another calipari choke job

Search

The Gr8 1
Tokens
weasel123 - Look, anyone can win this game tonight and UConn just might win (I think they will), but to say Calipari is not a good coach is insane. You keep talking about the talent, but that is part of being a coach. You recruit that talent. How many coaches can take all these freshman and mold them to be a team? Not many. You have to be doing something well when you get to the final four 3 times in the last 4 years. It's not easy winning a championship. Boeheim has 1 in 30+ years at Syracuse. A lot of REALLY good coaches have 1 or no national championships. Look what he did 3 years ago. He took a 5 seed to the final four by knocking off the 2 favorites along the way that year (Ohio St and UNC). This year, he beat a VERY good undefeated Wichita St team (with all upperclassmen). Knocked off an upperclassmen and rival Louisville. Then a very good Michigan and Wisconsin team. You aren't even in those games without some kind of knowledge of the game.

As far as kids going to class ... just look it up. Many articles out there about UK players and class. Their overall gpa is something like a 3.4. UK has a top tier APR score. My nephew goes to UK. He said that when they won a few weeks ago and the game ended around 12:30 at night (didn't get back to Lexington until around 3:30am)... two of the players in his 8am class were there the next morning. EVERY player comes back to Lexington during the summer. Sure, they want to go to the NBA, but what college kid doesn't want to? Cal doesn't hold kids back. If they are a top 20 pick ... he doesn't try to convince them to stay (unlike most coaches). That is why kids want to play for him ... he doesn't hold anyone back for HIS own good. Calipari didn't invent the one and done. He goes after the top players just like every other coach does. Coach K has 3 "one and done" players coming in next year and recruited Rives, Irving and Parker ... I guess he is bad for the game as well.

You can hate him all you want, but the guy has been amazing for Lexington on and off the basketball court. He has raised over 1 million dollars for Haiti victims. He raised thousands of dollars for organizations such as Samaritan's Feet, Save the Children, Team Focus, City House, Foundation for Appalachian Kentucky, Hope For The Warriors. Gives millions of dollars to cancer research. Helped build new library and still gives money to Memphis

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...akes-right-calls-when-it-comes-to-charity-too

In regards to him paying players ... just stop. That is insane. If he was paying players ... don't think all the top recruits who didn't go to UK (that they recruited) in regards to Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Aaron Gordon etc ... would have said something? lol Or maybe other coaches offered them more money???
Why would he need to do that? Kids are wanting to play for him, he doesn't need to cheat. Look up the information on him. He has ZERO NCAA infractions. Derrick Rose took his SAT in high school when he was not even committed to anyone. Then, the NCAA came in the beginning of the year and said something may be up. The NCAA cleared Rose. Calipari asked them to look into again and they eventually cleared him 3 SEPARATE TIMES. What coach wouldn't play Rose if cleared by NCAA?

I actually kind of like UConn to win tonight, so it's not the homer in me talking. The guy is obviously doing something right if he can make the final four 3 times in 4 years.

The Gr8 1
Tokens
I go back and forth. I might just lay off and just cheer on my Cats. Napier and Boatright are tough, but at the same time, UK has played pretty well against small quick guards. Their length really does cause problems. They caused a lot of problems for Russ Smith and Chris Jones. The thing that UK does really well is switching every screen. It makes it hard for guards to shoot over and get easy looks. Calipari has done a pretty good job at focusing on shutting down the star players and making the role players beat them.

It will come down to turnovers and transition points. If UConn can turn them over and get some fast break points ... game goes to UConn. If it becomes a half court game ... I think UK wins. Nothing would shock me in this game. The other thing that scares me off UConn is that almost every capper I have seen is on UConn.
This is a very tough game to cap and anyone who says differently is wrong. lol

The Gr8 1
Tokens
A couple more thoughts .. UConn's best bet to beat UK is probably to sag the defense and force UK to hit shots outside. Unfortunately for UConn, that is not what they do best and what got them here. They like to pressure up. UK has done very well against teams this year that pressure up (as opposed to teams that like to sag back).

Tokens
Good point jbragg10 ...buddy has Ken -1 to win 5000 and Ken ML 7500 to win 5000 ...Love what coach Ollie has done with program...starting to like Kentucky now...total scares me...i loved over sun...and now like the und 135 with 80% or more on over...I dont see books giving money away...may buy 2 or more points and play under 137 or so...

The Gr8 1
Tokens
In all honesty ... I wouldn't touch this game with a 10ft pool. People will bet on it because it's the national championship, but this game would never be a heavy bet game during regular season. True coin flip.

Tokens
hell bragg you could coach 5 NBA players every year for 1 year and keep making it to the final 4.....he cant win though because when it comes to actually coaching he don't know how..and you cant keep counting on a 3 pointer at the end to win...2 games in a row they should of lost and it was nothing he did except go out and get the top NBA recruits that wouldn't even be in college if it weren't for the rule they cant go straight to the NBA out of High school... and then when he moves on from that school they go on probation.... go look at the schools hes coached at you'll see I'm not making it up....let's see starting lineup 5 freshman...next year starting lineup 5 freshman.....I'd bet have of them don't even go to aclass

top nominee: dumbest and most clueless post ever written anywhere. oh, and it's " half" of them don't go to class, not "have", einstein. try getting a GED before commenting on subjects you know nothing about.

Tokens
Back to Coach Cal, although he has been good for KY-less last year, which was just terrible-the one thing that I will always remember is 2008; Memphis up 3 vs. Kansas in the Championship- 9 seconds left on the clock.

Everyone, and I mean fans, viewers, announcers and Bill Self knew that Cal was going to intentionally foul before Kansas could get a shot off to prevent OT. We were ALL wrong! Crooked Cal gambled and let Chalmers take the 3 (nothing but net) and they went to OT-we all know what happened there.

No GREAT coach makes that mistake in a championship game. Lest we not forget that Memphis vacated ALL of their 38 wins from that 2008 after finding Derrick Rose's elgibility issues. Of course, Cal was well on his way to KY by that time.

KY fans love him today, they loved him after the 2012 championship, not so much after the Robert Morris fiasco last year. We'll see when it ends.

Tokens
Back to Coach Cal, although he has been good for KY-less last year, which was just terrible-the one thing that I will always remember is 2008; Memphis up 3 vs. Kansas in the Championship- 9 seconds left on the clock.

Everyone, and I mean fans, viewers, announcers and Bill Self knew that Cal was going to intentionally foul before Kansas could get a shot off to prevent OT. We were ALL wrong! Crooked Cal gambled and let Chalmers take the 3 (nothing but net) and they went to OT-we all know what happened there.

No GREAT coach makes that mistake in a championship game. Lest we not forget that Memphis vacated ALL of their 38 wins from that 2008 after finding Derrick Rose's elgibility issues. Of course, Cal was well on his way to KY by that time.

KY fans love him today, they loved him after the 2012 championship, not so much after the Robert Morris fiasco last year. We'll see when it ends.

you are talking about violations that occur in over 90% of the major high power teams in the nation. he got caught. that's the only difference. do want to talk about being a boy scout or being a great coach????? he has proven he is a great coach. in 2008. fouling was not a guarantee of a win. you are not portraying it in it's full light. many coaches would not foul in that position. he didn't and it killed him. is he the only great coach that has happened to???? if you want a boy scout. he is not one. he is no worse than 90% of the coaches in the country, he just has the bad guy image. to question his his coaching ability is insane, even with the 2008 call that was so obvious to people that have never coached basketball.

just an average Joe trying to beat my bookie!!!!
Tokens
Alright you guys win he's the greatest coach on earth but I can't wait until he leaves ky and they sanction them just like they did at u mass and Memphis when he left there for the same reasons but of course he didn't know anything about it and if they showed up for class its because they have to. I can bet money none of them carry any kind of GPA that your saying. It might be on paper they are but I'll put my life on it that they aren't that smart and eventually they all get caught. Its funny you bring up boeheim as a great coach when you look at his stats as a coach they are probably the most padded in the game. He plays almost his first 15 games every year against nobody's and they are almost all at home. That's why if u. Look back over the years he's always up there at 15 to 20 and 0 before the conference starts and they are mostly all home games. But I give up you guys are right cal is great but think anyone that has that much talent every year for their 1 and done should win the championship every year and should be a 1 seed every year not a 5 or an 8 or in the NIT if your that great of a coach because u sure have the horses to do it

Tokens
Alright you guys win he's the greatest coach on earth but I can't wait until he leaves ky and they sanction them just like they did at u mass and Memphis when he left there for the same reasons but of course he didn't know anything about it and if they showed up for class its because they have to. I can bet money none of them carry any kind of GPA that your saying. It might be on paper they are but I'll put my life on it that they aren't that smart and eventually they all get caught. Its funny you bring up boeheim as a great coach when you look at his stats as a coach they are probably the most padded in the game. He plays almost his first 15 games every year against nobody's and they are almost all at home. That's why if u. Look back over the years he's always up there at 15 to 20 and 0 before the conference starts and they are mostly all home games. But I give up you guys are right cal is great but think anyone that has that much talent every year for their 1 and done should win the championship every year and should be a 1 seed every year not a 5 or an 8 or in the NIT if your that great of a coach because u sure have the horses to do it

SO IN BIG TIME COLLEGE SPORTS, WOULD YOU SAY THAT IS THE EXCEPTION OR THE NORM??????? i already know the answer.

Tokens
top nominee: dumbest and most clueless post ever written anywhere. oh, and it's " half" of them don't go to class, not "have", einstein. try getting a GED before commenting on subjects you know nothing about.
I don't need a GED to say what I say about a crooked coach I just say that even an asshole English teacher like you could win 30 games if you were coaching an NBA team in college. Even in 2008 when he brought on of his most illegal classes but yet one of the best recruiting classes in Ky history he still couldn't even beat a weak ass WVU team in the tourney do old me Mr Wall and his fellow NBA teammates went on to the NBA and left him to go get another team of 1 and dones to play again. They be the dumbest remarks but they are all true and I can't believe the NCAA just keeps letting him do it yet they go and get a team like michigan right away when they had the fab 5.

Tokens
I don't need a GED to say what I say about a crooked coach I just say that even an asshole English teacher like you could win 30 games if you were coaching an NBA team in college. Even in 2008 when he brought on of his most illegal classes but yet one of the best recruiting classes in Ky history he still couldn't even beat a weak ass WVU team in the tourney do old me Mr Wall and his fellow NBA teammates went on to the NBA and left him to go get another team of 1 and dones to play again. They be the dumbest remarks but they are all true and I can't believe the NCAA just keeps letting him do it yet they go and get a team like michigan right away when they had the fab 5.

like i said, if you watch big time college sports and ethical coaching is what you focus on, you are in the vast minority. i thought everyone knew it was big business and 90% of all big time programs are crooked. i guess you missed that memo. every other big coach goes after the same players he does and they would treat them the same way, " don't kill anyone, you might miss a game". it is all about winning. think of all the scandals and sanctions there have been around the country. you just hate Cap because he still keeps winning. to portray him as more crooked than most coaches is laughable. you have an 8th graders view of how moral everyone is. wake up.

The Gr8 1
Tokens
I never said he was the best coach. X's and O's ... not near the top. Building chemistry amongst new guys every year ... he is the best. Recruiting is part of being a "coach". Overall .. he is a top 5-7 coach. You were saying he was terrible. That's a big difference. Everyone tries to dig up stuff on Calipari. Every media member, every ncaa member, every coach etc ... If he was cheating at UK, I am pretty sure he would have been caught a long time ago. Whatever happens tonight will not change my opinion about him. If they lose .. it's been a great run. Knocking off an undefeated Wichita and your rival in Louisville to get to championship (knocking off 3 out of the 4 final four teams last year) is enough for me. Do I want to win ... sure, but if we don't, I still don't think Calipari is a horrible coach. We have 8 national championships in about 120 years of existence (2nd most championships in basketball behind UCLA). That means a championship is won every 15 years ... that's not often. You can't really expect to win it every year, but to be in contention every year is a great feeling

Tokens
SO IN BIG TIME COLLEGE SPORTS, WOULD YOU SAY THAT IS THE EXCEPTION OR THE NORM??????? i already know the answer.

DO I THINK IT"S THE NORM FOR THE SCHOOLS TO PAD THEIR STATS LIKE HE DOES????NO MOST OF THE BIGGER SCHOOLS ANYMORE PLAY IN THOSE HOLIDAY TOURNEYS WHERE THEY PLAY EACH OTHER EARLY IN THE SEASON AND ALMOST ALL OF THEM DO THAT ANYMORE BUT NOT BOEHEIM......so you don't know the answer evidently....but you think you know everything about college basketball but I think your just a Cal ass kisser and think he walks on water when all he does is get all the top all american kids that aren't smart enough to get a degree and that's why other freshman chose other schools because they don't want to do 1 and done.....do all the freshman graduate when they go to other schools maybe not but they go for more then the year they do at KY.....he's not a great coach he's just like Bragg keeps saying a great recruiter but then when the school gets caught he say's I didn't know they did that ....give me a break...I can't believe your going to keep arguing that this guy is a great coach and overlook that he's an 8 seeded team with all them NBA players and I bet a good not great coach with them same guys would have them as a 1 seed and maybe undefeated.....when Bobby Huggins was doing the same thing at Cin they said he was a criminal....LOL Cal does and he's a GOD!!!!!

Tokens
like i said, if you watch big time college sports and ethical coaching is what you focus on, you are in the vast minority. i thought everyone knew it was big business and 90% of all big time programs are crooked. i guess you missed that memo. every other big coach goes after the same players he does and they would treat them the same way, " don't kill anyone, you might miss a game". it is all about winning. think of all the scandals and sanctions there have been around the country. you just hate Cap because he still keeps winning. to portray him as more crooked than most coaches is laughable. you have an 8th graders view of how moral everyone is. wake up.

your way off base when you say 90% of major programs do what he does....yes they all recruit the blue chip athletes and even the Juco's but most of them offer an education first and that's why you look at the graduation rate at most other school's to his and your going to see a major difference...you missed the MEMO bud not me they are college athletes not a PRO farm system like he does and if you think them boys are there and not being taken care of LOL your the one that's missing the boat....you know as well as I do they all want to play professionally but they all aren't...but if the NBA wouldn't have put that rule in he would have a hard time playing even in the CBI Tourney....Loser!@#0

Tokens
your way off base when you say 90% of major programs do what he does....yes they all recruit the blue chip athletes and even the Juco's but most of them offer an education first and that's why you look at the graduation rate at most other school's to his and your going to see a major difference...you missed the MEMO bud not me they are college athletes not a PRO farm system like he does and if you think them boys are there and not being taken care of LOL your the one that's missing the boat....you know as well as I do they all want to play professionally but they all aren't...but if the NBA wouldn't have put that rule in he would have a hard time playing even in the CBI Tourney....Loser!@#0

you are delusional. even smaller D1 schools face NCAA sanctions all the time. bigger schools are always under investigation, what cave do you live in????? a degree in sports communications doesn't really pay the bills. most blue chippers are not students. do you ever listen to them speak??? allen iverson and patrick ewing both have degrees from georgetown. that proves my point beyond a shadow of a doubt. georgetown is a prestigious university. neither of those 2 can even speak english. get it?????? i'm done with you. you have no clue what you are talking about.

Tokens
don't worry or cry it56 your hero that can't coach will go get another 6 freshman that he can pay to come and play 1 year and leave and he will be back again next year.......HAHAHAHA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoryzone
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com