Friday 7/1/16 service plays chatter/comps/requests & other stuff...

Search
Tokens
Post your request, Comments or concerns here.
Good luck on all your plays.

When not viewing the service plays.
Make sure to enjoy the rest of what the RX has to offer.

First time here at the RX.
Make sure to visit the Newbies Room
Click here to go there now

Tokens
European Championships TODAY 20:00
WalesvBelgium
2831.png
275.png
HOMEDRAWAWAY
BBC19/25/24/5More markets
RECENT FORMLAST HEAD-TO-HEADSAT ALL VENUESRECENT FORM
ALALNWNLNWNW
Most recent
position04.106.0.png

• 1 - 0
  • 0 - 0
  • 1 - 1
  • 0 - 2
HDHWNLNWNWAW
Most recent
position06.106.0.png

KEY STAT: Wales took four points from a possible six against Belgium in qualifying

EXPERT VERDICT: Belgium were impressive in their 4-0 last-16 win over Hungary but Wales should provide the Red Devils with a tougher test in Friday's quarter-final. Thomas Vermaelen's suspension means a defensive reshuffle for Belgium and Wales, who have scored in all four of their games at the finals, could cause the favourites a few problems.

RECOMMENDATION: Both teams to score

REFEREE: Damir Skomina STADIUM:

Tokens
European Championships Sa 2Jul 20:00
GermanyvItaly
1084.png
1384.jpg
HOMEDRAWAWAY
BBC15/423More markets
HLNWNWNDNWNW
Most recent
position06.106.0.png

• 4 - 1
  • 1 - 1
  • 1 - 2
  • 1 - 1
HWNWNWNWNLNW
Most recent
position06.106.0.png

KEY STAT: Italy have kept five clean sheets in their last six matches

EXPERT VERDICT: Italy produced a defensive masterclass to knock holders Spain out of the tournament and are likely to make life tough for Germany in Bordeaux. The Azzurri’s cautious, counter-attacking style is perfectly suited to taking on the biggest teams and Germany may find it much tougher to find the breakthrough than they did against Slovakia.

RECOMMENDATION: Draw

REFEREE: Viktor Kassai STADIUM:

Tokens
European Championships Su 3Jul 20:00
FrancevIceland
1040.jpg
1340.png
HOMEDRAWAWAY
ITV4/910/317/2More markets
NWNWNWNWNDNW
Most recent
position07.106.0.png

• 3 - 2
  • 3 - 2
  • 1 - 1
  • 3 - 1
ALHWNDNDHWNW
Most recent
position05.106.0.png

KEY STAT: Iceland have kept just one clean sheet in their last ten games

EXPERT VERDICT: Iceland are not getting the credit they deserve for knocking out England on Monday but their amazing adventure is set to come to an end at the Stade de France. France have been making life hard for themselves by making slow starts but it could be different against Iceland, who have conceded in every one of their four matches.

RECOMMENDATION: France-France double result

Tokens
[h=3]Wales v Belgium (2000 BST)[/h]
Opta facts:

• Wales were unbeaten against Belgium in their Euro 2016 qualifiers, with Chris Coleman's men winning 1-0 in Cardiff after a goalless draw in Brussels.
  • This is the first time these teams have met in the finals of a major tournament.
  • Wales and Belgium's last three encounters have produced only three goals.
  • Wales have reached the knockout stages in their two major tournament participations (World Cup 1958, Euro 2016). In 1958, they were knocked out in the quarter-finals by eventual winners Brazil.
  • Wales have lost only two of their nine games at major tournaments, both by a one-goal difference: against Brazil in 1958 (0-1) and England in 2016 (1-2).
  • Wales only had one shot on target in their last game against Northern Ireland, it was from a Gareth Bale free-kick.
  • Injury time included, Wales have trailed for only 2 minutes and 31 seconds in total over their first four games at Euro 2016.
  • All three goals conceded by Wales at Euro 2016 have come from the 56th minute onwards. They've also all been scored by substitutes.
  • Wales have kept two consecutive clean sheets for the first time in their major tournament history.

Tokens
Germany v Italy Saturday (2000 BST)

Opta facts:

• Germany have never beaten Italy at a major tournament (D4 L4). Worse still, they have lost all four of their games against Italy in the knockout stages: three times at the World Cup (semi-final in 1970, final in 1982, semi-final in 2006) and once at the European Championships (semi-final in 2012).
  • 15 of the 18 goals scored in Germany and Italy's previous eight encounters at major tournaments have come after half-time, including seven in extra-time (39%).
  • Germany have won 14 of their last 17 games at major tournaments, drawing two and losing one (1-2 v Italy in the Euro 2012 semi-finals).
  • Germany are the only team yet to concede a single goal so far at Euro 2016. The only previous time they kept clean sheets in their first four games at a major tournament was in the 1978 World Cup.
  • In major tournaments (WC & EC), Germany haven't conceded a goal in the last 480 minutes. The last player to score past Manuel Neuer was Oscar in the 2014 World Cup semi-final.
  • Germany have averaged 69% possession over their first four games, the highest ratio so far at Euro 2016.
  • Italy have kept 19 clean sheets in 37 Euros games, more than any other team in the history of the tournament and just ahead of Germany (18 clean sheets in 47 games). They've only conceded one goal at Euro 2016.
  • Italy have picked up more cards than any other team at Euro 2016 (13 in four games).

Tokens
Euro Odds & Props - Quarters

Odds to win UEFA Euro 2016
Germany 2/1
France 11/4
Belgium 4/1
Italy 5/1
Portugal 13/2
Poland 16/1
Wales 25/1
Iceland 33/1

Odds to Reach The Final
Belgium 5/4
Germany 11/8
France 3/2
Portugal 21/10
Italy 4/1
Poland 9/2
Wales 7/1
Iceland 20/1

Name The Finalists Odds
Belgium/France 4/1
Belgium/Germany 4/1
France/Portugal 6/1
Germany/Portugal 6/1
Belgium/Italy 9/1
France/Poland 9/1
Germany/Poland 9/1
France/Wales 16/1
Germany/Wales 16/1
Italy/Portugal 16/1
Italy/Poland 28/1
Italy/Wales 33/1
Belgium/Iceland 50/1
Iceland/Portugal 66/1

Thursday, June 30 - Portugal vs. Poland

Portugal +125
Poland +275
Draw +185
Over 1.5 (1-50)
Under 1.5 (+120)

To Qualify for Semifinals
Portugal -185
Poland +140

Friday, July 1 - Belgium vs. Wales

Belgium -135
Wales +425
Draw +240
Over 2.5 (+130)
Under 2.5 (-175)

Belgium -320
Wales +220

Saturday, July 2 - Germany vs. Italy

Germany +100
Italy +235
Draw +225
Over 2.5 (+170)
Under 2.5 (-230)

Germany -190
Italy +145

Sunday, July 3 - France vs. Italy

France -310
Iceland +600
Draw +400
Over 2.5
Under 2.5

France -750
Iceland +450

Odds to win Euro 2016 Player of the Tournament

Dimitri Payet 4/1
Eden Hazard 6/1
Antoine Griezmann 8/1
Cristiano Ronaldo 9/1
Gareth Bale 10/1
Paul Pogba 14/1
Gianluigi Buffon 16/1
Kevin De Bruyne 16/1
Toni Kroos 18/1
Romelu Lukaku 22/1
Thomas Muller 22/1
Mesut Ozil 25/1
Graziano Pelle 33/1
Manuel Neuer 33/1
Hugo Lloris 40/1
Olivier Giroud 40/1
Robert Lewandowski 40/1
Blaise Matuidi 50/1
Kingsley Coman 50/1
Mario Gotze 50/1
Ngolo Kante 50/1
Gylfi Sigurdsson 66/1
Mats Hummels 66/1
Anthony Martial 70/1
Aaron Ramsey 80/1

Odds Subject to Change

Tokens
Euro Quarterfinals
By Toby Maxtone-Smith

Friday, June 30 - Wales vs. Belgium

Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Villeneuve-d'Ascq
TV/Time: ESPN2, 3:00 p.m. ET

Who would have thought Wales would be just three wins away from winning a major tournament? They are the last British team left at Euro 2016, and they face Belgium in the second quarter-final.

The interesting thing about this game is that the two sides have faced each other four times, in both the last round of qualifiers. The results will give Wales enormous hope: despite Belgium’s superior quality - Gareth Bale is the only Welshman who would be guaranteed a spot in the Belgium team - they have won one game each with the other two ending all square. There have only been five goals in the four games, and in the 1-0 win and the 0-0 draw Wales twice kept out Belgium in qualifying for this tournament.

They know how to stop Belgium, whose 4-0 win over Hungary was slightly skewed by three of the goals coming very late in the game.

Wales are 5/1 to win with Belgium 8/11 and a draw 13/5. The draw looks the best bet, but given the familiarity between the two teams betting on no goalscorer at 7/1 may be the better option. Expect a cagey game.

Prediction: No goalscorer at 7/1

Tokens
Mark July's must-watch, must-wager events on your sports betting calendar
By FRANK DOYLE

July is the one month where most sports bettors can take a step away from the daily grind and pick their spots.

That’s not to say July’s sports betting calendar doesn’t have some nice events to highlight on your schedule, it’s just that the pace of this month isn’t like anything we experienced in spring and early summer.

So if you’re planning to take a few days off this month, keep these sports odds and events in the back of your mind while you crush beers in the hammock.

Canada Day CFL Odds – July 1

Yes, live NFL football is still a month away, but if you need to scratch your pigskin pointspread itch, July 1 is a good place to start. Canada Day’s CFL offering features two Grey Cup favorites. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, deadlocked with the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos at +450 to win the CFL Grey Cup, are pegged as 6-point favorites at home to the B.C. Lions Friday.

About 81 percent of bettors are currently backing Hamilton. In the nightcap, the Stamps are big 10-point favorites against the visiting Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but 61 percent of bettors are taking the points there.

UFC 200 Odds – July 9

Even without Conor McGregor, Georges St-Pierre, or Rhonda Rousey, UFC 200 might end up being the largest pay-per-view draw in MMA history. Jon Jones opened as a -300 favorite versus Daniel Cormier when their rematch was announced, but considerable action on Cormier has “Bones” down to -265 in the main event.

Meanwhile, in the circus fight of the UFC 200 card, Brock Lesnar returns to MMA as a +115 underdog against veteran Mark Hunt. We’re already expecting this line to move once the WWE hardcore population has its say. Right now our UFC 200 odds feature 10 fights with odds of 3/1 or closer, so this might be the best card we’ve seen in a long time.

Euro 2016 Final Odds - July 10

It’s been a wild ride at the European Championships as we progress through the knockout stages. The host nation France opened the tournament as favorites with Germany close behind. And not much has changed since.

France and Germany are now co-favorites at +275, followed by Belgium (+400), Italy and Portugal at +650 each. The dark horses still in the running include Poland (+1800), Wales (+2400) and Iceland (+2800). The Euro 2016 championship game goes July 10 at the Stade de France.

The 145th British Open – July 14-17

It takes a tournament like The Open to show up on non-golfers’ betting radar in the middle of summer and this year’s edition looks to be up for grabs. World No. 1 Jason Day is tied with Rory McIlroy atop the odds board at +750. However, it’s Dustin Johnson at +1200 who is getting all the attention from bettors. After his U.S. Open victory, Johnson could be playing blindfolded on the moon and still be one of the most popular golf bets going.

July Wildcard Prop Bet

NHL Las Vegas Odds

The NHL will have a team in Las Vegas for the start of the 2017-18 season and there’s already some buzz about what the team nickname will be. Current NHL odds have Aces as the favourite at +200. Other interesting options like Sharps (+900), Hustlers (+800), and Gamblers (+1600) are also on the board. Personal favorite? Wiseguys at +2500.

Tokens
Five truly Canadian bets to make this Canada Day
By JASON LOGAN

I’ve had possibly the most Canadian week ever leading into the July 1 holiday, better known as “Canada Day”.

After subduing the football shakes with a couple bets on Week 1 of the CFL season (underdogs are now a perfect 8-0 ATS the last two opening weeks), I proceeded to injure my ankle playing Ultimate Frisbee and needed a trip to the hospital - a trip that didn’t cost me jack squat since we have kick-ass health care in Canada.

Once my foot felt better, I spent an evening mowing my lawn. And, after finishing up and briefly heading inside to grab an ice-cold Moosehead, I returned to my freshly-coiffed backyard to find a big-ass wild turkey confidently strutting about like Mike Reno, the lead singer for “Loverboy”.

My first instinct, since I’m a red-blooded Canuck, was to find out if it was turkey hunting season. It is not. And my second instinct, since I’m a red-blood Canuck, was to politely ask the turkey to leave – for which I’d immediately apologize for. Sorry.

But my third instinct, and one that speaks to the sports bettor in all of us, was to get that turkey something to eat. I grabbed whatever I thought a turkey would care to snack on and threw it at the big dumb bird. If I feed this turkey all summer long and keep him coming back for more, by the time the fall rolls around (AKA turkey season), he’ll be fatter than a garbage bag full of Tim Horton’s day-olds.

You see: risk a little to get a lot. That’s a gambler’s Holy Grail.

So, after being served a big slice of Canadiana this week, it only seems fitting to return the favor to my fellow sports bettors in the Great White North, and even those of you outside our vast borders. With Canada Day kicking off the weekend Friday, here are my favorite Canadian inspired bets for July 1:

Toronto Blue Jays

When the Red Sox are winning, Boston is buzzing. When the Cubs are cruising, Chicago is jumping. But when the Blue Jays are rolling, the entire nation is losing their frickin’ minds.

Take last season’s incredible second-half run and postseason appearance by Toronto. Jose Bautista’s infamous bat flip against the Rangers actually made Canadian sports fans forget about hockey for a few minutes. If you had immediately lobbied for the silhouette of Bautista barbarically discarding his bat to replace the maple leaf in the middle of the Canadian flag, it would have passed with a unanimous vote.

This Canada Day, the Jays are home to the red-hot Cleveland Indians. Toronto will be sporting their special red attire for the nation’s birthday, giving the nod to Marcus Stroman for the matinee start. The Blue Jays, who are currently -118 favorites, have won the last three July 1 outings and have outscored opponents 23-6 in those games.

CFL

It just doesn’t feel like Canada Day without some three-down football, am I right? It's like seeing Tom Cochrane without a jean jacket on. Last year, July 1 was void of any CFL action but the schedule makers have more than made up for that with a “double double” of Canadian pigskin Friday.

The BC Lions are visiting the Hamilton Ti-Cats, moving from touchdown dogs to 5.5-point pups in the early game. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are on the road facing the Calgary Stampeders later in the day, with Calgary moving from -8.5 to -10.5 – a rare double-digit CFL favorite.

Parity is the name of the game in the Canadian Football League. Last season, there were only five double-digit spreads all year, with those big faves going 4-1 SU and 3-2 ATS. The Stamps were responsible for two of those double-digit covers.

Wimbledon tennis

Both Canadian tennis stars, Milos Raonic on the men’s side and Eugenie Bouchard on the women’s, have advanced to the third round at the All England Club.

Bouchard, seeded 16th, faces 19th-seed Dominika Cibulkova next, with oddsmakers setting Genie as a +133 underdog despite defeating Cibulkova in both of their career meetings, including earlier this year at the Hobart Open. You can be sure that Covers' own Andrew “Taco” Caley will have a ticket on Bouchard, to go with his creepy shrine to Canada’s resident tennis goddess.

Raonic, who has yet to drop a set at Wimbledon, takes on American Jack Sock in the third round. Books have the Thornhill, Ontario native priced at -720 to advance. If swallowing that amount of juice feels like chugging a warm can of Labatt Maximum Ice (or even an ice-cold Maximum Ice... yuck), then perhaps you can cool down the vig by taking Milos at -103 to win in three straight sets.

MLS soccer

Is the quality of the Euro Cup just too good for you to wager on? Do you need a watered-down version of the beautiful game in which you know none of the players, nor did you realize half of the teams in the league even existed? Major League Soccer is begging you to bet on it. No, really. It is. On both knees.

There are three Canadian clubs in the MLS: Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. And according to our standings, none of them are really great – and none of them actually play on the Canada Day holiday.

However, Montreal hosts New England Saturday, as a +117 favorite in the three-way betting, and Toronto takes on visiting Seattle as a -139 three-way fave to win. Say what you want about the quality of the play, but I’ve heard it’s quite the party in the stands for a MLS game. Throw a long-weekend rager in the middle of those wagers, and I’m sold!

NHL futures

Hockey fans from East to West were extremely pissed off Wednesday when two massive trades by Canadian NHL clubs left puck faithful scratching their heads in Montreal and Edmonton. You would have thought they were outlawing the use of Muskoka chairs at the end of lake-view docks with the way Canadians (and Canadiens) were losing their shit.

Montreal dealt face of the franchise P.K. Subban to Nashville for fellow blueliner Shea Weber, while Edmonton packed up leading scorer Taylor Hall and sent him to New Jersey for defenseman Adam Larsson.

I have friends in both camps and let me tell you, Facebook was not a pretty place once those guys vented their frustrations. If anything fellas, you can get the Habs and Oilers at juicy odds to win the Stanley Cup next year with Montreal going off at +2,500 and Edmonton at +5,500.

Tokens
Preview: Stars (3-12) at Fever (7-9)

Date: July 01, 2016 7:00 PM EDT

Indiana Fever forward Tamika Catchings, in the midst of her 16th and final WNBA season, still has plenty left in the tank.

Catchings is coming off a 26-point, five-rebound, four-assist effort in a 95-83 win at the Chicago Sky on Wednesday afternoon, a performance that also served as a tribute to her college coach, Tennessee's Pat Summitt.

Catchings, whose entire pro career has been with Indiana, has scored at least 23 points in four of the past seven games. She is averaging a team-best 13.8 points per game as the Fever (7-9) play host to San Antonio (3-12) on Friday night.

Her performance against the Sky came one day after Summitt died. Catchings pointed a finger toward the sky after she scored Wednesday.

"I'm very happy," she said on WNBA.com. "Really, my motivation was two-fold. First, just for Pat, I wanted to play well for her. Second, I wanted to do well, playing back here in Chicago for the last time."

San Antonio has been struggling, especially on offense and on the road.

The Stars average a league-low 73.7 points per game and is also last in shooting percentage (40.5).

They opened a three-game road trip Wednesday afternoon with an 84-67 loss at Washington, dropping to 0-7 away from home. San Antonio trailed by as many as 30 points in the second half.

Guard Kayla McBride is the Stars' go-to scorer. She averages 17.8 points per game, ranking seventh in the WNBA. She doesn't have a lot of help, though, as forward Dearica Hamby is the only other double-digit scorer at 10.4 points per game.

Rookie guard Moriah Jefferson has been a bright spot, averaging 9.5 points and 4.3 assists.

Indiana has scored more than 90 points in two consecutive games, having made 51 of 55 free throw attempts in that span. Guard Erica Wheeler, having moved into the starting lineup in the past games, has reached double-digit points in the past three outings.

This will be the second of three meetings this season between the Fever and Stars. Indiana won 84-75 in San Antonio on June 17, as Catchings had 23 points, five steals and two blocks.

Tokens
Preview: Mystics (9-8) at Sky (6-9)

Date: July 01, 2016 8:30 PM EDT

The Washington Mystics are seeking their third consecutive victory as they embark on a five-game road trip that begins against the Chicago Sky on Friday at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill.

Washington (9-8) upset the Minnesota Lynx 87-63 on Sunday before beating the San Antonio Stars 84-67 on Wednesday. The victory over San Antonio moved the Mystics above .500 for the first time this season. They are third in the WNBA's Eastern Conference behind the New York Liberty and the Atlanta Dream.

In the win over San Antonio, the Mystics mounted an early 18-0 run to build a commanding 27-7 first-quarter lead.

"I think we're focused on coming out of the games with really high energy," said Natasha Cloud, who had 11 points against the Stars. "Pushing the ball in transition is what we're doing best right now."

Chicago (6-8) has lost two in a row and five of six, falling to fifth in the Eastern Conference. The Sky suffered an 80-79 loss to the Liberty on June 24 and dropped a 95-83 decision to the Indiana Fever on Wednesday.

Chicago beat Washington twice before its recent skid began. The Sky handed the Mystics back-to-back losses, beating them 86-78 on June 1 at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., and 98-72 on June 3 at Allstate Arena.

Elena Delle Donne had 18 points and nine rebounds while Cappie Pondexter added 16 points for Chicago in the first game. In the second game, Delle Donne had 18 points, six rebounds and six assists, leading six players who scored in double figures for the Sky. Pondexter and Allie Quigley scored 16 points apiece.

Delle Donne is fourth in the WNBA in scoring at 19.8 points per game. Teammates Jamierra Faulkner and Courtney Vandersloot rank second and third in assists, averaging 4.9 and 4.8, respectively.

Washington's Emma Meesseman leads the league in 3-point shooting at 56 percent.

Tokens
Preview: Liberty (11-5) at Mercury (7-9)

Date: July 01, 2016 10:00 PM EDT

The Phoenix Mercury will try to win its fourth consecutive game when they entertain the New York Liberty on Friday at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Ariz.

Phoenix (7-9) has won three in a row to move into a tie with Dallas for third place in the WNBA's Western Conference. In the past week, the Mercury has posted wins over Washington, New York and Connecticut.

Sonja Petrovic had a career-high 22 points in an 86-75 victory over Connecticut on Wednesday. Brittney Griner had 19 points, eight rebounds and five blocked shots. DeWanna Bonner added 18 points for Phoenix, which shot 50.8 percent from the field while holding the Sun to 38.2-percent shooting.

Candice Dupree had 26 points and seven rebounds while Diana Taurasi added 24 points in the Mercury's 104-97 overtime victory over New York on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. Tina Charles led the Liberty with 26 points and eight rebounds. Sugar Rodgers had 24 points.

Beating New York for the second time in six days would be an impressive feat for Phoenix. The Liberty has won seven of its last eight games and is coming off a 95-92 overtime victory against a Minnesota squad that won its first 13 games to set a WNBA record for consecutive victories to start a season. It was New York's fourth overtime game in its last five outings.

Rodgers scored a career-high 30 points in the win over Minnesota. Amanda Zahui B. made her first career start, posting 17 points and nine rebounds in place of Charles, who underwent a procedure Tuesday to repair a broken nose.

Charles sustained the broken nose in a June 22 game against Atlanta. She played two games before sitting out against Minnesota, posting 21 points with 13 rebounds against Chicago and 26 points with 15 rebounds against Indiana. The team has not indicated when Charles will return. She leads the WNBA with 22.3 points and 9.9 rebounds per game.

Tokens
CFL Betting Notes - Week 2
By David Schwab

A new season of CFL football got off to an exciting start on the field and anyone betting underdogs got off to a profitable start against the books with a perfect 4-0 record both straight-up and against the spread.

Hamilton kicked things off last Thursday with a 42-20 pounding of Toronto as a 3 ½-point road underdog. Montreal kept things going on Friday with a tight 22-14 victory on the road against Winnipeg as 2 ½-point dogs.

Saturday’s double-header started with Ottawa stunning Edmonton 45-37 in overtime as 6 ½-point underdogs on the road and British Columbia prevailed against Calgary in a 20-18 win as a three-point underdog at home.

Thursday, June 30

Ottawa RedBlacks (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS) vs. Montreal Alouettes (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS)
Point-spread: PICK
Total: 54

Game Overview

Ottawa successfully avenged last season’s loss to Edmonton in the Grey Cup title game with Saturday’s win, but it came at a price with quarterback Henry Burris leaving that game in the third quarter with a hand injury. He is currently listed as questionable for Thursday night and head coach Rick Campbell has already gone on record stating that he expects Trevor Harris to get the start.

Montreal has to be happy with its fast start after posting just one straight-up win in the last seven games of the 2015 regular season. Quarterback Kevin Glenn was impressive in his debut for the Alouettes with 332 yards passing and one touchdown throw while completing 30-of-42 passes. Duron Carter was his favorite target with eight catches for 96 yards.

Betting Trends

These two have met six times over the past two seasons and the RedBlacks are now a perfect 3-0 both SU in the last three meetings and 4-0 ATS in the last four games. The total has gone OVER in the last two contests.

Toronto Argonauts (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS) vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders (0-0 SU, 0-0 ATS)
Point-spread: Saskatchewan -2 ½
Total: 51 ½

Game Overview

The Argonauts will try and win their first game of the year on the road after coming-up short at the brand new BMO Field on opening day. Ricky Ray got the start at quarterback for Toronto in Week 1 and while he ended the game with 282 yards passing and a pair of touchdown throws to Vidal Hazelton, he was pressured all game long and sacked five times. He also fumbled the ball once to go along with an interception.

This will be Saskatchewan’s season opener after last week’s bye. It will quickly try and erase the memory of last season’s three-win disaster with quarterback Darian Durant back at the helm after missing the majority of 2015 due to injury. The Roughriders were also a good team to go against last season with just five victories ATS in 18 games.

Betting Trends

Toronto has gone 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 road games against the Roughriders and the total has gone OVER in six of the last seven meetings between the two. The Argonauts won both meetings in 2015 SU.

Friday, July 1

British Columbia Lions (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS) vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1-0 SU, 1-0 ATS)
Point-spread: Hamilton -7 ½
Total: 51

Game Overview

The Lions have to be happy with their fast start after getting hammered by Calgary 35-9 as nine-point road underdogs in last season’s CFL playoffs. Chris Rainy was the hero this time around with two touchdowns including the go-ahead score on a 73-yard punt return for a touchdown. Jonathan Jennings got the start at quarterback and threw for 248 yards while completing 24-of-42 attempts.

Hamilton looked pretty sharp in its season opener behind Jeremiah Masoli passing the ball and Andrew Fantuz catching it. These two hooked-up seven times for 99 yards and a score. Masoli ended the game with 318 yards passing and three touchdown throws while completing 27 of his 37 passing attempts. CJ Gable added 48 yards on the ground on 11 carries.

Betting Trends

The home team in this inter-division matchup has won the last six meetings SU and the total has gone OVER in five of those six games. They have split the season series 3-3 ATS over the past three years.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS) vs. Calgary Stampeders (0-1 SU, 0-1 ATS)
Point-spread: Calgary -8 ½
Total: 49 ½

Game Overview

The Blue Bombers have picked-up where they left off losing six of its last seven games SU in 2015. They were shutout in the first half against Montreal in a game that stayed well UNDER the closing 48 ½-point total line. Drew Willy did throw for 303 yards and a score and Andrew Harris added 80 yards rushing the ball on 13 carries, but Winnipeg could only find the end zone once in this game.

Calgary will look to bounce back after getting stunned as a road favorite. It was in position to tie that game in the fourth quarter, but veteran kicker Rene Paredes missed a field goal from 31 yards out. Quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell ended the day with 233 yards passing and the Stampeders were only able to add 50 yards on the ground.

Betting Trends

Winnipeg is 1-4 SU in the last five meetings but it has a 3-1-1 edge ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in the last four meetings in Calgary and it has stayed UNDER in four of the last six meetings overall.

Tokens
Friday's CFL doubleheader betting preview and odds

B.C. Lions at Hamilton Tiger-Cats (-6, 50.5)

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats look to win their fourth straight home opener when they welcome the BC Lions to Tim Hortons Field on Friday. The Tiger-Cats opened the season in impressive fashion as they posted a 42-20 victory over Toronto, and hope to pick up where they left off by beating the Lions for the fourth consecutive time at home.

Jeremiah Masoli proved to be an adequate replacement for injured star quarterback Zach Collaros, throwing for 318 yards and three touchdowns against the Argos, and looks to pick apart a Lions' defence that struggled in Hamilton's 52-22 win on Aug. 15, 2015. Wally Buono made a triumphant return to the sideline as he guided BC to a 20-18 comeback victory over Calgary. Buono, who is the winningest coach in CFL history, seemed to be heading for a defeat in his first game back since winning the Grey Cup with the Lions in 2011, but Chris Rainey returned a punt 72 yards for the go-ahead touchdown and BC hopes to ride that momentum to its first win at Hamilton since July, 18, 2014. "When you look at Rainey's return that was the difference maker," Buono told reporters. "Going into Hamilton is always going to be tough but if we want to be a championship calibre team we need to win those kind of games."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, TSN

LINE HISTORY: The Tiger-Cats opened this matchup favored by a converted touchdown at home. They have been bet down slightly to the current number of -6. The total has also been bet down slightly, going from the opening number of 51 to the current number of 50.5.

ABOUT THE LIONS (1-0, 1-0 ATS, 0-1 O/U): Jonathon Jennings, who was expected to share snaps with veteran Travis Lulay, played every down but missed several throws downfield as he finished 24-of-42 for 248 yards and no touchdowns in the win over Calgary. Linebacker Solomon Elimimian - the CFL's Most Outstanding Player in 2014 - recorded three tackles in his first game since rupturing his Achilles tendon on Aug. 15, 2015. Special teams ace Rainey, who had two 103-yard kick-return scores against Calgary last season, scored two touchdowns, including a 1-yard jet sweep en route to 157 total yards in Week 1.

ABOUT THE TIGER-CATS (1-0, 1-0 ATS, 1-0 O/U): Hamilton added former Notre Dame and Florida State quarterback Everett Golson to the practice squad Monday after third-string QB Jacory Harris was placed on the six-game injured list last week. "He's a talented athlete with a strong arm and can also pull down the ball and run," Hamilton coach Kent Austin told reporters. "He played at a high level in college and we'll see how quickly he can pick things up." Simoni Lawrence was named one of the CFL Top Performers of the Week after recording seven tackles, two sacks and an interception return for a touchdown in the win over the Argos.

TRENDS:

* Lions are 1-7 ATS in their last eight Week 2 games.
* Tiger-Cats are 1-5 ATS in their last six games versus a team with a winning record.
* Under is 4-0 in Lions last four games overall.
* Over is 5-1 in the last six meetings.

CONSENSUS: The public is siding with the favorite in this all-cat matchup with 63 percent of wagers backing the Tiger-cats. As far as the total is concerned, bettors think it will be a high scoring affair with 57 percent of wagers on the Over 50.5.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders (-10, 49)

The Calgary Stampeders look to bounce back from their first season-opening loss in five years when they host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Friday. The Stampeders blew an 11-point lead in the 20-18 setback against BC to spoil Dave Dickenson's coaching debut, and they hope to avoid losing back-to-back games for the first time since July of 2012.

"This is my first time losing a season opener since I've been here," Calgary defensive back Fred Bennett told reporters. "It should be a wakeup call and I hope this loss puts some fire behind us and we go in the right direction from here." Winnipeg's slew of free-agent signings failed to produce the desired results as they dropped a disappointing 22-14 decision to Montreal in Week 1. The Blue Bombers created a buzz around the league with the additions of all-stars Andrew Harris, Weston Dressler and Justin Medlock but the new-look offence failed to live up to the pre-season hype and Winnipeg fell to its 22nd loss in its last 28 games dating back to 2014. "Of course you want to come out with a win but I don't think there's any dampening of enthusiasm," Winnipeg defensive end Jamaal Westerman told reporters. "It's only a damper that we didn't get the win."

TV: 10 p.m. ET, TSN, ESPN2

LINE HISTORY: The Stamps opened as big 8.5-point home favorites, but bettors still didn't think that was enough with the line moving all the way to -10. The total has been bet down slightly, moving from 49.5 to the current number of 49.

ABOUT THE BLUE BOMBERS (0-1, 0-1 ATS, 0-1 O/U): Dressler caught three passes for 22 yards before being knocked out of the game in the first quarter with a head injury but Winnipeg coach Mike O'Shea is hopeful that he will be cleared to face the Stampeders. Harris, who was born in Winnipeg, was one of the lone bright spots as he rushed for 80 yards in his Blue Bombers' debut and Medlock connected on a 58-yard field goal in the loss to the Alouettes. Winnipeg added former New Orleans Saints' defensive back Terrence Frederick to the practice squad on Monday in an attempt to shore up the secondary.

ABOUT THE STAMPEDERS (0-1, 0-1 ATS, 0-1 O/U): Calgary kicker Rene Paredes, who made 41-of-47 attempts last season, missed two field goals including a potential game-tying kick from 43 yards with 3:43 remaining in the fourth quarter against the Lions. Kamar Jorden had the most productive game of his CFL career as he caught three passes for 73 yards and a touchdown while Lemar Durant had two receptions for 56 yards before suffering an ankle injury in the third quarter. Former Oklahoma Sooners' star Roy Finch impressed in his debut as he finished with 89 kick return yards, including a 59-yard sprint that set up a touchdown in the third quarter.

TRENDS:

* Blue Bombers are 4-0 ATS in their last four versus Western Division opponents.
* Stampeders are 5-1 ATS in their last six home games.
* Under is 4-0 in Blue Bombers last four games overall.
* Under is 4-0 in the last four meetings in Calgary.

CONSENSUS: Another game where the public is backing the big favorite, with 57 percent of wagers on the home side Stampeders. As for the total, 56 percent of wagers are on the Over 49.

Tokens
Week 2 CFL games

British Columbia (1-0) @ Hamilton (1-0)-- Both teams opened with upset wins; Lions beat Calgary at home, kicking winning FG with 3:43 left. TiCats won easily at Toronto, leading 18-6 at half-- they've lost last three visits to Hamilton by 8-2-30 points. Home side won last six series games, with five of those six games going over the total. Last year's meetings were one-sided; Hamilton won 52-22 at home in first meeting, then lost 40-13 in Vancouver in rematch.

Winnipeg (0-1) @ Calgary (0-1)-- Stampeders are 13-1 in last fourteen games vs Winnipeg, sweeping the Bombers LY, by 1-28-3 points. Winnipeg lost its last 12 visits to Calgary, going 3-2-2 vs spread in last seven. Under is 4-1-1 in last six series games. Stamps were 9-1 at home LY, covering five of last six. Winnipeg got upset at home by Montreal LW, its 11th loss in last 13 games, dating back to LY- they lost seven of last eight road games (3-5 vs spread).

British Columbia Lions
Hamilton TigerCats 6.5, 50.5

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Calgary Stampeders 9.5, 49.5

Tokens
At the Gate - Friday
By Mike Dempsey

We have a great holiday weekend of betting action coming up, with the Summit of Speed at Gulfstream Park featuring a couple of Breeders’ Cup Challenge races.

However, one of the more intriguing stakes this weekend is Saturday’s $300,000 Mother Goose (G1) at Belmont Park for three-year-old fillies that drew a solid group of seven runners.

While the race is missing division leader Songbird as well as Acorn (G1) winner Carina Mia and Kentucky Oaks (G1) winner Cathryn Sophia, the seven heading to the gate are a talented group.

Rachel’s Valentina is the 9-5 morning line favorite and has plenty of fans since her mare is the great Rachel’s Alexandra. She was a disappointing sixth in the Kentucky oaks in her last outing.

Two back she was beaten just a neck in the Ashland (G1) at Keeneland and last fall she ran second to Songbird in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1).

She is going to have to bounce back and perhaps run a career top to beat her foes on Saturday afternoon. Among those are Acorn runner up Off the Tracks, Kentucky Oaks third place finisher Lewis Bay and the undefeated Lightstream.

Lightstream broke her maiden in her debut earning a 103 Beyer Speed Figure and then won the seven furlong Beaumont (G3) at Keeneland in a good looking effort. Trainer Bryan Lunch then tried the daughter of Harlan’s Holiday on turf, a somewhat puzzling move.

It worked out just fine, as she won the Soaring Softly at seven furlongs over the Belmont Park turf course and now it is back to dirt and her first trip at a route. However, the Mother Goose’s distance of 1 1/16 miles is still around one turn.

I’ll have selections for the Mother Goose in tomorrow’s column and we will take a closer look at the Summit of Speed.

Here is today’s opening race from Belmont Park to get the day off to a good start:

BEL Race 1 Clm $25,000 (3:05 ET)
4 Shadow Rider 8-5
2 General Bellamy 9-5
3 Rare Eagle 6-1
6 Geo Niko 5-1

Analysis: Shadow Rider stalked the early pace and made a mild late rally to finish third last out against $55,000 starter allowance foes. He caught a racing strip that was kind to inside speed that day. Toscano finds a good spot for him here tagged for $25,00 and facing non-winners of two.

General Bellamy tracked the early pace and finished evenly in a third place finish last out against Alw-1 optional claimers at Gulfstream Park going a mile. Two back this guy ran a good second versus $30,000 non-winners of two, nearly 10 lengths clear of the rest of the field. Nicks runners have been very live at the meeting (15-5-4-4) so far. A repeat of his last outing may be good enough to beat this group. Looks like a chalky exacta to start off the day.

Wagering
WIN: #4 to win at 8-5 or better
EX: 2,4 / 2,3,4
TRI: No play

Today’s Featured Race of the Day from Belmont Park:

BEL Race 7 Alw $77,000N1X (6:17 ET)
1 On Tap 10-1
2 Siding Spring 6-1
8 Royal Asset 5-1
7 Cort 4-1

Analysis: On Tap makes his first start since December, his first go on turf and first as a gelding here for the Rice barn that is having a strong meeting. He ran in two keys races last year in his first two starts against winners. He is by Tapit out of the stakes winner Fantastic Shirl ($251,505) who has dropped four other winners and three of them have won on turf. The Rice barn is 15% winners with runners coming back off a +180-day layoff.

Siding Spring set the early fractions and weakened to finish fourth as the beaten chalk last out against Alw-1 optional claimers. It was his first trip on grass since running third in the Bourbon (G3) last fall over yielding turf at Keeneland. He broke his maiden on turf at Kentucky Downs last year and after a couple of unsuccessful tries on the Derby trail at Oaklawn Park in the spring the return to turf may suit this guy.

Wagering
WIN: #1 to win at 5-1 or better
EX: 1,2 / 1,2,7,8
TRI: 1,2 / 1,2,7,8 / 1,2,7,8,11,13

Live Longshots:
These are price plays for exotic players looking to find a couple of extra contenders to use in their trifecta and superfecta wagers. Or for those with smaller bankrolls, you might want to get in a small win-place wager.

Belmont Park
R2: #4 Everybodyluvsrudy 10-1
R6: #3 Riff Raff 15-1
R7: #1 On Tap 10-1
R9: #3 Defining Product 10-1
R9: #4 St. Louis 10-1

Good luck today!

Tokens
Handicapped by Chatsworth Consortium at Mohawk Racetrack

Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 9 - Post: 10:10 - 1 mile. PACE - Class Rating: 80 - Purse:$18000 - ONTARIO SIRES STAKES - GRASSROOTS - 3 YEAR OLD COLTS & GELDINGS. STARTING FEE $350.00

CONSORTIUM CHOICES

Chatsworth Consortium

# 6 BROOKDALE SONNY 7/2

# 7 XPERT BAYAMA 3/1

# 4 IMSPORTY 4/1

BROOKDALE SONNY figures to be our best wagering option in this outing. This standardbred looks very good. Check out the 83 average TrackMaster SR. The handicapping group gives this fine animal a great chance to win this one, class figures are tops in the group. When the trainer Moore puts Christoforou up for the drive nice things happen. Take a look at the 21 win percent. XPERT BAYAMA - Recorded a 80 speed rating last time out. A duplicate affair here should get the top prize here. Always excellent driver-handler pair. 23 percent winners when they team up. IMSPORTY - He has been racing competently and the speed ratings are among the most compelling in the grouping. Been competing with some tougher customers of late, has a distinct class advantage. (Average Rating 79).

Tokens
Handicapped by Chatsworth Consortium at Saratoga Harness

Race 4 - Post: 7:45 - 1 mile. PACE - Class Rating: 66 - Purse:$6400 - FILLIES & MARES - 5-YEAR-OLDS & UNDER - NON-WINNERS 2 EXTENDED PARI-MUTUEL RACES OR $15,000 LIFE. SARATOGA ZUZU - FIRST TIME LASIX MEDIA QUEEN N - FIRST TIME LASIX

CONSORTIUM CHOICES

Chatsworth Consortium

# 5 ROSESCAPE 5/2

# 1 HIGHWAY BLUES 9/5

# 4 ROCKING AFFAIR 10/1

ROSESCAPE looks nice to best this race. Many horse players know speed is is such an important factor. This harness racer has credentials with a 75 avg figure. With a 67 average class figure, this solid standardbred has one of the most solid class edges in the group of horses. If performance in the most recent competition is any indication, this entrant will have a very great shot this time. High last race TrackMaster Speed Rating. HIGHWAY BLUES - Really liked this mare's last race. Ran a strong 66 speed rating. Major contender. Have to back a fine animal coming out of the Saratoga Harness 1 position. The win figure is great, way above normal. ROCKING AFFAIR - She's racing in good form, recording strong TrackMaster speed figs. An excellent choice. Has a huge shot in this one, if she can race to her back racing class.

Tokens
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Hazel Park

Race 2 - Maiden Special Weight - 4.0f on the Dirt. Purse: $8500 Class Rating: 44

FOR MICHIGAN BRED MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES

The Walker Group Picks

# 3 MY VICTAURUSECRET 3/1

# 2 OBSCENE BRITCHES 6/1

# 5 WEDDING PRAYER 2/1

MY VICTAURUSECRET is the strongest wager in this race. Has been running very well lately and will most likely be on the lead early on. Have to take notice when any equine makes a quick return to the track. OBSCENE BRITCHES - A solid 50 avg Equibase class figure may give this mare a distinct class edge versus this group. WEDDING PRAYER - Have to take a chance on this mare with the solid earnings per start in dirt sprint events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
likesmuji1
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com