Sports Betting Sign-Up Bonuses & Offers
The best online sportsbooks offer exciting sign-up bonuses to attract new customers by giving them extra funds. They include risk-free bets, deposit match offers and seasonal promotions linked to major sports events.
This guide highlights the most appealing first deposit bonuses from legal, regulated online sportsbooks offering free money for sports bettors. We will explain how to redeem the free bet credit at each site and describe how to complete the wagering requirements. Continue reading to discover the best sports betting sign-up bonuses.
Sports Betting Sites With The Best Sign-Up Bonuses
TheRX.com compiles various bonuses and promotions from every licensed online sports betting operator in the United States. We have reviewed dozens of sign-up offers, and our experts finally decided that these are the top 10 welcome bonuses available for sports fans today:
- Caesars Sportsbook – first bet insurance up to $1,250, plus 1,000 Reward Credits
- FanDuel Sportsbook – no-sweat first bet worth up to $1,000
- BetMGM – $1,000 risk-free first bet for new customers
- BetRivers – second chance free bet worth up to $500
- Betway – risk-free bet worth up to $250
- Bet365 – bet $1, get $200 bonus for new users
- Unibet – risk-free bets of varying sizes in each state
- WynnBET – bet $100, get $100 bonus in most states
- DRF Sportsbook – 100% deposit match bonus up to $300
- Sports Illustrated Sportsbook – bet $10, get $50 bonus for new customers
Best Sports Betting Sign-Up Bonuses
Caesars Sportsbook offers the largest sign-up bonuses in the country. The current welcome offer is named “Go Full Caesar.” It provides all new customers with first bet insurance of up to $1,250. If your first bet loses, you will get the money back as a free bet. This free bet has a 1x rollover requirement, and your winnings will then be eligible for withdrawal.
You will also get 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits when you sign up for a Caesars Sportsbook account. That makes it the best all-round welcome bonus on the market. There are lots of additional offers for Caesars customers too, including more than 50 daily odds boosts, profit boost tokens, free bets and a referral bonus worth $100.
Parent company Caesars Entertainment has been spending heavily on promotional credits since it got into the sports betting business. It bought William Hill for $4 billion in 2021 and converted the app to Caesars Sportsbook. The company is on a mission to turn it into one of the market leading sportsbooks in America, so it has launched very exciting promotions to appeal to new customers.
- Offers the largest sign-up bonus available
- Provides 1,000 loyalty points for all new customers
- More daily bet boosts than any other sportsbook
- Part of the Caesars Rewards loyalty program
- You cannot break the bonus funds up into smaller free bets
- Higher minimum deposit than competitors
FanDuel is the No. 1 sports betting brand in the United States. It has built up a dominant position in almost every state it operates in, thanks largely to its user-friendly app, quick withdrawals and large bonuses. The current sign-up offer is a no-sweat first bet of up to $1,000. You can create a FanDuel account and put on a bet worth at least $10 to qualify. If it loses, FanDuel will refund you with up to $1,000 in bonus credits.
The bonus credits have a 1x playthrough requirement. This sign-up bonus is more flexible than rival offers. You can decide to use your credits on one bet, or you can split them into as many smaller bets as you like. When the 1x rollover requirement has been satisfied, FanDuel allows you to cash out your winnings. You will then be able to redeem additional bonuses, take part in free-to-enter contests and check out daily bet boosts.
- No sweat first bet of up to $1,000
- Very simple and flexible wagering requirements
- Pays out within 2 hours
- Best mobile sports betting app in the country
- Caesars Sportsbook offers a larger sign-up bonus
- Does not have a loyalty program
BetMGM is one of the world’s best online sportsbooks. Industry giants MGM Resorts and Entain teamed up to launch the brand a few years ago. It is now the No. 1 online casino in America and one of the top three sportsbooks by market share. BetMGM offers some great features, including live streaming of NHL, NBA and MLB games, along with a bet editor, odds boosts, same game parlays, 24/7 customer service and early cashout.
The BetMGM sign-up bonus is a risk-free first bet of up to $1,000. It is similar to FanDuel’s welcome bonus. You can wager $10 or more on any game, and BetMGM will issue a 100% rebate of up to $1,000 if that bet loses. The rebate will be paid as one free bet if it is smaller than $50, or it will be split into five if it is larger. Each free bet must be rolled over once before you cash out. You will then join the MGM Rewards program, and you will also receive additional promos, such as free bets, boosts and a referral offer.
- Risk-free bet of up to $1,000
- No minimum odds requirements
- Very sophisticated sports betting software
- Part of the MGM Rewards loyalty program
- Caesars has a larger sign-up offer
- Smaller selection of odds boosts than FanDuel and Caesars
BetRivers is an online sportsbook operated by a Chicago-based business named Rush Street Interactive. It was created as the digital arm of the company’s Rivers Casino resorts in Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania. The sportsbook is powered by Kambi, offering a polished user experience and a comprehensive selection of bets.
The BetRivers sign-up bonus is a second chance free bet of up to $500. If your first wager loses, you will be refunded with a free bet within 24 hours. It has a 1x rollover requirement, and you can choose any market with minimum odds of -200. There are then lots of profit boosts to claim, along with odds boosts, free-to-play contests and perks through the iRush Rewards program.
- Lots of bonuses and promotions
- Excellent user experience for mobile bettors
- World-class mobile casino
- Very thorough loyalty program for sports bettors
- Long list of prop bets on big games
- Smaller sign-up bonus than rivals
- Does not have a unique user experience
Betway is one of Europe’s largest sports betting operators. Parent company Super Group recently listed on the New York Stock Exchange to bolster its efforts to conquer North America. It is now live in a few states, and it has also launched in Ontario’s regulated sports betting market. This sportsbook is powered by SBTech – a DraftKings subsidiary – and it offers a very accessible sports betting experience for desktop and mobile bettors.
This online sportsbook offers a risk-free bet of up to $250 for all new customers. The mechanics are the same as the sign-up bonuses mentioned above: if your bet loses, you are reimbursed with site credit, which needs to be rolled over once before withdrawing. Betway provides lots of odds boosts too.
- Provides loads of odds boosts and bonuses
- Competitive odds on sports events
- Features include a bet editing tool
- Renowned as a legitimate, reliable online gambling brand
- Relatively small sign-up bonus
- Does not offer a loyalty program
This is the world’s most popular online betting site. It is now live in New Jersey and Colorado, and plans are afoot to expand into Ohio. Bet365 is renowned as a trustworthy sportsbook that pays out quickly and offers a very comprehensive range of betting options. It is famous for launching several key live betting innovations over the years. It offers live streaming, early cash out, partial cash out and various other tools to make the in-play wagering experience exciting.
Bet365 runs a very impressive “bet $1, get $200” sign-up bonus. You can make a deposit of $10 or more and then wager $1 on any sports event to qualify for this welcome bonus. When your $1 bet settles, Bet365 will credit your account with $200 in bonus funds. You only need to satisfy a 1x rollover requirement before cashing out. You can use your $200 on a single pick, or you can split it up into several smaller bets. There are also loads of daily bet boosts, early payout specials and other promotions available for all Bet365 customers.
- Very generous, low-risk sign-up bonus
- The best sportsbook for live betting
- Very high betting limits for anyone with a large bankroll
- Approves payouts instantly via its automated system
- No rewards program or VIP program
- Has been accused of limiting winning players in some countries
Unibet is another European heavyweight on a mission to dominate the United States. A Swedish bookmaker created the business in 1997, and it is now a sprawling global empire with thousands of employees. The company has been renamed Kindred Group, but Unibet is its No. 1 brand.
One point to note is that Unibet created Kambi, the white-label provider. It was spun off as a separate business seven years ago, but Unibet’s sportsbook is still powered by Kambi tech, so the customer experience is very similar to that of BetRivers and MaximBet, which also use Kambi. Where Unibet stands out is with its bonuses, betting limits and customer service, all of which are excellent, and it has a vibrant online casino too.
Unibet also provides new customers with a risk-free bet. If you are in New Jersey, it will give you a $250 cash refund if your first bet loses. That means you can withdraw the funds immediately, with no need to complete any rollover requirements. In all other states, Unibet issues your refund in bonus credits – just like rival sportsbooks – and you need to roll them over 1x before withdrawing.
- Very impressive risk-free bet bonuses
- Trusted sports betting company with decades of experience
- Simple, easy-to-use website and mobile app
- Provides lots of helpful pre-game statistics
- Offers the same user experience as fellow Kambi clients
- Some point spreads could be a little sharper
This is the online sports betting and casino arm of the Nevada casino titan. It is one of the newer arrivals on the scene, having launched in 2020, but it is invested in some appealing promos to catch up with established rivals. The sportsbook is simple, covering fewer sports than rivals, but it has great odds and a reliable app.
In most states, WynnBET runs a “bet $100, get a $100 free bet” bonus for new users. You just need to bet $100 on any event at minimum odds of -120, and you will get a $100 free bet. It has a 1x rollover requirement. Once again, you can choose any market when using your free bet, but it must have minimum odds of -150.
If you are in a state in which WynnBET has an online casino, you will get a $50 free sports bet and $50 in casino credits for placing a $100 bet. In New York, it will only give new players a $5 free bet for placing a $100 wager, which is due to the high taxes sports betting operators must pay in the Empire State. After claiming the welcome bonus, you can redeem weekly offers, including free bets and reduced juice specials each Thursday.
- Appealing sign-up bonus for all new customers
- Often provides reduced juice betting lines
- Lots of free bets available each week
- Part of the Wynn Rewards program
- Covers fewer sports than its competitors
- Small sign-up bonus in New York
Handicapping service Daily Racing Form launched an online sportsbook in Iowa back in January 2022. The plan is to expand it into additional states soon. The sportsbook is powered by Kambi, so you’ll get a similar user experience to Unibet and BetRivers. There was a risk-free bet of up to $500 when it launched, but the new sign-up bonus is more distinctive.
DRF Sportsbook now gives new customers a 100% deposit match bonus worth up to $300. You need to deposit a minimum of $100 to qualify. DRF Sportsbook will match your deposit with bonus funds, up to a $300 maximum. You need to complete a 5x playthrough requirement at minimum odds of -300 on your bonus funds and your initial deposit amount before a withdrawal will be permitted, and you have 14 days to complete that requirement.
- One of the few sportsbooks to offer a deposit match bonus
- Secure sportsbook with reliable payouts
- Offers a great service for horseplayers
- Lots of betting markets
- Only available in Iowa
- Imposes a 5x rollover requirement on bonus funds
Sports Illustrated Sportsbook
888 Holdings launched this sportsbook after securing a deal with Sports Illustrated’s publisher. Its flagship online sportsbook, 888 Sport, struggled to compete with rivals like FanDuel, BetMGM and Caesars, so it is now taking a different tack. It runs on in-house tech, with competitive odds, and there are loads of tempting promotions.
SI Sportsbook offers a “bet $10, get $50 in free bets” sign-up bonus. You just need to sign up and place a $10 qualifying bet, and you will then receive $50 in free bets. Alternatively, you can redeem a “bet $5, win $100” sign-up bonus. In that case, you would need to place a $5 bet at minimum odds of -120, and you would only get the $100 in free bets if your qualifying $5 bet were to win. There are many different free bet promos too.
- Choice of appealing sign-up bonuses
- Lots of additional promotions
- Quick to release sports betting lines
- Simple, convenient banking options
- Does not offer a loyalty program
- Not available in many states yet
What are the best sports betting sign-up offers?
There are three main types of sports betting sign-up offers:
- Risk-Free Bet | With this type of bonus for new users, if your first bet loses, then you get the money back. It is occasionally returned in cash, which you can immediately withdraw, but it is normally paid in free bet credits. They then need to be rolled over 1x before you can cash out the winnings.
- Deposit Match Bonus | Online betting sites with this type of deposit bonus will match your first qualifying deposit with bonus money. The most common offer is a 100% deposit match bonus, but you may find a 50% deposit match or a 200% deposit match offer. A rollover requirement will be imposed on the bonus money.
- Bet and Get | With these sports betting bonuses, you need to place a qualifying bet – either on any market or on a specific sport – to get free bet credits if you claim this type of sign-up bonus. Common examples include “bet $5, get $150” and “bet $10, get $50” offers. There are also “bet and win” sign-up bonuses, which only provide you with bonus credits if your qualifying bet is successful.
What are “terms and conditions?”
All online sports betting sites publish terms and conditions under their bonuses and ongoing promotions. You can read the terms and conditions of sports betting bonus offers to learn how to redeem the offer and what you then need to do before cashing out a profit. These are the main terms:
- Minimum Deposit | Most sports betting sites require you to make a minimum initial deposit to qualify for the sign-up bonus. The minimum deposit limit is usually $10, but it may be $5 or $20 at certain sportsbooks.
- Minimum Bet | A bettor has to make an initial wager to claim risk-free bet offers and “bet and get” bonuses. There is normally a minimum amount that you must wager, such as $10, to earn these types of bonuses.
- Playthrough Requirement | All sportsbook bonuses will have playthrough requirements. This tells you the number of times you need to roll your bonus funds over before cashing out. They are also known as rollover requirements. Most sportsbooks have a 1x requirement, but there is a 5x playthrough requirement at DRF Sportsbook. If you had $200 at DRF Sportsbook, you would need to wager $1,000 before cashing out.
- Minimum Odds | Some qualifying bets have a minimum odds stipulation. There may also be a minimum odds requirement on bonus funds when you are working on playthrough requirements.
- Restricted Bets | There may be certain restricted bet types, such as a parlay bet or futures bet, when you are trying to satisfy rollover requirements. Free betting credits may also only be eligible for certain betting opportunities.
Sign-Up Bonuses vs. Deposit Bonuses
The terms “sign-up bonus” and “deposit bonus” are often used interchangeably to refer to the same thing: the welcome offer a bettor can receive after signing up at an online sportsbook or casino. A deposit bonus can refer specifically to a deposit match welcome offer, but some online sportsbooks refer to a risk-free bet as a deposit bonus.
Some online casinos refer to their sign-up offers as deposit bonuses to distinguish them from no-deposit bonuses, which award you site credit without requiring you to hand over any of your own money. It is also worth bearing in mind that some sportsbook promos for existing users may be referred to as deposit bonuses.
How To Choose The Best Sign-Up Bonus Offers
The best sign-up bonuses come with simple terms and low playthrough requirements. You can browse the various offers listed on this page and consider which bonuses appeal to your budget and playing style. Players with large bankrolls may opt for the offer of first bet insurance of up to $1,250 at Caesars, whereas more casual bettors might be tempted by the “bet $1, get $200” deal at Bet365 Sportsbook.
We encourage readers to sign up with multiple online sports betting sites and claim all the different sports betting bonuses for new users. You can then test out the different sportsbooks and find which sites offer a betting experience that you enjoy. It will also allow you to shop for the best lines before getting in on the betting action.
Is a crypto sign-up bonus better?
Licensed online sportsbooks do not accept cryptocurrencies. If you land on a sports betting site that accepts Bitcoin or a wide variety of altcoins for deposits and withdrawals, it is likely to be an unregulated, offshore sportsbook.
They may offer large deposit bonuses, but offshore sportsbooks tend to impose very high rollover requirements on the funds. You will also not be protected by state or federal law at those sites, so you may not get your money back if you win, which can spell bad news for bettors.
You’re much better off at a legal sportsbook that can provide a higher level of security. These sites accept traditional banking methods such as credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, bank transfers and eChecks.
FAQs – Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonuses
Online sportsbooks impose rollover requirements on your bonus money to prevent you from simply withdrawing it as soon as it arrives in your account. Measures like this are important to protect sites from bonus abuse and to ensure they can keep offering extra money for sports bettors.
It explains how many times you need to play the bonus funds through before your winnings become eligible for withdrawal in the form of cash.
The best sportsbooks only attach a 1x rollover requirement to their bonus funds, meaning you just need to play them through a single time, and you can then cash out your profits.
You will need to satisfy the wagering requirements attached to your bonus funds before making a withdrawal request. Betting credits need to be rolled over a certain number of times, and there may also be a minimum odds requirement.
When you have satisfied the wagering requirements, any remaining funds will move into your cash balance, and you can then request a payout. Visit the cashier section, select “Withdrawal” and follow the instructions to cash out your funds.
Sign-up bonuses are designed to attract new users to place bets on sports teams. There is intense competition for online sports betting market share, so major sportsbook brands offer sign-up bonuses to distinguish themselves from rival sportsbooks.
Most sign-up bonuses will eventually expire. If you see a welcome bonus you like, it is worth redeeming that offer before it disappears. Any bonus credits you receive from a sign-up offer will also expire if you do not use them in the specified timeframe.
For example, you may need to satisfy the wagering requirements within 14 days. If you fail to do so, the sportsbook will remove the bonus credits, rendering them forfeited.
Most common types of online sportsbook bonuses will expire after a certain period of time.
No, you can only redeem a sign-up bonus once on a particular site. If you claim a welcome bonus, you are precluded from any other welcome offers the site introduces – even if it launches a different sign-up bonus to the offer you previously claimed.
Sportsbooks will not tolerate the same customer signing up for multiple accounts with different details, and you will be banned if you are caught trying to do so. However, you can sign up with lots of different sites if you want to redeem several sign-up bonuses.
Long-term bettors can also receive additional bonuses from a site, though. Registration isn’t your only chance for bonus cash from online betting sites. Players can also benefit from odds boosters, VIP programs, and ongoing bonuses.