Ever Wonder Why California is so Broke?

Search

Tokens
Barman in the midst of all your mishaps I thought I would drop a Will Rogers on ya.

"There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."
Will Rogers

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit
Tokens
Thanks Russ

Given my - at that time - over 30 yrs of almost all friendly dealings with all kinds of dogs, I musta been pretty stoned that day (ok, yes I pretty much was)....Sitting down in a low couch with my legs spread watching the Penn St/Texas game (9/8/90) and that pregnant lab comes over and gets a head rub on one side. Then the chow comes over from the other side and sticks his head in......I reach out to pet his head and he goes right inside my reach and rips my lip off.

Which of course sends me RIGHT BACKWARDS OVER THE COUCH in pure panic scream like a woman mode, thus giving him the shot at my inner thigh and one chomp of my left hand which was thrown forward in a futile defensive strike.

He followed me right over the couch and as I made an attempted dash of approximately 20' to the nearest doorway (the bathroom) he got my calf and then my friend burst in from the other room and got him away so I could get to the bathroom and collapse.

My pal was renting/sharing a house with the chow's owner and had already been tense. He had already given her notice he was moving on October 1st. Told me later that for those final three weeks he never left his personal bedroom unless he had his .38 in hand.

Good times....good times.

The chow's owner was a woman who was not present when the attack occurred. She had gone out to liquor store for the planned CFB watching party. Upon return, she gave statement to the police and rescue people that "he (me) was teasing the dog and it made the dog angry."

This in hopes of saving the dog from penalties. But no worry, it was just his first attack of a human and they told her he would be on essentially a probationary term. And it was the key reason her homeowners insurance would not pay my hospital bills for over three years.

Less than two months after my attack, neighbors across the street have a garage sale which attracts a variety of driveby interest.

Girl goes out to her mailbox with chow along and as usual, unleashed (of course). Chow grabs a ten year old kid by the arm and pretty much chews it off before spectators can intervene.

Death Penalty carried out in Grand Prairie just a few days later.......justice prevails

Tokens
BMan: There was a red chow that ruled about a square mile around my neighborhood as a kid. I can relate. I was a paper boy back then and I think he used to hide somewhere different every morning just to spook my ass. He never bit me though. I can't believe her home owners wouldn't pay. What Insurance company was that?

Tokens
BMan: There was a red chow that ruled about a square mile around my neighborhood as a kid. I can relate. I was a paper boy back then and I think he used to hide somewhere different every morning just to spook my ass. He never bit me though. I can't believe her home owners wouldn't pay. What Insurance company was that?

Man I don't even recall

The total hospital/surgeon bill was like $10K

They hung their defense on her statement that i had antagonized the dog.

I do recall that my final walkaway amount for "pain & suffering" was itself about $5K once the attorney got his chunk

Until the memory was stimulated by the start of this thread (my wasp sting reference) had not paused to realize it was coming up on 21 freakin' years since that day.

I can still recall the many days of annoyance and frustration dealing with the claim.

Now it seems rather minisucle given 21 years of perspective

Tokens
nm....Barman is on the case:

----------
FIRM MEMBERS

Myron Weasel
Member since 1963

Myron is the senior attorney in the firm, and has long been the face of our personal injury practice. He trained as an associate under Dickie Dewey Jr., son of the firm's founder. Myron provides decades of wisdom to our staff. While he still assists in marketing and client retention, he spends most of his time treating young female associates and paralegals to vacations in exotic locations as well as in local hourly motels. He's earned it.

Jimmie Cochrane
Member since 1982

Jimmie heads the firm's criminal defense unit. Often mistaken for his late half-brother Johnnie, Jimmie actually invented the Chewbacca defense. After starting out on his own, he quickly recognized the greater revenue potential in representing wealthy clients and his deceptive talent helped him fit in well at Dewey Cheatham & Howe.

Elizabeth "Betty" Dumpzer
Member since 1985

Betty heads our firm's divorce practice. She got her nickname in high school after a string of relationships ended badly. She took this to heart and turned it to her favor, marrying a string of wealthy men and taking their money after catching them with the hookers she secretly sent them. Myron Weasel was one of her victims. But instead of getting angry, he appreciated her talent and helped her find a home here at Dewey Cheatham and Howe. She is also the firm's head of Human Resources.

Tokens
STAFF

Some law firms hire clerical staff to make sure the paperwork on cases is in order, keep track of calendars, etc. We don't waste our resources like that. We hire the best prostitutes, drug dealers, and former cops we can find to smooth over any difficult situations that might come up in our cases.

Tokens
LOBBYING

Most people think of legislative representation as an honorable profession with a long history. At Dewey Cheatham & Howe, we reject such nonsense. Lobbying is all about getting government out of your way, and in the way of your rivals.

Let's face it - governments are full of people who are fond of money, drugs, gambling, and whores, among other desires. We help our clients figure out which officials have the most influence and the greatest need. Through our connections in the appropriate service industries, we are able, at the right moment, to satisfy the wants and needs of critical people in the legislative and executive branches of government at the federal, state and local levels.

Tokens
So much for the old adage: Honesty is the best policy.

Tokens
[ State-funded scholarships and aid for illegal aliens going to state universities, wow what a brilliant idea for a state that is bankrupt ]

Governor Jerry Brown Signs Second Half of California Dream Act

Published October 09, 2011
| Fox News Latino
Jerry%20Brown%20Dream%20Act%202.jpg

AP
July 25: California Gov. Jerry Brown, right, signs AB 130 Dream Act bill on the back of Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, left, at the Mather Luther King Library at the Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles.

Governor Jerry Brown announced Saturday that he has signed the second half of California's DREAM Act legislative package which allows undocumented immigrants to apply for state-funded scholarships and aid at state universities.
AB131 by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, is the second half of the California Dream Act. Brown signed the first half of the package in July, which approved private scholarships and loans for students who are undocumented immigrants.
Under current law, undocumented immigrant students who have graduated from a California high school and can prove they're on the path to legalize their immigration status can pay resident tuition rates. The bill would allow these students to apply for state aid.

Related StoriesBrown Signs 1st Part of Calif. DREAM ActPerry Reaffirms Support for TX DREAM
The contentious second half of the package requires that immigrant students meet the same requirements as all other students applying for financial aid at state universities but specifies that they only qualify for financial aid after all the other legal residents have applied.
"The signing of now both parts of the California Dream Act will send a message across the country that California is prepared to lead the country with a positive and productive vision for how we approach challenging issues related to immigration," Cedillo said.
The bills are different from the federal Dream Act, which includes a path to citizenship for the children of undocumented immigrants.
Brown says the bill expands educational opportunities for all qualified students.
"Going to college is a dream that promises intellectual excitement and creative thinking," Brown said. "The Dream Act benefits us all by giving top students a chance to improve their lives and the lives of all of us."
Critics of the bills say it undermines immigration laws and encourages undocumented immigration by granting access to state resources reserved for legal residents. Many Republican lawmakers say legal students have had their grants cut in light of recent budget cuts to higher education.
Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, said the bill's passage will the biggest mistake the Democratic Party makes.
"The polling indicates that 80 to 90 percent of Californians are against this, and it crosses party lines," Donnelly said. He said he hopes to get a ballot initiative overturning the law started as soon as the bill is officially included in state statutes.
"It is absolutely, fundamentally wrong and unfair and it is an insult to people who have worked and played by the rules, including those who have come to this country legally," he said.
Ginny Rapini, coordinator for the NorCal Tea Party Patriots, said there should be consequences for undocumented immigrants and giving them an education funded by California taxpayers isn't fair to the legal residents who can't afford to pay for their own tuition.
"What part of illegal do we not get? When people come here illegally they need to come here with the same rules and regulations that other people came here with," Rapini said.
Supporters argue that children whose were brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents shouldn't be punished.
The state Department of Finance estimates that 1 percent of all Cal Grant funds, the state student financial aid program, will be affected by the legislative package when it goes into effect in January 2013. The department says that 2,500 students would qualify for aid under the bill and estimates the costs to equal $14.5 million of a $1.4 billion program.
Based on reporting by the Associated Press.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...cond-half-california-dream-act/#ixzz1aTyaKZ8J

Tokens
[ Only in the liberal state of California, 6 yr old kid gets charged with sexual assault for brushing up against another kid while playing tag ]

Hercules Family Battles Sex Assault Claim Against 6-Year-Old

January 27, 2012 7:27 PM

Share this 514
275 comments
lupine-hills.jpg
The Lupine Hills Elementary School campus in Hercules. (CBS)

Filed under

Local, News, Syndicated Local
Related tags

Child, Crime, Hercules, Lupine Hills Elementary, Permanent Record, Playground, School, Sex Assault, Tag

HERCULES (CBS 5) – An East Bay dad claims a game of tag on the playground resulted in his 6-year-old son being accused of sexual assault – a decision he said was an overreaction by school officials.
The parent, who asked only to be identified as Oswin, said his son was accused of brushing his best friend’s leg or groin while the two were playing on the playground at Lupine Hills Elementary in Hercules two months ago.
Oswin said his child was kept in the principal’s office for two hours until he confessed. He was suspended, and a sexual battery charge was placed on his permanent school record.
“To me, I think it’s an overreaction,” said Marilyn Cheeks, a Lupine Hills Elementary parent
Legally, there’s no such thing as sexual assault for a six year-old in California.
It wasn’t until Oswin and his wife got a lawyer that the school backed off. District officials declined to discuss specifics. They did confirm that an investigation was conducted, and that the child could not be charged with sexual battery. The claim was removed from the boy’s record.
Oswin’s son is attending another school now. He said he only hopes no one else will have to go through what his family did.
(Copyright 2012 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...yground-sex-assault-claim-against-6-year-old/

Tokens
[h=1]Los Angeles Times: ‘Undocumented’ Is Also Racist[/h]
By Matthew Sheffield | May 02, 2013 | 10:31
1002 60 Reddit94 4
A A

Do you remember when the musician Prince changed his stage name to a symbol as a form of protest against his music label? Since no one could pronounce it, he was generally referred to as “the artist formerly known as Prince” in the press.
The immigration debate took a similar absurd turn yesterday thanks to the Los Angeles Times which announced to the world that it would not only cease referring to people who had violated American immigration laws as “illegal immigrants,” it would also refrain from using the latest politically correct term “undocumented” to describe them as well.
immigrants-crossing-sign3.jpg
Perhaps this was inevitable given the fact that trying to use the word undocumented to refer to someone who overstayed a visa is clearly inaccurate. There are, in fact, documents that prove the individual in question came to this country at some point.
“The alternative suggested by the 1995 guidelines, ‘undocumented immigrants,’ similarly falls short of our goal of precision,” the paper admitted in a memo released to employees.
But rather than take the easy way out and use the fully accurate term “illegal immigrant,” the Times has decided to favor circumlocution instead:
In covering both individuals and groups, the goal is to provide relevance and context and to avoid labels.
Use the term "illegal immigration" to describe the phenomenon of entering or residing in a country in violation of the law.
Avoid using "illegal immigrant" or "undocumented immigrant" to describe individuals except when necessary in direct quotations. [...]
Be specific whenever possible in describing an individual’s status:

• "Authorities said he crossed the border illegally."
  • "She entered the country to attend college but overstayed her student visa."
  • "He was brought here as a child by his parents, who entered the U.S. without a visa."
While the policy was stated formally yesterday, as the Times’s ombudsman noted, the paper has already been following this practice for some time. There is also a full copy of the memo at the link if you wish to read it.
In the announcement, the Times admitted that the terminology change was made after the Associated Press banned its writers from referring to people in the country against the law as “illegal immigrants” last month.

Tokens
[h=1]California Delivers Free Condoms to 12-Year-Olds[/h]
score-free-condoms.png

Email Article
Print Article Send a Tip

by William Bigelow 4 May 2013 473 post a comment
[h=2]Middle-school California kids, now you can be as sexually profligate as you want to be--and your parents don’t even have to know about it! The California Condom Access Project, run by the California Health Council, which is making condoms available for kids as young as 12 in an online, taxpayer-funded condom delivery service, has expanded their service to include San Diego and Fresno counties.[/h]
But it gets better if you keep secrets from your parents. If you visit this website, as many as 10 free condoms can be delivered in confidential packaging, along with lubricant and educational materials. And in California, teens don’t need parental consent to buy contraceptives.

Among 15-19 year-olds, San Diego County ranks second in chlamydia cases in California, and ranks sixth in gonorrhea cases. The state is rampant with STDs; syphilis cases zoomed 18% from 2010 to 2011, Chlamydia rose 5% and gonorrhea rose 1.5%.

The news of the expanded program follows Tuesday’s announcement by the FDA of their approval of sale of the morning-after pill to girls as young as 15.

Amy Moy, vice president of public affairs of the California Family Health Council said, "It's really important that we all share with youth in our lives that abstinence is the most effective way to avoid sexually transmitted infection and unintended pregnancy. But we know that teens are engaging in sexual activity, and we just want to help them be as safe as possible and not keep our heads in the sand and pretend there isn't a problem."

Tokens
Zit I don't think the site is encouraging 12 year olds to fuck. Proof of that is below. See the first two links:
http://www.teensource.org/ts/blog

What the site encourages young kids to do if they're going to fuck is to protect themselves from pregnancy and diseases. Should it be taxpayer funded? I don't know. Does it cost the taxpayers more in the long run if these kids have more babies, or spread aids or gonorrhea?

This whole "free condoms" thing is more indicative of a societal problem with no solution. Girls are reaching sexual maturity earlier than ever now. And even the ugly ones can get laid. A 15 year old girl at home with a baby will cost the taxpayers more than a box of condoms. You have a right to be appalled. But at whom?

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
I don't wonder, CA is the capital on libtard nation

they want to bring the magic of the south side of Chicago and the magic of CA to the rest of the world

why do libtards think the laws they espouse are the solution, ignoring results like the south side of Chicago and CA? They be what they be, they're our cross to carry throughout our life

the lord works in mysterious ways

just think, if everyone was a libtard, how fucked up would we be?

we're here for a reason my friend, we're their salvation

Tokens
[h=1][ Liberals doing a great job here ]

California in the red by $127.2 billion, state auditors say[/h]
-
The Washington Times
Monday, April 1, 2013

Ads by Google

[h=5]Story Topics[/h]

A financial report issued by state auditors finds that the state of California is in the red by an unsustainable $127.2 billion.

The report says that the state’s negative status increased that year, largely because it spent $1.7 billion more than it received in revenues and wound up with an accumulated deficit of just under $23 billion in fiscal year 2011-2012, the Sacramento Bee stated.
Gov. Jerry Brown has referred to the deficit and other budget gaps, mostly money owed to schools , as a “wall of debt” totaling more than $30 billion, the Sacramento Bee reported.
About half of the deficit came from the state issuing general obligation bonds and then giving the money to local governments and school districts for public works projects. The report listed California’s long-term obligations at $167.9 billion, nearly half of which ($79.9 billion) were in general obligation bonds, with another $30.8 billion in revenue bonds, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
likesmuji1
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com