South Florida's rise shows flaws in BCS
Former Buckeye: BCS here to stay
Michigan upset proves BCS worth

<!-- ====================== end: BCS NEWS ========================= --> <!-- =================== start: COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS ====================== --> • Arizona upsets No. 2 Oregon
Reesing leads Kansas past Iowa State
Feeling rosy: OSU tops Michigan for Big 10 title
Maclin sets record in Mizzou win over K-State
Sloppy Georgia gets by Kentucky in key win
Ryan lifts Boston College past Clemson
Tebow sees 20/20 in Florida rout of Fla. Atlantic
'Bama stunned at home by Louisiana-Monroe
Illini has no hangover effect, routs N'western

<!-- =================== end: COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS ====================== --> <!-- ================== start: BCS STANDINGS ===================== --> <table cellpading="0" class="shoppingModule" bgcolor="#f2f8f8" border="0" cellspacing="0" width="280"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 8px;" valign="top"> </td> <td style="padding: 8px;" align="left" valign="top"> <table class="shoppingModule" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding-bottom: 4px;">USC Trojans Authentic Helmet</td></tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top">Stay connected to the game with this USC Trojans Authentic Full Size Helmet*.</td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding-top: 4px;"> Price: 189.95</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding: 8px;" valign="top"> </td> <td style="padding: 8px;" align="left" valign="top"> <table class="shoppingModule" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding-bottom: 4px;">2007 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl DVD</td></tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top">The 2007 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl had it all - trickery, drama and a win by the underdog as Boise State downed Oklahoma, 43-42 in overtime, in one of the most dramatic finishes in BCS history!</td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding-top: 4px;"> Price: 24.95</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="right"> View More Products

</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- ================== end: BCS STANDINGS ===================== --> <!-- ================== start: FREE VIDEO ===================== -->

Highlights: Ohio State/Michigan
Ohio State clinches the Big Ten championship with a 14-3 win over rival Michigan. Check out highlights of the game. More BCSFootball Video
• Miles talks win over Ole Miss
• Highlights: Missouri/K-State
• Highlights: Northwestern/Illinois

Video Home​

<!-- ================== end: FREE VIDEO ===================== --> </td> <td style="background-color: rgb(65, 34, 26);" width="10">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- =================== start: FOOTER ====================== --> <table style="background-color: rgb(65, 34, 26);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770"><tbody><tr height="8"><td colspan="3">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tokens
I hope Carr stays, it's not like he's a mediocre coach, it's a tough job and he's coaching off his title laurels.

If Miles takes over...another 1-6 record v. OSU and Tressel...before he's asked to resign.

Tokens
Fairwarning,
Thanks, I think, all that reading brought back my hangover headache.

ball dont lie
Tokens
As a Michigan State and Ohio State fan it's going to suck to see him go because whoever they bring in will probably be an upgrade.

The guy is a good coach and all, but never viewed him as a top notch great or anything. Way too conservative and little to no emotion on the sidelines seems like.

Times have probably passed the guy by. They need a fresh spark and someone with some bark and bite to bring some fresh energy and ntensity and to restore order.

Probably Les Miles, but I thought Urban Meyer had an out in his contract as well if Michigan ever had an opening.

Tokens
How bout Brian Kelly of Cincy. That would be a trip both Michigan schools having a head coach from Cincy.

Kelly is winner and he would be a monster recruiter at Michigan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boynerclinic
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com