Global Warming or Global Bullshit?

Search

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
EWPM_fjWoAMG9S1

Tokens
Modern doomsayers have been predicting climate and environmental disaster since the 1960s. They continue to do so today.None of the apocalyptic predictions with due dates as of today have come true.What follows is a collection of notably wild predictions from notable people in government and science.More than merely spotlighting the failed predictions, this collection shows that the makers of failed apocalyptic predictions often are individuals holding respected positions in government and science.While such predictions have been and continue to be enthusiastically reported by a media eager for sensational headlines, the failures are typically not revisited.
1967: ‘Dire famine by 1975.’
1_2.png

Source: Salt Lake Tribune, November 17, 19671969: ‘Everyone will disappear in a cloud of blue steam by 1989.’
2_2.png

3_2.png

Source: Boston Globe, April 16, 19701970: ‘America subject to water rationing by 1974 and food rationing by 1980.’
4_1.jpg

Source: Redlands Daily Facts, October 6, 19701971: ‘New Ice Age Coming’
5_0.png

Source: Washington Post, July 9, 19711972: New ice age by 2070
6.png

7.png

Source: NOAA, October 20151974: ‘New Ice Age Coming Fast’
8.png

Source: The Guardian, January 29, 1974
1974: ‘Another Ice Age?’
9.png

Source: TIME, June 24, 1974
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life’
10.png

But no such ‘great peril to life’ has been observed as the so-called ‘ozone hole’ remains:
11.png

Sources: Headline
NASA Data | Graph
1976: ‘The Cooling’
12.png

Source: New York Times Book Review, July 18, 1976
1980: ‘Acid Rain Kills Life in Lakes’
13_1.jpg

Noblesville Ledger (Noblesville, IN) April 9, 1980
But 10 years later, the US government program formed to study acid rain concluded:
14.png

Associated Press, September 6, 1990
1978: ‘No End in Sight’ to 30-Year Cooling Trend
15.png

Source: New York Times, January 5, 1978
But according to NASA satellite data there is a slight warming trend since 1979.
16.jpg

Source: DrRoySpencer.com
1988: James Hansen forecasts increase regional drought in 1990s
17.jpg

But the last really dry year in the Midwest was 1988, and recent years have been record wet.
18.jpg

Source: RealClimateScience.com
1988: Washington DC days over 90F to from 35 to 85
19.gif

But the number of hot days in the DC area peaked in 1911, and have been declining ever since.
20.png

Source: RealClimateScience.com
1988: Maldives completely under water in 30 years
21.png

Source: Agence France Press, September 26, 1988
1989: Rising seas to ‘obliterate’ nations by 2000
22.png

Source: Associated Press, June 30, 1989
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway underwater by 2019
23.gif

Source: Salon.com, October 23, 2001
1995 to Present: Climate Model Failure
24.jpg

Source: CEI.org
2000: ‘Children won’t know what snow is.’
25.png

26.png

Source: The Independent, March 20, 2000
2002: Famine in 10 years
27.png

Source: The Guardian, December 23, 2002
2004: Britain to have Siberian climate by 2020
29.png

Source: The Guardian, February 21, 2004
2008: Arctic will be ice-free by 2018
30.gif

Source: Associated Press, June 24, 2008
2008: Al Gore warns of ice-free Arctic by 2013
31.png

But… it’s still there:
32.png

Source: WattsUpWithThat.com, December 16, 2018
2009: Prince Charles says only 8 years to save the planet
33.png

Source: The Independent, July 9, 2009
2009: UK prime minister says 50 days to ‘save the planet from catastrophe’
34.png

Source: The Independent: October 20, 2009
2009: Arctic ice-free by 2014
35.png

Source: USA Today, December 14, 2009
2013: Arctic ice-free by 2015
36.png

Source: The Guardian, July 24, 2013
The paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-02550-9 (open access)
Gas hydrate dissociation off Svalbard induced by isostatic rebound rather than global warming
Abstract
Methane seepage from the upper continental slopes of Western Svalbard has previously been attributed to gas hydrate dissociation induced by anthropogenic warming of ambient bottom waters. Here we show that sediment cores drilled off Prins Karls Foreland contain freshwater from dissociating hydrates. However, our modeling indicates that the observed pore water freshening began around 8 ka BP when the rate of isostatic uplift outpaced eustatic sea-level rise. The resultant local shallowing and lowering of hydrostatic pressure forced gas hydrate dissociation and dissolved chloride depletions consistent with our geochemical analysis. Hence, we propose that hydrate dissociation was triggered by postglacial isostatic rebound rather than anthropogenic warming. Furthermore, we show that methane fluxes from dissociating hydrates were considerably smaller than present methane seepage rates implying that gas hydrates were not a major source of methane to the oceans, but rather acted as a dynamic seal, regulating methane release from deep geological reservoirs.

2013: Arctic ice-free by 2016
37.png

Source: The Guardian, December 9, 2013
2014: Only 500 days before ‘climate chaos’
38.png

But…
39.png

Sources: Washington Examiner

Tokens
[h=1]Jane Fonda Demands Coronavirus Recovery Money Be Used to Fight Climate Change[/h]
janefondaclimateregugees1-640x480.jpg
NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP via Getty ImagesDAVID NG1 May 2020
2:54
Actress and environmental activist Jane Fonda used May Day to renew calls to end fossil fuels and protect worker rights while she urged against corporate bailouts during the coronavirus pandemic, especially for oil and drilling companies.
Instead, the actress is demanding that the government allot recovery money to green or sustainable energy as well as to efforts to create a “level playing field” for workers.

“These historic sums of stimulus money aren’t going to happen again, maybe even during our lifetimes. And where they go and how they are spent will determine so much about what kind of future we have,” Fonda said Friday during her monthly “Fire Drill Friday” climate change rally, which was held online.
“So while we insist on more funding to heal the effects of this pandemic, we must also insist that the money is used to lay the foundation for a clean, sustainable energy future as well as justice and dignity and a level playing field for all workers.”
Watch below:

For months, during her rallies in Washington D.C., and Los Angeles, Jane Fonda and her fellow activists have been pushing for a “just transition” — their call for the protection of workers whose jobs will be impacted by the the move away from fossil fuels.
On Friday, the two-time Oscar-winning actress was joined virtually by labor activist Dolores Huerta, as well as union leaders representing migrant farmworkers, healthcare workers, and flight attendants.
Fonda began the virtual rally by accusing President Donald Trump of stiffing ordinary Americans during the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, saying that his administration is trying “to ram through bail outs for the already privileged and the powerful.”
She then praised Democrats who, she claims, “have fought to include financial aid for workers and small businesses, hospitals… but more, much more needs to be done.”
In reality, Congressional Democrats recently blocked aid for small businesses — a Republican-backed measure that would have created $250 billion in coronavirus-related small-business loans.
Fonda also used the virtual rally to renew her assault on oil and drilling companies and their leaders.
“We have to say ‘no’ to bailouts for corporate executives and oil billionaires and ‘yes’ to immediately protecting the most vulnerable among us,” she said. “Fossil fuel executives don’t give a fuzzy rat’s ass about workers or communities’ well being.”
Fonda also demanded free COVID-19 testing and free medical care for workers diagnosed with the disease.
“Now’s the time to invest in economic relief and stimulus measures that put all workers and families first, not big corporations.”

Tokens
[ There are people that actually listen to what this fucktard says ]

Michael Moore says coronavirus is a warning before Earth gets 'revenge' over climate change

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

Michael Moore called the coronavirus pandemic a “gentle warning” from the planet before it takes its “revenge” on humanity over climate change.

On Tuesday, Moore, 66, released a new episode of his “Rumble” podcast in which he discussed the “planetary emergency” Earth finds itself in and how the current COVID-19 situation is just a taste of what he believes is to come.
“I believe that we are in a planetary emergency. A planetary emergency, my friends. And I’m not talking about the coronavirus,” he began Tuesday’s episode. “Viruses are a part of nature. This is their planet, too, they are a form of life and, like another species I know well, they are killers. This current pandemic is simply mother nature giving us a gentle warning. I know you’re thinking, ‘Mike, uh, gentle? There’s over 3 million around the world infected by this virus and a quarter-million people are dead. You call that gentle?’ Yes, I do. I do, but I do not diminish how God awful serious this is, how tragic it is for people that have been sick who've lost loved ones.”
WORKING FROM HOME DURING CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK? TIPS ON HOW TO STAY PRODUCTIVE
He further asked his listeners to treat the pandemic as a warning from the planet about climate change.

Michael-Moore-Reuters.jpg

Michael Moore warned his podcast listeners of the current 'planetary emergency' posed by climate change. (REUTERS/Stephane Mahe)

“I really want all of you to please take this moment, take this virus as Earth’s slap on our collective face,” he explained. “Treat it as if nature is trying to tell our species to back off, slow down and change your ways.”
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU GET OVER THE CORONAVIRUS?
The filmmaker and climate activist further warned people of the dangers facing the planet in the coming years, noting that we can no longer use solar panels and windmills to solve the problem.
“You do understand that this planet can remove all of us in the snap of its fingers?" he asked. "I know what you’re thinking, ‘Thank God the planet doesn’t have any fingers.’ But nonetheless, if you think COVID-19 has been a bummer, then trust me, you literally can’t imagine just how awful earth’s revenge against us is going to be for trying to choke it to f---ing death. We are in a serious, multilevel planetary emergency.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The filmmaker has climate change on the mind due to the fact that he is currently promoting his next project, “Planet of the Humans,” a movie about the dangers of mankind’s impact on the planet and the impending doomsday that he and the experts he speaks with believe is inevitable. The movie, which is available for free on YouTube, deals heavily with the mainstream environmentalist movement and how it failed to spark any real, substantive change.

Tokens
Jane Fonda Demands Coronavirus Recovery Money Be Used to Fight Climate Change

janefondaclimateregugees1-640x480.jpg
NICHOLAS KAMM/AFP via Getty ImagesDAVID NG1 May 2020
2:54

Actress and environmental activist Jane Fonda used May Day to renew calls to end fossil fuels and protect worker rights while she urged against corporate bailouts during the coronavirus pandemic, especially for oil and drilling companies.
Instead, the actress is demanding that the government allot recovery money to green or sustainable energy as well as to efforts to create a “level playing field” for workers.

“These historic sums of stimulus money aren’t going to happen again, maybe even during our lifetimes. And where they go and how they are spent will determine so much about what kind of future we have,” Fonda said Friday during her monthly “Fire Drill Friday” climate change rally, which was held online.
“So while we insist on more funding to heal the effects of this pandemic, we must also insist that the money is used to lay the foundation for a clean, sustainable energy future as well as justice and dignity and a level playing field for all workers.”
Watch below:

For months, during her rallies in Washington D.C., and Los Angeles, Jane Fonda and her fellow activists have been pushing for a “just transition” — their call for the protection of workers whose jobs will be impacted by the the move away from fossil fuels.
On Friday, the two-time Oscar-winning actress was joined virtually by labor activist Dolores Huerta, as well as union leaders representing migrant farmworkers, healthcare workers, and flight attendants.
Fonda began the virtual rally by accusing President Donald Trump of stiffing ordinary Americans during the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, saying that his administration is trying “to ram through bail outs for the already privileged and the powerful.”
She then praised Democrats who, she claims, “have fought to include financial aid for workers and small businesses, hospitals… but more, much more needs to be done.”
In reality, Congressional Democrats recently blocked aid for small businesses — a Republican-backed measure that would have created $250 billion in coronavirus-related small-business loans.
Fonda also used the virtual rally to renew her assault on oil and drilling companies and their leaders.
“We have to say ‘no’ to bailouts for corporate executives and oil billionaires and ‘yes’ to immediately protecting the most vulnerable among us,” she said. “Fossil fuel executives don’t give a fuzzy rat’s ass about workers or communities’ well being.”
Fonda also demanded free COVID-19 testing and free medical care for workers diagnosed with the disease.
“Now’s the time to invest in economic relief and stimulus measures that put all workers and families first, not big corporations.”

Commie Kunt

Tokens
[ There are people that actually listen to what this fucktard says ]

Michael Moore says coronavirus is a warning before Earth gets 'revenge' over climate change

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

Michael Moore called the coronavirus pandemic a “gentle warning” from the planet before it takes its “revenge” on humanity over climate change.

On Tuesday, Moore, 66, released a new episode of his “Rumble” podcast in which he discussed the “planetary emergency” Earth finds itself in and how the current COVID-19 situation is just a taste of what he believes is to come.
“I believe that we are in a planetary emergency. A planetary emergency, my friends. And I’m not talking about the coronavirus,” he began Tuesday’s episode. “Viruses are a part of nature. This is their planet, too, they are a form of life and, like another species I know well, they are killers. This current pandemic is simply mother nature giving us a gentle warning. I know you’re thinking, ‘Mike, uh, gentle? There’s over 3 million around the world infected by this virus and a quarter-million people are dead. You call that gentle?’ Yes, I do. I do, but I do not diminish how God awful serious this is, how tragic it is for people that have been sick who've lost loved ones.”
WORKING FROM HOME DURING CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK? TIPS ON HOW TO STAY PRODUCTIVE
He further asked his listeners to treat the pandemic as a warning from the planet about climate change.

Michael-Moore-Reuters.jpg

Michael Moore warned his podcast listeners of the current 'planetary emergency' posed by climate change. (REUTERS/Stephane Mahe)

“I really want all of you to please take this moment, take this virus as Earth’s slap on our collective face,” he explained. “Treat it as if nature is trying to tell our species to back off, slow down and change your ways.”
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU GET OVER THE CORONAVIRUS?
The filmmaker and climate activist further warned people of the dangers facing the planet in the coming years, noting that we can no longer use solar panels and windmills to solve the problem.
“You do understand that this planet can remove all of us in the snap of its fingers?" he asked. "I know what you’re thinking, ‘Thank God the planet doesn’t have any fingers.’ But nonetheless, if you think COVID-19 has been a bummer, then trust me, you literally can’t imagine just how awful earth’s revenge against us is going to be for trying to choke it to f---ing death. We are in a serious, multilevel planetary emergency.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The filmmaker has climate change on the mind due to the fact that he is currently promoting his next project, “Planet of the Humans,” a movie about the dangers of mankind’s impact on the planet and the impending doomsday that he and the experts he speaks with believe is inevitable. The movie, which is available for free on YouTube, deals heavily with the mainstream environmentalist movement and how it failed to spark any real, substantive change.

Fat fuck

Tokens
one of the world's leading climate alarmists, Michael Shellenberger, comes clean and apologizes for lying to the public for 30 years. MSM censoring the info...

[h=1]Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade 'Climate Scare'[/h][FONT=lucida_granderegular]Forbes has decided to unpublish an article by award-winning climate activist Michael Shellenberger, in which he apologizes "for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years." [/FONT][FONT=lucida_granderegular]Schellenberger, a progressive, was named one of [/FONT]TIME[FONT=lucida_granderegular]'s "Heroes of the Environment," while his book [/FONT]Break Through[FONT=lucida_granderegular] was heralded by [/FONT]WIRED[FONT=lucida_granderegular] as potentially "the best thing to happen to environmentalism since Rachel Carson's [/FONT]Silent Spring[FONT=lucida_granderegular]."[/FONT][FONT=lucida_granderegular]His bookApocalypse Never was widely praised as an 'eye-opening, fact-based approach' to climate science and 'engaging and well-researched.'[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular][/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular]Now that he's apologized for three-decades of climate alarmism, Forbes has now blocked Shellenberger's article without explanation.

[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular][/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular]On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.
I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.
But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.
Here are some facts few people know:

• Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
  • The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
  • Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
  • Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
  • The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
  • The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
  • Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
  • Adapting to life below sea level made the Netherlands rich not poor
  • We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
  • Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
  • Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
  • Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
I know that the above facts will sound like “climate denialism” to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism.
In reality, the above facts come from the best-available scientific studies, including those conducted by or accepted by the IPCC, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and other leading scientific bodies.
Some people will, when they read this imagine that I’m some right-wing anti-environmentalist. I’m not. At 17, I lived in Nicaragua to show solidarity with the Sandinista socialist revolution. At 23 I raised money for Guatemalan women’s cooperatives. In my early 20s I lived in the semi-Amazon doing research with small farmers fighting land invasions. At 26 I helped expose poor conditions at Nike factories in Asia.
I became an environmentalist at 16 when I threw a fundraiser for Rainforest Action Network. At 27 I helped save the last unprotected ancient redwoods in California. In my 30s I advocated renewables and successfully helped persuade the Obama administration to invest $90 billion into them. Over the last few years I helped save enough nuclear plants from being replaced by fossil fuels to prevent a sharp increase in emissions
But until last year, I mostly avoided speaking out against the climate scare. Partly that’s because I was embarrassed. After all, I am as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist. For years, I referred to climate change as an “existential” threat to human civilization, and called it a “crisis.”
But mostly I was scared. I remained quiet about the climate disinformation campaign because I was afraid of losing friends and funding. The few times I summoned the courage to defend climate science from those who misrepresent it I suffered harsh consequences. And so I mostly stood by and did next to nothing as my fellow environmentalists terrified the public.
I even stood by as people in the White House and many in the news media tried to destroy the reputation and career of an outstanding scientist, good man, and friend of mine, Roger Pielke, Jr., a lifelong progressive Democrat and environmentalist who testified in favor of carbon regulations. Why did they do that? Because his research proves natural disasters aren’t getting worse.
But then, last year, things spiraled out of control.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said “The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed “Climate Change Kills Children.”
The world’s most influential green journalist, Bill McKibben, called climate change the “greatest challenge humans have ever faced” and said it would “wipe out civilizations.”
Mainstream journalists reported, repeatedly, that the Amazon was “the lungs of the world,” and that deforestation was like a nuclear bomb going off.
As a result, half of the people surveyed around the world last year said they thought climate change would make humanity extinct. And in January, one out of five British children told pollsters they were having nightmares about climate change.
Whether or not you have children you must see how wrong this is. I admit I may be sensitive because I have a teenage daughter. After we talked about the science she was reassured. But her friends are deeply misinformed and thus, understandably, frightened.
I thus decided I had to speak out. I knew that writing a few articles wouldn’t be enough. I needed a book to properly lay out all of the evidence.
And so my formal apology for our fear-mongering comes in the form of my new book, Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All.
It is based on two decades of research and three decades of environmental activism. At 400 pages, with 100 of them endnotes, Apocalypse Never covers climate change, deforestation, plastic waste, species extinction, industrialization, meat, nuclear energy, and renewables.
Some highlights from the book:

• Factories and modern farming are the keys to human liberation and environmental progress
  • The most important thing for saving the environment is producing more food, particularly meat, on less land
  • The most important thing for reducing air pollution and carbon emissions is moving from wood to coal to petroleum to natural gas to uranium
  • 100% renewables would require increasing the land used for energy from today’s 0.5% to 50%
  • We should want cities, farms, and power plants to have higher, not lower, power densities
  • Vegetarianism reduces one’s emissions by less than 4%
  • Greenpeace didn’t save the whales, switching from whale oil to petroleum and palm oil did
  • “Free-range” beef would require 20 times more land and produce 300% more emissions
  • Greenpeace dogmatism worsened forest fragmentation of the Amazon
  • The colonialist approach to gorilla conservation in the Congo produced a backlash that may have resulted in the killing of 250 elephants
Why were we all so misled?
In the final three chapters of Apocalypse Never I expose the financial, political, and ideological motivations. Environmental groups have accepted hundreds of millions of dollars from fossil fuel interests. Groups motivated by anti-humanist beliefs forced the World Bank to stop trying to end poverty and instead make poverty “sustainable.” And status anxiety, depression, and hostility to modern civilization are behind much of the alarmism
Once you realize just how badly misinformed we have been, often by people with plainly unsavory or unhealthy motivations, it is hard not to feel duped.
Will Apocalypse Never make any difference? There are certainly reasons to doubt it.
The news media have been making apocalyptic pronouncements about climate change since the late 1980s, and do not seem disposed to stop.
The ideology behind environmental alarmsim — Malthusianism — has been repeatedly debunked for 200 years and yet is more powerful than ever.
But there are also reasons to believe that environmental alarmism will, if not come to an end, have diminishing cultural power.
The coronavirus pandemic is an actual crisis that puts the climate “crisis” into perspective. Even if you think we have overreacted, Covid-19 has killed nearly 500,000 people and shattered economies around the globe.
Scientific institutions including WHO and IPCC have undermined their credibility through the repeated politicization of science. Their future existence and relevance depends on new leadership and serious reform.
Facts still matter, and social media is allowing for a wider range of new and independent voices to outcompete alarmist environmental journalists at legacy publications.
Nations are reverting openly to self-interest and away from Malthusianism and neoliberalism, which is good for nuclear and bad for renewables.
The evidence is overwhelming that our high-energy civilization is better for people and nature than the low-energy civilization that climate alarmists would return us to.
The invitations from IPCC and Congress are signs of a growing openness to new thinking about climate change and the environment. Another one has been to the response to my book from climate scientists, conservationists, and environmental scholars. "Apocalypse Never is an extremely important book,” writes Richard Rhodes, the Pulitzer-winning author of The Making of the Atomic Bomb. “This may be the most important book on the environment ever written,” says one of the fathers of modern climate science Tom Wigley.
“We environmentalists condemn those with antithetical views of being ignorant of science and susceptible to confirmation bias,” wrote the former head of The Nature Conservancy, Steve McCormick. “But too often we are guilty of the same. Shellenberger offers ‘tough love:’ a challenge to entrenched orthodoxies and rigid, self-defeating mindsets. Apocalypse Never serves up occasionally stinging, but always well-crafted, evidence-based points of view that will help develop the ‘mental muscle’ we need to envision and design not only a hopeful, but an attainable, future.”
That is all I hoped for in writing it. If you’ve made it this far, I hope you’ll agree that it’s perhaps not as strange as it seems that a lifelong environmentalist, progressive, and climate activist felt the need to speak out against the alarmism.
I further hope that you’ll accept my apology.

[/FONT]

Tokens
one of the world's leading climate alarmists, Michael Shellenberger, comes clean and apologizes for lying to the public for 30 years. MSM censoring the info...

Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade 'Climate Scare'

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]Forbes has decided to unpublish an article by award-winning climate activist Michael Shellenberger, in which he apologizes "for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years." [/FONT][FONT=lucida_granderegular]Schellenberger, a progressive, was named one of [/FONT]TIME[FONT=lucida_granderegular]'s "Heroes of the Environment," while his book [/FONT]Break Through[FONT=lucida_granderegular] was heralded by [/FONT]WIRED[FONT=lucida_granderegular] as potentially "the best thing to happen to environmentalism since Rachel Carson's [/FONT]Silent Spring[FONT=lucida_granderegular]."[/FONT][FONT=lucida_granderegular]His bookApocalypse Never was widely praised as an 'eye-opening, fact-based approach' to climate science and 'engaging and well-researched.'[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular]Now that he's apologized for three-decades of climate alarmism, Forbes has now blocked Shellenberger's article without explanation.

[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida_granderegular]On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.
I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.
But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.
Here are some facts few people know:

• Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
  • The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
  • Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
  • Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
  • The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
  • The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
  • Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
  • Adapting to life below sea level made the Netherlands rich not poor
  • We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
  • Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
  • Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
  • Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
I know that the above facts will sound like “climate denialism” to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism.
In reality, the above facts come from the best-available scientific studies, including those conducted by or accepted by the IPCC, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and other leading scientific bodies.
Some people will, when they read this imagine that I’m some right-wing anti-environmentalist. I’m not. At 17, I lived in Nicaragua to show solidarity with the Sandinista socialist revolution. At 23 I raised money for Guatemalan women’s cooperatives. In my early 20s I lived in the semi-Amazon doing research with small farmers fighting land invasions. At 26 I helped expose poor conditions at Nike factories in Asia.
I became an environmentalist at 16 when I threw a fundraiser for Rainforest Action Network. At 27 I helped save the last unprotected ancient redwoods in California. In my 30s I advocated renewables and successfully helped persuade the Obama administration to invest $90 billion into them. Over the last few years I helped save enough nuclear plants from being replaced by fossil fuels to prevent a sharp increase in emissions
But until last year, I mostly avoided speaking out against the climate scare. Partly that’s because I was embarrassed. After all, I am as guilty of alarmism as any other environmentalist. For years, I referred to climate change as an “existential” threat to human civilization, and called it a “crisis.”
But mostly I was scared. I remained quiet about the climate disinformation campaign because I was afraid of losing friends and funding. The few times I summoned the courage to defend climate science from those who misrepresent it I suffered harsh consequences. And so I mostly stood by and did next to nothing as my fellow environmentalists terrified the public.
I even stood by as people in the White House and many in the news media tried to destroy the reputation and career of an outstanding scientist, good man, and friend of mine, Roger Pielke, Jr., a lifelong progressive Democrat and environmentalist who testified in favor of carbon regulations. Why did they do that? Because his research proves natural disasters aren’t getting worse.
But then, last year, things spiraled out of control.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said “The world is going to end in twelve years if we don’t address climate change.” Britain’s most high-profile environmental group claimed “Climate Change Kills Children.”
The world’s most influential green journalist, Bill McKibben, called climate change the “greatest challenge humans have ever faced” and said it would “wipe out civilizations.”
Mainstream journalists reported, repeatedly, that the Amazon was “the lungs of the world,” and that deforestation was like a nuclear bomb going off.
As a result, half of the people surveyed around the world last year said they thought climate change would make humanity extinct. And in January, one out of five British children told pollsters they were having nightmares about climate change.
Whether or not you have children you must see how wrong this is. I admit I may be sensitive because I have a teenage daughter. After we talked about the science she was reassured. But her friends are deeply misinformed and thus, understandably, frightened.
I thus decided I had to speak out. I knew that writing a few articles wouldn’t be enough. I needed a book to properly lay out all of the evidence.
And so my formal apology for our fear-mongering comes in the form of my new book, Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All.
It is based on two decades of research and three decades of environmental activism. At 400 pages, with 100 of them endnotes, Apocalypse Never covers climate change, deforestation, plastic waste, species extinction, industrialization, meat, nuclear energy, and renewables.
Some highlights from the book:

• Factories and modern farming are the keys to human liberation and environmental progress
  • The most important thing for saving the environment is producing more food, particularly meat, on less land
  • The most important thing for reducing air pollution and carbon emissions is moving from wood to coal to petroleum to natural gas to uranium
  • 100% renewables would require increasing the land used for energy from today’s 0.5% to 50%
  • We should want cities, farms, and power plants to have higher, not lower, power densities
  • Vegetarianism reduces one’s emissions by less than 4%
  • Greenpeace didn’t save the whales, switching from whale oil to petroleum and palm oil did
  • “Free-range” beef would require 20 times more land and produce 300% more emissions
  • Greenpeace dogmatism worsened forest fragmentation of the Amazon
  • The colonialist approach to gorilla conservation in the Congo produced a backlash that may have resulted in the killing of 250 elephants
Why were we all so misled?
In the final three chapters of Apocalypse Never I expose the financial, political, and ideological motivations. Environmental groups have accepted hundreds of millions of dollars from fossil fuel interests. Groups motivated by anti-humanist beliefs forced the World Bank to stop trying to end poverty and instead make poverty “sustainable.” And status anxiety, depression, and hostility to modern civilization are behind much of the alarmism
Once you realize just how badly misinformed we have been, often by people with plainly unsavory or unhealthy motivations, it is hard not to feel duped.
Will Apocalypse Never make any difference? There are certainly reasons to doubt it.
The news media have been making apocalyptic pronouncements about climate change since the late 1980s, and do not seem disposed to stop.
The ideology behind environmental alarmsim — Malthusianism — has been repeatedly debunked for 200 years and yet is more powerful than ever.
But there are also reasons to believe that environmental alarmism will, if not come to an end, have diminishing cultural power.
The coronavirus pandemic is an actual crisis that puts the climate “crisis” into perspective. Even if you think we have overreacted, Covid-19 has killed nearly 500,000 people and shattered economies around the globe.
Scientific institutions including WHO and IPCC have undermined their credibility through the repeated politicization of science. Their future existence and relevance depends on new leadership and serious reform.
Facts still matter, and social media is allowing for a wider range of new and independent voices to outcompete alarmist environmental journalists at legacy publications.
Nations are reverting openly to self-interest and away from Malthusianism and neoliberalism, which is good for nuclear and bad for renewables.
The evidence is overwhelming that our high-energy civilization is better for people and nature than the low-energy civilization that climate alarmists would return us to.
The invitations from IPCC and Congress are signs of a growing openness to new thinking about climate change and the environment. Another one has been to the response to my book from climate scientists, conservationists, and environmental scholars. "Apocalypse Never is an extremely important book,” writes Richard Rhodes, the Pulitzer-winning author of The Making of the Atomic Bomb. “This may be the most important book on the environment ever written,” says one of the fathers of modern climate science Tom Wigley.
“We environmentalists condemn those with antithetical views of being ignorant of science and susceptible to confirmation bias,” wrote the former head of The Nature Conservancy, Steve McCormick. “But too often we are guilty of the same. Shellenberger offers ‘tough love:’ a challenge to entrenched orthodoxies and rigid, self-defeating mindsets. Apocalypse Never serves up occasionally stinging, but always well-crafted, evidence-based points of view that will help develop the ‘mental muscle’ we need to envision and design not only a hopeful, but an attainable, future.”
That is all I hoped for in writing it. If you’ve made it this far, I hope you’ll agree that it’s perhaps not as strange as it seems that a lifelong environmentalist, progressive, and climate activist felt the need to speak out against the alarmism.
I further hope that you’ll accept my apology.

[/FONT]

Excellent... It's been reposted here:

https://environmentalprogress.org/b...nmentalists-i-apologize-for-the-climate-scare

Tokens
Satan's spawn, Michael Mann, was humiliated in court this week. He had a defamation case laughed out of court when he refused to provide the data for his infamous hockey stick study. If he would have handed over the data and allowed peer review to confirm his findings he would have won any defamation suit against him but he knows his data is bogus so he refused to hand it over. With that he turned to equating his personal defamation with trying to discredit "the science of global warming". his case was tossed after the judge scolded him for wasting everyone's time and Mann was ordered to pay all legal fees.

Ega0TA1WsAAB7qP

Tokens
the lengths they will go to have no limits...

neflix doc from last year claimed walruses were diving off cliffs to their death because of climate change (makes perfect sense already, no?) but the photographer has come clean that these jumps were because polar bears (hey, we still have them?) were stalking them.... psychos

https://mailchi.mp/007b839588e9/pre...ls-netflix-faked-walrus-climate-deaths-179302

[FONT=&quot]a Russian photographer has released independent video of the event that clearly shows polar bears driving walrus over the cliff to their deaths.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In 2019, a sequence in the Netflix documentary ‘Our Planet’ showed a highly disturbing piece of footage of several walrus bouncing off sharp rocks as they fell from a high cliff to their deaths. It transpired this event happened in late September 2017 at a well-known walrus haulout at Cape Schmidt on the Chukchi Sea.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Narrator Sir David Attenborough blamed the tragedy on climate change, insisting that lack of summer sea ice due to climate change was to blame for the walrus falling to their deaths without provocation.[/FONT]

EnMZiODW4AUy6ji

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giaoduc783
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com