~Philly~ I feel that they are being extremely undervalued.

Search

Tokens
Has 9ers faced a running attack as diverse as Eagles? Let's look at their schedule:

Lost to Bears G1...running QB, 11 rushes 28 yard (Lance at QB for 9ers)

Week 3 Lost to Russell Wilson; Russ 6 carries 17 yards (Garop at QB)

Week 6 Lost to Marriota, 6 carries 50 yards (Garop QB)

Week 7 Lost to Mahomes 44-23, no rushing stats for or needed by Mahomes (Garop & Purdy QBs)...KC 112 yards rushing team

Week 17 WIN vs Vegas; Stidham rushes 7/34yds in a thrilling and arguably Vegas should have won...37-34 9ers win

Cowboys never used Dak as a threat to run (4/22yds) where week before he was 7/24 w/ a TD...

All that being said, I don't think 9ers have shown a good Def plan to stop the QB who becomes an X factor...and Philly has by far this years BIGGEST X factor....

Hurts completely negates 9ers Rushing D and the score will reflect that...IMHO. While other side is Purdy won't, as shown vs Boys, be much of a factor other than managing and trying not to turn ball over...IF Eagles have a better D than BOYS...do the 9ers even get a TD??? Remember, a flucky broken play to Kittle was the POD giving 9ers a TD in game...on top of a bad holding penalty that was unneeded on the sack of Purdy but hold on Kittle...
Not sure I’d look to deep into certain games concerning Niners D vs rush etc

Bears game week one in a monsoon. Wasn’t so much the D as to why they lost

Broncos the D was fine lost 11-10. Denver offense not great anyway

Falcons lost in Atlanta and go back and look at how depleted that team was. Wasn’t much a shock they lost as Niners had a bunch guys out

All in all SF D is just really good. Lots depth and talent levels 1 and 2. Probably the best LB core in the league.

Eagles D is really good also. Solid Level 1 and 2 but thin at LB. secondary overall bit better than SF imo

End of the day it’s two really good D. Niners show way more crazy looks. That can be good or bad.

OL are about equal maybe philly slightly better. RB Niners have more versatility and quality by a tiny bit. QB Phil has Hurts who can be spotty on passing but does carry some big games experience etc. But Purdy isn’t in an offense he is asked to do much and is a pretty cool n calm player. WR and Te both teams have great pieces about equal. Brown n Debo, Kit n Dallas, Ayuik Jenn n Smith.

Really well matched teams up n down all positions. Should be great game.

Tokens
Not sure I’d look to deep into certain games concerning Niners D vs rush etc

Bears game week one in a monsoon. Wasn’t so much the D as to why they lost

Broncos the D was fine lost 11-10. Denver offense not great anyway

Falcons lost in Atlanta and go back and look at how depleted that team was. Wasn’t much a shock they lost as Niners had a bunch guys out

All in all SF D is just really good. Lots depth and talent levels 1 and 2. Probably the best LB core in the league.

Eagles D is really good also. Solid Level 1 and 2 but thin at LB. secondary overall bit better than SF imo

End of the day it’s two really good D. Niners show way more crazy looks. That can be good or bad.

OL are about equal maybe philly slightly better. RB Niners have more versatility and quality by a tiny bit. QB Phil has Hurts who can be spotty on passing but does carry some big games experience etc. But Purdy isn’t in an offense he is asked to do much and is a pretty cool n calm player. WR and Te both teams have great pieces about equal. Brown n Debo, Kit n Dallas, Ayuik Jenn n Smith.

Really well matched teams up n down all positions. Should be great game.
Completely forgot against Atlanta Niners had like half their starters out

Then again early result not that meaningful anyway

Think the talent gap in LB is huge in this game. Niners LB's can really fly, super quick. They are as equipped to handle Hurts as anyone.

On the flip side, if Deebo and McCaffery get to that second level, could be a lot of trouble.

Philly's secondary is good at covering, but they can't physically handle those guys in space

Handicapper
Tokens
Disagree.

Dallas played a heck of a game, but Niners started to wear them down late in it

I think they'll be more effective against Philly.
I disagree.
Dallas played one of the worst games. DaK INT Prescott blew the game with ints.

Cowboys weren't worn down -they were simply self-destructive offensively.
If they were won down they would have allowed far more yardage and more scoring. 9ers were held to near season lows/...

SF offense was NOT good and Philly has the best defense of both teams(Dallas) and with SF going away will also face the best pass defense in the league at 180 yds per game.
Cowboys already showed how to stop SF by holding them to 19 pts in their own park. The Eagles at home are simply too good.

Even though you feel the way you said, i dont think you will bet on SF...
BOL this week.

Tokens
I disagree.
Dallas played one of the worst games. DaK INT Prescott blew the game with ints.

Cowboys weren't worn down -they were simply self-destructive offensively.
If they were won down they would have allowed far more yardage and more scoring. 9ers were held to near season lows/...

SF offense was NOT good and Philly has the best defense of both teams(Dallas) and with SF going away will also face the best pass defense in the league at 180 yds per game.
Cowboys already showed how to stop SF by holding them to 19 pts in their own park. The Eagles at home are simply too good.

Even though you feel the way you said, i dont think you will bet on SF...
BOL this week.
Philly pass defense won’t matter much though if they can’t stop Niners running game which I think it how it plays out

Niners ML for me

F me, F U
Tokens
What does their Week 1-7 results have anything to do with this game? Also how do those stats show they can't stop a running QB?

What about Weeks 8-16? Why leave those out?

Raiders game was bad, probably worst in this form of the Niners. I'll give you that one, but wasn't much about a mobile QB obviously.

49ers have the speed on the line and linebacking corp to keep a guy like Hurts in check, as much as you can. Hurts is good, but Niners will be ready for him

Maybe we should talk about how that Philly defense gave up 40 to the Cowboys late in the season, and 49ers just gave up 12....why no mention of that? Seems a lot more relevant than a Week 1 game in Chicago
My point obviously wasn't clear enough...

ALL those QBs have mobility, above avg...or very or as stated they did enough to be a factor...NOTICE too most were Ls

Sorry you don't agree that running QBs give 9ers the most trouble...it's an X FACTOR or put better, an extra player they DID NOT account for very well...

Reason I didn't include all their Ws in mid to late season is because NONE of those QBs are or ever been mistaken for QBs like HURTS...the MVP arguably...or MAHOMES and look what he/KC did to 9ers...

I think it's a fair apples to apples comparison as to how that type of QB does vs 9ers...did I mention Hurts probably the BEST in NFL this year w/ the RPO type offenses??? That 9ers failed misserably against vs far inferior type runnings QBS....but GOOD luck if you don't see it as I do.

Tokens
My point obviously wasn't clear enough...

ALL those QBs have mobility, above avg...or very or as stated they did enough to be a factor...NOTICE too most were Ls

Sorry you don't agree that running QBs give 9ers the most trouble...it's an X FACTOR or put better, an extra player they DID NOT account for very well...

Reason I didn't include all their Ws in mid to late season is because NONE of those QBs are or ever been mistaken for QBs like HURTS...the MVP arguably...or MAHOMES and look what he/KC did to 9ers...

I think it's a fair apples to apples comparison as to how that type of QB does vs 9ers...did I mention Hurts probably the BEST in NFL this year w/ the RPO type offenses??? That 9ers failed misserably against vs far inferior type runnings QBS....but GOOD luck if you don't see it as I do.
….but nothing you showed proved they struggled against running QB’s though.

49ers defense was excellent against Fields and Wilson in those two losses . They lost those games because of their offense which is obviously different now

They were playing mostly backups against the Falcons but even then Mariota didn’t exactly dominate them. They weren’t 100% against Chiefs either team though obviously that was the low point of the year

Tokens
SF had won 12,in a row very hard to do in nfl -if they can limit hurts then anything possible - very hard to throw on then gave up the least points per game -like 16 Philly d gave up 20 per

F me, F U
Tokens
….but nothing you showed proved they struggled against running QB’s though.

49ers defense was excellent against Fields and Wilson in those two losses . They lost those games because of their offense which is obviously different now

They were playing mostly backups against the Falcons but even then Mariota didn’t exactly dominate them. They weren’t 100% against Chiefs either team though obviously that was the low point of the year
I guess you can make up every excuse in the world yet all these teams that they lost to have RUNNING type QBs and did enough or created enough issues that they ultimately LOST TOO...a LOSE is a LOSE and to say in NFL where they are all PROS tells me you discounted Cincy cuz they had Back Ups on their OLine? Cuz as you say they are diff now than before...

I don't buy it and we disagree...their worst games Defensively were against Running type QBs...not the non running QBs...oh and those games were almost ALL their losses.

IF Dak runs a little more and less a mistake or 2 we'd not even have this convo would we? But Dallas coaching too stupid to make him aa factor other than his arm...

I even watched replay today...the 1 successful run Dak had was on the 4th & 4 play late in 4th Q...more of that could have changed outcome but it is what it is.

We will see on Sunday how SF defends the RPO, the pass & the RUN...luckily Eagles don't have to worry at all about SF QB as Dallas didn't...and how many TDs did SF get on a far inferior Defense in Boys? 1 TD

So I feel like I did prove my point...running QBs are NO GOOD for 9ers D given they are 0-4 versus Fields, Wilson, Marriota, Mahomes...just saying each of those QBs equates to running QBs...some more than others

Again, BOL whatever side you take.

Tokens
I was just playing a little devils advocate vv both points valid bol

Tokens
I guess you can make up every excuse in the world yet all these teams that they lost to have RUNNING type QBs and did enough or created enough issues that they ultimately LOST TOO...a LOSE is a LOSE and to say in NFL where they are all PROS tells me you discounted Cincy cuz they had Back Ups on their OLine? Cuz as you say they are diff now than before...

I don't buy it and we disagree...their worst games Defensively were against Running type QBs...not the non running QBs...oh and those games were almost ALL their losses.

IF Dak runs a little more and less a mistake or 2 we'd not even have this convo would we? But Dallas coaching too stupid to make him aa factor other than his arm...

I even watched replay today...the 1 successful run Dak had was on the 4th & 4 play late in 4th Q...more of that could have changed outcome but it is what it is.

We will see on Sunday how SF defends the RPO, the pass & the RUN...luckily Eagles don't have to worry at all about SF QB as Dallas didn't...and how many TDs did SF get on a far inferior Defense in Boys? 1 TD

So I feel like I did prove my point...running QBs are NO GOOD for 9ers D given they are 0-4 versus Fields, Wilson, Marriota, Mahomes...just saying each of those QBs equates to running QBs...some more than others

How were their worst games defensively against the running QB's?

That's just objectively false. You think their defense was bad against Fields and Wilson?

Their worst games were against Mahomes and Stidham, one game they won

Just objectively bad analysis, sorry.

Good luck to you too

Tokens

Guess if we are going that route then vs running qb like mahommes and Wilson we may as well put geno Smith and midget Murray and dak in there. So Niners are 5-4 vs those type teams.

And vs Dallas only scoring 19 I’d imagine they score 24 or 27 or 31 if Dallas scored more. It’s the nfl and what teams do now in more conservative coaching. Not to mention maybe good coaching with Purdy in there. Possibly limiting any unnecessary mistakes while holding a lead much of the game

The great Dallas D gave up 24 to Texans. Barely beat a titans team with QB off street that also rested half its players. Gave up 24 to Sam Howell. All late in the year.

Niners are capable of a shootout. Just like Dallas or Philadelphia. The points scored by teams or given up can be misleading. Did offense turn it over on own 20? D score td? Punt return into own territory? Was team A not moving ball well so Team B played more conservative or slow due to that fact? Did Team B need to score 34? Or was 19 enough?

End of the day you have two very similar teams and rosters. Both good in about all the same areas very similar. Coaching is pretty close also. Style and scheme etc.

So if your argument is Niners D is 0-4 vs running QB and not considering SF lost 11-10 to Wilson had nothing to do with the D. The offense gave em 2 points and a extra possession. Mahommes took em to woodshed and doesn’t matter what QB got hurt or all the turnovers. Bears was week 1 on the road in a monsoon and again it was more the offense due to loss if anything rain or not. Atlanta they played nobody due to injuries etc.

So circumstance or not if looking at the running QB they are 0-4 no matter if the teams scored 9-10 points but SF lost, then 3 wins vs Seattle 1 vs Arizona and 1 vs Dallas count because if we really consider mahommes and marriota and Wilson running QB Geno Murray and Dak are also.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a 16-13 game or a 34-31. Game flow will determine everything. I’m not betting either side fwiw but the arguments seem bit misleading imo

Tokens
Guess if we are going that route then vs running qb like mahommes and Wilson we may as well put geno Smith and midget Murray and dak in there. So Niners are 5-4 vs those type teams.

And vs Dallas only scoring 19 I’d imagine they score 24 or 27 or 31 if Dallas scored more. It’s the nfl and what teams do now in more conservative coaching. Not to mention maybe good coaching with Purdy in there. Possibly limiting any unnecessary mistakes while holding a lead much of the game

The great Dallas D gave up 24 to Texans. Barely beat a titans team with QB off street that also rested half its players. Gave up 24 to Sam Howell. All late in the year.

Niners are capable of a shootout. Just like Dallas or Philadelphia. The points scored by teams or given up can be misleading. Did offense turn it over on own 20? D score td? Punt return into own territory? Was team A not moving ball well so Team B played more conservative or slow due to that fact? Did Team B need to score 34? Or was 19 enough?

End of the day you have two very similar teams and rosters. Both good in about all the same areas very similar. Coaching is pretty close also. Style and scheme etc.

So if your argument is Niners D is 0-4 vs running QB and not considering SF lost 11-10 to Wilson had nothing to do with the D. The offense gave em 2 points and a extra possession. Mahommes took em to woodshed and doesn’t matter what QB got hurt or all the turnovers. Bears was week 1 on the road in a monsoon and again it was more the offense due to loss if anything rain or not. Atlanta they played nobody due to injuries etc.

So circumstance or not if looking at the running QB they are 0-4 no matter if the teams scored 9-10 points but SF lost, then 3 wins vs Seattle 1 vs Arizona and 1 vs Dallas count because if we really consider mahommes and marriota and Wilson running QB Geno Murray and Dak are also.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a 16-13 game or a 34-31. Game flow will determine everything. I’m not betting either side fwiw but the arguments seem bit misleading imo

I can't imagine how someone looks at that SF/DEN game and says , "Yeah the 49ers really struggled with a mobile QB there"

Good god

Handicapper
Tokens
SF had won 12,in a row very hard to do in nfl -if they can limit hurts then anything possible - very hard to throw on then gave up the least points per game -like 16 Philly d gave up 20 per
Seattle, Rams and Arizona wern't very good...helping SF to a 6-0 division record.
Take away the 4 games with AZ, and Rams and the SF stats change.
Most of the teams vs SF were bottom dwellers in their divisions. or near the bottom.
They played the Bears, Saints, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina and the Raiders just to name 6 out of division opponents.
They played ONE Division winner...KC and were slaughtered.
Seeing that schedule, then winning 12 in a row, isn't all that difficult.
Philly had some easy teams as well but the 6 division games (containing 3 playoff teams) were better than SF division.

Last edited:

Biz

Handicapper
Tokens
Monsoon and Lance at QB. Chicago was inept all day on offense
Denver scored 9 offensive points
Half the defense didn't play
Mahomes had zero rushes

Not sure any point was made

Biz

Handicapper
Tokens
Seattle, Rams and Arizona went very good...helping SF to a 6-0 division record.
Take away the 4 games with AZ, and Rams and the SF stats change.
Most of the teams vs SF were bottom dwellers in their divisions. or near the bottom.
They played the Bears, Saints, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina and the Raiders just to name 6 out of division opponents.
They played ONE Division winner...KC and were slaughtered.
Seeing that schedule, then winning 12 in a row, isn't all that difficult.
Philly had some easy teams as well but the 6 division games (containing 3 playoff teams) were better than SF division.
So stomping TB, whipping Wash and Miami.........those don't count?

Handicapper
Tokens
So stomping TB, whipping Wash and Miami.........those don't count?
If this doesn't convince many and the reason to play Philly then - So be it.
The SF wins count, but those were all soft wins and ALL HOME games for SF
against teams with
• Wash - was a last place team and a negative scoring team with next to 3rd lowest offensive points @ 19pts per game.. League lowest was 17 by several teams.
• Miami had 4 huge turnovers IN SF. They were still close in total yardage. -42.
• Tampa was the ,lowest scoring team in the playoffs of ALL the teams @18pts per game!. They count, but have little to compete with.

• Last point that may be important.
9er's are 3-4 ATS in road games and 0-1 SU against Division winners. Thats what Philly is - a division winner.
Oh - and KC was a HOME game
for SF.
SF played only 2 true road gams in their last 11 .
In addition, they played 7 road games against 6 losing teams. Seattle was the only road game against a winning team.

Tokens
• Wash - was a last place team and a negative scoring team with next to 3rd lowest offensive points @ 19pts per game.. League lowest was 17 by several teams.
Why did Philly give up 32 and lose to them by double digits at home then?

It's getting into the weeds now, but point being you can go back and forth with the scores crap

Handicapper
Tokens
Why did Philly give up 32 and lose to them by double digits at home then?

It's getting into the weeds now, but point being you can go back and forth with the scores crap
One simple answer.
Washington converted 12 of 21 third downs against what had been a dominant defense all season. The Commanders ran 81 plays and held the ball for 40:24 of the 60 minutes. Philadelphia turned the ball over four times, one more than its total from the first eight games.
They still pulled up to a 21-23 score early in the 4th - but aWash FG and a fumble at their own 1 yd line in the end zone gave Washington the last TD.

Handicapper
Tokens
Philly pass defense won’t matter much though if they can’t stop Niners running game which I think it how it plays out

Niners ML for me
The best pass defense always matters. I wonder if you would feel that way if Cincy had that?

GL on the ML.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com