How many of you actually thought Ukraine was EVER in the running?

Search

Tokens

UPDATE 2-Biden says Putin trying to find 'oxygen' with truce proposal​

Thu, January 5, 2023 at 10:30 AM PST

WASHINGTON, Jan 5 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden suggested Vladimir Putin's struggle in Ukraine after 10 months of war and thousands of lives lost had prompted the Russian president to offer a 36-hour truce, saying, "I think he's trying to find some oxygen."
The Kremlin said Putin had ordered a ceasefire from midday on Friday after a call for a Christmas truce by Patriarch Kirill of Moscow, head of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Ukraine spurned the ceasefire offer over Russia's Orthodox Christmas, saying there would be no truce until Moscow withdraws its invading forces from occupied land.

Asked about the proposed truce, Biden told reporters at the White House: "I'm reluctant to respond to anything that Putin says. I found it interesting that he was willing to bomb hospitals and nurseries and churches ... on the 25th and New Year's. I mean, I think he's trying to find some oxygen."
Russia's ambassador in Washington, Anatoly Antonov, accused the U.S. administration of lacking any desire for a political settlement, adding that "even" the unilaterally declared ceasefire was being labelled an attempt to find some oxygen.
"All this means that Washington is set on fighting with us 'to the last Ukrainian,' and the fate of Ukraine's people does not worry the Americans at all," Antonov said in remarks on the embassy's Facebook page that were framed as responses to media questions.
Putin's ceasefire would begin in time for observation of Christmas by Russia's Orthodox Church on Jan. 7. Ukraine's main Orthodox Church has been recognized as independent by the church hierarchy since 2019 and rejects any notion of allegiance to the Moscow patriarch. Many Ukrainian believers have shifted their calendar to celebrate Christmas on Dec. 25 as in the West.
It would be the first major truce of the more than 10-month-old war that has claimed tens of thousands of lives and devastated large swaths of Ukraine. (Reporting by Andrea Shalal, Steve Holland and Elaine Monaghan; writing by Susan Heavey and Kanishka Singh; Editing by Howard Goller and Stephen Coates)

Tokens
Putin called for a 36 hour ceasefire to mark the Orthodox Christmas and Zelenskyy declined. There’s no money to be made in peace times.

Tokens
Ukraine REJECTED the ceasefire and now whines that the Russians hurt them!

Further, the shelling of there own civilian areas by Ukrainian nazis was ferocious and entirely unreported by our bought for media.

Tokens

Ukraine hails US military aid as cease-fire said to falter​

A cupola lies on the ground in front of the Orthodox Church which was destroyed by Russian forces in the recently retaken village of Bogorodychne, Ukraine, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2022. (AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka)

Nina Gonchar, 93, and her son Mykola Gonchar, 58, sit inside their house which was mostly destroyed by Russian forces in the recently retaken village of Bogorodychne, Ukraine, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2022. Gonchar's son Vasyliy and his wife Liubov were killed by Russian shelling on July 10, 2022. (AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka)

1 / 9

Russia Ukraine War​

A cupola lies on the ground in front of the Orthodox Church which was destroyed by Russian forces in the recently retaken village of Bogorodychne, Ukraine, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2022. (AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka)
ASSOCIATED PRESS
More

• Patriarch Kirill of Moscow
  • Vladimir Putin

Vladimir Putin
HANNA ARHIROVA and ANDREW MELDRUM
Sat, January 7, 2023 at 2:48 AM PST·5 min read

In this article:

• Patriarch Kirill of Moscow
    21st-century primate of the Russian Orthodox Church
  • Vladimir Putin

Vladimir Putin
    President of Russia

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine's president praised the United States for including tank-killing armored vehicles in its latest multibillion-dollar package of military aid, saying they are “exactly what is needed” for Ukrainian troops locked in combat against Russian forces, even as both sides celebrated Orthodox Christmas on Saturday.
The White House announcement Friday of $3.75 billion in weapons and other aid for Ukraine and its European backers came as Moscow said its troops are observing a short Orthodox Christmas cease-fire.
Ukrainian officials denounced the unilateral 36-hour pause as a ploy and said it appeared to have been ignored by some of Moscow's forces pressing ahead with the nearly 11-month invasion. Ukrainian officials reported Russian shelling attacks in the Dnipropetrovsk and Zaporizhzhia regions on Saturday.
Russia's Defense Ministry insisted Saturday that its forces along the 1,100-kilometer (684-mile) front line were observing the Kremlin-ordered truce, but returned fire when attacked.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The latest package of U.S. military assistance was the biggest to date for Ukraine. For the first time, it included 50 Bradley armored vehicles and 500 of the anti-tank missiles they can fire. Germany also announced it would supply around 40 Marder armored personnel carriers and France promised wheeled AMX-10 RC tank destroyers.
Together, this week's pledges were powerful signals that Ukraine can count on continued long-term Western aid against Russian President Vladimir Putin's drive to dismember the country.
In his nightly televised address on Friday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hailed the U.S. aid package as “very powerful.”
“For the first time, we will get Bradley armored vehicles — this is exactly what is needed. New guns and rounds, including high-precision ones, new rockets, new drones. It is timely and strong,” he said.
He thanked U.S. President Joe Biden, U.S. lawmakers and “all the Americans who appreciate freedom, and who know that freedom is worth protecting.”

Celebrated by both Ukrainians and Russians, the Orthodox Christmas holiday also underscored the enmity that Russia's invasion is precipitating between them.

In a revered cathedral in Ukraine's capital, Kyiv, the Christmas service Saturday was delivered in the Ukrainian language — instead of Russian — for the first time in decades, highlighting how Ukraine is seeking to jettison Moscow's remaining influences over religious, cultural and economic life in the country.

Ukraine’s government on Thursday took over administration of the Kyiv-Pechersk monastery's Dormition Cathedral from the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, which had been loyal to the Russian Orthodox Church, and allowed the Ukrainian church to use it for the Christmas service.

The monastery complex is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The cathedral was built about 1,000 years ago, then reconstructed in the 1990s after being ruined in World War II.

“It’s an amazing moment," said Alex Fesiak, among hundreds of worshippers who attended. “Previously this place — on Ukrainian territory, within Kyiv — has been linked to Moscow. Now we feel this is ours, this is Ukrainian. This is part of the Ukrainian nation.”

The Putin-ordered Christmas cease-fire that started Friday was first proposed by the Russian Orthodox Church's Kremlin-aligned head, Patriarch Kirill. The Orthodox Church uses the Julian calendar and celebrates Christmas on Jan. 7. Putin's order said a cease-fire would allow worshippers in combat zones to attend Christmas services.

But Ukrainian officials didn't commit to following it and dismissed the move as a Russian ploy to buy time for its struggling invasion forces to regroup. Ukrainian and Western officials portrayed the announcement as a Russian attempt to grab the moral high ground and possibly snatch battlefield initiative and momentum from Ukrainian forces amid their counteroffensive of recent months.

The pause was due to end Saturday night — at midnight Moscow time, which is 11 p.m. in Kyiv.

The Ministry of Defense in Britain, a leading supplier of military aid to Ukraine, said Saturday in its daily readout on the invasion that “fighting has continued at a routine level into the Orthodox Christmas period.”

In the fiercely contested Luhansk region of eastern Ukraine, regional Gov. Serhiy Haidai reported continued Russian shelling and assaults. Posting Friday on Telegram, Haidai said that in the first three hours of the cease-fire, Russian forces shelled Ukrainian positions 14 times and stormed one settlement three times. The claim couldn't be independently verified.

Ukrainian authorities on Saturday also reported attacks elsewhere in the previous 24 hours although it wasn't clear whether the fighting was before or after the cease-fire's start.

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said Russian forces carried out a missile strike and 20 salvos with rockets, and targeted settlements in the east, northeast and south.

The head of Ukraine’s eastern Donetsk region on Saturday reported two civilian deaths the previous day from Russian strikes in the fiercely contested city of Bakhmut and to its north, in Krasna Hora.

In the southern Kherson region, Gov. Yaroslav Yanushevych said Saturday that Russian forces shelled 39 times on Friday, hitting houses and apartment buildings, as well as a fire station. One person was killed and seven others were wounded.

This story has been corrected to show that the Ukrainian government took over the cathedral, not the monastery complex.

Tokens
Dafinch , is the Nazi nut sucking jizz sucking fool

Imagine supporting Nazis and thinking you're fighting the good fight...

Zelenskyy has had his political rivals imprisoned since 2014... But keep cheering on your Nazi nuts u suck genius ?????

Tokens

Zelensky Congratulates Kevin McCarthy on Speakership, Immediately Asks Him for More Money​

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
everyone but American Communists know the Ukraine situation is nothing but a giant money laundering scheme and has been for 8 years....

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said he is not worried about the US aid to Ukraine because the aid program is “a money laundering scheme”

“I see that some are worried about the foreign aid to Ukraine. Do not worry! This is a working money laundering scheme. Western and Ukrainian officials will embezzle these funds, and no more than 15% of the entire aid will reach the trenches,” TASS reported Kadyrov saying on Telegram.

Kadyrov said he was not worried about hostilities on Russian territory. “These are our regions, which opted to join our state for the sake of protection of their people from Satanist actions of Ukrainian and NATO nationalists.”

as another said, "And, of course, this is part of an enormously grotesque corruption scheme to siphon off and launder Western money through the Kiev regime.”

Tokens
everyone but American Communists know the Ukraine situation is nothing but a giant money laundering scheme and has been for 8 years....

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said he is not worried about the US aid to Ukraine because the aid program is “a money laundering scheme”

“I see that some are worried about the foreign aid to Ukraine. Do not worry! This is a working money laundering scheme. Western and Ukrainian officials will embezzle these funds, and no more than 15% of the entire aid will reach the trenches,” TASS reported Kadyrov saying on Telegram.

Kadyrov said he was not worried about hostilities on Russian territory. “These are our regions, which opted to join our state for the sake of protection of their people from Satanist actions of Ukrainian and NATO nationalists.”

as another said, "And, of course, this is part of an enormously grotesque corruption scheme to siphon off and launder Western money through the Kiev regime.”
Shows u what a fucking Nazi maggot Erv is

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
Shows u what a fucking Nazi maggot Erv is
fuck Erv, he's useless garbage. Put him on ignore and stop wasting our time with that pig. Giving him a minute of attention each day is too much

I'm concerned that we've shipped an insane $95B to Ukraine in 10 months for a war we instigated so that the troll leaders of the American govt can pad their offshore accounts. They all need strung up

Afghanistan avg 50B/yr and now we've doubled that so that dick chuggers and trannies can put Ukraine flags in their bios and get sunflower tats on their he/him forearm. this place is so fucked

Tokens
fuck Erv, he's useless garbage. Put him on ignore and stop wasting our time with that pig. Giving him a minute of attention each day is too much

I'm concerned that we've shipped an insane $95B to Ukraine in 10 months for a war we instigated so that the troll leaders of the American govt can pad their offshore accounts. They all need strung up

Afghanistan avg 50B/yr and now we've doubled that so that dick chuggers and trannies can put Ukraine flags in their bios and get sunflower tats on their he/him forearm. this place is so fucked
You should be "concerned" about a LOT of things, roll TURDS, not the least of which is the 15 round fiasco that ended with Cocksucker Kevin tonguing Blubber Boy's balls. Btw, I'll bet you're not "concerned" about scumbag Santos, are ya? Re: Russia, read it and WEEP, Whack Job maybe you can Pucker Putin's Puny Pecker to console him, lol: :arrowhead :ROFLMAO: :sad2: :popcorn: :highfive::tongue0015:

Really - Russia is so screwed at this point and they have no way out of this. None at all.

FamilyCircusUkrainehitmeback.png

I am not sure how to explain this exactly in such a condensed way — here is my best try.
To produce a barrel of oil — it has a cost. Russian Ural oil costs about 43 dollars a barrel to produce, less on shore and more offshore. But about 43 dollars on average. Russia is getting about 50 dollars a barrel for Ural oil now. Actually it is worse than that since 50 a barrel has other costs coming out of that number. It is heavily discounted on the market. And will continue to be. And even that assumes the price of competing product holds up.

Top Stories
George Santos staffer accused of impersonating Kevin McCarthy's chief of staff in calls with donors
During Biden visit, Abbott cries he 'desperately needs more money' after wasting billions on stunts
Ukraine update: Germany has done more for Ukraine than most know or acknowledge
CLICK TO READ
House ready to move into next potentially bruising battle over rules package
House Republicans are firing up the Jim Jordan show, and it's going to be ugly
Corporations that promised to suspend donations to 2020 election deniers show they can't be trusted
Ukraine update: Germany has donemore for Ukraine than most knowor acknowledge

So basically what they expected was a profit of 57 a barrel has turned to less than 7 and very likely to drop. On an ever decreasing output too. Flow through drops too much and the pipes all the way to the well head are toast. If that happens they have no oil out of those lines at all and will take years and years to fix it.
And this is all going to drop like a hammer when it drops.

The real value of any currency is simply what you think it is worth. So one might think the value is related to the output value of its products (really does not account for volatility in the currency so it is very simplistic) But is theoretically true in general. So right now what is that number? It sure is not 57 a barrel net. It may well go to net zero soon. It is Russia’s main output. So really — what is a ruble worth here??
The market on that currency is so thin and manipulated that a strong wind could blow it over here.
I think if it is true as Jason says that Russia is looking to increase taxes in this shitstorm they know it is over.
I do think it is likely that Russia will seek to convert some part of Russian bank deposits into some kind of war bond deal. Once they start raising taxes that is the next step to attempt normalization of the currency, to contain it, to contract the medium, I think. It is part of the reason Russia is screwing people out of money wherever they can. Talk about pissing people off. Cannot possibly work in any long term perspective — but would sure increase black market costs to get hard currency in their hands. Remember — no matter what, Russia has to import at least between 200 and 300 billion dollars a year of goods to just keep going. How do they do that with a worthless currency? It is all a death spiral. Like they can try and contract the circulating medium but it just increases volatility — makes it worse than the original problem in the end. It has a domino effect in reality.
Honestly — any currency that has a black market in it is NOT a real currency in any event.
To kill a country — kill its currency. I actually did my Western War thesis on this kind of thing. It was a “how to” paper in a way really. That is, in a crisis the first thing you do is take free market capitalism and chuck it out the window. Starts with that. About how you could purposely corrupt a currency to that end.
And there is sure more than one way to corrupt a currency that is not monetized. Cannot be monetized. Putin calculated he could in a way with energy exports — did not work. Cannot work in a global economy. I think it is a key failure point in the entire war. What little foresight or ability he has to look beyond rose colored glasses. In reality — really does not matter just how you corrupt the currency you know.
Watch the black market in that currency now. I think they maybe have a few months until the shit really hits the fan — maybe less. Probably less. That is what I would be looking at right here.
I am paraphrasing this but as Memminger (the CSA Treasury Secretary) says - like the tide of the moon one may delay a result — it does not change the outcome. He knew the CSA was so F-cked by 1863. A real smart guy. Russia is in an even worse position here. They are already losing the war!
None of what I said is new in history. You can trace the thrust of this all the way back to Thucydides or Sparta for that matter. Same principles.
I will cut this off here — otherwise it can go on for at least 50 more pages. Sorry if you don’t understand all the terms here. Best I can do and keep it short. I did my best to condense it. Even this short cut is too long I think.
I will add this though — maybe it makes it more understandable. The south in the Civil War could have used cotton to stabilize its currency in Britain. But instead they tried to use it in an extortion attempt to get an intercession by Britain. How did that turn out for them? Russia is trying to do the same thing — maybe that makes this more clear. It will sure turn out the same way. Same idea. This has all happened before. None of this is new.
I think maybe I should say this too - volatility in a currency could be defined as the speed of which it has to change hands. It is normally 4 to 1 — that 1 dollar is actually worth 4 dollars in circulation. Speed up volatility and it has a bad reaction — a whole other story. If you slow it down too much then it also has a bad reaction. First inflationary the second deflationary. Kind of a delicate balance.
I don’t have to go into the implications, right? That without inflation you can never finance a war — within certain boundaries. Deflation is sure death. And that difference is a pubic hair sometimes.
Memminger was a talented finance person — and even he could not control it in the end. What chance do you think Russia has here? They are already losing the fucking war for Christ’s sake. At least at the time Memminger submitted his report to the Confederate Congress they were winning.
Maybe you should take a look. Dated January 10, 1863 — Memminger’s report to the Confederate Congress. You can see how bright he really was — I extensively drew on that in that paper I wrote. No matter how smart he was — did not help at all. Could not change the outcome at all. I think he was gifted in finance. Did not matter in the end. Neither will Russia be able to overcome this.

Tokens

Very useless. Fake fraud posting Nazi supporting fuck he is

he posted trump abandoned McCarthy which fucked him up the ass. Now states Mc licked Trumps balls. Hahaha

he had 4 different threads on McCarthy and didn’t get a single one right ?????. Only Dabitch mush can get buttfucked like that

Tokens

1673298752932.jpeg

Tokens
The Daily Beast

‘Putin’s Chef’ Humiliated by His Own Side After Bragging of Wagner Victory​

Allison Quinn
Wed, January 11, 2023 at 4:44 AM PST·3 min read

Concord Press Service/Handout via Reuters

The Kremlin finally seems to be trying to take Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin down a notch after the businessman has spent months using his band of mercenaries and ex-convicts to steal the spotlight in Russia’s war against Ukraine.
A simmering feud between Prigozhin’s outfit and the regular Russian army spilled out into the open Wednesday, as Russia’s Defense Ministry publicly rebuffed claims made by “Putin’s chef” about a Wagner win in Ukraine’s Donetsk region.
In an announcement late Tuesday, Prigozhin gleefully claimed his men had taken control of a salt mine town that Russian forces are hoping to use as a stepping stone to gain control of the highly coveted city of Bakhmut, a Ukrainian stronghold for months.

“Wagner units have taken control of all the territory of Soledar,” Prigozhin said through his press service. “I want to emphasize that no units other than the Wagner fighters took part in the assault on Soledar,” he said.
While Ukrainian authorities denied Prigozhin’s claim and said battles were still underway in the town—and that the selfie the Wagner boss posted supposedly from Soledar was not even in Soledar—Russia’s two dueling armies devolved into their own war within a war.
Russia’s Defense Ministry shot down Prigozhin’s boast that his own men had single-handedly brought Putin a win, instead confirming Ukraine’s announcement that fighting was still underway in the town.
Moreover, defense officials suggested Russian airborne units and assault teams are leading the charge. The Defense Ministry made no mention of Wagner whatsoever.
The rebuff comes as praise for Prigozhin’s outfit hit a fever pitch among pro-Kremlin figures, and the notorious mercenary group threatened to outshine Putin’s regular soldiers on the battlefield.
Wagner Boss Thinks Military Brass Are Out to Get Him
“Why is Wagner so successful, more successful than even the Russian army?” pro-Kremlin political analyst Sergei Markov wrote on Telegram early Wednesday.
He went on to praise Prigozhin personally, calling him “very creative,” a “workaholic,” and someone who “comes up with bright, novel solutions.”
“Prigozhin’s criminal past is a plus now, because world politics is criminalized,” he said, calling Prigozhin and Wagner “a national treasure.”
Speculation about Prigozhin possibly vying for an official post in Russia’s government has mounted in recent months as his PR campaign for Wagner has gone into overdrive, with many wondering if he’s made it his personal mission to “win the damn war” for Putin so he could demand something in return.
Despite Prigozhin butting heads with top defense officials and government officials, the Kremlin has largely allowed him to do as he pleases—but they seem to have fired their first warning shot this week in a sign of things to come.
Putin’s appointment on Tuesday of a controversial colonel-general as the new ground forces chief was done “as a snub to Prigozhin,” a source close to Russia’s General Staff told the outlet iStories.
Both Prigozhin and his fellow hardliner Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov had publicly blamed Colonel-General Alexander Lapin for setbacks on the battlefield.
Lapin’s return, the source said, “is an answer [to Prigozhin] along the lines of ‘We don’t leave our own behind either.’”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
likesmuji1
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com