I think INDIANAPOLIS covers easily...and may win SU

Search

Tokens
Next week is going to be the only time for the next 35 days that the Steelers are not listed as double digit favorites, and potentially underdogs. I just can’t see Pittsburgh running this score up high enough to stay clear of the Colts. Hanging 24 and 28 on the scoreboard is a tough task for this Steelers team regardless of the competition. Last years regular season with a very similar team the Steelers only got to the four touchdown mark twice, at home to Oakland and in Week 17 against Cleveland. Tonight in Primetime (where they have an extremely poor ATS history) in the dome against the Colts, I do not see this team getting higher then 24 points. I fully feel that they have to get at least 28 to have a shot at covering this game.
Indianapolis on the other hand, does not have to be in this game start to finish to get the cover. In fact, they can be getting completely tossed around and still have a very good shot at the cover. I feel the magic number for the Colts is 14. Once the Colts reach or exceed two touchdowns, the cover is in sure hands. Indianapolis was set up for a BEATING in week one. Houston had been waiting to win that game for three years and the entire team, city and franchise was crushed with the loss of their leader Peyton Manning. To me that week was a completely downer and I take little stock into the result. Last week the Colts showed progress of moving forward. What we have to remember and I think so many people forget is that this is still the same Colts team. They may be without Manning but the surrounding cast is still the same. This is still a middle of the line scoring defense that is able to keep teams from hanging huge numbers on the board. This is a team with an extremely strong pass rush. Nothing has changed on defense. We have seen the way this defensive unit can perform. I think that this unit is more then capable of holding their team in the game tonight. Offensively this unit is still stacked up with weapons. Now I admit that they looked terrible in week one, and below average in week two. As time went on in both of those games, they got better and better and better. The reason for this is simple. Kerry Collins. Remember, he came out of retirement in week one. He was rusty as could be with only 13 days of practice under his belt before kick off. He showed signs in the latter stages of last weeks game against Cleveland of his usual self. He led a Tennessee team to their best season in franchise history just a few years ago. Collins is very capable of commanding this offense. After an 0-2 start all expectations are off of his shoulders. There is no longer pressure for him to perform. The Colts are done, finished. No one is expecting anything from him or the team. From listening and watching press conferences all week, leaders on either side of the ball showed promise and were saying all the right things to believe me that these guys are still focused and in this. I am fully convinced that tonight in Primetime at home the Colts come out against Pittsburgh and put up 17-21 points. Their team total is listed at a flat 14. I think this is too low. I think that we are all going to see a couple new formations from the Colts to shake things up. They need a spark to get this offense burning, and I would look no further then 87 on the side line or reliable Dallas Clark to get this thing moving. I look for Wayne and Clark to have very strong performances tonight. Assuming that Pittsburgh gets to their magic number of 24 tonight, Indianapolis needs 14 to get the cover. There is a good chance that Indianapolis is going to be playing from behind late in the game. This sets up extremely well for the backdoor which I will have in my pocket all game long. For Pittsburgh to be clear of the back door, they need at least an 18 point lead to avoid it. This game is going to have to be extremely out of hand and far off my predictions to get there.
I have this game playing out like this. Indianapolis strikes first. Someway or another the Colts are going to find a way to have an early lead of seven. Pittsburgh is going to answer and lean on the Colts going into the half. Give me 14-10 Pittsburgh at halftime. In the second half Pittsburgh will score early and put this into a 21-10 type of game going into the fourth. Indianapolis is going to get a stop and force a field goal early in the quarter, 24-10 Pittsburgh. Indianapolis will get across their number of 14 with a td and make it a seven point game with a couple minutes left. Pittsburgh will run clock as usual and end up punting back to Indianapolis late in the quarter leaving the Colts with a drive to tie. This is going to be one of those games that we see all to many where it flirts around the number for a majority of the second half and ends up quickly going to the underdog. There are so many people on the Steelers and there are going to be so many people with losing tickets tonight after feeling good about their bet all night. I may be the first to say it, but there may be a number of Steelers moneyline backers out there claiming a bad beat as well.
Indianapolis Colts +10.5
Small play on Indianapolis +430 ML

Tokens
Normally this game would be a massive primetime game, instead we get a 1-1 Steelers team vs. a winless Indianapolis team that is showing no signs of life thus far. Pittsburgh opened as a double digit favorite for the second straight week in a row. They have got A TON of love from bettors where I have been told that 9 of every 10 bets is on Pittsburgh in primetime. Despite that fact, the line has moved down a half point in favor of the Colts. This game sits at 10.5 across the offshore board and can be found as low as 10 at some places on the strip. It seems clear to everyone that Pittsburgh rolls in this game handily. The Steelers sit near the top of every analyst, columnist and oddsmaker power rankings. On the flip side, Indianapolis is interchangeable with Kansas City for worst in the league. I think everyone can make an argument for Pittsburgh winning and covering, but I may be one of the few who can make the argument for Indianapolis covering.
To me, this is a major letdown and look ahead game for the Steelers. I think 10.5 points is far to many to get the cover. Lets start off by assessing this number and analyzing the potential game flow. In order for Pittsburgh to cover 10.5 points they are going to have to be up, and be up big. People look at this extra hook and think of Pittsburgh going from 7 to 10, and getting the cover. When I look at this line, I look at Pittsburgh going from 17 to 10. I think these big numbers are often looked at incorrectly in terms of predicting the flow of the game. All signs point to Pittsburgh running away with this game. I am not going to try and change that. I am not going to analyze into something that is almost destined to happen. What I can do is analyze how the game is going to play out. Looking at the total of 38.5, the most likely score in relation to the spread is 24-14. Is that a possible outcome? I believe so. Continuing on from this base score, is there something that tells me Pittsburgh is capable of scoring more then 24? We know that Pittsburgh is not the type of team to light up the score board. Pittsburgh gets a lead and keeps the ball on the ground and works the clock. In comparison to the league average of 18.4 points scored per game, the Steelers are already projected to have a strong offensive game. In their first game this year Pittsburgh put up 7 against the Ravens on the road and then 24 at home vs. Seattle. Many people are looking at this game similar to that week two game. Remember how dominant the Steelers looked? They did that only scoring what I am projecting them to here today. I do not agree with people comparing Indianapolis to Seattle. The Seahawks had to go into Heinz Field for a game against the Steelers who were EXTREMELY fired up coming off an embarrassing loss. Indianapolis is at home tonight, on Sunday Night. This is a different situation entirely. It also has a different emotional factor for the Steelers. Pittsburgh comes into this game relieving the stress of that week one loss. The entire city was on pins and needles ready to strike for the throat after witnessing that week one demolition. The Steelers came out and put the critics on hold with the shutout last weekend. Phew, now where do they go? Into woeful Indianapolis who went from being a rival and perennial playoff competition to worst in the NFL. I think this game gets looked over by many players on the Steelers especially with the road trip to 3-0 Houston next Sunday. If Pittsburgh gets through Houston next week they most likely go into Foxboro on the last day of October 6-1. Next week is going to be the only time for the next 35 days that the Steelers are not listed as double digit favorites, and potentially underdogs. I just can’t see Pittsburgh running this score up high enough to stay clear of the Colts. Hanging 24 and 28 on the scoreboard is a tough task for this Steelers team regardless of the competition. Last years regular season with a very similar team the Steelers only got to the four touchdown mark twice, at home to Oakland and in Week 17 against Cleveland. Tonight in Primetime (where they have an extremely poor ATS history) in the dome against the Colts, I do not see this team getting higher then 24 points. I fully feel that they have to get at least 28 to have a shot at covering this game.
Indianapolis on the other hand, does not have to be in this game start to finish to get the cover. In fact, they can be getting completely tossed around and still have a very good shot at the cover. I feel the magic number for the Colts is 14. Once the Colts reach or exceed two touchdowns, the cover is in sure hands. Indianapolis was set up for a BEATING in week one. Houston had been waiting to win that game for three years and the entire team, city and franchise was crushed with the loss of their leader Peyton Manning. To me that week was a completely downer and I take little stock into the result. Last week the Colts showed progress of moving forward. What we have to remember and I think so many people forget is that this is still the same Colts team. They may be without Manning but the surrounding cast is still the same. This is still a middle of the line scoring defense that is able to keep teams from hanging huge numbers on the board. This is a team with an extremely strong pass rush. Nothing has changed on defense. We have seen the way this defensive unit can perform. I think that this unit is more then capable of holding their team in the game tonight. Offensively this unit is still stacked up with weapons. Now I admit that they looked terrible in week one, and below average in week two. As time went on in both of those games, they got better and better and better. The reason for this is simple. Kerry Collins. Remember, he came out of retirement in week one. He was rusty as could be with only 13 days of practice under his belt before kick off. He showed signs in the latter stages of last weeks game against Cleveland of his usual self. He led a Tennessee team to their best season in franchise history just a few years ago. Collins is very capable of commanding this offense. After an 0-2 start all expectations are off of his shoulders. There is no longer pressure for him to perform. The Colts are done, finished. No one is expecting anything from him or the team. From listening and watching press conferences all week, leaders on either side of the ball showed promise and were saying all the right things to believe me that these guys are still focused and in this. I am fully convinced that tonight in Primetime at home the Colts come out against Pittsburgh and put up 17-21 points. Their team total is listed at a flat 14. I think this is too low. I think that we are all going to see a couple new formations from the Colts to shake things up. They need a spark to get this offense burning, and I would look no further then 87 on the side line or reliable Dallas Clark to get this thing moving. I look for Wayne and Clark to have very strong performances tonight. Assuming that Pittsburgh gets to their magic number of 24 tonight, Indianapolis needs 14 to get the cover. There is a good chance that Indianapolis is going to be playing from behind late in the game. This sets up extremely well for the backdoor which I will have in my pocket all game long. For Pittsburgh to be clear of the back door, they need at least an 18 point lead to avoid it. This game is going to have to be extremely out of hand and far off my predictions to get there.
I have this game playing out like this. Indianapolis strikes first. Someway or another the Colts are going to find a way to have an early lead of seven. Pittsburgh is going to answer and lean on the Colts going into the half. Give me 14-10 Pittsburgh at halftime. In the second half Pittsburgh will score early and put this into a 21-10 type of game going into the fourth. Indianapolis is going to get a stop and force a field goal early in the quarter, 24-10 Pittsburgh. Indianapolis will get across their number of 14 with a td and make it a seven point game with a couple minutes left. Pittsburgh will run clock as usual and end up punting back to Indianapolis late in the quarter leaving the Colts with a drive to tie. This is going to be one of those games that we see all to many where it flirts around the number for a majority of the second half and ends up quickly going to the underdog. There are so many people on the Steelers and there are going to be so many people with losing tickets tonight after feeling good about their bet all night. I may be the first to say it, but there may be a number of Steelers moneyline backers out there claiming a bad beat as well.
Indianapolis Colts +10.5
Small play on Indianapolis +430 ML

Tokens
u stretchin on these plays aren't u- also said anybody was retarded to take Carolina against shithole jax

Tokens
If you saw the last min of the bears game you might want to listen here, Vegasjack, might have a point, look at the teams that won this week. The Packers should have not covered but the refs cheating.

Tokens
10+ pts ois too many in an NFL game, but the Steelers HAVE to win. This a national TV lay up. COlts will come to play but i like steelers -10 if you dont mind the extra juice

Tokens
hope you didnt write that for 2 hours just to lose. Long writing = too much in love with a play so you write every angle under the sun.

with that said, i like dogs but the colts are a basketcase. no play for me. good luck to you.

Tokens
The Indianapolis Colts...as you said clearly in one part of your essay...are DONE. You need to get a grip here. Peyton Manning was the heart and soul of this team...Kerry Collins retired FOR A REASON...this offense is totally discombobulated and disoriented and going up against this Steeler defense, which has been improving by leaps and bounds, is not a recipe for success at all...Big Ben is getting his sea legs under him after playing around during the lockout and is only now rounding into form.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will get to 31 points tonight...Indy will be lucky to get to 14...thus, my final score...

Pittsburgh 31
Indianapolis 13

Wagers on the game...1k on each wager.

Pittsburgh -10 (-120)
Pittsburgh Team Total OVER 25 (-120)
Teaser...Pittsburgh -4.5/Over 33

Best of luck to you tonight! :dancefool

Tokens
The Indianapolis Colts...as you said clearly in one part of your essay...are DONE. You need to get a grip here. Peyton Manning was the heart and soul of this team...Kerry Collins retired FOR A REASON...this offense is totally discombobulated and disoriented and going up against this Steeler defense, which has been improving by leaps and bounds, is not a recipe for success at all...Big Ben is getting his sea legs under him after playing around during the lockout and is only now rounding into form.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will get to 31 points tonight...Indy will be lucky to get to 14...thus, my final score...

Pittsburgh 31
Indianapolis 13

Pittsburgh -10 (-120)

Way to come into someone's thread and take a giant shit. You may as well just never make a write-up on this site anymore.

Tokens
Way to come into someone's thread and take a giant shit. You may as well just never make a write-up on this site anymore.

Last time I checked, people write here on this site to discuss picks and opinions...not sure why your tampon got twisted sideways in your ass...maybe you had a bad day or something...but maybe you could contribute some pertinent idea or opinion when you respond to someone. Or, maybe we will just put 2 fingers around your pinhead and "SQUEEZE" when we want your opinion eh? ...Or maybe not...probably not worth hearing anyways...Sorry Vegasjack about having to deal with this pimple in your thread.

Tokens
I did convey an opinion. And that opinion was that you're a douchebag.

Good luck laying all that chalk tonight, you'll need it.

RX Senior
Handicapper
Tokens
Whatever you are smoking, let me have some of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokens
Good call so far, but imo no one wants to read that long of a post? Its literally a page, but i guess it is insight so maybe i should read it. I have no attention span these days and cant focus on something for more than 30 seconds

Sports Nut
Tokens
Good call so far, but imo no one wants to read that long of a post? Its literally a page, but i guess it is insight so maybe i should read it. I have no attention span these days and cant focus on something for more than 30 seconds

Your wife was complaining about that 30 second thing as well.......@):)

BTW looks like one hell of a call so far.(<)<

Tokens
Great call on the Colts. This is why you don't lay big road chalk in the NFL, especially on a team like Pitt.

By the way apparently Ben still hasn't found those sea legs because I've seen him knocked on his ass all night.

Tokens

Pittsburgh 31
Indianapolis 13

Pittsburgh -10 (-120)

It's guys like you that keep guys like me in business. Fork another $3500.00 over to "your man". You should also apologize to the original poster as your "opinion" was a sarcastic jab that showed exactly what you are....a personification of (4) 90 degree angles....nice vig calls with the side and TT..how'd that extra .10 taste on that dime? and I believe Vegas Jack has a grip..it is you that needs to get a grip. Enjoy your evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ola3219
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com