Cnotes Best Bets For Wednesday May 20th - MLB - NBA -NHL !

Search

Tokens
Yanks' Ellsbury heads to DL w/knee injury

May 19, 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) - New York Yankees center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury is heading to the 15-day disabled list with a sprained right knee after getting injured Tuesday night during an 8-6, 10-inning loss to the Washington Nationals.

The Yankees said that outfielder Slade Heathcott would be called up from Triple-A Scranton-Wilkes-Barre on Wednesday. Heathcott will be selected to the 40-man roster, requiring another move to make room there.

Ellsbury, New York's leadoff hitter, left Tuesday's game in the fourth inning after manager Joe Girardi noticed the player seemed hurt while batting.

Ellsbury walked in that inning, then moved to second on a groundout. That's when Girardi and a team trainer went out to visit him. But Ellbury stayed in, wound up scoring, then left before the bottom of the inning.

''I went out and talked to him and said, `Are you in a lot of pain?' And he said, `No, not really.' And then I said, `Can you run?' And he said, `Let me see. Let me get through this inning and let me see.' And when he got in the dugout,'' Girardi recounted, ''we just said, `That's it.'''

Ellsbury entered the game with a team-leading .327 batting average.

-----------------------------------------

Tigers place Victor Martinez on DL

May 19, 2015

DETROIT (AP) - Victor Martinez has been put on the 15-day disabled list by the Detroit Tigers after struggling in his return from offseason knee surgery.

The Tigers announced the move Tuesday. They recalled outfielder Tyler Collins from Triple-A Toledo.

The team says Martinez is dealing with left knee inflammation. He had surgery on that knee in February after tearing the medial meniscus.

The 36-year-old Martinez is hitting .216 with only one home run in 2015. The switch-hitter is 12 for 26 against left-handers and 12 for 85 against righties.

Detroit has four outfielders who have been in the starting lineup for at least 14 games: Yoenis Cespedes, Anthony Gose, J.D. Martinez and Rajai Davis. Now they all might play regularly, since Martinez's designated hitter spot is open.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nationals put OF Werth on disabled list

May 19, 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) - Nationals left fielder Jayson Werth has been put on the 15-day disabled list with a bruised left wrist after getting hit by a pitch.

Washington also recalled infielder Wilmer Difo from Double-A Harrisburg.

The Nationals announced the moves before Tuesday night's game against the New York Yankees

Werth was hit on the wrist Friday against the San Diego Padres. His second stint on the DL this season is retroactive to Saturday.

Difo is considered one of the Nationals' top prospects and recently was promoted to Harrisburg, hitting .308 in 52 at_bats.

Tokens
Diamond Trends - Wednesday

May 20, 2015

SU TREND OF THE DAY:

The Reds are 14-0 since August 22, 2008 on the road when their starter went less than four innings in his last start after a loss for a net profit of $1705.

PITCHER TREND OF THE DAY:

When Tim Lincecum starts the Giants are 9-0 since July 14, 2012 when he worked between 3.67 and 4.67 innings last start less than seven days ago for a net profit of $933 when playing on.

MLB BIBLE ACTIVE TREND:

The Royals are 13-1 (+$1185) since April 19, 2014 as a home favorite in the second or third game of the series when they are off a win in which they never trailed.

CHOICE TREND:

The Nationals are 0-7 since April 17, 2014 at home after a win that was tied after six innings for a net profit of $1001 when playing against.

ACTIVE TRENDS:

The Mariners are 2-12 since August 30, 2014 when they are off a loss in which they held the lead for a net profit of $1095 when playing against.

Tokens
Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

Six times I saw my dad when he was the happiest.......

-- May 1970, Knicks over the Lakers in Game 7 to win the NBA title. He loved the Knicks with Frazier-DeBusschere-Reed-Bradley.

-- Not sure of the year, but he was a $2 bettor at the racetrack-- horse named Old Vic won and he hit a $131 exacta-- he talked about that for the next ten years. .

-- December 2003-- He won an NFL pool at the bank he went to. First place, decent amount of money. He was very happy.

-- Whenever he was working at Town of Colonie golf course; he worked there after he retired from NY State. He loved his friends he worked with there.

-- 1986, Mets over Red Sox in World Series. My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, but he became a huge Met fan. Daniel Murphy was his favorite current Met.

-- 1981-- Chargers beat the Oilers in the Astrodome; Dan Fouts kept throwing TD passes. That was last game on my dad's football ticket that week-- he saw Fouts on TV last year and still remembered that Fouts won him his football ticket that day.

Armadillo: Wednesday's List of 13: RIP Dad, thanks for everything..........

Its hard to write this; my best friend died last night.

Bernie Fischer was a great dad, a better friend, the best person I ever met. He passed away last night at age 89. I will miss him greatly.

He was born in Queens but lived in Albany since the mid-50's, when he met my mother. My dad grew up a huge Brooklyn Dodger fan-- his favorite player was an OF named Pete Reiser who always got hurt running into walls.

My dad loved the Mets, Knicks, Giants, Rangers; he loved to golf, probably because its sense of honor appealed to an honest man. He was someone who didn't have great professional success because he wasn't a weasel like a lot of people who "get ahead".

You hear stories about moms who threaten her kids with "Just wait until your father gets home!!!" Hell, we couldn't wait until he got home-- things always got a lot better once he walked in the house. He was a joy to be around, just a nice person who like to smile and have fun.

I wasn't allowed to watch the Three Stooges as a kid, but if my mother went out I would put it on; my dad would walk in, shake his head; within five minutes, he was laughing harder than I was. He'd say how stupid it was, then walk out of the room laughing his head off.

Dad was a very good shortstop as a kid; I sucked at baseball, but he always tried to help me and the one year he coached me was the year I was actually pretty good, even made the All-Star team. My proudest moment was getting a double in the All-Star Game and seeing him cheering wildly behind home plate.

I was the student manager of our basketball team in college; he went to the games with his friend Joe and would stop by practices to bring me home. My friends on the team always went up to talk to him and greet him during drink breaks-- the coaches too. I'll be forever indebted to them for that.

He was a patient man who never busted my balls when I showed up for my driver's test without the piece of paper you needed to take the test, or when my orthodontist yelled at me because my braces broke, or when I got divorced.

He was a great husband; he loved going to Florida for a couple months every winter after he retired. He became a pretty good golfer, even though he didn't hit the ball real far. He always hit it straight and he could putt fairly well.

The last few years, Dad liked going to Cliff's restaurant on Saratoga Lake with his friend Fran; it was a bad omen when Cliff's closed for good in January. He went there every Thursday for many years.

He was a religious man who was an example of how to live a good life; he was not a guy who wore his religion on his sleeve, but he was nice to everyone and if you didn't like him, it said more about you than about him.

As sad as today is, he is with his parents, his brother and my mother today; he is telling St Peter how the Mets need a shortstop. Seriously, he probably is.

Like I said before, my dad is the best person I've ever met; even though he is gone now, its hard to believe he'll ever be very far away.

RIP Dad, thanks for everything. I love you.

Tokens
MLB
Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, May 20

National League
Cardinals @ Mets
Martinez is 0-2, 10.29 in his last three starts, all of which went over.

Colon is 2-2, 5.33 in his last four starts; over is 3-1-1 in his last five.

Mets won four of last seven games with St Louis; under is 9-1-1 in last 11 games in series. Mets won three of last four games- they're 16-5 at home. Under is 7-4-2 in their last 13 games. Cardinals lost six of last ten games- five of their last seven games stayed under.

Diamondbacks @ Marlins
Anderson is 0-0, 0.98 in his last three starts; five of his last seven went under.

Phelps is 2-0, 2.30 in his last five starts, four of which went over.

Miami lost eight of last nine games; their last three stayed under; they are 4-6 in last ten games with Arizona-- six of last eight series games stayed under. Arizona won its last two games; four of its last five stayed under.

Phillies @ Rockies
Gonzalez is 1-1, 10.57 in his two starts- they both went over.

Butler is 0-3, 8.25 in his last three starts.

Colorado lost 14 of its last 17 games, with four of last five going over; they lost four of last six games with Philly- five of six went over total. Phillies won six of their last seven games, with five of those staying under the total.

Cubs @ Padres
Wada is making first '15 start; he was 0-3, 5.32 in his last five starts LY; under is 5-3 in his last eight starts.

Ross is 1-1, 3.00 in his last three starts; seven of his last nine went over.

Cubs lost five of last six games with San Diego (over 5-0-1); Chicago won six of its last eight games- under is 5-3-1 in his last nine. Padres lost three of last four games, outscored 27-10; four of their last five games went over.

Dodgers @ Giants
Anderson is 1-0, 1.65 in his last three starts. .

Lincecum is 2-0, 1.45 in his last three starts; under is 4-2-1 in his last seven.

Home side won eight of last nine Dodger-Giant games; LA lost last four in this park. Dodgers are 2-4 in last six games, but 6-4 in last ten road games. Giants won last four games, scoring 32 runs; over is 4-2-1 in their last seven.

American League
Angels @ Blue Jays
Weaver is 2-0, 0.55 in his last two starts; his last three stayed under.

Hutchison is 1-0, 2.45 in his last two starts; five of his last six went over.

Angels won nine of last 13 games; ten of their last 12 stayed under the total. Halos won nine of last 12 games with Toronto. Blue Jays lost eight of last 10 games; five of their last eight went over.

Mariners @ Orioles
Elias is 0-1, 3.26 in his last three starts; his last four stayed under.

Chen is 1-1, 2.25 in his last four starts; under is 3-1-1 in his last five.

Seattle lost six of last eight games with Baltimore; seven of last nine series games stayed under. Mariners lost seven of last eight road games; five of their last six games overall stayed under the total. Orioles are 5-6 in last 11 games; four of their last five games stayed under.

Rangers @ Red Sox
Klein is making first MLB start; he has 3.80 RA in 23.2 big league IP. Klein was 1-0, 1.69 in six AAA games this year, but only two starts.

Kelly is 0-2, 7.16 in his last five starts; over is 5-3 in his last eight.

Boston won six of their last eight games with Texas; they're 6-3 in last nine games overall, with last six games staying under total. Red Sox lost five of their last seven home games. Rangers lost four of last five games.

A's @ Astros
Hahn is 0-2, 7.89 in his last four starts, all of which went over.

Keuchel is 7-0, 1.74 in his last ten starts; four of his last five went over.

Houston won six of last seven games, scoring 35 runs; they won last five of last six games with Oakland- four of last five went over total. A's lost ten of last 12 games; over is 7-3-1 in their last eleven.

Indians @ White Sox
Marcum is making first '15 start; he's made 161 MLB starts, but last one was in 2013 for the Mets- he is 4-0, 1.36 in five AAA starts this season.

Rodon is 1-0, 6.30 in his first two MLB starts, both of which went over; Sox scored 15 runs in thos two games.

White Sox won eight of last ten games, with seven of last eight staying under total. Chicago won three of last five games with Cleveland; last dozen series games stayed under total. Indians are 5-6 in last 11 games; five of their last seven games stayed under.

Interleague
Bronx @ Nationals
Warren is 1-1, 4.67 in his last three starts; six of his last eight went over.

Zimmerman is 1-0, 2.37 in his last three starts; his last four went over.

Nationals lost three of last four games with Bronx; three of last four in series went over the total. Washington won ten of last 12 games (over 11-1). Bronx lost six of last seven games, with five of seven staying under the total.

Twins @ Pirates
Pelfrey is 3-1, 3.41 in his last five starts; his last three went over.

Locke is 0-2, 7.62 in his last five starts; over is 6-1-1 in his last eight.

Minnesota won seven of last ten games with Pittsburgh; six of last eight in series went over. Twins are 4-4 in last eight games; seven of their last ten went over. Pirates lost five of last six; six of their last nine stayed under.

Brewers @ Tigers
Lohse is 2-0, 2.77 in his last two starts; over is 4-2-2 in his last eight.

Greene is 1-0, 0.69 in his last two starts; four of his last six went over.

Milwaukee is 6-4 in its last ten games; under is 4-2-1 in its last seven. Detroit lost its last three games, scoring four runs; seven of their last ten games stayed under the total. Teams are meeting this week for first time since 2009; Brewers are 4-3 in last seven series games, with four of last six went over.

Rays @ Braves
Odorizzi is 1-1, 2.29 in his last three starts; his last five stayed under.

Perez is making first MLB start; he was 2-0, 1.33 in five AAA starts.

Rays lost four of last six games with Atlanta; eight of last 11 series games stayed under. Tampa Bay won five of last seven games; its last three games went over the total. Braves won three of last four games, allowing 11 runs; three of their last four games went over.

Reds @ Royals
Marquis is 1-2, 8.40 in his last three starts; his last five went over.

Guthrie is 2-0, 2.92 in his last two starts; over is 4-2-1 in his last seven.

Cincinnati lost six of last seven games with Kansas City; four of last six went over total. Reds lost last four games, allowing 33 runs; three of their last four games went over. Royals won four of last five games; under is 4-1-1 in his last six.

Win-loss records this year for team with this starting pitcher:
Az-Mia-- Anderson 1-6; Phelps 3-3
StL-NY-- Martinez 5-2; Colon 6-2
Phil-Colo-- Gonzalez 1-1; Butler 3-4
Chi-SD-- Wada 0-0; Ross 4-4
LA-SF-- Anderson 4-3; Lincecum 3-4

LAA-Tor-- Weaver 3-5; Hutchison 5-3
Sea-Balt-- Elias 0-4; Chen 4-3
Tex-Bos-- Klein 0-0; Kelly 4-3
A's-Hst-- Hahn 1-6; Keuchel 7-1
Clev-Chi-- Marcum 0-0; Rodon 2-0

NY-Wsh-- Warren 5-2; Zimmerman 5-3
Min-Pitt-- Pelfrey 5-2; Locke 4-3
Mil-Det-- Lohse 4-4; Greene 5-3
TB-Atl-- Odorizzi 4-4; Perez 0-0
Cin-KC-- Marquis 4-3; Guthrie 5-2

Times this starting pitcher allowed a run in first inning:
Az-Mia-- Anderson 3-7; Phelps 1-6
StL-NY-- Martinez 1-7; Colon 2-8
Phil-Colo-- Gonzalez 2-2; Butler 3-7
Chi-SD-- Wada 0-0; Ross 2-8
LA-SF-- Anderson 0-7; Lincecum 1-7

LAA-Tor-- Weaver 3-8; Hutchison 2-8
Sea-Balt-- Elias 2-4; Chen 2-7
Tex-Bos-- Klein 0-0; Kelly 4-7
A's-Hst-- Hahn 3-7; Keuchel 2-8
Clev-Chi-- Marcum 0-0; Rodon 0-2

NY-Wsh-- Warren 2-7; Zimmerman 3-8
Min-Pitt-- Pelfrey 1-7; Locke 1-7
Mil-Det-- Lohse 4-8; Greene 2-8
TB-Atl-- Odorizzi 1-8; Perez 0-0
Cin-KC-- Marquis 3-7; Guthrie 2-7

Umpires
Az-Phil-- Five of six Dreckman games went over.
StL-NY-- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Eddings games.
Phil-Col-- Underdogs won four of last five Davidson games.
Chi-SD-- Favorites won all five Nauert games.
LA-SF-- Four of last five Hernandez games went over.

LA-Tor-- Over is 4-0-1 in Schrieber games this year
A's-Hst-- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Meals games.
Sea-Balt-- Four of last six Hirschbeck games stayed under.
Tex-Bos-- Underdogs are 4-4 in Winters games this year.
Cle-Chi-- Six of seven Scott games went over the total.

Min-Pitt-- Three of last four Kellogg games stayed under.
NY-Wsh-- Three of last four Hudson games stayed under.
Mil-Det-- Under is 3-1-1 in last five Gorman games.
TB-Atl-- Underdogs are 12-9 in last 21 Hoberg games.
Cin-KC-- Five of last six West games went over total.

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, May 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:10 PM
OAKLAND vs. HOUSTON
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Houston
Houston is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Oakland
Houston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games

7:05 PM
MINNESOTA vs. PITTSBURGH
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota's last 8 games when playing Pittsburgh
Minnesota is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games when playing Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota

NY YANKEES vs. WASHINGTON
NY Yankees are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games when playing on the road against Washington
NY Yankees are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington's last 7 games when playing at home against NY Yankees
Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

SEATTLE vs. BALTIMORE
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle's last 9 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baltimore's last 9 games when playing at home against Seattle
Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Seattle

7:07 PM
LA ANGELS vs. TORONTO
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Angels's last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of LA Angels's last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 14 of Toronto's last 20 games when playing LA Angels
Toronto is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games

7:08 PM
MILWAUKEE vs. DETROIT
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 6 games when playing Detroit
Milwaukee is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

7:10 PM
ST. LOUIS vs. NY METS
St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of St. Louis's last 11 games when playing NY Mets
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of NY Mets's last 11 games when playing St. Louis
NY Mets are 18-5 SU in its last 23 games at home

TEXAS vs. BOSTON
Texas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
Texas is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston's last 8 games at home
Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home

ARIZONA vs. MIAMI
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing Miami
Arizona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
Miami is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games when playing Arizona

TAMPA BAY vs. ATLANTA
Tampa Bay is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Tampa Bay's last 23 games
Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta's last 11 games when playing Tampa Bay

8:10 PM
CLEVELAND vs. CHI WHITE SOX
The total has gone OVER in 16 of Cleveland's last 22 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 7 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Chi White Sox are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Cleveland

8:10 PM
CINCINNATI vs. KANSAS CITY
Cincinnati is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Kansas City
Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City's last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Kansas City's last 13 games when playing Cincinnati

8:40 PM
PHILADELPHIA vs. COLORADO
The total has gone OVER in 16 of Philadelphia's last 24 games when playing on the road against Colorado
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia's last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 16 of Colorado's last 24 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Colorado's last 6 games

10:10 PM
CHI CUBS vs. SAN DIEGO
Chi Cubs are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing San Diego
Chi Cubs are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games
San Diego is 9-3 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs

10:15 PM
LA DODGERS vs. SAN FRANCISCO
LA Dodgers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games
LA Dodgers are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
San Francisco is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games at home

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, May 20

A perfect example of why you should be handicapping MLB umpires

Bill Welke leads all MLB umpires with an 8-1 Over/Under record when behind home plate this season.

On May 1 of this year, Carlos Carrasco of the Cleveland Indians and Mark Buehrle of the Toronto Blue Jays took the bump for their respective clubs in an American League showdown that pitted one of the game’s up-and-coming talents against one of Major League Baseball’s most accomplished lefties.

But when the dust had settled at Progressive Field in Cleveland on that chilly Friday evening, the 28-year-old, newly-minted Carrasco and the 36-year-old Buehrle had combined to surrender an astounding 12 earned runs through 10 1-3 innings pitched in a shootout that saw Cleveland top Toronto by the score of 9-4.

On the surface, many would simply discredit this May 1 outing as a night in which neither starting pitcher brought his best stuff to the rubber. But as a gambler, looking to gain an edge over the house in any way imaginable, we can’t afford to take this nearsighted approach. Everything that happens in professional sports happens for a reason. Sometimes you just have to sift through the wreckage in order to discover the red flag.

In this particular instance, that red flag comes in the form of 17-year-veteran MLB umpire Bill Welke, who was behind the plate in Cleveland on May 1. Casual bettors get so caught up in pitching matchups and, to some degree, situational analysis, that they can easily lose track of one of the most important aspects of baseball wagering: Knowing the man behind the plate tasked with calling balls and strikes.

Why is a keen understanding of the man in the mask so integral to baseball wagering? Look no further than our above example for a textbook lesson in how different umpires can dictate the flow of the games in which they are assigned.

As of this past Sunday evening, Welke had assumed his position behind the dish nine times in 2015, with a staggering eight of those encounters resulting in victories for the home team, just like it did for the Indians over the Jays on May 1. But even more specifically, Welke’s style of officiating lends itself well to high-scoring affairs, as those nine matchups umpired by the man in question have gone a highly lucrative 8-1 Over/Under.

How does an umpire influence the amount of runs a given team will score on any particular night? In the instance of Welke, it’s a smaller strike zone that greatly benefits hitters. With Welke calling balls and strikes on May 1, Carrasco finished the night with just 62.3 percent of his 101 pitches going for strikes - the worst percentage the right hander has posted all year in games in which he’s pitched at least 5.0 innings (six). In Buehrle’s case, the wily veteran had just 63.6 percent of his 80 pitches called as strikes, which is the lowest strike percentage of his last five starts.

More balls lead to more walks, more walks equate to more base runners and more base runners result in more runs scored. In the case of Welke, his nine games behind home plate this season have seen an average of 10.89 runs per game scored (fourth most of 87 MLB umpires) and 6.89 walks per contest issued (16th most), which means that bettors should be licking their chops to play the Over when the 47 year old steps behind home plate.

With a new-found respect regarding the importance of each and every umpire crew now under our belts, here are some of the key names to monitor over the coming weeks:

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING HOME TEAMS

Bill Welke: 8-1
Greg Gibson: 7-1
Mike Everitt: 7-1
Jordan Baker: 6-1
Larry Vanover: 6-1
Jim Reynolds: 6-1

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING ROAD TEAMS

Dale Scott: 6-1
Mike Muchlinski: 5-1
Bruce Dreckman: 5-1
Joe West: 6-2
C.B. Bucknor: 6-2

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING OVERS

Paul Schrieber: 5-0
Bill Welke: 8-1
C.B. Bucknor: 6-1
Dale Scott: 6-1
Brian Knight: 5-1

UMPIRE RECORDS FAVORING UNDERS

Mark Ripperger: 6-0
Vic Carapazza: 5-1
Mike Estabrook: 4-1
Dan Iassogna: 7-2
Chris Guccione: 6-2

Tokens
MLB
Dunkel

Wednesday, May 20

Arizona @ Miami

Game 901-902
May 20, 2015 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Arizona
(Anderson) 16.293
Miami
(Phelps) 15.109
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Arizona
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Miami
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Arizona
(+120); Under

St. Louis @ NY Mets

Game 903-904

Dunkel Rating:
St. Louis
(Martinez) 16.853
NY Mets
(Colon) 14.363
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Mets
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(-110); Under

Philadelphia @ Colorado

Game 905-906
May 20, 2015 @ 8:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Philadelphia
(Gonzalez) 13.261
Colorado
(Butler) 16.810
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Colorado
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Colorado
Dunkel Pick:
Colorado
(-140); Over

Chicago Cubs @ San Diego

Game 907-908
May 20, 2015 @ 10:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago Cubs
(Wada) 13.101
San Diego
(Ross) 16.548
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Diego
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Diego
6 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
San Diego
(-145); Over

LA Dodgers @ San Francisco

Game 909-910
May 20, 2015 @ 10:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(Anderson) 17.633
San Francisco
(Lincecum) 13.762
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 4
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
(-120); Under

Oakland @ Houston

Game 911-912
May 20, 2015 @ 2:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Oakland
(Hahn) 13.676
Houston
(Keuchel) 15.966
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
Dunkel Pick:
Houston
(-165); Under

LA Angels @ Toronto

Game 913-914
May 20, 2015 @ 7:07 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Angels
(Weaver) 16.116
Toronto
(Hutchison) 14.591
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Angels
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Toronto
Dunkel Pick:
LA Angels
(+100); Over

Seattle @ Baltimore

Game 915-916
May 20, 2015 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Seattle
(Elias) 16.014
Baltimore
(Chen) 13.591
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Seattle
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Baltimore
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Seattle
(+115); Over

Texas @ Boston

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Klein) 13.104
Boston
(Kelly) 16.597
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(-170); Over

Cleveland @ Chicago White Sox

Game 919-920
May 20, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cleveland
(Marcum) 14.377
Chicago White Sox
(Rodon) 17.276
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago White Sox
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
(-135); Over

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh

Game 921-922

Dunkel Rating:
Minnesota
(Pelfrey) 15.005
Pittsburgh
(Locke) 13.548
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Pittsburgh
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(+130); Under

NY Yankees @ Washington

Game 923-924

Dunkel Rating:
NY Yankees
(Warren) 16.593
Washington
(Zmmermnn) 15.617
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
NY Yankees
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Washington
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
NY Yankees
(+125); Under

Milwaukee @ Detroit

Game 925-926
May 20, 2015 @ 7:08 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
(Lohse) 16.212
Detroit
(Greene) 15.109
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Milwaukee
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Detroit
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Milwaukee
(+145); Under

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Game 927-928

Dunkel Rating:
Tampa Bay
(Odorizzi) 16.018
Atlanta
(Perez) 18.005
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(+115); Under

Cincinnati @ Kansas City

Game 929-930
May 20, 2015 @ 8:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cincinnati
(Marquis) 14.457
Kansas City
(Guthrie) 16.092
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Kansas City
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Kansas City
Dunkel Pick:
Kansas City
(-155); Over

Tokens
MLB
Long Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIZONA (17 - 21) at MIAMI (16 - 24) - 7:10 PM
CHASE ANDERSON (R) vs. DAVID PHELPS (R)
Top Trends for this game.
ARIZONA is 81-119 (-33.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 81-119 (-33.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 62-89 (-25.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 28-51 (-23.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
MIAMI is 11-22 (-13.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
ARIZONA is 2-0 (+2.4 Units) against MIAMI this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

CHASE ANDERSON vs. MIAMI since 1997
ANDERSON is 1-0 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.667.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

DAVID PHELPS vs. ARIZONA since 1997
No recent starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ST LOUIS (26 - 13) at NY METS (23 - 17) - 7:10 PM
CARLOS MARTINEZ (R) vs. BARTOLO COLON (R)
ST LOUIS is 19-35 (-19.1 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 102-100 (+9.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 16-5 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
NY METS are 13-3 (+9.8 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 7 or less this season.
NY METS are 16-5 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field this season.
NY METS are 15-4 (+10.8 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters this season.
NY METS are 52-47 (+10.2 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
COLON is 44-26 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
COLON is 44-26 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
ST LOUIS is 26-13 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ST LOUIS is 26-13 (+11.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
ST LOUIS is 21-8 (+11.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
ST LOUIS is 54-39 (+12.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 11-25 (-12.7 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.

NY METS is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

CARLOS MARTINEZ vs. NY METS since 1997
MARTINEZ is 0-0 when starting against NY METS with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 1.500.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-0. (+0.0 units)

BARTOLO COLON vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
COLON is 4-0 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 2.77 and a WHIP of 0.923.
His team's record is 6-0 (+6.8 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.3 units)

PHILADELPHIA (17 - 24) at COLORADO (14 - 22) - 8:40 PM
SEVERINO GONZALEZ (R) vs. EDDIE BUTLER (R)
PHILADELPHIA is 19-37 (-19.1 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 73-93 (-29.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 80-118 (-34.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 225-298 (-80.8 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997.
COLORADO is 80-118 (-34.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 52-83 (-29.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 55-87 (-30.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 34-49 (-17.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

SEVERINO GONZALEZ vs. COLORADO since 1997
No recent starts.

EDDIE BUTLER vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
No recent starts.

CHICAGO CUBS (21 - 17) at SAN DIEGO (20 - 20) - 10:10 PM
TSUYOSHI WADA (L) vs. TYSON ROSS (R)
CHICAGO CUBS are 1408-1570 (-279.0 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1351-1483 (-253.8 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1033-1167 (-212.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
SAN DIEGO is 104-79 (+19.7 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 104-79 (+19.7 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 33-20 (+11.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 34-22 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

SAN DIEGO is 3-1 (+2.2 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+4.0 Units)

TSUYOSHI WADA vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
WADA is 0-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 11.25 and a WHIP of 2.250.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.3 units)

TYSON ROSS vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
ROSS is 1-0 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 3.08 and a WHIP of 1.371.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.0 units)

LA DODGERS (24 - 14) at SAN FRANCISCO (21 - 18) - 10:15 PM
BRETT ANDERSON (L) vs. TIM LINCECUM (R)
SAN FRANCISCO is 121-97 (+19.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 31-14 (+18.4 Units) against the money line in May games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 23-12 (+11.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 121-97 (+19.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 1037-867 (+118.7 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997.
SAN FRANCISCO is 246-157 (+53.0 Units) against the money line in home games against left-handed starters since 1997.
SAN FRANCISCO is 68-51 (+17.0 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 57-49 (+12.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
LINCECUM is 22-11 (+11.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
LA DODGERS are 56-27 (+20.6 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 5-2 (+4.4 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.9 Units)

BRETT ANDERSON vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
ANDERSON is 0-3 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 6.10 and a WHIP of 1.597.
His team's record is 2-3 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.4 units)

TIM LINCECUM vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
LINCECUM is 9-8 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.26 and a WHIP of 1.360.
His team's record is 16-10 (+6.4 units) in these starts. The OVER is 14-11. (+1.7 units)

OAKLAND (14 - 27) at HOUSTON (26 - 14) - 2:10 PM
JESSE HAHN (R) vs. DALLAS KEUCHEL (L)
OAKLAND is 14-27 (-18.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
OAKLAND is 49-55 (-14.4 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 5-13 (-11.0 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
OAKLAND is 25-33 (-19.7 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
OAKLAND is 49-55 (-26.5 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 1-12 (-13.8 Units) against the money line in day games this season.
OAKLAND is 14-27 (-18.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
OAKLAND is 1-8 (-9.1 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
OAKLAND is 44-49 (-15.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 26-14 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
HOUSTON is 52-52 (+14.0 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 26-14 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
HOUSTON is 16-9 (+7.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
HOUSTON is 16-9 (+8.1 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
KEUCHEL is 24-13 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
KEUCHEL is 16-5 (+14.6 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
KEUCHEL is 23-12 (+15.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

HOUSTON is 5-3 (+2.7 Units) against OAKLAND this season
5 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

JESSE HAHN vs. HOUSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

DALLAS KEUCHEL vs. OAKLAND since 1997
KEUCHEL is 1-2 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 3.21 and a WHIP of 1.275.
His team's record is 5-3 (+3.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-4. (-0.1 units)

LA ANGELS (20 - 19) at TORONTO (18 - 23) - 7:05 PM
JERED WEAVER (R) vs. DREW HUTCHISON (R)
TORONTO is 284-246 (+41.8 Units) against the money line in May games since 1997.
LA ANGELS are 57-29 (+17.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 760-738 (+70.1 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
LA ANGELS are 190-171 (+29.4 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997.
LA ANGELS are 93-62 (+18.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 67-34 (+22.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
WEAVER is 90-44 (+32.9 Units) against the money line after a win since 1997. (Team's Record)

LA ANGELS is 1-1 (+0.1 Units) against TORONTO this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.1 Units)

JERED WEAVER vs. TORONTO since 1997
WEAVER is 9-2 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 3.39 and a WHIP of 1.049.
His team's record is 10-2 (+7.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 6-5. (+0.9 units)

DREW HUTCHISON vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
HUTCHISON is 0-2 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 6.52 and a WHIP of 1.553.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.1 units)

SEATTLE (17 - 21) at BALTIMORE (17 - 19) - 7:05 PM
ROENIS ELIAS (L) vs. WEI-YIN CHEN (L)
SEATTLE is 20-36 (-20.2 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
SEATTLE is 11-19 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SEATTLE is 82-87 (-25.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.
ELIAS is 6-13 (-9.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
BALTIMORE is 117-89 (+33.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 58-44 (+12.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 64-41 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 103-77 (+29.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 82-54 (+32.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 63-52 (+13.4 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 50-33 (+16.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
CHEN is 34-15 (+18.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
CHEN is 23-12 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CHEN is 11-1 (+10.1 Units) against the money line in home games after a win over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

BALTIMORE is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against SEATTLE this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

ROENIS ELIAS vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
ELIAS is 0-1 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 1.69 and a WHIP of 1.406.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.0 units)

WEI-YIN CHEN vs. SEATTLE since 1997
CHEN is 2-2 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 3.00 and a WHIP of 1.052.
His team's record is 4-2 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.2 units)

TEXAS (16 - 23) at BOSTON (19 - 20) - 7:10 PM
PHIL KLEIN (R) vs. JOE KELLY (R)
TEXAS is 83-118 (-21.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 79-112 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 54-93 (-33.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 53-80 (-20.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 4-16 (-11.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
KELLY is 26-14 (+12.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
BOSTON is 90-112 (-31.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 37-50 (-18.9 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 42-57 (-29.9 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 22-28 (-13.0 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 80-96 (-26.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 64-79 (-21.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 63-78 (-19.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 36-55 (-25.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.

BOSTON is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against TEXAS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.1 Units)

PHIL KLEIN vs. BOSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

JOE KELLY vs. TEXAS since 1997
No recent starts.

CLEVELAND (15 - 23) at CHI WHITE SOX (18 - 18) - 8:10 PM
SHAUN MARCUM (R) vs. CARLOS RODON (L)
CLEVELAND is 15-23 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CLEVELAND is 8-17 (-11.9 Units) against the money line against division opponents this season.
CLEVELAND is 15-23 (-12.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
CLEVELAND is 2-12 (-13.0 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 63-62 (+14.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 30-20 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 38-53 (-19.4 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents over the last 3 seasons.

CHI WHITE SOX is 4-3 (+0.8 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
7 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+7.0 Units)

SHAUN MARCUM vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
MARCUM is 4-0 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 1.99 and a WHIP of 0.787.
His team's record is 6-0 (+6.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-4. (-2.2 units)

CARLOS RODON vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
No recent starts.

MINNESOTA (22 - 17) at PITTSBURGH (18 - 21) - 7:05 PM
MIKE PELFREY (R) vs. JEFF LOCKE (L)
PELFREY is 10-34 (-22.0 Units) against the money line in road games after a win since 1997. (Team's Record)
PITTSBURGH is 140-99 (+28.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 93-55 (+26.3 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
PITTSBURGH is 363-370 (+48.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
MINNESOTA is 22-17 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MINNESOTA is 12-5 (+8.9 Units) against the money line in May games this season.
MINNESOTA is 22-17 (+9.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
MINNESOTA is 13-6 (+10.9 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
MINNESOTA is 12-5 (+9.5 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
MINNESOTA is 15-6 (+12.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
PELFREY is 6-0 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
PITTSBURGH is 55-55 (-32.1 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.

MINNESOTA is 1-0 (+1.5 Units) against PITTSBURGH this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.1 Units)

MIKE PELFREY vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
PELFREY is 3-2 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.78 and a WHIP of 1.407.
His team's record is 4-2 (+1.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-3. (-1.4 units)

JEFF LOCKE vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
No recent starts.

NY YANKEES (22 - 18) at WASHINGTON (23 - 17) - 7:05 PM
ADAM WARREN (R) vs. A.J. COLE (R)
WASHINGTON is 94-64 (+28.9 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.

WASHINGTON is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against NY YANKEES this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

ADAM WARREN vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
No recent starts.

A.J. COLE vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
No recent starts.

MILWAUKEE (15 - 25) at DETROIT (23 - 17) - 7:05 PM
KYLE LOHSE (R) vs. SHANE GREENE (R)
DETROIT is 15-17 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in home games in May games over the last 3 seasons.
DETROIT is 25-30 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 35-37 (-18.1 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 49-49 (-17.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

MILWAUKEE is 2-0 (+2.5 Units) against DETROIT this season
1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.0 Units)

KYLE LOHSE vs. DETROIT since 1997
LOHSE is 7-6 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 5.65 and a WHIP of 1.514.
His team's record is 10-10 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 10-9. (+0.1 units)

SHANE GREENE vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
No recent starts.

TAMPA BAY (22 - 18) at ATLANTA (18 - 20) - 7:10 PM
JAKE ODORIZZI (R) vs. ERIC STULTS (L)
TAMPA BAY is 99-103 (-23.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
STULTS is 40-31 (+15.6 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
ATLANTA is 97-103 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 95-102 (-19.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 76-84 (-18.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
STULTS is 2-12 (-9.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

TAMPA BAY is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against ATLANTA this season

JAKE ODORIZZI vs. ATLANTA since 1997
No recent starts.

ERIC STULTS vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
STULTS is 0-1 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 5.07 and a WHIP of 1.876.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CINCINNATI (18 - 21) at KANSAS CITY (25 - 14) - 8:10 PM
JASON MARQUIS (R) vs. JEREMY GUTHRIE (R)
CINCINNATI is 8-25 (-14.7 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +125 to +150 over the last 3 seasons.
CINCINNATI is 27-53 (-21.4 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 25-14 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
KANSAS CITY is 25-14 (+10.5 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
KANSAS CITY is 89-63 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 88-62 (+15.4 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
GUTHRIE is 26-16 (+11.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
GUTHRIE is 26-15 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CINCINNATI is 698-787 (+41.1 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 507-569 (+35.3 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
KANSAS CITY is 14-25 (-17.3 Units) against the money line in home games in May games over the last 3 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 300-319 (-72.0 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997.

KANSAS CITY is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against CINCINNATI this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JASON MARQUIS vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
MARQUIS is 3-0 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 4.50 and a WHIP of 1.333.
His team's record is 3-0 (+3.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-0. (+3.0 units)

JEREMY GUTHRIE vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
GUTHRIE is 1-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 5.06 and a WHIP of 1.968.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-0. (+2.1 units)

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, May 20

Potential thunderstorms at Coors Field Wednesday

According to weather forecasts, there is a 78 percent chance of thunderstorms in Denver when the Colorado Rockies host the Philadelphia Phillies Wednesday evening.

The Rockies, currently priced -132, are scheduled to start Eddie Butler, while Severino Gonzalez is the scheduled starter for the Phillies. The total is down to 10 from the opening 10.5.

Indians and White Sox play to 12th consecutive under

The Cleveland Indians topped the Chicago White Sox 3-1 Tuesday night, making the under 12-0 in the last 12 contests between the two AL Central rivals.

Dating back to last season the under is also a crazy good 20-3 in their last 23 meetings overall.

The teams will try for 13 unders in a row when they continue their four-game series Wednesday night in Chicago.

The Tribe will call on veteran Shaun Marcum to make his first start since 2013, while the Pale Hose counter with rookie Carlos Rodon. The total for tonight's game is currently at 8.0 runs.

Astros tough to beat when Keuchel on the hill

The Houston Astros are 7-1 this season when Dallas Keuchel takes the mound and will try to make it 8-1 Wednesday afternoon against the Oakland A's.

In fact the Astros only loss in a Keuchel start was a 2-1 defeat against the Texas Rangers on May 4th, where he pitched 8.0 innings allowing just one run on five hits.

Keuchel takes his 5-0 record and 1.87 ERA to the hill this afternoon as -163 home favorites. Jesse Hahn (1-3, 4.42 ERA) gets the call for the A's.

Odorizzi continues to cash Under tickets

Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Jake Odorizzi has been one of the best Under pitchers in the Major Leagues this season and takes a 1-7 O/U count into Wednesday's start against the Atlanta Braves.

Under tickets have cashed in five-consecutive Odorizzi starts and the righty gets just 2.00 runs of support per outing ranking him last among American League hurlers.

Oddsmakers have a total of 7.5 on Wednesday's Rays-Braves game. Atlanta is scheduled to counter with Williams Perez on the hill.

Struggling Marlins costing bettors money

The Miami Marlins (and their backers) are mired in a five-game losing skid which has seen the club close as favorites in each instance.

Miami was swept by the visiting Atlanta Braves priced as -130, -120 and -127 favorites before dropping its first two games against the Arizona Diamondbacks priced as -119 and -142 faves

The NL East club is currently the third-worst in our Money Standings at -$998.

The Fish will try to snap their skid as -131 home faves against the Diamondbacks Wednesday.

Tokens
MLB

Wednesday, May 20

Twins mashing lefty starters

The Minnesota Twins are 8-0 in their last eight games in which they have faced a lefty starter after last night's 8-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates and lefty Francisco Liriano.

But not only are the Twins beating left handers, they are beating them up, scoring an average of 8.25 runs per game over that eight game stretch.

The over, not coincidentally, has also been a hot play when the Twins face lefties, going 6-2 over/under in the last eight games and 13-4 O/U for the season.

The Twins are currently +137 underdogs as they face their second straight lefty at PNC Park in Pittsburgh Wednesday, when they go up against Jeff Locke.

Locke is 2-2 with a 5.40 ERA in seven starts this season. The Twins counter with Mike Pelfrey (3-1 3.23 ERA).

Top Over umpire calling Angels-Blue Jays

Paul Schrieber, one of the top Over umpires in the Major Leagues at 5-0 Over/Under, will be tasked with calling balls and strikes in Wednesday's game between the Los Angeles Angels and Toronto Blue Jays.

There is an average of 11 runs crossing the plate per game when Schriber is calling pitches. That number ranks him third behind Bruce Dreckman (11.2 per game) and James Hoye (11.1 per game).

The total for Wednesday's game opened at 9 and is down to 8.5.

Tokens
Game 1 - Cavaliers at Hawks

May 20, 2015

For the first time in franchise history, the Atlanta Hawks are in the Eastern Conference finals. To get there, Mike Budenholzer's team needed six games to get past both Brooklyn and Washington.

In order to get to the NBA Finals, the top seed in the Eastern Conference will have to go through a second-seeded Cleveland squad that features the world's best player in LeBron James. The Cavaliers swept Boston in the opening round before sliding past Chicago in six.

James has taken Cleveland to the Finals before, turning the trick in 2003 with an inferior supporting cast. In his second tour of duty with the Cavs, a better set of players was put around the franchise centerpiece. However, perennial All-Star Kevin Love was lost for the season due to a shoulder injury sustained in Game 4 against the Celtics.

Love averaged 16.4 points and 9.7 rebounds per game in 75 regular-season contests. His absence has led to more minutes for Tristan Thompson, who is averaging 8.5 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.1 blocked shots per game in 10 postseason outings.

James has another All-Star at his side in Kyrie Irving, who is playing in the playoffs for the first time. Irving has averaged 19.8 points, 3.3 assists and 3.3 rebounds against the Celtics and Bulls, but he's been bothered by foot and knee injuries. Nevertheless, the one-year star at Duke is "going to go" in Game 1 at Philips Arena.

Cleveland (61-31 SU, 44-48 ATS) overcame a pair of series deficits to win three straight games and advance past Chicago. Trailing the series 2-1 after a Derrick Rose buzzer beater off the glass clipped them in Game 3, the Cavs answered in Game 4 thanks to a LeBron James' jumper just before the horn.

Cleveland overcame head coach Dave Blatt in the Game 4 win. The first-year NBA man nearly committed one of the worst coaching blunders in NBA postseason history. When the Bulls tied the game on a bucket with 9.4 seconds remaining, Blatt inexplicably tried to call a timeout when there were none left in his pocket.

This would've resulted in a technical foul, but assistant Tyronn Lue alertly halted his boss's negligent intentions before one of the referees noticed. Then Blatt went from dumb to dumber.

Cleveland was fortunate to get to design a play as the officials went to replay to determine how much time was left. Before eventually ruling there were 1.5 ticks left, Blatt drew up a play with James throwing the inbounds pass. This would obviously not allow him to take the shot, so James vetoed his coach in a moment of utter incompetence.

Moments later, James cut to the corner, caught the pass and drained the game winner.

After pushing past Chicago in Game 5 at home, the Cavs closed it out at United Center by spanking the Bulls, 94-73 as 2.5-point underdogs. Matthew Dellavedova erupted for 19 points in the series decider, while James contributed 15 points, 11 assists, nine rebounds and a pair of blocked shots. Thompson finished with 13 points, 17 boards and two blocks. Irving only played 12 minutes.

As of early Tuesday night, most betting shops had Atlanta (68-26 straight up, 55-37-2 against the spread) listed as a one-point favorite with a total of 197 points for the series opener.

Atlanta hasn't played its best basketball of the season recently, but it's extremely difficult to look like the club that had an amazing stretch of 33 wins in 34 games during the regular season. With the series against Washington knotted at 2-2, the Hawks rallied to beat the Wizards 82-81 in Game 5 behind a late putback bucket from Al Horford.

In Game 6 at Washington, Paul Pierce nearly forced overtime by nailing a 3-pointer from the corner with his team trailing by three. However, replays showed the ball was still in Pierce's hand when the red light turned on at the buzzer, allowing the Hawks to prevail by a 94-91 count as 2.5-point 'dogs.

DeMarre Carroll led the way with 25 points, 10 rebounds and two steals. Jeff Teague and Paul Millsap added 20 points apiece, while Horford had 13 points, seven boards, four assists and two blocked shots.

Carroll has been sensational in the playoffs, averaging a team-best 17.1 points and 6.8 rebounds per game. The University of Missouri product is hitting 52.4 percent of his shots from the field and 43.9 percent from long distance.

Budenholzer has to feel good about getting this far with Kyle Korver in a shooting slump. Korver led the NBA in 3-point percentage (49.1%) this year, but he's made only 35.0 percent in the postseason. He went 1-of-8 from the field in Game 6 at Washington.

After getting blown out at Cleveland (127-94) in the first head-to-head meeting this season, Atlanta won the next three encounters both SU and ATS. On Dec. 17, the Hawks stroked the Cavs 127-98 as 6.5-point road underdogs. They followed that up with 109-101 and 106-97 home triumphs.

Sportsbook.ag has Cleveland listed as a -230 'chalk' for the series. Gamblers can collect a +195 return (risk $100 to win $195) by backing Atlanta to get to the NBA Finals.

How rare has it been to see Atlanta in such a short home 'chalk' position? VegasInsider.com's Kevin Rogers explained, "The Hawks are favored by less than seven points at home for the first time since a 114-95 setback to San Antonio in late March as a 1 ½-point favorite. Interestingly enough, that was the lone defeat for Atlanta as a home favorite of 4 ½ points or less this season, as the Hawks compiled a solid 6-1 SU/ATS mark at Philips Arena in this pointspread range."

Budenholzer has been playing back-up point guard Dennis Schroder with Teague at times recently, and that's likely to occur again in this matchup. Rogers noted, "Schroder scored in double-figures in three of the four matchups against the Cavs coming off the bench, including a 15-point, 8-assist effort in a nine-point home victory."

The 'under' has been a major money maker in Cleveland games, cashing at a 54-37-1 overall clip. The 'under' is 26-19-1 for the Cavs in their road assignments.

Totals have been an overall wash for Atlanta (47-47), but the 'over' has posted a 25-22 record. The 'under' has gone 7-5 for the Hawks in the playoffs.

This rivalry had seen six consecutive 'overs,' including three this season, until the 'under' emerged in the last regular-season meeting this year. The combined points scored in this year's four encounters were 221, 225, 210 and 203.

Tip-off for Wednesday's Game 1 is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. Eastern on TNT

Tokens
Cavs set to visit Hawks in East finals

May 19, 2015

ATLANTA (AP) - The Cleveland Cavaliers could only watch enviously as LeBron James made a run at another NBA title in Miami.

The Atlanta Hawks were trying to move on after a tough loss in the opening round of the playoffs.

My, how things have changed from a year ago in the Eastern Conference.

James returned to Cleveland last summer and turned the Cavaliers into instant title contenders. The Hawks pulled off a remarkable turnaround in Mike Budenholzer's second season as coach, winning 60 games to claim the top seed in the East.

On Wednesday night, the teams will meet in Game 1 of the conference final.

For James, it's championship or bust.

''I just try to lead these guys,'' he said. ''I just want them to be great. ''

James, who won two titles with the Heat and lost in the NBA Finals his other two years, came back to Cleveland - where he started - looking to lead Cavaliers to their first championship.

He is halfway there, with the top-seeded Hawks standing in his way.

''He's got his eyes on the prize,'' Atlanta's Kent Bazemore said after practice Tuesday. ''We've got to go through him to get where we want to go.''

During his first seven seasons, James transformed the Cavaliers into one of the league's top teams. But they made it to the Finals only one time, getting swept by San Antonio in 2007.

Now, he wants to bring a celebration to his de facto hometown.

''He has been a great leader for us,'' said Cleveland point guard Kyrie Irving. ''In terms of learning the nuances of the game and also how to win on the court and also how to carry ourselves off the court, I feel like he's been a great influence in that role.''

While Cleveland's 20-win improvement was to be expected after signing the world's greatest player, no one projected the Hawks to make such a leap after going 38-44 a year ago. They set a franchise record with a 19-game winning streak and easily claimed the No. 1 seed in the East.

The playoffs have been more trying for Atlanta, which struggled to put away eighth-seeded Brooklyn in the opening round and got all it could handle from Washington in the second round, with two games decided by buzzer-beating shots and two others coming down to the closing seconds.

But the Hawks are in the conference final for the first time since the NBA switched to this format in 1970-71.

''It's going to come down to the last couple of minutes. It's going to come down to the last couple of possessions,'' Budenholzer said. ''You need to have confidence that you can get stops. You need to have confidence that you can execute and score. Whichever team is able to do that has the best chance.''

Here are some other things to watch for in the Eastern Conference final:

GUARDING LEBRON: DeMarre Carroll, known as the ''Junkyard Dog,'' relishes the idea of being the primary defender on James. ''Try to harass him, be up in him, make it uncomfortable for him,'' Carroll said. While James averaged nearly 24 points in three games against the Hawks during the regular season, he was held to 18 points and committed nine turnovers in their last meeting. James won't be able to relax at the defensive end, either. Carroll is Atlanta's leading scorer in the playoffs at 17.1 points a game.

MEDICAL REPORT: Cleveland's health is a bit of a concern. Kevin Love is out, of course. Irving is slowed by tendinitis in his left knee, though a five-day break since the Cavaliers finished off Chicago in the second round has eliminated any doubt about playing in Game 1. Iman Shumpert (strained groin) and Tristan Thompson (bruised shoulder) are also banged up. The Hawks are healthy except for Thabo Sefolosha, who's out for the year.

BATTLE OF THE BIGS: The Hawks face a size disadvantage against most teams, but they hope the quickness and mobility of center Al Horford and power forward Paul Millsap will work to their advantage against Thompson and Cleveland's 7-foot-1 center, Timofey Mozgov. Look for the Cavaliers to counter at times with a smaller lineup that has the 6-8 Thompson at center and James at power forward.

KORVER'S SLUMP: Atlanta's Kyle Korver is the best 3-point shooter in the NBA, but he's struggled in the playoffs against defenses that are focused on keeping him from getting open looks. He's made only 35 of 100 attempts from beyond the arc, and just one of his last 12 against the Wizards.

COACHING MATCHUP: Budenholzer has done a remarkable job molding the Hawks into a version of San Antonio East with a fast-paced, team-oriented philosophy in which no one stands out. The NBA's coach of the year may give Atlanta big edge over Cleveland's David Blatt, who tried to call a timeout his team didn't have and drew up a last-second play that was vetoed by James in the Chicago series.

Tokens
NBA
Long Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

CLEVELAND (61 - 31) at ATLANTA (68 - 26) - 5/20/2015, 8:35 PM
CLEVELAND is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) as an underdog this season.
ATLANTA is 54-37 ATS (+13.3 Units) in all games this season.
ATLANTA is 40-28 ATS (+9.2 Units) as a favorite this season.
ATLANTA is 28-19 ATS (+7.1 Units) in home games this season.
ATLANTA is 23-11 ATS (+10.9 Units) after 3 or more consecutive wins this season.
ATLANTA is 28-13 ATS (+13.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
ATLANTA is 29-19 ATS (+8.1 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 99+ points/game this season.
CLEVELAND is 34-20 ATS (+12.0 Units) against Southeast division opponents over the last 3 seasons.

ATLANTA is 6-5 against the spread versus CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
ATLANTA is 8-3 straight up against CLEVELAND over the last 3 seasons
8 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NBA
Short Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

Eastern Conference - Finals - Best of 7 - Game 1

Cleveland Cavaliers at Atlanta Hawks, 8:35 ET
Cleveland: 4-13 ATS as an underdog
Atlanta: 8-1 ATS off an upset win as a road underdog

NBA
Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, May 20

Hawks won seven of last eight games with Cleveland, winning last five played here, all by 8+ points; six of last seven series tilts went over the total. Atlanta won its first two series in six games each- they're 5-1 in home playoff games. Cleveland is 8-2 in playoffs with six of last nine games staying under total. Cavaliers last played on Thursday, Hawks on Friday Cleveland won last three games by 2-5-21 points after falling behind 2-1 in Chicago series.

2015 playoffs
Cleveland vs Atlanta

Houston vs Golden State
GSt 110-106, -10.5 U219.5

NBA

Wednesday, May 20

Trend Report

8:30 PM
CLEVELAND vs. ATLANTA
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland's last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland's last 7 games when playing Atlanta
Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
Atlanta is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home

Tokens
NBA

Wednesday, May 20

Game of the Day: Cavaliers at Hawks

Cleveland Cavaliers at Atlanta Hawks (-1, 197)
Series tied 0-0

The Atlanta Hawks are participating in the conference finals for the first time since the franchise relocated from St. Louis in 1968. Top-seeded Atlanta will look to add to its achievements when it opens the Eastern Conference finals against the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday.

The Hawks won 60 games in the regular season and are trying to reach the NBA Finals for the first time since the St. Louis-based version lost in 1961. The frontcourt of center Al Horford, forward Paul Millsap and small forward DeMarre Carroll will be a key trio as Atlanta attempts to slow down Cleveland forward LeBron James, who is averaging 26.5 points, 10.2 rebounds and 7.9 assists in the postseason. James will most often be guarded by Carroll, who has stepped up offensively with seven 20-point outings in the postseason. The second-seeded Cavaliers will have Kyrie Irving on the floor after the point guard proclaimed that he will play in the opener despite still bothered by left knee and right foot injuries.

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

LINE HISTORY: The opening line of Hawks -1 has held steady, but the total has dropped down to 197 after opening 197.5.

INJURY REPORT: Cleveland - L. James (probable), K. Irving (probable), K. Love (out for season), A. Varejao (out for season). Atlanta - T. Sefolosha (out for season).

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS: Irving’s injuries will be closely watched by Cleveland coach David Blatt, who is aware that Irving reiterated that he doesn’t want to miss any playoff games. Irving has made some progress in recent days but is still nowhere near top form as the knee injury also requires rest that he isn’t afforded with at this time. “I think that’s the biggest thing I get out it. I don’t want to be on the sideline at all, especially preparing for a big stage like this,” Irving told reporters. “I want to be as close to 100 percent before Wednesday as I can be, so just doing the necessary things in order to do that.”

ABOUT THE HAWKS: Starting point guard Jeff Teague overcame a sluggish beginning to the series against Washington to average 20 points over the final three games while speedy backup Dennis Schroder excels at pushing the tempo. Schroder had back-to-back double-digit outings against the Wizards but then ended the series with back-to-back 3-of-12 shooting outings and coach Mike Budenholzer will look for ways to have Teague and Schroder on the court at the same time. “When those two guys play together, it gives you a second player that’s very comfortable, very accustomed, to being in pick-and-rolls with the ball in their hands – trying to get in the paint, attacking the basket and collapsing the defense,” Budenholzer told reporters.

TRENDS:

*Hawks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games.
*Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.
*Cavaliers are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
*Cavaliers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.

CONSENSUS: According to Consensus, 56 percent of support is on the visiting Cavs.

Tokens
NBA

Wednesday, May 20

Hawks had edge ATS vs. Cavs in regular season

The Atlanta Hawks won and covered in three out of their four meetings with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the regular season.

Both clubs are matched up once again but this time it's for the right to represent the Eastern Conference in the NBA Finals.

Game 1 tips off on Wednesday with the Hawks slightly favored at -1 as of this writing. The total is presently sitting at 197.

Dwight Howard, Houston - Ques Thurs

Howard left Game 1 of the Western Conference Final against the Warriors with a bruised knee and is questionable for Game 2.

-------------------------------------------------

NBA

Wednesday, May 20

Cavs perfect ATS regular season with this ref

The Cleveland Cavaliers were a perfect 7-0 straight up and against the spread in seven regular season games when Jason Phillips was part of the officiating crew.

Phillips did officiate Game 4 between the Cavs and the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference semifinal. The Cavaliers did win 86-84, but tailed to cover the spread as 3-point road faves.

Along with Scott Foster and Pat Fraher, Phillips will be a part of the team tasked with calling Game 1 between the Cavs and Atlanta Hawks Wednesday evening.

--------------------------------------------------------

NBA
Dunkel

Wednesday, May 20

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks

Game 503-504
May 20, 2015 @ 8:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cleveland Cavalie
Atlanta Hawks
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland Cavalie
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Atlanta Hawks
by 1
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland Cavalie
(+1); Over

Tokens
Preview: Rangers (53-22) at Lightning (50-24)
Date: May 20, 2015 8:00 PM EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Resilience is one of the keys to any team's success, especially in the NHL playoffs.

The Tampa Bay Lightning showed it in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals, and now it's the New York Rangers' turn to respond yet again.

'As a coach, you've got to make adjustments in some areas, and you've got to push buttons. For these guys to keep such a high intensity rate for the whole playoffs, and that goes for every team, it's a hard thing to do,' Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Tuesday after arriving home from the team's 6-2 victory that evened the series at 1-1.

Tyler Johnson's hat trick and another impressive performance by goaltender Ben Bishop bolster confidence heading into the next two games, Wednesday and Friday, at Amalie Arena.

'It's nothing magical I'm doing,' Cooper added. 'Usually in these situations, our goalie's bailing us out and our best players become our best players. That's the secret.

'Those guys bind together and will us to victory. When we've had a hiccup, that's probably been the reason why we've stopped whatever losing streak we've had.'

The Rangers dropped Game 2 after winning the series opener 2-1, but there's no reason to believe they'll panic.

In addition to compiling the league's best road record this season, they have goalie Henrik Lundqvist and a penchant for thriving under postseason pressure.

New York has split the first two games in eight of its past 12 playoff series. The Rangers are 6-1 in those series during that span.

In the Eastern Conference semifinals, New York rallied from a 3-1 deficit to eliminate the Washington Capitals.

'We've got another challenge in front of us, both defensively and offensively. We've been able to do it before,' Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said.

'Past doesn't necessarily dictate the future, but I have a lot of confidence in this group that we can raise our level of play. There's no doubt Tampa has done that. Now we need to do the same.'

The Lightning feel one key to Game 3 will be getting off to a fast start, much the way they did Monday night in New York.

Although they had the NHL's top home record during the regular season, they've already lost three times at Amalie Arena during the playoffs.

One of those losses came in a listless performance following a big road win, dropping them into a 3-2 series hole against Detroit in the first round.

Although they bounced back to win the next two games and advance, forward Ondrej Palat said the team learned a valuable lesson: you can't relax just because you're comfortable with circumstances.

'We need to play every game like it's a Game 7,' said Palat, who teams with Johnson and Nikita Kucherov to form Tampa Bay's 'Triplets' line that's scored 21 of the Lightning's 41 goals this postseason. 'Hopefully we're going to do that (Wednesday) and for the rest series.'

Lundqvist is 19-11 with a 1.77 goals-against average, .934 save percentage and four shutouts in 30 games the Rangers have played following a loss since the start of the 2012 playoffs.

New York captain Ryan McDonagh called the Rangers performance in Game 2, which included yielding a short-handed goal and failing to capitalize on more scoring opportunities themselves, embarrassing.

He didn't back off the assessment when he spoke with reporters at the team hotel on Tuesday night.

'I'd never seen the group play like that. It was a lot of things we could control,' McDonagh said, adding there was no more room for performances like that if the Rangers expect to win the series.

'We're got to give ourselves a better chance than that,' the defenseman said.

Meanwhile, the Rangers concede they need to find a way to generate more offense. They've scored 28 goals in 14 playoff games.

It's difficult, though, to be overly critical, considering what the team has been able to accomplish thanks to Lundqvist and a stifling defense.

'You always want to score more as a team. But there's probably a lot of teams that would trade places with us right now where we are,' New York's Martin St. Louis said.

'It's about winning games. We've found a way to win games to be in a position where we're three wins from the Stanley Cup final,' St. Louis added. 'Do we want to score more goals? Absolutely. ... But it's easier said than done.'

Tokens
Preview: Rangers (53-22) at Lightning (50-24)
Date: May 20, 2015 8:00 PM EDT

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Resilience is one of the keys to any team's success, especially in the NHL playoffs.

The Tampa Bay Lightning showed it in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals, and now it's the New York Rangers' turn to respond yet again.

'As a coach, you've got to make adjustments in some areas, and you've got to push buttons. For these guys to keep such a high intensity rate for the whole playoffs, and that goes for every team, it's a hard thing to do,' Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Tuesday after arriving home from the team's 6-2 victory that evened the series at 1-1.

Tyler Johnson's hat trick and another impressive performance by goaltender Ben Bishop bolster confidence heading into the next two games, Wednesday and Friday, at Amalie Arena.

'It's nothing magical I'm doing,' Cooper added. 'Usually in these situations, our goalie's bailing us out and our best players become our best players. That's the secret.

'Those guys bind together and will us to victory. When we've had a hiccup, that's probably been the reason why we've stopped whatever losing streak we've had.'

The Rangers dropped Game 2 after winning the series opener 2-1, but there's no reason to believe they'll panic.

In addition to compiling the league's best road record this season, they have goalie Henrik Lundqvist and a penchant for thriving under postseason pressure.

New York has split the first two games in eight of its past 12 playoff series. The Rangers are 6-1 in those series during that span.

In the Eastern Conference semifinals, New York rallied from a 3-1 deficit to eliminate the Washington Capitals.

'We've got another challenge in front of us, both defensively and offensively. We've been able to do it before,' Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said.

'Past doesn't necessarily dictate the future, but I have a lot of confidence in this group that we can raise our level of play. There's no doubt Tampa has done that. Now we need to do the same.'

The Lightning feel one key to Game 3 will be getting off to a fast start, much the way they did Monday night in New York.

Although they had the NHL's top home record during the regular season, they've already lost three times at Amalie Arena during the playoffs.

One of those losses came in a listless performance following a big road win, dropping them into a 3-2 series hole against Detroit in the first round.

Although they bounced back to win the next two games and advance, forward Ondrej Palat said the team learned a valuable lesson: you can't relax just because you're comfortable with circumstances.

'We need to play every game like it's a Game 7,' said Palat, who teams with Johnson and Nikita Kucherov to form Tampa Bay's 'Triplets' line that's scored 21 of the Lightning's 41 goals this postseason. 'Hopefully we're going to do that (Wednesday) and for the rest series.'

Lundqvist is 19-11 with a 1.77 goals-against average, .934 save percentage and four shutouts in 30 games the Rangers have played following a loss since the start of the 2012 playoffs.

New York captain Ryan McDonagh called the Rangers performance in Game 2, which included yielding a short-handed goal and failing to capitalize on more scoring opportunities themselves, embarrassing.

He didn't back off the assessment when he spoke with reporters at the team hotel on Tuesday night.

'I'd never seen the group play like that. It was a lot of things we could control,' McDonagh said, adding there was no more room for performances like that if the Rangers expect to win the series.

'We're got to give ourselves a better chance than that,' the defenseman said.

Meanwhile, the Rangers concede they need to find a way to generate more offense. They've scored 28 goals in 14 playoff games.

It's difficult, though, to be overly critical, considering what the team has been able to accomplish thanks to Lundqvist and a stifling defense.

'You always want to score more as a team. But there's probably a lot of teams that would trade places with us right now where we are,' New York's Martin St. Louis said.

'It's about winning games. We've found a way to win games to be in a position where we're three wins from the Stanley Cup final,' St. Louis added. 'Do we want to score more goals? Absolutely. ... But it's easier said than done.'

SERIES AT A GLANCE

GAME 1
Lightning at Rangers
Sat, May 16 Final 1 to 2

GAME 2
Lightning at Rangers
Mon, May 18 Final 6 to 2

GAME 3
Rangers at Lightning
Wed, May 20 - 8:00PM EDT

GAME 4
Rangers at Lightning
Fri, May 22 - 8:00PM EDT

GAME 5
Lightning at Rangers
Sun, May 24 - 8:00PM EDT

GAME 6
Rangers at Lightning
Tue, May 26 - 8:00PM EDT

GAME 7
Lightning at Rangers
Fri, May 29 - 8:00PM EDT

Tokens
NYR looks to rebound against vs. Tampa

May 19, 2015

''As a coach, you've got to make adjustments in some areas, and you've got to push buttons. For these guys to keep such a high intensity rate for the whole playoffs, and that goes for every team, it's a hard thing to do,'' Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Tuesday after arriving home from the team's 6-2 victory that evened the series at 1-1.

''It's nothing magical I'm doing,'' Cooper added. ''Usually in these situations, our goalie's bailing us out and our best players become our best players. That's the secret.

''Those guys bind together and will us to victory. When we've had a hiccup, that's probably been the reason why we've stopped whatever losing streak we've had.''

''We've got another challenge in front of us, both defensively and offensively. We've been able to do it before,'' Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said.

''Past doesn't necessarily dictate the future, but I have a lot of confidence in this group that we can raise our level of play. There's no doubt Tampa has done that. Now we need to do the same.''

''We need to play every game like it's a Game 7,'' said Palat, who teams with Johnson and Nikita Kucherov to form Tampa Bay's ''Triplets'' line that's scored 21 of the Lightning's 41 goals this postseason. ''Hopefully we're going to do that (Wednesday) and for the rest series.''

''I'd never seen the group play like that. It was a lot of things we could control,'' McDonagh said, adding there was no more room for performances like that if the Rangers expect to win the series.

''We're got to give ourselves a better chance than that,'' the defenseman said.

''You always want to score more as a team. But there's probably a lot of teams that would trade places with us right now where we are,'' New York's Martin St. Louis said.

''It's about winning games. We've found a way to win games to be in a position where we're three wins from the Stanley Cup final,'' St. Louis added. ''Do we want to score more goals? Absolutely. ... But it's easier said than done.''

Tokens
Linesman Kovachik hurts leg in Game 2

May 18, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - NHL linesman Brad Kovachik had to leave the ice in the second period of Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals between the New York Rangers and Tampa Bay Lightning after injuring a leg.

Kovachik was standing against the side boards near the Lightning blue line when Steven Stamkos of the Tampa Bay checked Kevin Klein of the Rangers into the linesman. Play continued for a few seconds before the officials stopped play with Kovachik unable to stand. He was helped off the ice.

After a short delay, standby linesman Greg Devorski took over as the second linesman

Tokens
Rangers embarrassed in Game 2 loss

May 18, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Rangers gave up an unusual short-handed goal as a two-man advantage was expiring early in the first period.

It was all downhill the rest of the way, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Rangers 6-2 on Monday night to even the Eastern Conference finals at one game.

Tyler Johnson, who had three goals to pace the Lightning, got that goal to get Tampa Bay rolling and set the tempo in a sloppy Rangers effort.

''That's something you don't see very often, and it's a play that simply can't happen,'' Rangers captain Ryan McDonough said.

The Rangers were late into a 1:07 two-man advantage when Martin St. Louis fell trying to take a shot straight on, and it sent Johnson on a breakaway with St. Louis in pursuit.

''It's embarrassing,'' McDonagh said. ''There a lot of things you want to say right now, but talking doesn't do much.''

The Rangers penalty killers didn't accomplish much either, allowing the Lightning three goals on six man advantages.

''We're in the Eastern Conference finals,'' Derek Stepan said. ''We're not playing a team with a poor power play. The have a really good hockey team. You see how detailed you have to be in the playoffs. You make some mistakes and they wind up in the back of your net.''

Johnson, the 24-year-old who is becoming one of the front-runners to be the postseason MVP, had three of them.

Johnson scored short-handed, even strength and on the power play in tallying the first hat trick in Lightning playoff history and Tampa Bay got its high-scoring offense in gear.

Alex Killorn added two goals and Steven Stamkos had one and the Lightning bounced back from a crushing late loss on Saturday and made the Presidents' Trophy winners pay for every slip, penalty and mistake.

The Lightning stepped up their game, and the Rangers could not keep pace.

''We were pretty upset with our effort, Killorn said of the Game 1 loss. ''We talked about how bad we played and we were still in that game. Tonight we played to win. I think the last game we were kind of `OK, it's Game 1. We're going to play hard.' Today we played to win.''

Chris Kreider and Stepan scored for the Rangers in the wide-open, penalty-filled matchup that ended New York's run of playing in 15 straight playoffs games decided by one goal.

Henrik Lundqvist, who gave up at least five goals in two of three regular-season games against Tampa Bay this season, gave up six on just 26 shots.

The series shifts to Florida for games on Wednesday and Friday.

Ben Bishop had another big game for the Lightning, making 35 saves. Both Rangers goals came on the power play.

The Rangers were just sloppy. Players falling led to two Lightning goals on odd-man rushes. New York committed way too many mistakes against a team whose speed and skill can embarrass you.

Johnson came into the game leading the NHL with eight postseason goals and he increased the total to 11 before the second period was over in giving the Lightning leads of 1-0, 2-1 and 3-1.

The Lightning continued to take penalties and Kreider made them pay three minutes later, putting in the rebound of St. Louis' shot.

Johnson's second goal came on a great shot just 15 seconds after Stepan was called for tripping, which was the third minor in a 60-second span. It gave the Lightning a 4-on-3 advantage and Johnson found the top corner of the net in close after getting a 2-on-1 advantage down low.

The hat trick was capped at 8:17 of the second period and, like the first, it resulted from a slip. Rangers defenseman Marc Staal fell at the Tampa Bay blue line and it set up a 2-on-1. Ondrej Palat hit the goalpost, but Johnson knocked the puck into the net off a scramble. It was also reviewed but this one stood.

The Rangers pushed back later in the second period and closed the gap to 3-2 when Stepan grabbed his own rebound and banked the puck off defenseman Braydon Coburn into the net with Bishop out of position.

New York had a couple of chances to tie the game later in the period, but Bishop stopped point shots by Dan Boyle and McDonagh.

The Lightning ended the Rangers' run of one-goal playoff games in the third period on Killorn's two goals and Stamkos' one. Defenseman Victor Hedman set up Killorn's first shortly after a penalty ended. Stamkos scored on a deflection on a power play and Killorn got his second on a power play.

The game had an ugly moment in the second period when linesman Brad Kovachik had to leave the ice after injuring a leg. He was standing against the side boards near the Lightning blue line when Stamkos checked Kevin Klein of the Rangers into him.

Kovachik had to be helped off the ice. Standby linesman Greg Devorski finished the game.

NOTES: Injured Rangers RW Mats Zuccarello started skating lightly Monday. He has not played since being hit in the face by a shot in Game 5 of the first round on April 24. ... C Brian Boyle returned to the Lightning lineup after missing Game 1 with an undisclosed injury. ... Tampa defenseman Nikita Nesterov also was in the lineup, and Jonathan Marchessault and Vladislav Namestnikov were scratched. ... The Rangers didn't make any lineup changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthstona
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com