Nova frre pick .. Colorado Rockies at New York Mets (7/28/09)

Search

GoBucksGoOHIO

Colorado Rockies (-127) at New York Mets 7:05 pm EST
Pick: Rockies (-127 ML)

Units Risked: 4
Reason:
Last night the Brewers were hit with two grand slams by Willingham and that cost them big time, and it cost us. Tonight I am going to take my play to New York.
First off let me tell you that yes the Mets have put together a nice couple of games, but this team is going nowhere. They have no chance to come back and win the NL East. Their season is over, and frankly, their team and organization is in shambles.
The Rockies on the other hand are in the thick of things. New York will try to continue its hot hitting against Marquis (12-6, 3.49 ERA), who is tied with San Francisco's Matt Cain for the league lead in wins.
The right-hander was scheduled to start opposite Cain on Friday, but a blister on the middle finger of his pitching hand forced him to miss the matchup and the Rockies lost 3-1.
Pelfrey goes for the Mets, and he is coming into this game with an 8.02 ERA in his last four starts. He's lost back-to-back outings for the first time since dropping six straight from April 25-May 26, 2008.
Some trends tonight:

• Rockies are 4-0 in their last 4 games following a loss.
  • Rockies are 14-2 in their last 16 road games vs. a right-handed starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildrice29