Can we limit the Political Talk here? There's a forum for that...

Search

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
See what you started defying?

Tokens
It's a simple concept and normal people will see it.

Harry, Acebb, Pocketrockets, Bourn.......all have to bring me up in this thread. I'm not in the thread until they bring me up. Not a post to any of them.

Then they complain about my reaction?

like a bunch of bitchy women on their period.

Tokens
Most of what is printed here is best summed up as a floccinaucinihilipilification cheersgif

Handicapper
Tokens
This thread sucks

Tokens
I get why some feel that politics has a place in the offshore forum. The Offshore forum is less about "offshore" topics and more like our favorite bar where we see a lot of the same locals. The offshore forum is where we get to know each other on a more personal level and thus it is where a lot of friendships are formed. Its a sacred place that should be fought for! How we behave here, sets the tone for the behaviors we as posters find acceptable and that tone carries over to other sub forums.

With it being such a divisive time in politics, I feel like the division created during these arguments will have a long last effect on relationships. This animosity between some people would not be found otherwise if is wasn't for politics. The offshore forum should be the place that brings us together. We should talking about our similarities, ie interest in sports/gambling. If the political rhetoric continues during football season when traffic greatly increased, I think there could be negative consequences. The tension and sharp words seen by newbies may cause them to step back from the fray. Or if they dive right in, they instantly have enemies - all because of political views. I think it's a lose-lose situation for new members.

As well, I think these arguments give away theRX's only true advantage over our competitors and that's a non-combative atmosphere. Covers, SBR, EOG, TGF, and Peeps all seem to embrace that argumentative posting style. Of course, some of you don't mind it, but others do. Its certainly not a friendly atmosphere. Nothing good is coming from talking politics here. It could and probably has already created tension between long time posters, further dividing our loyal RX community. Is that what we want here?? Sides? Enemies?

I think ALL political topics and even mentions in threads should be moved to the political forum. It's there for a reason. I'd hate for RX to lose that advantage or even worse for the OS to become more like the Poly Forum.

Its football season! Let's come together and talk sports, debate sports, and enjoy the forum. We're not here to piss someone off, to be pissed off ourselves, that's what politics does.

I think a proactive approach of limiting these types of conversations to the Political Forum is in the best interest of the brand and growth of theRXForum. Obviously you are free to disagree but everything great about theRX is strained when politics take center focus.

Tokens
Another day goes by, and Vitterd sits in here trolling the forum all day long.

He's a total cancer to the forum.

I'm embarrassed that I engage the troll as much as I do, but clearly if it's not me he's trolling, he finds anyone else. Today it was Harry.

He thrives on the drama, because he's a complete drama queen douche.

dramaqueen.jpg

Tokens
Another day goes by, and Vitterd sits in here trolling the forum all day long.

He's a total cancer to the forum.

I'm embarrassed that I engage the troll as much as I do, but clearly if it's not me he's trolling, he finds anyone else. Today it was Harry.

He thrives on the drama, because he's a complete drama queen douche.

dramaqueen.jpg

**** trolling alert*****. Just like Harry did to me today.

Your streak is unofficially at 10 days.....record 17.

Tokens
Been saying this shit for years. Vitterd to come in here and call you a pussy in 3...2...1...

Too lazy to read 4 pages of back and forth, but Vitterd is singled out because he disagrees with Willie, FZ, all the other conservatives on this forum. The other threads aren't out of hand because its just the same 5 - 10 people agreeing with each other in every thread.

They are all just as annoying as they beat home the same point every post about how they hate hilary, obama is the worst president ever, etc..

Agree with Defying it is very annoying, but as Chop said, just can't click on any thread that looks semi-political

Beez in the trap
Tokens
I think we should have more political threads. Nothing gets a gambling forum going like good 'ol political talk. I also think we need more religion threads and what not.

Banned
Tokens
I get why some feel that politics has a place in the offshore forum. The Offshore forum is less about "offshore" topics and more like our favorite bar where we see a lot of the same locals. The offshore forum is where we get to know each other on a more personal level and thus it is where a lot of friendships are formed. Its a sacred place that should be fought for! How we behave here, sets the tone for the behaviors we as posters find acceptable and that tone carries over to other sub forums.

With it being such a divisive time in politics, I feel like the division created during these arguments will have a long last effect on relationships. This animosity between some people would not be found otherwise if is wasn't for politics. The offshore forum should be the place that brings us together. We should talking about our similarities, ie interest in sports/gambling. If the political rhetoric continues during football season when traffic greatly increased, I think there could be negative consequences. The tension and sharp words seen by newbies may cause them to step back from the fray. Or if they dive right in, they instantly have enemies - all because of political views. I think it's a lose-lose situation for new members.

As well, I think these arguments give away theRX's only true advantage over our competitors and that's a non-combative atmosphere. Covers, SBR, EOG, TGF, and Peeps all seem to embrace that argumentative posting style. Of course, some of you don't mind it, but others do. Its certainly not a friendly atmosphere. Nothing good is coming from talking politics here. It could and probably has already created tension between long time posters, further dividing our loyal RX community. Is that what we want here?? Sides? Enemies?

I think ALL political topics and even mentions in threads should be moved to the political forum. It's there for a reason. I'd hate for RX to lose that advantage or even worse for the OS to become more like the Poly Forum.

Its football season! Let's come together and talk sports, debate sports, and enjoy the forum. We're not here to piss someone off, to be pissed off ourselves, that's what politics does.

I think a proactive approach of limiting these types of conversations to the Political Forum is in the best interest of the brand and growth of theRXForum. Obviously you are free to disagree but everything great about theRX is strained when politics take center focus.

Some very excellent and valid points, arguments for Political Threads being -EV. It is though just 2 months from the most bizarre Presidential Election this country has ever seem and the Division that you speak of is a climate that exists within this country. Ignoring this, pretending that deep Division is not a reality within USA or acting like its not important is, IMO, a bad strategy.

Discussion of such, a good strategy IMO. trying to identify where the differences are and especially where those are based upon misinformation or lack of knowledge, very +EV IMO.

Serious Problems exist on this planet, problems we've had for centuries to some degree or another. This combined with the extraordinary Political Situation we are in right now with this Presidential Race creates, for me, a circumstance in which the expectation and desire that discussion of such stuff not exist or be limited within Offfshore is a wrong viewpoint to have.

Were Life all Wine & Roses outside of RX the Division here would be concerning but life beyond RX is not that plus Division, disagreement is as Natural, as Inherent to human existence as breathing is. Might be "just me" but I don't take Disagreement with me to be a Grave Thing, like, anything close to a "Dealbreaker" where regards interacting with people beyond that disagreement.

Some guys do, yeah and definitely some guys are vastly less interested in Political Discussion than others.

Maybe YOURS IS the correct side of this debate: that Political Discussions are -EV within Offshore vs. my feeling that these are important discussion to be had.

Its entirely possible that you are right and I am wrong, on this. Lack of Discussion, ignoring issues though...these exact behaviors have gotten us to a place where we are getting ground up beneath the wheels of a villainous Government thats wholly owned by Special Interests, Corporations and Foreign Governments.

Not that we could have done much to stop that and you may be right also in saying that totally nothing positive gets accomplished by Political Threads within Offshore and nothing positive has any hope of happening as result of these but I do think it is within our basic Nature to have such discussions.

And chiefly to expect that such Threads would not get made during this bizarre Presidential Election is unrealistic.

"Why do they have to exist in Offshore Forum though?"

Because Offshore is, as you described it, the General "Catch-All" Forum of stuff thats going on in Member's lives.

Which includes, as you described, stuff that can serve to bring members together but our lives are also comprised right now of stuff that members have differing viewpoints on.

I'm Down with Whatever though, in regards to how Admin decides to deal with Political Threads within Offshore, Overall, that there even has to BE Political Discussion filled with such Division is unfortunate but its always been this way on this planet, with very few exceptions within all lands and times and amongst all peoples, to such a degree in fact that this too feels like "The Way It Has To BE" here.

Bottom Line is that Earth's People are cast together into a tiny Sandbox and there a percentage of those people stirring up crap making the Sandbox less pleasant that it could be and your request that this not be discussed within a Forum thats designed to be a place where stuff that impacts our lives gets posted, seems "Flawed".

I do appreciate and understand your POV though and, again and most importantly: My Own Opinion on this deal could very well be wrong, and yours right.

Tokens
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
Some very excellent and valid points, arguments for Political Threads being -EV. It is though just 2 months from the most bizarre Presidential Election this country has ever seem and the Division that you speak of is a climate that exists within this country. Ignoring this, pretending that deep Division is not a reality within USA or acting like its not important is, IMO, a bad strategy.

Discussion of such, a good strategy IMO. trying to identify where the differences are and especially where those are based upon misinformation or lack of knowledge, very +EV IMO.
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Yes, if the discussion was fair, intriguing, intelligent, ect.. That's a lot of assumptions.

Further, youre assuming that all parties are willing to accept that they possibly could be wrong.. an assumption I'm not willing to make here....
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Serious Problems exist on this planet, problems we've had for centuries to some degree or another. This combined with the extraordinary Political Situation we are in right now with this Presidential Race creates, for me, a circumstance in which the expectation and desire that discussion of such stuff not exist or be limited within Offfshore is a wrong viewpoint to have.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]But the offshore - theRX in general- isn't diverse enough to have balanced conversation. It's one sided. It's the same people, saying the same thing, over and over again.. It's become so little about issues. it's almost as if no one has original opinions on this anymore, they all just toe the company line, spewing whatever political spin has been feed out there for the party backers to gobble up.

We're not having debates on complex issues where all sides are presented by intellectuals who've studied these concepts. We're essentially yelling about why red is better or why blue is a better color.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Were Life all Wine & Roses outside of RX the Division here would be concerning but life beyond RX is not that plus Division, disagreement is as Natural, as Inherent to human existence as breathing is. Might be "just me" but I don't take Disagreement with me to be a Grave Thing, like, anything close to a "Dealbreaker" where regards interacting with people beyond that disagreement.

Some guys do, yeah and definitely some guys are vastly less interested in Political Discussion than others.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif] I get your sentiment. That's it's an amazing group of people, that generally have respect for each other... But I'm saying that the damage that politics does here, right now, for simply screaming about what color is better has larger, deeper implications. It's not that only bad people feel this way. I'll admit it. I've lost a lot of respect for people that I had no problem with prior because of what I see as ignorance and short sidedness. I'm absolutely positive the feeling is mutual.

That's my main problem with all of this... That what brought us together, the forum, our love for sport, gamblings ect... We should be respecting our favorite online hang out instead of severing so many relationships and creating so many 'enemies' or even a 'dislike list'. Forums run on contribution of new material by a vast amount of posters. We need to be growing that number, not shriking it.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Its entirely possible that you are right and I am wrong, on this. Lack of Discussion, ignoring issues though...these exact behaviors have gotten us to a place where we are getting ground up beneath the wheels of a villainous Government thats wholly owned by Special Interests, Corporations and Foreign Governments.

Not that we could have done much to stop that and you may be right also in saying that totally nothing positive gets accomplished by Political Threads within Offshore and nothing positive has any hope of happening as result of these but I do think it is within our basic Nature to have such discussions.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]I'm just trying to look at theRX as brand. It's something we want to grow. Politics shouldn't be apart of our brand, it shouldn't mater if your a right wing nut, or a left wing crazy...

The conversation we are having here is doing nothing to solve anything. With the demographic here, it's a very one sided conversation. It's rarely informative. I'm just repeating myself here... But basically, I'm saying that change isn't happening on theRX. Now, I get that public opinion has a lot of power, but if you want to know what happens on this forum when people are allowed to talk Politics, just look at the Poly forum we have. It's literally the most unmoderated area of the forum. Impossible to control reactions, hurt feelings, hatefuliness. it's the wild west down there...
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]My point is I believe, and yes I could be wrong, but I believe that this has damaged the growth of theRX.. and given football season is HERE, influx of newbies or people that don't post often, that the kinds of political rhetoic that is happening in the offshore is not inviting or welcoming. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Tokens
Easiest way is to just move every political thread, no exceptions.

Tokens
Speak for yourself.

With the McLaughlin group cancelled after a 34 year run, where else can 1 go for political and cultural insight?

Banned
Tokens
What brought us together, the forum, our love for sport, gamblings ect... We should be respecting our favorite online hang out instead of severing so many relationships and creating so many 'enemies' or even a 'dislike list'. Forums run on contribution of new material by a vast amount of posters. We need to be growing that number, not shriking it.

I'm just trying to look at theRX as brand. It's something we want to grow. Politics shouldn't be apart of our brand, it shouldn't mater if your a right wing nut, or a left wing crazy...

The conversation we are having here is doing nothing to solve anything. I'm saying that change isn't happening on theRX. Now, I get that public opinion has a lot of power, but if you want to know what happens on this forum when people are allowed to talk Politics, just look at the Poly forum we have. It's literally the most unmoderated area of the forum. Impossible to control reactions, hurt feelings, hatefuliness. it's the wild west down there...

My point is I believe, and yes I could be wrong, but I believe that this has damaged the growth of theRX.. and given football season is HERE, influx of newbies or people that don't post often, that the kinds of political rhetoic that is happening in the offshore is not inviting or welcoming.

Hard to debate that stuff. My Side of this: that such discussions need to be had and are maybe even a basic thing that humans do, like: its within our DNA to discuss, debate issues of the day might very well be outweighed by harm thats done to The Brand.

It will shock you that while I am among those most guilty of one-sided and many on their surface Insane points of View, Solutions to problems so my posts within Political Threads make it appear as though I am really "on" about Political Discussion I actually don't even go in The Political Forum. Been there 4 times maybe within 7 years. Just to see if its as insane as you describe then recently to see if there was any specific talk relating to The Clinton Foundation.

You make very valid and strong points.

Not to further defend Political Threads within Offshore by this at all but this is, like, a "Perfect Storm" situation as we've got Islamic Terror, Social Justice Warriors pissing 99% of us here off, a couple of Prez candidates that are one a lying tool of the establishment and the 2nd the most total Snake Oil Salesman that has ever walked the Earth so these things combine to cause so many Political Threads in Offshore.

65 days from today when the Election is past us I'd expect a lot less Political Threads to get made in Offshore.

Which does not address your main point: the damage thats done to The Brand, Solid Regular posters like Matty Matt and DNoonan feeling like coming here less often and Newbies encountering vile-filled exchanges of Crazy.

Its important that what you say is considered, potential damage to the brand for sure....versus the benefit of people being informed and discussing stuff the Mainstream Media (MSM) will not report.

Such as Hillary's coughing fit. MSM is, of course, reporting this as a minor thing where they are reporting on it at all but from the Video we can see that it seems more serious than they report.

Clinton Foundation Contributors...MSM won't show the amounts contributed by Middle Eastern Kings but we are able to find that out via threads made in Offshore.

The Impact Muslim Immigration has had on Sweden, NO MSM will ever tell us that. Threads in Offshore did.

Thats what I meant, in part, by "its important that we have these discussions", its vital that we are informed to whats really going on bcuz our Media will not tell us.

Weighed though? This importance of us getting informed versus that damage to the RX Brand that Political Threads potentially cause?

Its a hard question.

Hard to support anything that damages the brand though and drives great posters away + discourages New Posters.

I was told never to talk about Politics or Religion.....

Mama said.

Banned
Tokens
Speak for yourself.

With the McLaughlin group cancelled after a 34 year run, where else can 1 go for political and cultural insight?

Well Said. You, personally, do not post enough of that. You know You Have The Goods lol. You have a Sane Take on this stuff, Rational, on Political Stuff and quite an informed stance. On Politics, and other stuff. Its almost like you not only went to school but you actually paid attention during that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allteamsname3
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com