Big 12 Off Season Thread 2014

Search

Tokens
Patterson isn't that far off. But his offensive recruiting MUST get better for TCU to be a playa in the Big 12.

For a (TCU) "Christian" school, it don't seem like he's recruiting too many "choir boys" up in Dallas. The teams that have moved to new conferences, particularly those that had to take a step up in competition class have really seemed to struggle out of the gate. It will be interesting to see if TCU can finally get it figured out in the BIG-12. Of course there are some exceptions, such as Texas A&M, but I have a feeling they are about to come back down to earth w/o Johhny Football and those 2 NFL offensive tackles.

Tokens
For a (TCU) "Christian" school, it don't seem like he's recruiting too many "choir boys" up in Dallas. The teams that have moved to new conferences, particularly those that had to take a step up in competition class have really seemed to struggle out of the gate. It will be interesting to see if TCU can finally get it figured out in the BIG-12. Of course there are some exceptions, such as Texas A&M, but I have a feeling they are about to come back down to earth w/o Johhny Football and those 2 NFL offensive tackles.

I agree on both accounts. Add to A&M's losses their best WR in school history and a brand new QB and I don't know how they do it. Will be fun to watch.

Tokens
I agree on both accounts. Add to A&M's losses their best WR in school history and a brand new QB and I don't know how they do it. Will be fun to watch.
JB, A&M is picked to finish next to last in their division. They aren't expected to do anything this year. Quit acting like it's going to be a big surprise if they have a bad year. I would worry more about your Horns. They are getting thinner by the minute. And Charlie is at it again with the latest victim being RT Kennedy Estelle. I'm not sure what the bullshit reason is this time. All I know is Texas is now down to one starter on the OL. And Jaxon Shipley also got hurt yesterday. So now you pretty much have zero WR depth...Good luck with all dat....

Tokens
Here is a pretty good analysis of just how good this Baylor offense was in 2013. They should be about on the same level in 2014. It is why you HAVE to make this team the leading contender along with OU to win the conference.

• The effect of Baylor's offense on other teams' defensive rankings
    From time to time there are comments about Baylor's stats last year being at least partially because they didn't play tough defenses. Most recent is in an ESPN article about how Bryce will have to struggle to equal last year's stats. I think that the defensive ranking of Baylor's opponents is significantly affected negatively by their having played BU, and pointing to the unadjusted rankings of the teams BU plays is not fair. I decided to look and see what effect BU really has. Following are two charts that show the effect BU had on the rankings of teams they played, based on yards allowed and points allowed.

You can see that the effect is significant. Every team BU played allowed more yards than they normally did, and they caused five teams to drop at least 20 spots in the rankings for yards allowed (and three dropped at least 30 spots). On points allowed, only OSU beat their average, and BU caused 8 teams to drop at least 10 spots in the rankings. Taking the Baylor game out of the stats rankings, they played 5 teams in the top 21 for scoring defense.​
    paperclip.png
    Attached Images
    attachment.php

Tokens
ESPN article on Trevor Knight and if he is a one hit wonder. He's definitely not a one hit wonder. My only question about him is his durability. He hasn't been able to string together more than 3 straight games of playing healthy and effective, which is a concern. And it just occurred to me that he will also be a Red River Shootout rookie. It's going to be an interesting season with this kid. I'm curious to see if Stoops holds him back a little and limits his carries and hits to protect him.

one.gif

Is Trevor Knight a one-hit wonder?

Originally Published: August 9, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com

ncf_a_sports_cr_576x324.jpg
AP Photo/Rusty CostanzaOklahoma's playoff hopes are riding on Trevor Knight, who had a breakout game in the Sugar Bowl.
Editor's note: We're counting down the days until the start of college football by taking a look at 25 of the most interesting people in the game. Click here to find the rest of the series.
NORMAN, Okla. -- The world is full of one-hit wonders.
Vanilla Ice. Buster Douglas. Harper Lee.
Yet Oklahoma's chance of seriously contending in the first year of the College Football Playoff hinges on whether Trevor Knight's Sugar Bowl performance was a one-off.
Or instead, a sign of what's to come.
"I expect that every game," said the Sooners' sophomore quarterback. "That's the baseline. I want to build on top of that."
Doing his best Douglas impersonation, Knight knocked out the defending champs in New Orleans in January. He completed 32 of 44 passes, threw for 348 yards and four touchdowns, and led the underdog Sooners to a 45-31 victory over Alabama in one of the biggest upsets of the BCS era.
“ These first few days of camp, the way he's throwing the ball, I feel like those Alabama dudes did. It's crazy. His confidence is there, his leadership is there.
” -- Oklahoma cornerback Zack Sanchez​
"That just showed the talent that we had seen in him," said Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops. "We just want to see it more consistently on Saturdays, but I think it's going to happen. He's in a position to move forward with it."
Although Texas and Baylor hammered Oklahoma earlier in the same season, the Sugar Bowl showing single-handedly has catapulted the momentum-filled Sooners from national afterthought into playoff hopeful.
Oklahoma returns the bulk of its defense from last year, including ferocious pass rushers Eric Striker and Geneo Grissom, who teamed up to sack Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron six times. The Sooners also boast the most experienced offensive line in the Big 12, and one of the league's most prolific pass-catchers in three-year starter Sterling Shepard.
But the predominant reason for optimism in Norman is based largely on a quarterback who completed less than 60 percent of his passes, lost his starting job early in the season, and has started and finished just three games in career.
Yet there were signs leading up to the Sugar Bowl that suggested Knight was capable of such a performance.
He first began turning heads two years ago as a scout-team quarterback imitating Johnny Manziel as the Sooners prepared to play Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl. Oklahoma couldn't stop the real Manziel, who broke several Cotton Bowl records in a rout of the Sooners. But the Oklahoma defense couldn't stop Knight in practice, either.
"We've known Trevor was going to be a great quarterback," said Sooners offensive tackle Tyrus Thompson. "It was just a matter of him showing everybody else that."
Knight carried his Manziel experience over into last preseason. Even though Blake Bell was the heir apparent to Landry Jones after two successful seasons operating the "Belldozer" short-yardage package, Knight stunned outsiders to beat out Bell and win the starting position.
But Knight struggled with his nerves and his passing accuracy in Oklahoma's first two games. He also injured his knee and elbow in Week 2, which allowed Bell to temporarily reclaim the job.
"Early in the year, it wasn't anything he couldn't do," said Oklahoma cornerback Zack Sanchez. "It was just him believing in himself."
Despite the rough beginning, Knight never stopped believing in himself. And when Bell suffered a concussion in mid-November, Knight made the most of his second chance.
[+] Enlarge Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY SportsTrevor Knight became the clear-cut starter, and teammates say his confidence shows.

"Going through that adversity, I learned how to lead from a different way," he said. "I learned how to overcome adversity."
As a precursor to the Alabama game, Knight shredded Kansas State's defense on the road, handing the Wildcats their only loss in their final seven games. On Oklahoma's opening drive, Knight tossed a 12-yard touchdown strike to Shepard on third-and-goal, setting the tone for the day and the rest of the year. He finished with 14-of-20 passing and ran for another 82 yards and a touchdown as the Sooners outgunned K-State 41-31 to lay the groundwork for their late-season surge.
"In that Kansas State game, you could kind of see the light coming on for him," Thompson said.
Knight injured his wrist just before halftime the next week at Oklahoma State. But even though Bell came in to throw the winning touchdown to beat the Cowboys with seconds remaining, the Oklahoma coaching staff turned the offense over to Knight full time leading up to the Sugar Bowl.
"Everyone battled as a team," Knight said. "And it all came together at the right time at the end."
Did it ever.
For Knight and for Oklahoma.
As two-touchdown underdogs, the Sooners were up against the ropes early. Alabama scored four plays into the game, then intercepted Knight off a tipped pass on Oklahoma's ensuing possession.
But Knight bounced back fast. He heaved a 45-yard touchdown to Lacoltan Bester on his very next throw. And with his arm and his wheels, he put the vaunted Crimson Tide on their heels the rest of the night.
"For him, it was the perfect storm of everything coming together," said Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty, who befriended Knight at the Manning Passing Academy this summer. "I wasn't ready mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually to handle all that comes with [being the starting quarterback] until a couple of years down the road after my freshman year."
With Bell now at tight end full time and Knight brimming with confidence as the clear-cut starter, everything appears to have come together.
"These first few days of camp, the way he's throwing the ball, I feel like those Alabama dudes did. It's crazy," Sanchez said. "His confidence is there, his leadership is there.
"I feel like it's going to be a huge year for Trevor."
Now, Knight is looking for more. He wants to be the quarterback who leads Oklahoma into the playoff. Not just the one-hit wonder who beat Alabama.
"I think I'm a different guy from the Sugar Bowl," he said. "That's the past.
"I'm excited about taking that confidence we gained from the Sugar Bowl -- and carrying it into this season."

Tokens
played OU to win BCS 12-1
Not bad odds. The only thing that makes me uneasy about OU, or for that fact any Big 12 team is they haven't been a top 10 program in recruiting for a few years now. Usually you need to be in the top 10 for the past couple of yerrs or more to have the talent required to take home a national championship. Under this new playoff format that trend could change. But I don't see any advantages that OU or a Baylor would have over the 3 other teams in a playoff. So essentially to win the bet it will be like flipping a coin twice and hoping they both land on heads. My only hope is the SEC teams kill each other off and miss the playoff, and OU gets a softer or less talented opponent.

Tokens
I'm not sure TT is going to be as good (8-9 wins) as Myerberg says. Much will depend on this new JC talent they brought in. But they are a team on the upswing with a dynamic young coach. This year for TT it comes down to if they can work out two of their biggest problem areas. Stopping the run and turnovers.

College Football Countdown | No. 28: Texas Tech

Paul Myerberg, USA TODAY Sports 3:23 p.m. EDT August 10, 2014
USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg counts down to the start of the college football season team by team from No. 128 to No. 1.

1407655994000-USATSI-7650092.jpg

The potential of Texas Tech sophomore quarterback Davis Webb seems limitless.(Photo: Kirby Lee, USA TODAY Sports)

756 CONNECT 75 TWEET 1 LINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

People don't always listen when Kliff Kingsbury talks, sadly, because a portion of those listening can't stop staring at his face.
He's handsome. He is blessed with certain physical attributes. He has a certain – how should I put this – friendly and accommodating bone structure. There's normal attractive and there's football-coach attractive; Kingsbury fits into both categories.
Imagine if Uncle Rico actually matched his life goals – and could throw a football over them mountains in the first place. Imagine Benjamin Button as a football coach: Everyone becomes a better coach in time, due to added experience and so forth, but Kingsbury becomes better looking – and scope as evidence that playing-days headshot, bowl cut and all.
Kingsbury is where image and football have met, colliding like two worlds for the benefit of the coach, the team and the program. Texas Tech is cool; Texas Tech has long been weird, unorthodox, but never cool. Image, part of the process elsewhere, is the Red Raiders' defining tool.
1407654235000-ttu1.png

Being cool is good: Texas Tech has a leg up on the competition in the living room, where Kingsbury admits to playing to his strengths – "I kind of encourage that a little bit," he said when asked if single moms flirt with him on visits – and on the field, where the Kingsbury-infused sense of confidence led the Red Raiders to an eight-win debut.
Yet this would all be for naught if Kingsbury couldn't coach. He's always been able to lead an offense, as shown at Houston and Texas A&M, both times under Kevin Sumlin, the latter turn as the hand behind Johnny Manziel's run to the Heisman Trophy.
Now he's shown he can lead a program. The Red Raiders stumbled during Big 12 play last fall, dropping five in a row to end the regular season, but rebounded to top Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl – doubling down on momentum and confidence. Consider: If you add substance to style … well, you might be onto something.
LAST YEAR'S PREDICTION:
In all, and while I might be lower on Tech than most, I think this is a six-win team in the regular season that needs patience as a rookie coach and a new cast of characters get on the same page.
2013 RECAP:
In a nutshell: Texas Tech stormed out of the gate with seven wins, none of consequence, and tumbled down the Big 12 pecking order once the calendar revealed the Red Raiders' inherent flaws. A loss to Arizona State would have made that a theme, one Kingsbury and Tech would have faced as the defining storyline of the offseason. That win was big: Tech needed to reverse the slide and did so, clearly making the most of the weeks of bowl preparation to come out firing against one of the top teams from the Pac-12. It ended the streak and began another – the Red Raiders beat a good team, developed more confidence and head into this fall angling for another shot at the Big 12's best.

USATODAY
2014 USA TODAY Sports College Football Countdown

High point: Beating Arizona State.
Low point: Five losses in a row to end the regular season. It wasn't pretty: Oklahoma only won by eight points, but losses to Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Baylor and Texas came by a combined score of 205-110.
Tidbit: Texas Tech has just one losing season in the last 19 years, the fewest of any Football Bowl Subdivision program in Texas. Since 1995 – the start of the Red Raiders' streak, and not counting FBS newcomers Texas State and UTSA – Texas has two losing seasons, TCU and Texas A&M have four, Houston has nine, Rice has 12, SMU has 13, Baylor has 14, North Texas has 15 and UTEP has 16.
ARBITRARY TOP FIVE LIST:
Cliffs
1. Huxtable
2. Lee
3. Clavin
4. Burton
5. Robertson
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Offense: By the time all is said and done – and even if he doesn't last four years – Davis Webb could leave Lubbock as the finest quarterback in program history. He's already among the most physically gifted: Webb looks the part of a first-round pick, with his tall frame, broad shoulders and next-level arm, distancing himself from the many other Tech quarterbacks to ride the pine, shrug on some pads and pace the nation as one-year starters. All that's lacking is experience, truth be told, and Webb adds familiarity and know-how with each passing practice, drill and team meeting. Even last fall, as a true freshman, Webb showed a beyond-his-ears grasp of not just the offense – which is too friendly to fail – but of opposing defenses, an early development that bodes extremely well for his long-term future with the Red Raiders. When it comes to this fall, I absolutely expect Webb to earn all-conference honors and give Bryce Petty a bit of a push among the league rankings – particularly if he does a bit better in stretching the field. Webb's in a perfect spot: Davis, meet Kliff, and let's have a blast.
1407655384000-USATSI-7564543.jpg
Texas Tech may have the luxury of moving star offensive lineman Le'Raven Clark to right guard this season.(Photo: Matthew Emmons, USA TODAY Sports)

He'll have a new blind-side protector this fall, it seems. After starring as a rookie at right guard and earning first-team all-league honors last fall, Le'Raven Clark very well could spend his junior season back at right guard, boosting the Raiders' run game. The move was made possible by JUCO transfer Dominique Robertson's strong offseason; he's assumed the job at left tackle heading into the heart of August, though he'll need to continue his solid play to retain the spot. If Robertson can handle the load, Clark's move achieves two feats: one, aiding the ground attack, and two, it allows Tech to get its best starting five into the lineup. Clark's transition would then give Tech three options at the second guard spot: Baylen Brown, Trey Keenan and Alfredo Morales – meaning there's really nice depth. Elsewhere, there's no doubt that senior Reshod Fortenberry handles right tackle and junior Jared Kaster center.
There's no Jace Amaro on the roster, but that's fine: Players of Amaro's ability – and blend of size, speed and grace – coming along once in a generation. Even with the All-American causing havoc, the Raiders' receiver corps is poised to join Webb in leading this passing game another step up the ladder. Technically, Amaro's role will be filled by senior Bradley Marquez (49 receptions for 633 yards), who seems multiple enough to meet the task. But with Amaro and Eric Ward gone, things might change a tough: Tech might be even more willing to spread the wealth than in Kingsbury's first season. So Marquez is going to get his, as will junior Jakeem Grant (65 for 796), Reginald Davis (15 for 200), Jordan Davis (28 for 243), D.J. Polite-Bray, Brent Mitchum, Dominique Wheeler, Shawn Corker, JUCO transfer Devin Lauderdale and as many as three or four true freshmen – Ian Sadler, for instance. Depth: Texas Tech has it. Webb reaps the benefits.
1407654092000-USATSI-7581910.jpg
Receiver Bradley Marquez (4) is ripe for an even bigger breakout in 2014.(Photo: Tim Heitman, USA TODAY Sports)

Defense: JUCO transfers abound along the defensive line, which must replace three of the leading members of last year's rotation. Four JUCO transfers, to be precise: Brandon Thorpe at end, Rike Levi on the nose and Marcus Smith and Keland McElrath at tackle. All could start; none could start; all will be huge factors. Take Levi, for one, and how his 380-pound frame can be a huge tool in small doses – probably as an early-down contributor. Levi could be a beautiful complement to junior Jackson Richards, a four-game starter last fall with the quickness to penetrate on the nose or at tackle. Thorpe will likely be used as Branden Jackson's backup at end, with Jackson the line's lone returning starter, while Smith and McElrath will immediately join the tackle rotation with junior Demetrius Alston. Smith, like Richards, could provide snaps both inside and out. It's a gambling act, true, but give credit to this staff for locating immediate-impact performers on the JUCO trail.
1407655710000-USATSI-7473173.jpg
Jackson Richards (43) is a versatile piece of Texas Tech's defensive line.(Photo: John Rieger, USA TODAY Sports)

Two defenders will determine the nature of the linebacker corps – but if this pair delivers, it's safe to call the second level a clear strength. One is converted running back Kenny Williams, who shifted to the defensive side of the ball in the spring and quickly grabbed hold of a starting role on the outside, though he missed the spring game. He looks like the part: Williams packs speed, power and athleticism into his 225-pound frame, giving him a heat-seeking-missile look coming off the corner. I think he'll do well. The second new face comes in the middle, where former Utah transfer V.J. Fehoko, the Raiders' replacement for the underrated Will Smith. Like Williams, I think Fehoko – a family name quickly familiar to this fan base – is going to have a solid one-year turn with the program; more than anything, he seems motivated to capture his potential. Then there are the sure things: Sam Eguavoen (70 tackles) just gets in done in the middle, to little acclaim, and junior Pete Robertson (60 tackles, 9.0 for loss) seems poised to burst onto the scene in the Big 12.
The staff will need to be patient with this secondary. There's talent here, a good amount of talent, but it's extremely inexperienced: Tech should start four sophomores along the back end, with a number of other underclassmen in reserve, so there will be growing pains while the young core grows accustomed to the rigors of the Big 12. But when it clicks – and it'll click at some point – this group is going to be fantastic. The Raiders will go with sophomores J.J. Gaines (16 tackles, 2 interceptions) and Keenon Ward at free and strong safety, respectively, with Gaines back at full strength after last year's injury; another newcomer, JUCO transfer Josh Keys, stands as the top reserve. One of the benefits of seeing the field last fall – rather than taking a redshirt – is that sophomores Justis Nelson and La'Darius Newbold, the projected starters, are a little ahead of the curve. They'll get the nod to start, perhaps pushed at times by converted running back Tyler Middleton, a potential tool at nickel back, and true freshman Nigel Bethel II. In all, Keys and Middleton are the only juniors perhaps set to contribute – meaning this group is set to develop very nicely during the next two seasons.
Special teams: In a perfect world, Tech would never even attempt a field goal. Kingsbury still has to feel confident in the leg of senior Ryan Bustin, a near-lock on those makeable tries within 35 yards. There's a bit of a competition underway at punter and kickoff specialist between Taylor Symmank and Kramer Fyfe, but both are serviceable. Happily, the Raiders' electricity at wide receiver translates fully to the return game.
POSITION(S) TO WATCH:
Running back: Kenny Williams' move to defense robs Tech of last year's leading rusher and, among a crop of shiftier options, the backfield's lone bruiser. So look for a change in approach: Tech will lean away from Williams' tougher style to a more quick-twitch, frenetic mindset, maintaining a by-committee theme with as many as three or four different rushers. One will be junior DeAndre Washington (450 yards), the clear leader on the two-deep; Washington essentially split carries with Williams a season ago, adding in a nice degree of production in the passing game. While the Red Raiders also return sophomore Quinton White (120 yards), the backup coming out of the spring, it's highly likely that the staff leans on incoming freshmen Demarcus Felton and Justin Stockton for an immediate impact. Basically, the physical makeup of the backfield doesn't necessarily change Tech's commitment to the running game, but merely means more outside looks from the zone-based scheme rather than the Williams-led between-the-tackles approach.
1407654315000-ttu2.png

GAME(S) TO WATCH:
Oklahoma State: Conference play begins with back-to-back road games against Oklahoma State and Kansas State; the Red Raiders must win at least one of two to justify this preseason ranking. A split would leave Tech at 6-1 heading into the home stretch: TCU on the road, Texas and Oklahoma at home, Iowa State on the road and Baylor at AT&T Stadium.
SEASON BREAKDOWN & PREDICTION:
In a nutshell: I really think Texas Tech could have a fantastic season. First, however, here's why the Red Raiders seem to be overlooked: Tech has no quarterback depth, moved its leading rusher to defense, lost its two leading receivers, is reliant on JUCO transfers along the defensive line, has two newcomers at linebacker and is dangerously young in the secondary. These are issues, clearly, and they're hard to overlook. Yet there seems to be something happening here, slowly and steadily; there seems to be growth happening, on the field and off, and the confidence that Kingsbury has given this team seems to be taking flight as he enters his second season with the program.

USATODAY
2014 College Football TV Schedule

There will be some bumps along the way. The secondary's going to have its moments of brilliance tempered by head-scratching moments of ineptitude, particularly in the early going; it's a good thing, therefore, that Tech eases into the regular season. The defensive line needs to prove itself in the pass rush, while the front seven as a whole needs to develop cohesiveness as a single unit. The offensive line has options with Clark, but in a perfect world he'd be able to remain inside. The receiver corps, lacking a clear-cut leader, must produce with consistency. But if things click before October on defense, if the line and receiver corps don't miss a beat … Texas Tech could be really, really good.
That's my take. The offense is going to be absolutely superb, challenging Baylor for tops in the Big 12. Webb in particular will be a breakout star. In total, a full offseason in Kingsbury's system will pay enormous dividends. Tech has some holes to fill on defense – but this is the Big 12, and you can win nine-plus games with a superb offense and a slightly above-average defense. You can't win the conference altogether, of course, and Tech's not finishing ahead of Oklahoma, Baylor and Kansas State. You can still make noise, still rattle some cages, still send a message and still create even more momentum. Tech will do all those things, winning at least eight and perhaps nine games during the regular season.
Dream season: Texas Tech goes 10-2, losing to Baylor and OU but finishing tied for second in the Big 12.
Nightmare season: The Red Raiders start strong but lose six of eight to end the year.

Tokens
Oklahoma is doomed. Why S.I. why did you do this to us? By the way their Final Four prediction is too simple. I don't see it going down that way.

• Bu7X-3fIEAEnrJx.jpg

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
yeah, Tide fucked as well....argh

1574077.jpg

others were Hundley, Rapeis, and Braxton Miller

Tokens
the killer one for me was when Brodie Croyle made the cover with the title something like "The Tide is Back".... should have fired Mike Shula that week and saved us all a lot of misery... lost 2 games after that cover (one loss has since prompted "honk if you sacked brodie croyle" bumper stickers) then went 6-7 the next year.

Tokens
bol this year, thanks for the info the big-12 seems like a fun conference this year. oklahoma, baylor, but i think a darkhorse is tcu.

Tokens
GS, That's some high praise for T Tech QB Davis Webb, do you think he is the real deal? How would you rank the QBs in the Big12 from top to bottom?

Tokens
GS, That's some high praise for T Tech QB Davis Webb, do you think he is the real deal? How would you rank the QBs in the Big12 from top to bottom?
I like Webb quite a bit. He's put on some weight this offseason, and could have a big year if he stays healthy. But the TT defense is another issue. They could have a long year on that side of the ball, depending on how their JC recruits perform. From top to bottom this is how I rank the Big 12 QB's. Based mainly on offensive production numbers and the QB protection they'll be getting this year.

1.Bryce Petty (Baylor) ..More of the same
2.Jake Waters (KSU)...Makes good decisions. Most of his success will depend on how fast a couple new faces on the OL come together. Has Lockett to throw to. Need I say more?
3.Trevor Knight (OU)..He didn't have the best Spring Game. And Stoops could pull in the reins a little on him since no adequate backup QB if he gets hurt. OU will probably depend on the running game more than people think.
4.Davis Webb (TT)..Will have a big year IF a couple of his new receivers come through. But he will initially miss his stud go to guy TE Amaro
5.JW Walsh (OSU) ..If Gundy doesn't try to tinker with his QB's
6.David Ash (UT) If he can stay healthy..
7.Grant Rohach (ISU)..ISU's best OL in many years. Rhoads likes to tinker with his QB's too. So Richardson could see a lot of playing time
8.Matt Joeckel (TCU) .If he starts over Boykin. But there could be an adjustment period with the new offensive schemes.Just have to play it by ear with this team.
9.Clint Trickett (WV)..But the chances of him staying healthy are slim. And Holgersen is on his way out
10.Montell Cozart (Kansas)..A better runner than passer. It's too bad, this is Kansas best receiving corps since the Mangino era.

Tokens
GS, been watching "College Football" on CBS Sports (funny, Houston Nutt is one of the anchors) and they were saying Shannon is gone for the year, suspended. That announced this am? Look forward to the season, sitting in the ACC/SEC bleachers now, lol.

~T~

Tokens
GS, been watching "College Football" on CBS Sports (funny, Houston Nutt is one of the anchors) and they were saying Shannon is gone for the year, suspended. That announced this am? Look forward to the season, sitting in the ACC/SEC bleachers now, lol.

~T~

yes they suspended him on monday due to sexual assault allegations. he's gone for the year

Tokens
yes they suspended him on monday due to sexual assault allegations. he's gone for the year

Went back to quick check the 2011 season results after Box had checked out and they went 10-3, this was just a shits and giggles check, so no real significance I could see other than they might have gone 11-1 regular season with him, two of the conf losses being by a field goal and TD. Don't know he would have mattered in the Pokes game since they got blown out. But that being said, losing your lead tackler from a year ago is never a good thing. I'm trying to bone up on ACC/SEC from here in North Carolina to help where I can, but leaving Oklahoma was a tough decision. Shit happens when your folks hit the golden years, lol. GLTA this season, looking forward to extracting house money.

~T~

Tokens

~T~
Shannon was OU's leading tackler last year, so yes it hurts...I'm hoping he doesn't do something stupid and go pro in the next year. I don't think his draft status would be very high if he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myshardauniversity
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com