2017 Recruiting Update

Search

Tokens
Former LSU quarterback Anthony Jennings is trying to transfer to La-Lafayette if he can
complete his degree from LSU this summer. Jennings started 12 games in 2014 before
losing the starting job to Brandon Harris. Jennings played in 24 games and started 14
while at LSU.

He would be a good pickup for ULL...............

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
good article ranking blue chip recruits, by state

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california

top 10:
State'17'16'15'14'13TotalPercentage of total
Florida454750424623014.0%
Texas435247374622513.7%
California364544344120012.2%
Georgia33263423251418.6%
Ohio1512171519784.8%
Louisiana1221131612744.5%
Alabama148121113583.5%
Virginia146131013563.4%
North Carolina7159137513.1%
Tennessee981179442.7%

Tokens
Ninth grade quarterback from Hawaii is offered a scholarship by Michigan. Sol-Jay
Maiava got the offer after attending a satellite camp in Hawaii.

Quarterback Connor Mitch who transferred from South Carolina has landed at James
Madison University.

Tokens
BAYLOR gives release to 11th player of the 2016 class. Defensive end Brandon Bowen is
the number eleven signee from Baylor's nationally ranked recruiting class to leave the school
since coach Art Briles was fired.
At least three federal Title IX lawsuits have been filed against the school by eight women, and
a complaint about school officials' handling of sexual assault cases has been made to the U.S.
Department of Education.

Tokens
[FONT=&quot]Georgia received some good news on Tuesday morning when five-star DE Robert Beal committed to the Bulldogs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a 247Sports article, Beal said he’s excited to have his college decision made:[/FONT]
“It feels great to be a Dawg,” Beal said. “I can finally breathe and focus on my senior season and my future in Athens.”
[FONT=&quot]Beal said he felt at home with Kirby Smart and the Georgia coaching staff and is eager to be a part of something big:[/FONT]
“I finished making my decision last week,” Beal said. “I figured out the University of Georgia was the right place for me. It is where I want to be. My last visit, about two weeks ago, I knew that’s where I want to be. That is when I found a home. Georgia has a lot of special things going on right now. I want to be a part of that.”

Tokens
Georgia picked up a commitment from four-star Florida cornerback Latavious Brini.
Brini is only the second out of state recruit in Georgia's 2017 recruiting class. The
Bulldogs now have ten 4star or 5star commitments. Only Alabama and Ohio State
have more than the Dawgs.

Smart and staff are doing one hell of a job with in-state talent.

Tokens
Michigan picks up a commitment from the #10 offensive tackle, #61 player overall out of south florida Kai-Leon Herbert. The other OT on his team (Tedarrell Slaton) is also a highly ranked kid that some sites have as a 5 star and it looks like it may be a Michigan and Clemson battle for that kid. Allthough he will probably be a guard in college.

Tokens
Under Armour All-American wide receiver Tee Higgins has committed to the Clemson
Tigers. He is considered the No. 3 receiver prospect in the nation and No. 23 overall
prospect in the country.

Kelly Mond, the nation's No. 2 dual-threat quarterback has committed to Texas A%M.
Mond picked the Aggies over Auburn. He was originally committed to Baylor.

Tokens
Just a few days after committing to AUBURN, Brandon Martin, the nation's No. 1
rated JUCO wide receiver has de-committed according to reports Wednesday. He
seems to be leaning toward Mississippi State at this time.

Tokens
bama commit won the elite 11 mvp ....

BEAVERTON, Ore. – The class of 2017 has graduated from The Opening and the quarterbacks have gone through the trials of the Elite 11. It's time to evaluate their performance.
This is how 247Sports ranks the 12 quarterbacks at the Elite 11 based strictly on their performances this week and what we were able to see with our own eyes. Significantly more weight was given to 7on7 play than anything that happened on air over the first few days of work.

1. Alabama commit Tua Tagovailoa - I want this guy on my team. He had the steadiest hand of any quarterback I've ever seen at The Opening. And watching him throw the football was like watching an artist go to work. He led a last second comeback for a win early in the day on Sunday with the calm of a guy flipping a coin. He had the same demeanor in his team's blowout championship win. The kid is a winner.
  2. Stanford commit Davis Mills - By Sunday afternoon, Mills looked like the top quarterback in the country. He's got all the tools to be ranked that way - size, arm, smarts. After a slow start, Mills hit his stride and looked like a thoroughbred by Sunday afternoon.
  3. Georgia commit Jake Fromm - He was by far the best quarterback on Saturday. Sunday he couldn't ever find the end zone but he still showed the touch, accuracy on the short and intermediate stuff and command of the offense to keep a lofty spot on this list. When he was clicking on Saturday, his team was the best team at the event.
  4. Syracuse commit Tommy DeVito - This is Dino Babers' next star pupil at quarterback.The kid has a hose and he's poised to break some records at Syracuse. He scored touchdowns on half of his drives under center and that was the best percentage of any quarterback at the event.
  5. Michigan commit Dylan McCaffrey - He looks like a pro on the field. Not in terms of his size or physical traits, not even his technique. The way he processes what's in front of him is elite though. He has a glaring technical flaw that he needs to clean up but when that happens, he's going to be special for Jim Harbaugh.
  6. LSU commit Myles Brennan - Brennan was on the same team as McCaffrey and the two had almost identical weekends. There were some moments on Sunday when Brennan looked like he was the best quarterback at the event. Other times his play dipped. When he eliminates those dips, LSU is going to have their answer at quarterback.
  7. Oklahoma commit Chris Robison - Robison took the back seat to Tua Tagovailoa through much of the weekend, but when he got his opportunities, he was very solid. A dropped touchdown on Sunday's first game would have helped his stat line but by the weekend's end, he was the only quarterback that didn't throw a single interception.
  8. Uncommitted Jack Sears - He's as good at the big throw as anybody in the Elite 11. Big, strong and athletic, Sears can really rip it and he was very productive too. By our count he scored on seven of his 15 drives under center. Had he been able to find a little bit more consistency, he has the physical tools to have been ranked even higher. Duke, USC, UCLA and Utah are his top schools.
  9. Texas commit Sam Ehlinger - It was a quiet weekend for Ehlinger but when he was under center, I always felt like the offense was in good hands. Ehlinger doesn't make any throws that drop your jaw but he always makes the right throws. We tallied him with seven touchdowns on 22 drives with only two interceptions.
  10. Ohio State commit Tate Martell - There were times early on Saturday that Martell looked like he was really clicking but he trailed off some late Saturday. Sunday things went downhill and he wasn't able to find the end zone. We counted three touchdowns on 11 drives for Martell with two interceptions. He just never got enough snaps to find his rhythm on Sunday.
  11. Penn State commit Sean Clifford - He ended Saturday night as one of the hottest quarterbacks at the event. There were moments that he flashed that same hot hand on Sunday. Unfortunately, his mistakes were big. Despite two touchdowns on Sunday, he also threw two pick-sixes that ultimately put a nail in his team's coffin.
  12. Clemson commit Hunter Johnson - It just wasn't Johnson's weekend. More specifically it just wasn't Johnson's day on Saturday. On Sunday, he scored a touchdown on the only drive under center before his team was eliminated from play. Had he been able to steal another game under center, he may have heated up and had a run similar to what Shea Pattersonmade last year. Instead, Johnson was forced to stand on a rough Saturday outing.

Tokens
Arkansas St. has the best 5 year recruiting rank in the Sunbelt, and is going to be really good on the O/D Lines. They aren't going to be a waltz for Auburn, who has ASU sandwiched between Clemson and Texas A&M...They are the kind of team who can ruin your season if you're not careful...

Tokens
ESPN's No. 1 prospect, offensive lineman Trey Smith has narrowed his list
down to six schools. Alabama, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Tennessee, Clemson
and Notre Dame. The 6-foot-6, 300 pound 5-star from Jackson, Tennessee,
said he would take all five of his official visits and make a decision by mid-
December.

Great fit for the Tide at LT with Cam Robinson heading for the pros...Just
thinking out loud friends.....................

Tokens
ESPN's No. 1 prospect, offensive lineman Trey Smith has narrowed his list
down to six schools. Alabama, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Tennessee, Clemson
and Notre Dame. The 6-foot-6, 300 pound 5-star from Jackson, Tennessee,
said he would take all five of his official visits and make a decision by mid-
December.

Great fit for the Tide at LT with Cam Robinson heading for the pros...Just
thinking out loud friends.....................
2017 Bama class will be right there with 2003 USC as the greatest recruiting class since the scholarship limits.

On offensive line Alex Leatherwood will be a 5-star on next update and will also sign the only 5-star JUCO olineman, Eliot Baker, and have a great shost at either 5-star Trey Smith or Isaiah Wilson

have to keep USC's paws off of #1 RB, Najee Harris and QB Tua who just won the Elite 11 MVP award (so his 5th star can't be far away)

also trending big time for top CB, 5-star Wade, who is OSU commit but will likely choose b/w Bama and Florida

Not to mention top player in country, Marvin Wilson, is starting to give us a big look though probably doing LSU or Texas in the end.

will be Saban's greatest recruiting class...

Tokens
Don't sleep on the Buffs, 3 players in the ESPN 300 while in the cellar of the Pac12?!
New facilities are turning this thing around.
[h=2]Colorado Buffaloes[/h][h=3]PAC-12 CONFERENCE[/h]
Other Schools: Select OneAir Force Akron Alabama American Appalachian State Arizona Arizona State Arkansas Arkansas State Army Auburn Ball State Baylor Boise State Boston College Bowling Green Buffalo BYU California Central Michigan Charlotte Cincinnati Clemson Colorado Colorado State Connecticut Duke EAST East Carolina Eastern Michigan Florida Florida Atlantic Florida Intl Florida State Fresno State Georgia Georgia Southern Georgia State Georgia Tech Hawaii Houston Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Iowa State Kansas Kansas State Kent State Kentucky Louisiana Lafayette Louisiana Monroe Louisiana Tech Louisville LSU Marshall Maryland Massachusetts Memphis Miami Miami (OH) Michigan Michigan State Middle Tennessee Minnesota Mississippi State Missouri National Navy NC State Nebraska Nevada New Mexico New Mexico State NORTH North Carolina NORTH FLORIDA North Texas Northern Illinois Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio Ohio State Oklahoma Oklahoma State Old Dominion Ole Miss Oregon Oregon State Penn State Pittsburgh Purdue Rice Rutgers San Diego State San José State SMU SOUTH South Alabama South Carolina South Florida SOUTH FLORIDA Southern Mississippi Stanford Syracuse TCU Temple Tennessee Texas Texas A&M Texas San Antonio Texas State Texas Tech Toledo Troy Tulane Tulsa UAB UCF UCLA UNLV USC Utah Utah State UTEP Vanderbilt Virginia Virginia Tech Wake Forest Washington Washington State WEST West Virginia Western Kentucky Western Michigan Wisconsin Wyoming -- Div I-AA --Abilene Christian Alabama A&M Alabama State Albany Alcorn State Arkansas-Pine Bluff Austin Peay Bethune-Cookman Brown Bryant Bucknell Butler Cal Poly Campbell Central Arkansas Central Connecticut Charleston Southern Chattanooga Coastal Carolina Colgate Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Davidson Dayton Delaware Delaware State Drake Duquesne East Tenn. St. Eastern Illinois Eastern Kentucky Eastern Washington Elon Florida A&M Fordham Furman Gardner-Webb Georgetown Grambling State Hampton Harvard Holy Cross Houston Baptist Howard Idaho State Illinois State Incarnate Word Indiana State Jackson State Jacksonville Jacksonville State James Madison Kennesaw State Lafayette Lamar Lehigh Liberty Maine Marist McNeese State Mercer Mississippi Valley State Missouri State Monmouth Montana Montana State Morehead State Morgan State Murray State New Hampshire Nicholls State Norfolk State North Carolina A&T North Carolina Central North Dakota North Dakota State Northern Arizona Northern Colorado Northern Iowa Northwestern State Penn Portland State Prairie View Presbyterian College Princeton Rhode Island Richmond Robert Morris Sacramento State Sacred Heart Sam Houston State Samford San Diego Savannah State South Carolina State South Dakota South Dakota State Southeast Missouri State Southeastern Louisiana Southern Southern Illinois Southern Utah St Francis (PA) Stephen F Austin Stetson Stony Brook Tennessee State Tennessee Tech Tennessee-Martin Texas Southern The Citadel Towson UC Davis Valparaiso Villanova VMI Wagner Weber State Western Carolina Western Illinois William & Mary Wofford Yale Youngstown State

[h=4]2017 PLAYER COMMITS[/h]
COMMITSESPN 300 COMMITSOTHER COMMITS

[h=4]RECRUITING CLASS: 2018201720162015201420132012201120102009200820072006[/h]

PLAYERPOSLOCATIONHTWTSTARSGRADESCHOOL
Jon Van Diest
Video | Scouts Report

#15 OLBEnglewood, CO
Cherry Creek High School
6'1''234
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
02/28/2016

Grant Polley
Video | Scouts Report

#18 OGDenton, TX
Denton High School
6'4''270
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
07/11/2016

Tyler Lytle
Video | Scouts Report

#14 QB-PPAnaheim, CA
Servite High School
6'5''199
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/21/2016

Maurice Bell
Video | Scouts Report

#61 WRMurrieta, CA
Murrieta Valley High School
5'11''171
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/27/2016

Laviska Shenault Jr.
Video | Scouts Report

#93 WRDeSoto, TX
DeSoto High School
6'1''203
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
04/21/2016

Jaylon Jackson
Video | Scouts Report

#127 WRCedar Hill, TX
Cedar Hill High School
5'10''171
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
04/02/2016

Dante Sparaco
Video | Scouts Report

ATHBradenton, FL
IMG Academy
6'4''257
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
02/28/2016

Chris Miller
Video | Scouts Report

CBDenton, TX
Denton High School
5'11''173
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/22/2016

Isaiah Lewis
Video | Scouts Report

SGranite Bay, CA
Granite Bay High School
6'0''197
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
07/02/2016

Hunter Vaughn
Video | Scouts Report

OG (LQ)Parker, CO
Legend High School
6'7''256
LQ
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
11/16/2015

Chase Newman
Video | Scouts Report

OLBLa Mirada, CA
La Mirada High School
6'2''210
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/20/2016

Alex Fontenot
Video | Scouts Report

RBRichmond, TX
George Ranch High School
6'0''185
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/14/2016

Sebastian Olver
Video | Scouts Report

TE-YSan Diego, CA
Marian Catholic High School
6'4''245
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/28/2016

Heston Paige
Video | Scouts Report

OGHighlands Ranch, CO
ThunderRidge High School
6'4''255
NR
i
COLORADO
COMMITTED
06/24/2016

Tokens
[h=1]Ohio State, Alabama poaching elite 2017 West recruits[/h]Jul 20, 2016
  • i
    Erik McKinneyESPN Staff Writer

ESPN 300 prospects in the West region are committing to programs outside the Pac-12 at a prodigious rate. Already, 10 of the 28 committed ESPN 300 prospects in the 2017 class from the area are committed to non-Pac-12 programs. Who are the players who should be suiting up for Pac-12 programs but look likely to leave the region? Here are five the Pac-12 is slated to miss out on, plus five more uncommitted recruits that could join them.
5 West region prospects committed elsewhere
1. Najee Harris (No. 4 in ESPN 300, No. 1 overall RB; committed to Alabama)
The nation’s top-ranked skill position player from Antioch HS in California committed early to Alabama. It appeared as though Harris was likely to eventually flip to a program closer to home, but that sentiment is not as strong as it once was. The Crimson Tide have signed a top-five West region prospect in each of the past two classes, so adding Harris in 2017 would be nothing new. From the Pac-12, UCLA and USC continue to be involved, while Cal could be a program to watch as the hometown option.

Najee Harris, out of Antioch HS in California, is the No. 4 player in the 2017 class and has committed to Alabama. Miller Safrit/ESPN2. Wyatt Davis (No. 35 in ESPN 300, No. 8 overall OT; committed to Ohio State)
Davis, the region’s No. 6 prospect out of St. John Bosco HS in California, was also looking hard at Alabama. Davis said he’s always envisioned going out of state for college, so it could be difficult for Pac-12 programs to get back into the mix.
3. Tate Martell (No. 72 in ESPN 300, No. 3 D-T QB; committed to Ohio State)
Martell, out of Bishop Gorman HS in Las Vegas, originally committed to Washington, then pledged to Texas A&M before settling on Ohio State. Cal and USC chased Martell, who was interested in Oregon but never received an offer. He's the top quarterback in the West.
4. Tua Tagovailoa (No. 99 in ESPN 300, No. 6 D-T QB; committed to Alabama)
Tagovailoa, out of Saint Louis HS in Honolulu, was pursued heavily by a number of Pac-12 programs and committed to Alabama over USC. Since then, Oregon has also offered and it’s unlikely that the Ducks or Trojans will give up their pursuit of the nation’s No. 99 prospect. He would be the third highly-ranked quarterback from the West to sign with Alabama in the past five years, joining Utah’s Cooper Bateman in 2013 and California’s Blake Barnett in 2015.
5. Haskell Garrett (No. 112 in ESPN 300, No. 10 overall DT; committed to Ohio State)
Garrett is the third elite West region prospect headed to Ohio State, and the nation’s No. 112 overall prospect was pursued heavily by a number of Pac-12 programs, including Oregon, UCLA and USC.
5 uncommitted prospects who could be leaving the West
1. Joseph Lewis (No. 15 in ESPN 300, No. 2 overall WR)
Lewis has a number of Pac-12 options and the two hometown Los Angeles programs will likely be strong contenders, but Lewis said he will visit are Nebraska and Oklahoma. Both schools have found tremendous success recruiting California in recent years and will be in play for the nation’s No. 2 wide receiver.
2. D.J. Johnson (No. 30 in ESPN 300, No. 3 overall DE)
Johnson, out of Sacramento, is still wide open in his recruitment and hasn’t cut his list down much yet. The Pac-12 has a good shot to keep him home, but Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M have all offered.
3. Darnay Holmes (No. 39 in ESPN 300, No. 5 CB)
It would be a slight surprise if the Los Angeles product doesn’t wind up at UCLA, but Alabama, Nebraska and Ohio State are all still options. The Cornhuskers have a shot thanks to fellow ESPN 300 teammates Keyshawn Johnson Jr. and Tristan Gebbia -- both already Nebraska commitments.
4. Tyjon Lindsey (No. 77 in ESPN 300, No. 11 overall WR)
Lindsey is another West region receiver (Corona, Calif.) with legitimate interest in Nebraska, though Ohio State -- with a recruiting charge led by good friend Tate Martell -- could be tough to beat. Oregon and USC, among others, will make a push from the Pac-12.
5. Jay Tufele (No. 86 in ESPN 300, No. 8 overall DT)
Pac-12 programs Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah and Washington are making hard charges for Tufele, but the nation’s No. 86 prospect said the only official visit he knows he is taking for certain is one to Michigan. Ohio State -- surprise, surprise -- is another program on Tufele’s short list.

Tokens
I understand why ESPN chose to single out only Alabama and Ohio State. Even though Nebraska also has 2 Cali kids committed in the ESPN top 300, from a national perspective NU is a has-been. But look further down the list and NU is also in the fight on 4 of the 5 uncommitted. Joseph Lewis is taking his 2nd unofficial to NU this next Monday with his coaches. Tyjon Lindsey and Darnay Holmes, with connections to already committed Gebbia and K. Johnson Jr have them sitting good (the real jewel though is 2018 Bookie Radley-Hiles....Alabama fans got a taste of him just recently). I read a pretty good article (Nebraska angled, but still relevant nationally) The Center of the Recruiting Universe that makes a good argument why teams (especially NU and OU) should go into California much more. Lots of graphs and such in the article.

Tokens
Alabama lands No. 1 JUCO cornerback for 2017

Four-star CB Jhavonte Dean has told Alabama coach Nick Saban he’s ready to join the Crimson Tide in 2017, according to 247Sports.com.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound brings some serious speed to the Alabama secondary, having been clocked with a 40-yard dash time of 4.3 seconds. Dean notched 18 tackles and 12 pass breakups in his freshman season at Blinn College in Brenham, Texas.

Among junior college prospects in the 2017 class, Dean is the No. 8 overall player, the No. 1 cornerback and the No. 1 recruit from the state of Florida. Dean is the only cornerback prospect committed to the Tide in the year’s recruiting cycle. The lack of fellow cornerbacks in the group underscores his overall importance for a program that's one of the elite in the country largely because of its defensive prowess.
At Alabama, Dean will have two seasons of remaining eligibility.

Tokens
Auburn lands Tray Bishop the No. 3 rated athlete in the country. Tray said yesterday
he will join the Tigers. He had seven other SEC school offers. He can play any number
of positions but will probably land on the offensive side of the ball.

Tokens
Auburn lands Tray Bishop the No. 3 rated athlete in the country. Tray said yesterday
he will join the Tigers. He had seven other SEC school offers. He can play any number
of positions but will probably land on the offensive side of the ball.

AU recruited Bishop to play QB. His other two finalist - Ga and Fla - offered him as a defensive back.

I don't believe he has the QB skills to play QB in the SEC, but Malzahn is desperate and hell bent to sign a DTQB in this class. Bishop was about the only option left after striking out on everyone else.

The kid really likes Ga. If he feels he can't play QB don't be surprised if he ends up signing with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeucon22081990
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com