Minnesota Lynx 5 0 1.000 0 2-0 3-0 1-0 5-0 W-5

Seattle Storm 3 1 0.750 1 3-0 0-1 0-1 3-1 W-3

Dallas Wings 2 1 0.667 2 0-1 2-0 2-1 2-1 W-1

Los Angeles Sparks 2 1 0.667 2 2-0 0-1 1-0 2-1 L-1

Phoenix Mercury 2 2 0.500 2 1-2 1-0 1-1 2-2 L-1

San Antonio Stars 0 4 0.000 4 0-2 0-2 0-2 0-4 L-4

Updated Sun May 28 1:07 AM EDT

Tokens
Armadillo: Sunday Extra: Trying not to get aggravated…….

I tried not to get aggravated Saturday when the A’s lost 3-2 in the Bronx; the home plate ump tossed Jed Lowrie, tossed Bob Melvin. Let’s put it this way; a friend of mine who is a New York fan texted me during the game to tell me how bad home plate umpire Will Little is.

Late Saturday night, got an e-mail from another friend, asking what I thought of Little’s performance Saturday. So I went to my umpire records and looked up how New York has done with Little behind the plate the last three years. Here are the facts from 2015-17:

Bronx W5-2 @ Baltimore +$123 U9
Bronx W3-1 @ Seattle -$115 U7

Bronx W6-3 vs Tampa Bay +$103 O8
Bronx W7-3 vs Kansas City -$130 O8

Bronx W3-2 vs St Louis +$123, U8
Bronx W3-2 vs Oakland -$145, U9.5

Not going to say another bleeping word except this: if you were a big league manager, would you want Will Little umping the plate in a road game in the Bronx?

Armadillo: Sunday's six-pack

Odds on some long shots to win the US Open golf tourney next month:

— Ernie Els, Angel Cabrera 300-1

— Harris English, Danny Lee 250-1

— Ian Poulter, Luke Donald 200-1

— Webb Simpson, Ryan Palmer 150-1

— Graeme McDowell, Tony Finau 125-1

— Jim Furyk, Kevin Kisner 100-1

Armadillo: Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports Saturday……

13) The last four times umpire Alan Porter worked home plate, there have been a total of 41 walks (11-11-11-10); this is only the second such streak in 2016-17 in the major leagues- David Rackley had a 4-game streak with 10+ walks LY, but three of his four games went extra innings, including a 13-inning and a 17-inning game. None of Porter’s games went extra frames.

If you care about such things, over is 5-1-1 in Porter’s last seven games behind the plate.

12) Aaron Rodgers gave his offensive linemen $20,000 ATV’s for presents this week; have to take care of the people who protect you.

11) This is the first time ever the Colorado Rockies have had both a winning April and a winning May to start the season.

10) Marlins were down 2-1 in bottom of 5th, had bases loaded and Giancarlo Stanton up, so of course, Dee Gordon gets picked off first by the catcher to end the inning. Do we have a metric for stupidity? Can the numbers guys quantify how deflating something like this is? I didn’t think so……

9) Dodgers pitcher Alex Wood hasn’t allowed a run in his last 25.2 IP; in his last six starts, he is 5-0 with a 1.31 RA. Pretty important guy for a team whose pitchers have been injury-plagued.

8) On July 2, 2013, Jake Arrieta was traded by the Orioles with Pedro Strop and cash to the Cubs for Steve Clevinger and Scott Feldman. Looking back on the trade, it was a huge blunder by the Orioles.

But Arrieta’s career turned around after the trade, when he saw a Pilates studio while walking around Chicago with his wife; he got into a class, he got himself into much better shape and his career took off from there.

About 10-12 years ago, I actually tried Pilates for a couple of weeks (stop laughing); it was really, really hard and I quit (it was hard and I am soft). Sitting on the couch is way more fun.

7) Toronto Blue Jays got Troy Tulowitzki and Josh Donaldson back from injuries this weekend; would expect them to go on a roll soon.

6) I have an odd fascination with actors’ resumes, and the roles they’ve played.

Finally saw the Tom Hanks movie about the pilot Sully who landed a commercial airliner in the Hudson River, with no fatalities; his co-pilot in the movie is the same guy who was Al Pacino’s offensive coordinator in Any Given Sunday.

Aaron Eckhart is the guy; very good actor. He also played Texas Longhorns’ coaching legend Darrell Royal in a movie about the Longhorns.

5) A junior high teacher in Houston gave out certificates to students, included one given to a student that said “Most likely to become a terrorist.” Apparently, the teacher wasn’t kidding.

What would inspire someone to actually do that? Do they want to get fired? If you don’t like your students, fine; just keep it to yourself.

4) Found a new bad TV show to watch late at night; Second Wives’ Club, on E! about these young women who married rich, older men who had all been married at least once before. Not sure why I enjoy watching it, but the people in it are so repulsive it is hard to turn it off.

3) White Sox 3, Tigers 1— Chicago pitchers walked nine, struck out 15 as Tyler Danish won his first major league start. Very unusual for a team to walk 9+ guys in a game and win, much less toss a shutout. Detroit left 12 men on base, in the first game of a twinbill.

Detroit’s Michael Fulmer threw 96 pitches in his 8-inning complete game. White Sox pitchers threw a total of 185 pitches in nine innings. Weird game.

2) Red Sox 6, Mariners 0— Seattle lost six of last seven games; they’re 1-7 in last eight road tilts. In their first two games at Fenway this weekend, Mariners didn’t scored a run.

1) RIP to Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Bunning 85, who pitched 17 years in the big leagues, tossed a perfect game, and later served 24 years in Congress. Thats a full life. RIP, sir.

Tokens
WNBA
Dunkel

Sunday, May 28

San Antonio @ Minnesota

Game 625-626
May 28, 2017 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Antonio
Minnesota
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 9
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Minnesota
by 12 1/2
155 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
San Antonio
(+12 1/2); Over

Indiana @ Seattle

Game 623-624
May 28, 2017 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Indiana
Seattle
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Seattle
by 9
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Seattle
by 5 1/2
161 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Seattle
(-5 1/2); Over

Connecticut @ Chicago

Game 621-622
May 28, 2017 @ 6:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Connecticut
Chicago
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago
by 10
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago
by 4
158 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago
(-4); Over

WNBA
Long Sheet

Sunday, May 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONNECTICUT (0 - 4) at CHICAGO (1 - 4) - 5/28/2017, 6:00 PM
Top Trends for this game.
CONNECTICUT is 19-10 ATS (+8.0 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
CONNECTICUT is 12-3 ATS (+8.7 Units) in road games in May, June, or July games over the last 2 seasons.
CONNECTICUT is 19-10 ATS (+8.0 Units) after allowing 75 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
CONNECTICUT is 14-4 ATS (+9.6 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more over the last 3 seasons.
CONNECTICUT is 18-7 ATS (+10.3 Units) in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997.
CONNECTICUT is 13-5 ATS (+7.5 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 3-11 ATS (-9.1 Units) in home games in May, June, or July games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 48-70 ATS (-29.0 Units) in home games after allowing 75 points or more since 1997.

Head-to-Head Series History
CONNECTICUT is 5-3 against the spread versus CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
CHICAGO is 4-4 straight up against CONNECTICUT over the last 3 seasons
4 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDIANA (2 - 2) at SEATTLE (3 - 1) - 5/28/2017, 7:00 PM
SEATTLE is 58-35 ATS (+19.5 Units) in home games after a non-conference game since 1997.
INDIANA is 14-5 ATS (+8.5 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest over the last 3 seasons.
INDIANA is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) off an upset win as an underdog over the last 3 seasons.

INDIANA is 5-1 against the spread versus SEATTLE over the last 3 seasons
INDIANA is 4-2 straight up against SEATTLE over the last 3 seasons
4 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

SAN ANTONIO (0 - 4) at MINNESOTA (5 - 0) - 5/28/2017, 7:00 PM
SAN ANTONIO is 17-6 ATS (+10.4 Units) after allowing 75 points or more over the last 2 seasons.

MINNESOTA is 5-2 against the spread versus SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
MINNESOTA is 7-0 straight up against SAN ANTONIO over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

WNBA

Sunday, May 28

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:00 PM
CONNECTICUT vs. CHICAGO
Connecticut is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Chicago
Connecticut is 4-12 ATS in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Chicago
Chicago is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Chicago's last 12 games at home

7:00 PM
SAN ANTONIO vs. MINNESOTA
San Antonio is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
The total has gone OVER in 11 of San Antonio's last 15 games when playing Minnesota
Minnesota is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games at home

INDIANA vs. SEATTLE
Indiana is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games when playing on the road against Seattle
Indiana is 1-2-2 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Seattle is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Indiana
Seattle is 15-5-1 ATS in its last 21 games

Tokens
Preview: Fever (2-2) at Storm (3-1)
Date: May 28, 2017 7:00 PM EDT

Sami Whitcomb might see more playing time when the Seattle Storm play host to the Indiana Fever on Sunday at KeyArena in Seattle.

Whitcomb provided a boost on Friday night after Jewell Loyd, the league's leading scorer, was unable to complete the game against the New York Liberty with an ankle injury and reserve Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis played less than a minute after suffering a right knee bruise in the first quarter.

Storm coach Jenny Boucek had little to lose and Sami Whitcomb had everything to gain.

Late in the third quarter, with Seattle (3-1) trailing New York by 10 points, Boucek put the little-used guard, who had played just 10 minutes in the Storm's first three WNBA games of the season, into the game.

The move certainly paid off.

Whitcomb scored a team-high 22 points, all in the final 11 1/2 minutes, as Seattle rallied for an 87-81 victory.

Whitcomb made six 3-pointers and was 4 of 4 from the free-throw line.

"Nothing was really going right (for the team)," Whitcomb told The Seattle Times after the game. "Coming off the bench when we're down, it's less of a pressure situation. No one is really expecting much from me. So I just tried to make plays."

Whitcomb was a standout at the University of Washington but was cut by the Chicago Sky in training camp in 2010. She headed for Australia, where the 5-foot-10 guard became a star.

Whitcomb was a four-time All-Star and a three-time scoring champion and was named the MVP of the Grand Final in three consecutive seasons, helping the Rockingham Flames and Perth Lynx to titles.

"I've seen her do it in Australia," Boucek told The Times. "That's why she's here. I don't know if I've seen another player that can heat up the way she can.

"But she's done it consistently overseas and we know that's in her here."

Storm guard Sue Bird, a 15-year veteran who at age 36 is the league's oldest player, said she has never quite seen anything like Whitcomb's performance Friday.

"I've never seen that on a floor that I've been on. Ever," Bird told The Times. "And I've played with some pretty good people, too.

"Sami happened."

The Fever (2-2) are coming off a 93-90 road victory against defending champion Los Angeles.

Marissa Coleman scored 19 points, with a game-high five 3-pointers, and Candice Dupree added 18 points and eight rebounds for the Fever, who overcame a 14-point deficit to hand the Sparks their first loss of the season.

Dupree is averaging 14.8 points per game, leading four Indiana players in double-digit scoring.

This will be the second meeting between the Storm and Fever this season. Seattle won its home opener 87-82 over Indiana on May 14 as Loyd scored a season-high 27 points.

WNB HEAD TO HEAD

May 14, 2017 Score ATS Results
IND 82 Cover: 0.5
SEA « 87 Over: 169
Tools: Recaps

Jul 10, 2016 Score ATS Results
IND « 93 Cover: 8
SEA 82 Over: 175

Jun 12, 2016 Score ATS Results
SEA « 90 Cover: 8
IND 88 Over: 178

Tokens
Preview: Stars (0-4) at Lynx (5-0)
Date: May 28, 2017 7:00 PM EDT

One day short of seven years.

That's how long it's been since the Minnesota Lynx lost a game in May.

While the WNBA season started in June in three of those years, the Lynx, who host the San Antonio Stars on Sunday at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn., have won their last 22 May games.

"We typically have gotten off to quick starts because of how we approach training camp in general," Minnesota star Maya Moore said. "But, frankly, compared to some of our other starts in other years we're not quite as sharp in who we want to be.

"We've been winning games, but I still think there's a long way for us to go in cleaning up some areas defensively and just continuing to be even more efficient offensively."

The Lynx (5-0), the league's last unbeaten team, won their first 13 games in 2016.

"Again, the way we approach training camp shows just in our pace and connectedness offensively," Moore said. "I want to continue to find that rhythm. That's what seasons are, finding that rhythm."

Minnesota's hot start to the 2017 season has come without Moore's usual production.

Moore, the WNBA's 2014 MVP, is averaging only 13.4 points per game in the Lynx's first five games -- 12 points off her 2016 average.

During the offseason, Moore, one of four members of the 2016 U.S. Olympic gold medal team, did not play overseas, as many WNBA players do. So, she considers herself better rested this year.

"There's a lot that we pour out when we're playing almost year-round," Moore said. "I feel the advantages of having the rest -- just slowing down and taking that break.

"I think I have more to give during this WNBA season because of that time that I kind of pressed pause and reset. So, I'm definitely really glad with my decision to take that extra rest this past offseason."

San Antonio (0-4) was a WNBA-worst 7-27 a year ago and things haven't improved for the Stars. But things could be looking up for the Stars, as Kelsey Plum saw her first NBA action on Thursday.

Plum, the first overall selection in April's WNBA Draft, scored five points in 12 minutes in San Antonio's 94-82 home loss to the Dallas Wings.

"Obviously, I didn't play well," Plum, who had five turnovers, told The Summit website. "But it's a learning experience and I have to take it and just get better in the next game."

In February, Plum, who played college ball at Washington, became the NCAA's all-time leading women's scorer with a 57-point performance against Utah.

Plum missed San Antonio's first three games because of an ankle injury.

"It's been a long (time), almost a month now, seeing all my friends that are rookies debut and everything," Plum said after the game. "I've just been wanting to get out there and, like I said, it's not the ideal situation. But it is what it is.

"It's going to take some time. Hopefully people are just kind of patient with me."

Next up for the Stars: a Wednesday afternoon game with the Atlanta Dream. The Lynx are off for six days before traveling to Seattle to face the Storm on Saturday.

WNB HEAD TO HEAD

Sep 11, 2016 Score ATS Results
MIN « 81 Over: 157
SA 76 Cover: 8

Jul 12, 2016 Score ATS Results
MIN « 81 Cover: 10
SA 57 Under: 138

Jul 2, 2016 Score ATS Results
SA 68 Over: 159
MIN « 91 Cover: 5.5

Tokens
SUNDAY, MAY 28

GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

CONN at CHI 06:00 PM

CONN +2.5

O 158.0

IND at SEA 07:00 PM

IND +6.0

O 164.0

SA at MIN 07:00 PM

MIN -14.0

U 154.5

Tokens
WNBA Capsules
May 28, 2017

ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP) Jonquel Jones scored 19 of her career-high 23 points in the second half and finished with 21 rebounds to help the Connecticut Sun beat the Chicago Sky 97-79 on Sunday night.

Jones, who set her previous career best of 20 rebounds on May 13, became the 12th player in WNBA history with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game. Alyssa Thomas had 17 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and two steals and Lynetta Kizer scored 16 with seven rebounds for Connecticut (1-4), which won its first game of the season.

Kizer's jumper midway through the first quarter made it 14-13 and the Sun led the rest of the way. Jessica Breland hit two free throws to pull Chicago (1-5) within four with 4:37 left in the third, but Jones scored seven points during a 10-3 run over the next three-plus minutes and the Sky got no closer.

Tamera Young led Chicago with 17 points. She has at least one made 3-pointer in each of the last five games after going nearly five calendar years (June 23, 2011) since her last 3.

LYNX 80, STARS 66

SAINT PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Sylvia Fowles had 14 points and 12 rebounds and four other Minnesota players scored in double figures to help the Lynx beat the Stars.

Fowles made 6 of 8 shots from the field and finished with her fourth double-double of the season in just 23 minutes. Maya Moore and Rebekka Brunson added 13 points apiece, Seimone Augustus scored 12 and Natasha Howard 10 for Minnesota (6-0). The Lynx, who won their first 13 games last season, have a 23-game win streak in the month of May.

Kayla Alexander's jumper gave the Stars (0-5) a seven-point lead late in the first quarter, but the Lynx scored the next 12 points - and outscored San Antonio 46-17 in the second and third quarters combined. Minnesota cruised from there.

Kayla McBride scored 18 points for the Stars. Alexander added 14 points and Monique Currie had 10 and nine rebounds.

Minnesota committed just eight turnovers while forcing San Antonio into 22.

STORM 94, FEVER 70

SEATTLE (AP) - Alysha Clark set a Storm record by making her first nine field-goal attempts and finished with a season-high 22 points to help Seattle rout the Fever.

Jewell Loyd scored 13 points while Breanna Stewart added 12 points, nine rebounds, five assist and three steals for the Storm (4-1).

Five different Seattle players scored in a 13-3 run that put the Storm up 39-25 with 4:43 left in the second quarter and they took a 13-point lead into halftime. Loyd converted a three-point play and hit a 3-pointer while Clark scored two baskets during a 10-4 run to open the second half and the Fever never again threatened.

Tiffany Mitchell led Indiana (2-3) with 13 points, Candice Dupree scored 11 and Natalie Achonwa added 11 points.

Seattle made 35 of 57 from the field, tying the franchise's single-game field-goal percentage record (61.4). The Storm also shot that percentage against Connecticut last season.

Tokens
LEAGUE STANDINGS

Rank Team W L PCT GB CONF HOME ROAD L-10 STREAK

#1 Minnesota Lynx 6 0 1.000 - 2-0 3-0 3-0 6-0 W 6

#2 Seattle Storm 4 1 0.800 1.5 0-1 4-0 0-1 4-1 W 4

#3 Atlanta Dream 3 1 0.750 2 2-1 1-1 2-0 3-1 W 1

#4 Phoenix Mercury 3 2 0.600 2.5 2-1 2-2 1-0 3-2 W 1

#5 Washington Mystics 3 2 0.600 2.5 2-0 2-0 1-2 3-2 W 2

#6 Los Angeles Sparks 2 2 0.500 3 1-0 2-0 0-2 2-2 L 2

#7 New York Liberty 2 2 0.500 3 0-0 1-1 1-1 2-2 L 1

#8 Dallas Wings 2 2 0.500 3 2-2 0-1 2-1 2-2 L 1

#9 Indiana Fever 2 3 0.400 3.5 1-0 2-0 0-3 2-3 L 1

#10 Connecticut Sun 1 4 0.200 4.5 1-2 0-2 1-2 1-4 W 1

#11 Chicago Sky 1 5 0.167 5 1-4 0-3 1-2 1-5 L 3

#12 San Antonio Stars0 5 0.000 5.5 0-3 0-2 0-3 0-5 L 5

SCHEDULE FOR TUESDAY MAY 30, 2017

Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks New York Liberty Madison Square Garden
8:00 PM Indiana Fever Dallas Wings College Park Center

SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY MAY 31, 2017

Time (ET) Away Home Site
11:30 AM Connecticut Sun Washington Mystics Verizon Center
11:30 AM San Antonio Stars Atlanta Dream McCamish Pavilion

SCHEDULE FOR THURSDAY JUNE 1, 2017

Time (ET) Away Home Site
8:00 PM Phoenix Mercury Chicago Sky Allstate Arena

SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY JUNE 2, 2017
Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:30 PM Dallas Wings New York Liberty Madison Square Garden

SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY JUNE 3, 2017

Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:00 PM Dallas Wings Indiana Fever Bankers Life Fieldhouse
8:00 PM Connecticut Sun San Antonio Stars AT&T Center
9:00 PM Minnesota Lynx Seattle Storm KeyArena

SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY JUNE 4, 2017
Time (ET) Away Home Site
3:00 PM Atlanta Dream Washington Mystics Verizon Center
3:00 PM Phoenix Mercury New York Liberty Madison Square Garden

Updated Mon May 29 12:04 AM EDT

Tokens
WNBA May's Record:

Date W/L/T % Units

05/28/2017................ 3-1-2................ 75.00%................ +9.50
05/27/2017................ 1-3-0................ 25.00%............... -11.50
05/26/2017................ 4-2-0................ 66.67%................ +9.00
05/25/2017.................1-1-0................ 50.00%...................-0.50
05/24/2017................ 2-0-0 ...............100.00%................+10.00
05/23/2017................ 1-3-0 ................25.00%................ -11.50
05/21/2017................ 2-2-0................ 50.00%................. -1.00
05/20/2017................ 3-1-0................ 75.00%................. +9.50
05/19/2017................ 4-2-0................ 66.67%.............,... + 9.00
05/18/2017................ 1-1-0................ 50.00%................. - 0.50
05/17/2017.................1-1-0.................50.00%..................- 0.50

Totals:.......................23 - 17...............57.50%.................+ 21.50

best bets:
05/28/2017................ 3 - 1 - 2................ 75.00%................ +9.50
05/27/2017................ 1 -3 - 0............ .... 25.00%......... ...... -11.50
05/26/2017.................4 - 2............... .....66.67%.......... ......+9.00
05/25/2017.................1 - 1 - 0.......... .....50.00%...................-0.50
05/24/2017.................1 - 0................ ..100.00%..................+1.00
05/23/2017.................1 - 3............... ....25.00%...................-2.30
05/21/2017.................2 - 2............... ....50.00%...................-1.00
05/20/2017.................3 - 0............... ...100.00%..................+3.00
05/19/2017.................4 - 2.............. .....66.66%.................+9.00
05/18/2017.................1 - 1-0............ .....50.00%..................- 0.50
05/17/2017.................1 - 1-0............ .....50.00%..................- 0.50

Totals:......................22 - 16.................57.89%..................+ 15.20

Tokens
Monday’s six-pack

Baseball broadcast teams I enjoy listening to:

— Brian Anderson/Bill Schroeder, Brewers— Anderson is network TV material; he’s done some basketball last few years. Schroeder is terrific as the friendly analyst.

— Drew Goodman/Jeff Huson/Ryan Spilborghs, Rockies— Huson is very good as an analyst; understated. Spilborghs was a player fairly recently and is slow to criticize.

— Jason Benetti/Steve Stone, White Sox— Benetti only works Sox home games, which is sad. Stone is excellent.

— Don Orsillo/Mark Grant, Padres— Red Sox stupidly canned Orsillo couple years ago; he is really good, but hard to work for a team as bad as the Padres.

— Victor Rojas/Mark Gubicza, Angels— Gubicza is always upbeat; they’ll give subtle criticisms, sometimes even criticizing the home team. Not everyone does that.

— Least favorite baseball announcer: Len Kasper, Cubs— I like his analyst Jim Deshaies, but I just don’t like Kasper. He seems to intentionally aggravate the anti-jinx crowd. Cubs are kind of a national team; think they should have a better play-by-play guy.

Monday’s List of 13: Happy Memorial Day, everyone……..

13) Major league announcers don’t like people bugging them on Twitter about “jinxing” things.

For instance, I have Mike Foltynewicz on my fantasy team; he pitched Saturday and Chip Caray is saying early in the game how “….the Giants haven’t been hitting the ball well lately”, so of course the Giants hit three homers, score five runs fairly early and people are killing Caray on social media for jinxing the squad, at which point he blocks them from following him.

I think there is a middle ground; obviously what Caray says has zero impact on the game, but it still bugs me when announcers come out and say stuff, like he is trying to annoy the anti-jinx faction. There is a way of communicating things without actually saying them.

12) Cardinals’ Paul DeJong homered in his first big league AB Sunday in Denver; he is the 118th major leaguer to homer in his first career at-bat.

11) Mike Trout jammed his left thumb sliding head-first into second base Sunday and left the game. He played a couple innings in the field after the slide but when his turn to bat came he opted out. X-rays were negative; apparently it is a sprained thumb.

10) Any Miami Heat player who puts their hands on their knees for a breather during a practice or game gets fined $100; not surprisingly, this is unique in the NBA.

9) Chris Sale pitches against his old team, the White Sox in Chicago Tuesday. Last year Sale revolted when the White Sox were going to wear throwback dark blue jerseys when he pitched— he took scissors and cut the jerseys up so they couldn’t be worn.

If I owned the White Sox, we would definitely be wearing dark blue jerseys Tuesday night.

8) I bitched and moaned about the home plate umpire in the Bronx Saturday, but there is also this: Jed Lowrie has been a major leaguer for ten years- Saturday was his first ejection, so not like he is chronic complainer. If he was that upset, there was a good reason for it.

I’m upset that the A’s have allowed 34 unearned runs, the most in MLB. There are no sports where you can be good if your defense sucks.

7) In Miami Sunday, a batter let go of the bat with one hand after he swung and his backswing clipped the umpire on the side of his mask— never saw that before. Umps don’t wear helmets under their mask like catchers do; maybe they should.

6) Golfer Zach Johnson got put on the clock by Tour officials Sunday for slow play and got a little upset about it; he dumped all the clubs out of his bag, on the course.

5) 16 games Saturday and no team scored more than six runs, first time in baseball history that has happened. Elias Sports says that Saturday was the 703rd day in MLB history with 16+ games and that goes back to 1876.

4) ABC is bringing The Gong Show back to TV on June 22; in the early 80’s, NBC ran this classic show on daytime TV, with the great Chuck Barris as its madcap, sometimes bizarre host. Gong Show is really a parody of American Idol; people go onstage and try to impress celebrity judges, but most of the acts were mediocre-to-terrible.

Mr Barris passed away earlier this year; the host makes/breaks this show, since the acts aren’t very good, the host damn well better be funny. Never heard of the guy they have hosting this version, but we’ll find out in a few weeks.

Go on Youtube and check out The Gong Show from back in the day; they had a comedian who was a regular who told jokes with a bag over his head (Unknown Comic) and Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine, a stagehand who occasionally would just pop onstage and start dancing as the show went to commercial.

3) The most fun I’ve had as a baseball fan was the 2012 A’s making the playoffs; watched every game on the dish, as they rallied from 13 games behind in an unlikely stretch run. I mention this because it occurs to me that even though big league teams have 25-man rosters, most of the time it takes 32-35 guys, over the course of a season, for a team to make the playoffs.

In 2012, the A’s got two walk-off homers from Brandon Hicks, an infielder who wasn’t even on their playoff roster, but the two games he won with HR’s were the deciding factor in Oakland being division champs. Small contributions from a variety of people made a huge difference.

As far as 2012 being more fun than the 1972-74 A’s who won three straight World Series, I was an obnoxious kid back then and didn’t appreciate it as much as I should’ve. Plus, didn’t see too many games on TV back in the day. Nowadays, it is fun to fun watch all the games.

2) White Sox rookie pitcher Tyler Danish won his first big league start Saturday; when he went to the White Sox FanFest in Chicago last winter, he told someone it was the first time he had ever seen snow in person. Lucky him; wish I had never seen snow.

1) Today is Memorial Day, an important day in our country. Lot of people have risked their lives to protect the freedoms we have in this country. Today is the day we pause to remember these courageous humans who protect us, both now and in the past. Thank you!!!

Tokens
Betting Recap - 5/22-5/28
May 29, 2017

League Betting Notes (Monday, May 22 through Sunday, May 28)

-- Favorites went 10-3 straight up (SU)
-- Favorites went 8-5 against the spread (ATS)
-- Home teams posted a 8-5 SU record
-- Road teams posted a 7-6 ATS record
-- The 'over' went 7-6

Team Betting Notes

-- Minnesota (6-0) has fired out of the chute with six wins in six tries, although they're just 2-4 ATS so far, including 0-3 ATS in three outings at home. The 'under' is also a perfect 3-0 at home for the Lynx.

-- Seattle (4-1) has rattled off four consecutive victories after opening the season with a loss in L.A. The Storm have also covered three in a row, including their 94-70 rout of Indiana (2-3) as six-point favorites on Sunday. The Fever have failed to cover in three of their past four outings.

-- Dallas (2-2) opened the season 3-0 ATS, but they had their doors blown off in Phoenix (3-2) by a 107-65 count, the most lopsided result to date in the WNBA season. It was the third consecutive 'over' result for the Wings after an under in their first meeting in Phoenix on May 14.

-- Washington (3-2) won and covered both games of their home-and-home set with Chicago (1-5). The Mystics are 2-0 ATS against the Sky and 0-3 ATS against everyone else.

-- The Sky were 2 1/2-point favorites against Connecticut (1-4) on Sunday, but it was the Sun picking up their first victory, 97-79. Chicago is 1-4 ATS over their past five outings, while the Sun improved to 3-1 ATS over the past four games.

-- The 'over' result in Sunday's game for Connecticut snapped a 4-0 'under' stretch to begin the regular season.

-- San Antonio (0-5) heads into Week 3 searching for their first win. However, don't discount the Stars at the betting window. San Antonio is an impressive 4-1 ATS to open the season.

-- Atlanta (3-1) surprised defending champ Los Angeles (2-2) by a 75-73 score on Saturday, winning outright as 6 1/2-point underdogs at home. The Dream have opened 3-1 ATS while the 'under' is 3-1, and 2-0 at home.

-- The Sparks are 2-0 SU/ATS at home, but 0-2 SU/ATS in their two games on the road.

Tokens
Tuesday’s six-pack

Updated odds to win the World Series:

5-1- Houston Astros

6-1— Chicago Cubs

7-1— San Francisco Giants

15-2— Boston Red Sox

8-1— Cleveland Indians

17-2— Los Angeles Dodgers

Tuesday’s List of 13: Nobody asked me, but…….

13) I’m not real interested in how long baseball games last; I enjoy watching the game, but some people are bent out of shape because games are longer now. One easy way to shorten games; eliminate coaches’ visits to the mound. There’s your 5-7 minutes a game right there.

12) Last week, Marlins’ manager Don Mattingly put Giancarlo Stanton in the #2 spot in the order, which was surprising, but since then, Stanton is 11-26 with two walks, so he has gotten better pitches to hit in that spot. The two walks were last night; one was intentional.

11) Underrated: Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls coaching the Redskins; now he owns NASCAR teams and is a giant in that sport. Not many people have been so prominent in two different sports.

10) Mets’ OF Michael Conforto has impressive bloodlines; his mother won two gold medals in the Olympics in synchronized swimming. His dad played football at Penn State.

9) Was reading on SI.com where the Falcons’ new domed stadium will have 1,264 beer taps in it. The GeorgiaDome had 30 beer taps.

8) Miami Hurricanes missed out on the NCAA baseball tournament for the first time in 45 years; losing a series to Dartmouth isn’t good for your tournament resume.

7) Only four of the Braves’ first 49 games (2-2) have come against lefty starting pitchers.

6) In college basketball, Belmont has finished #1 in whole country in 2-point FG% four of the last five years; thats hard to believe, but they run lot of backdoor plays and get lot of layups. Still, with 351 teams in the country. to be #1 four out of five years is really impressive.

5) Astros (10 games), Nationals (8.5 games) have huge divisional leads; 2nd place in the NL East is 21-27, so thats a terrible division. 2nd place in AL West is 26-27. Those two teams will basically coast from here into the playoffs.

4) Second Wild Card in NL is 10 games over .500, so going to be hard to make the playoffs there. In AL, second Wild Card is only two games over .500, so a straggler now can get hot and become a contender.

This stuff will influence who is a seller when the trade deadline rolls around. Lesser teams in the National League are more likely to sell off veteran players than American League teams.

3) Astros 16, Twins 8— Minnesota led this game 8-2 after seven innings behind Ervin Santana, who has a 1.75 ERA. Twins’ bullpen then allowed 11 runs in the 8th inning, three more in the 9th- they faced 22 hitters- 16 of them reached base, 14 scored. Yikes.

Houston has a team like the Red Sox teams when they had Butch Hobson batting 9th when he knocked in 100 runs. You cannot outslug the Astros; very impressive lineup.

Elias Sports says that before Monday, Astros were 0-659 in franchise history when trailing by 6+ runs in the 8th inning. Now they’re 1-659.

2) Nationals 3, Giants 0— In the top of the 8th, reliever Hunter Strickland drilled Bryce Harper in the hip and a hockey fight broke out— a real donnybrook, a Pier 6 brawl. Harper got a couple shots in before both benches converged on the mound.

Seemed like there was some history there- they seemed to actually dislike each other— turns out Harper homered twice off Strickland in the 2014 playoffs; one ball went in the upper deck at Nationals Park, the other one landed in McCovey Cove. Only times they’ve faced each other, until Monday.

1) Mike Trout has a torn ligament in his left thumb, will miss a couple weeks unless surgery is needed, then it’ll be a lot more than that.

Tokens
LEAGUE STANDINGS

#1 Minnesota Lynx 6 0 1.000 - 2-0 3-0 3-0 6-0 W 6

#2 Seattle Storm 4 1 0.800 1.5 0-1 4-0 0-1 4-1 W 4

#3 Atlanta Dream 3 1 0.750 2 2-1 1-1 2-0 3-1 W 1

#4 Phoenix Mercury 3 2 0.600 2.5 2-1 2-2 1-0 3-2 W 1

#5 Washington Mystics 3 2 0.600 2.5 2-0 2-0 1-2 3-2 W 2

#6 Los Angeles Sparks 2 2 0.500 3 1-0 2-0 0-2 2-2 L 2

#7 New York Liberty 2 2 0.500 3 0-0 1-1 1-1 2-2 L 1

#8 Dallas Wings 2 2 0.500 3 2-2 0-1 2-1 2-2 L 1

#9 Indiana Fever 2 3 0.400 3.5 1-0 2-0 0-3 2-3 L 1

#10 Connecticut Sun 1 4 0.200 4.5 1-2 0-2 1-2 1-4 W 1

#11 Chicago Sky 1 5 0.167 5 1-4 0-3 1-2 1-5 L 3

SCHEDULE FOR TUESDAY MAY 30, 2017

Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks New York Liberty Madison Square Garden
8:00 PM Indiana Fever Dallas Wings College Park Center

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Updated Mon May 29 12:04 AM EDT

Tokens
WNBA
Dunkel

Tuesday, May 30

Indiana @ Dallas

Game 653-654
May 30, 2017 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Indiana
Dallas
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Indiana
Even
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Dallas
by 3 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Indiana
(+3 1/2); Under

Los Angeles @ New York

Game 651-652
May 30, 2017 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Los Angeles
New York
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Los Angeles
by 6
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Los Angeles
by 3 1/2
157 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Los Angeles
(-3 1/2); Over

WNBA
Long Sheet

Tuesday, May 30

LOS ANGELES (2 - 2) at NEW YORK (2 - 2) - 5/30/2017, 7:00 PM
NEW YORK is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
NEW YORK is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) in a home game where where the total is greater than or equal to 150 over the last 2 seasons.
NEW YORK is 3-12 ATS (-10.2 Units) in home games in May, June, or July games over the last 2 seasons.
NEW YORK is 7-16 ATS (-10.6 Units) against Western conference opponents over the last 2 seasons.
NEW YORK is 7-16 ATS (-10.6 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.

LOS ANGELES is 3-2 against the spread versus NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
LOS ANGELES is 3-2 straight up against NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

INDIANA (2 - 3) at DALLAS (2 - 2) - 5/30/2017, 8:00 PM
DALLAS is 4-14 ATS (-11.4 Units) against Eastern conference opponents over the last 2 seasons.
DALLAS is 4-14 ATS (-11.4 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
DALLAS is 12-22 ATS (-12.2 Units) after allowing 75 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
DALLAS is 9-18 ATS (-10.8 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.

DALLAS is 2-2 against the spread versus INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
INDIANA is 3-2 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

WNBA

Tuesday, May 30

Trend Report

LOS ANGELES vs. NEW YORK
Los Angeles is 5-11 ATS in its last 16 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Los Angeles's last 6 games when playing on the road against New York
New York is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Los Angeles
New York is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home

8:00 PM
INDIANA vs. DALLAS
Indiana is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing Dallas
Indiana is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Dallas
Dallas is 6-14 ATS in its last 20 games
Dallas is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing Indiana

Tokens
Preview: Sparks (2-2) at Liberty (2-2)
Date: May 30, 2017 7:00 PM EDT

The Los Angeles Sparks are off to an uneven title defense.

Los Angeles began its season with two solid home wins, but going on the road has resulted in difficult losses.

Coming off two disappointing defeats, the Sparks are hoping for a different outcome Tuesday night when they visit the New York Liberty at Madison Square Garden.

Defending champions for the first time since 2003, Los Angeles began its season with home wins over the Seattle Storm and Washington Mystics. Los Angeles won those games by a combined 19 points.

In their first two road games, the Sparks dropped a 93-90 decision to the Indiana Fever on Wednesday and followed it up with a two-point loss to the Atlanta Dream. During the loss to Atlanta, Los Angeles made only 4 of 12 3-point attempts but remained the league's top 3-point shooting team at 45.5 percent.

Chelsea Gray, who is averaging 17.8 points, scored 25 points Saturday. Nneka Ogwumike, who leads the team at 21.3 points and is second in the league in scoring, added 15 but Candace Parker was held to six points after scoring 37 in her first two games.

Ultimately, the Sparks couldn't sustain a hot start to the fourth quarter. They began it with an 11-2 run but couldn't get enough defensive stops as Atlanta made eight of its last nine shots.

Last season, the Sparks won their first 11 games and did not lose their second until July 17.

"We have to work to build team trust which takes time, and it's hard in this time crunch," Los Angeles guard Alana Beard told reporters. "We need to get together and watch film, to minimize mistakes defensively and get back into the rhythm offensively."

New York is returning home with a 2-2 record after splitting a trip through Phoenix and Seattle.

The Liberty pulled out a 69-67 win at Phoenix last Tuesday but were handed an 87-81 loss at Seattle on Friday night.

Center Tina Charles scored 22 of her 28 points in the second half. She took over in the third quarter with 18 points on 8-of-10 shooting.

In New York's last home game on May 18 against Minnesota, Charles was held to six points while dealing with an illness. In her last two games, she has collected 50 points and 20 rebounds.

Charles' big effort was negated because, like the Sparks, the Liberty were unable to make defensive plays down the stretch. Although New York held Seattle to 39.3 percent shooting, it gave up seven 3-pointers after taking a 10-point lead late in the third quarter and allowed the final nine points of the game.

Overall, New York gave up 14 3-pointers and is allowing opponents to shoot 37 percent from long range, which puts coach Bill Laimbeer's team in the middle of the pack.

"We want to be a team that outworks every other team every night," Liberty guard Sugar Rodgers told MSG Network. "That's something Bill has harped on for the season, valuing every possession, valuing a presence on the defensive end."

The Liberty will play their last home game before losing Epiphanny Prince and Kia Vaughn to the 2017 FIBA EuroBasket tournament in June.

WNB HEAD TO HEAD

Jul 3, 2016 Score ATS Results
NEW 67 Under: 144
LOS « 77 Cover: 3

Jun 7, 2016 Score ATS Results
NEW 77 Over: 177
LOS « 100 Cover: 15.5

May 21, 2016 Score ATS Results
LOS « 79 Cover: 5.5
NEW 72 Under: 151

Tokens
Preview: Fever (2-3) at Wings (2-2)
Date: May 30, 2017 8:00 PM EDT

Twenty-four and forty-two.

Those were the margins of defeat for the Indiana Fever and Dallas Wings in their last games, respectively, heading into their meeting Tuesday night at College Park Center in Arlington, Texas.

Indiana (2-3) suffered a season-worst 94-70 loss to the Storm in Seattle on Sunday. Tiffany Mitchell scored 13 points to lead the Fever, who were done in by Seattle's red-hot 61.4 percent shooting from the field.

The Fever entered the game averaging the fewest turnovers in the WNBA, but committed 20 against the Storm. Indiana now ranks fourth in the category (13.0 per game).

"We not beating anybody when we give up 94 points," Fever coach Pokey Chatman said. "We have to get some stops and stop trying to be a comeback team."

Indiana has trailed by double figures in all five of its games this season, but has charged back successfully in two of those contests.

Still, the Fever's loss wasn't nearly as bad as the Wings'.

Dallas (2-2) was smoked by the Phoenix Mercury 107-65 on Saturday. The Wings gave up 61 second-half points and did not score more than 19 points in any quarter.

"The ball was not going through the net," Dallas coach Fred Williams said. "Everything (Phoenix) threw up kind of went in for them."

Glory Johnson had a team-high 12 points and Karima Christmas-Kelly finished with 11 points before exiting with a shoulder injury in the fourth quarter. Her status for Tuesday's game is uncertain.

Johnson added four rebounds and heads into the showdown with Indiana eight shy of 1,000 for her career. The Wings were outrebounded 41-34.

After making only 4 of 21 3-pointers on Saturday, the Wings ranked dead last in the WNBA in 3-point shooting percentage (20.6 percent).

On a positive note, the Wings notched a season-high six blocked shots against the Mercury, with Skylar Diggins-Smith stuffing three shots.

The Wings are averaging the fifth-fewest points in the WNBA (78.5 per game). The Fever have not been much better with 77.6 per contest, fourth-worst in the league.

Dallas beat Indiana 90-79 in the 2016 season opener for both teams last May 14. The Fever won the second meeting 92-87 on June 25 and the season series finale 83-60 on Sept. 18.

WNB HEAD TO HEAD

Sep 18, 2016 Score ATS Results
DAL 60 Under: 143
IND « 83 Cover: 15

Jun 25, 2016 Score ATS Results
IND « 92 Cover: 11
DAL 87 Over: 179

May 14, 2016 Score ATS Results
DAL « 90 Cover: 15
IND 79 Over: 169

Tokens
TUESDAY, MAY 30

GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

LA at NY 07:00 PM

NY +2.5

O 153.5

IND at DAL 08:00 PM

IND +3.5

U 164.5

Tokens
WNBA Capsules
May 30, 2017

NEW YORK (AP) Nneka Ogwumike scored 22 points and Candace Parker added 20 to help the Los Angeles Sparks beat the New York Liberty 90-75 on Tuesday night.

The Sparks (3-2) led 66-64 after three quarters and scored the first 11 points of the fourth period to take command.

The loss ruined a strong effort from Tina Charles, who had 25 points to lead New York (2-3). Epiphanny Prince added 21 for the Liberty in her final game before she heads to play in the EuroBasket tournament next month.

New York trailed 63-56 late in the third quarter before Prince sparked a 8-0 run with six points and two steals to give the Liberty a 64-63 lead. Ogwumike had a three-point play with 22 seconds left in the third quarter and the Sparks never looked back.

Charles scored the first 11 points for New York and had 14 in the opening quarter, making six of seven shots. New York's star got into foul trouble though and picked up her third foul with just under 3 minutes left in the half. New York led 38-36 at the break.

WINGS 89, FEVER 62

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Karima Christmas-Kelly scored a career-high 27 points to help the Wings rout the Fever.

She was 10 of 14 from the field to top her previous best of 24 points. She played just 26 minutes and sat out the fourth quarter.

The Wings led by 16 after three quarters and started the fourth on a 13-2 run for an 85-58 lead with 5:47 left. The Fever scored just six points in the final 10 minutes.

Allisha Gray added 14 points and nine rebounds for Dallas (3-2). Skylar Diggins-Smith had 12 points and seven assists, and Kayla Thornton also scored 12. Glory Johnson grabbed her 1,000th career rebound to help the Wings to a 42-30 advantage on the glass.

Natalie Achonwa scored 13 points for Indiana (2-4).

Tokens
Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

Time (ET) Away Home Site

SCHEDULE FOR TUESDAY JUNE 6, 2017
Time (ET) Away Home Site
8:00 PM Seattle Storm San Antonio Stars AT&T Center
8:00 PM Washington Mystics Dallas Wings College Park Center
10:30 PM Chicago Sky Los Angeles Sparks Staples Center

Updated Wed May 31 1:04 AM EDT

LEAGUE STANDINGS

#1 Minnesota Lynx6 0 1.000 - 2-0 3-0 3-0 6-0 W 6

#2 Seattle Storm4 1 0.800 1.5 0-1 4-0 0-1 4-1 W 4

#3 Atlanta Dream3 1 0.750 2 2-1 1-1 2-0 3-1 W 1

#4 Los Angeles Sparks3 2 0.600 2.5 1-0 2-0 1-2 3-2 W 1

#5 Phoenix Mercury3 2 0.600 2.5 2-1 2-2 1-0 3-2 W 1

#6 Dallas Wings3 2 0.600 2.5 2-2 1-1 2-1 3-2 W 1

#7 Washington Mystics3 2 0.600 2.5 2-0 2-0 1-2 3-2 W 2

#8 New York Liberty2 3 0.400 3.5 0-0 1-2 1-1 2-3 L 2

#9 Indiana Fever2 4 0.333 4 1-0 2-0 0-4 2-4 L 2

#10 Connecticut Sun1 4 0.200 4.5 1-2 0-2 1-2 1-4 W 1

#11 Chicago Sky1 5 0.167 5 1-4 0-3 1-2 1-5 L 3

Tokens
Wednesday’s six-pack

Pac-12 basketball records, over the last four seasons:

Arizona: 59-13 Pac-12, 8-4 NCAA

Oregon: 53-19, 9-4

Utah: 46-26: 3-2

UCLA: 44-28, 6-3

California: 39-33, 0-1

Colorado: 35-37, 0-2

Stanford: 33-39, 2-1

Arizona State: 31-41, 0-1

Oregon State: 26-46, 0-1

Washington: 25-47, 0-0

USC: 24-48, 2-2

Washington State: 17-55, 0-0

Wednesday’s List of 13: Mid-week musings…….

13) Best part of the Strickland/Harper shenanigans Monday night was Buster Posey totally declining to get involved. Usually, the catcher tries to keep the angry batter away from the pitcher, but Posey made no such attempt.

Harper hit two very long home runs off Strickland in the ’14 playoffs (thats 2.5 years ago!!!) in their only two previous meetings. Guess something Harper did/said ticked Strickland off.

12) I like watching baseball when they have the strike zone on the right side of the screen, so we can see if the umps miss any pitches. To me, it makes the broadcast a little better.

11) Is Nick Markakis the best active player who has never been an All-Star? He has 1,945 hits, is a solid defender, has a .358 career OB%. You’d think he would’ve made one All-Star team.

10) Jeb Bush is out as part of the group trying to buy the Miami Marlins; apparently he had “only $20M” of his own money involved in the project, not enough to make him a controlling partner, which is what he wanted.

9) 10 of the 64 teams in the NCAA college baseball tournament are located in Texas.

8) Nike stock fell 19% last year, is up only 4% this year; with the NBA Finals starting this week, Nike didn’t need Cavs-Warriors being overshadowed by Eldrick Woods’ DUI arrest. Nike does not sell golf equipment anymore, but they still sell golf clothes, which Woods endorses.

7) Houston Astros are almost definitely going to be in the playoffs; I’m curious how they’ll deal with Josh Reddick playing against lefties (Price? Sale? Lester?) in playoffs/World Series.

Reddick is a career .270 hitter vs righties, .220 vs lefties (.282 OB%). A’s once pinch-hit for him in the 4th inning of a big game because the opponent put a lefty in. So far this year he is 7-25 (.280) vs lefties; maybe the change of scenery has helped him. We’ll see.

6) Kansas Jayhawks will have six transfers amongst their 13 scholarship players next winter; only three of them will be eligible next season. Makes team chemistry a little dicey.

5) David Blatt went 83-40 as coach of the Cavaliers in the regular season, went 14-6 in playoff games and got fired. Now he coaches overseas; I think he had just enough ego to have been a really good college coach, but we’ll probably never know.

Fact of the matter is, if Lebron James wakes up one day in August and wants Tyronn Lue fired, the man is as good as gone. Probably won’t happen, but it could.

4) Not a big fan of playing the infield in; just doesn’t seem necessary, unless the runner on third is really fast. Playing fielders in opens up too many cheap hits that wouldn’t happen with a more traditional defense.

3) Joe Niekro pitched in the major leagues for 22 seasons, had 973 career at-bats with a .156 BA and hit one home run— off his brother, Hall of Fame Phil Niekro.

2) A Saudi prince lost $359M in six hours playing poker at a casino in Egypt; he also sold off five of his nine wives as a way to reduce his debt.

I knew cats had nine lives; had no idea Saudi princes had nine wives.

1) I don’t care what anyone says, Bob Uecker should’ve won an Oscar for best supporting actor for his role as Indians’ announcer Harry Doyle in Major League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prakharpal54
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com