Get The Most From Sports Bet Promos
This page highlights the most exciting sports betting promos on offer at the country’s leading online betting sites. You will discover large, attractive welcome bonuses that come with low rollover requirements that make getting in on the betting action more fun. We will also highlight a variety of additional promos, from odds boosts and parlay offers to free bets and contests.
You will learn how to claim a wide variety of sports betting promos, how to understand playthrough requirements, and how you can use your bonus money to enhance your betting experience. We will also break down the key terms you need to know, such as wagering requirements and qualifying bets. Continue reading to discover the best sports betting promos available right now.
What sportsbooks have the best promotions?
Our experts have reviewed every licensed online sportsbook and casino operating in the United States. They focused on the size and variety of the ongoing promotions, along with the ease of the rollover requirements. We eventually determined that these are the 10 best online sportsbook operators and casinos for promotions.
- Caesars – Provides first bet insurance of up to $1,250, plus 1,000 loyalty points
- FanDuel – Offers a $1,000 “no sweat” first bet
- BetMGM – Provides up to a $1,000 risk-free bet for new users
- BetRivers – New users can claim a second chance free bet worth up to $500
- Unibet – Risk-free bet for all new customers
- Bet365 – New customers get a terrific bet $1, get $200 sign-up bonus
- Mohegan Sun Casino – 100% deposit bonus up to $1,000, plus $20 no-deposit bonus
- WynnBET – Runs a bet $100, get $100 free bet bonus in most states
Sportsbooks With The Best Promos
We have already rounded up the main betting welcome bonuses from each of the top 10 online betting sites and casinos. Read on to learn more about each of the online sports betting operators, along with a detailed breakdown of the welcome bonus and the other promotions it provides.
Caesars Sportsbook is famous for offering the largest promos in the fast-growing sports betting industry. Owner Caesars Entertainment has deep pockets, and it has invested heavily on bonuses in an attempt to turn Caesars Sportsbook into a leading brand. It will provide new players with a full rebate worth up to $1,250 if your first online sports bet loses. Just sign up, make your first deposit and place a minimum bet of $10 on one of the games listed to qualify. If you win, Caesars will pay you in cash. If you lose, you get the money back as a free bet, with a 1x playthrough requirement.
The welcome bonus also includes 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits for the loyalty program, Caesars Rewards. You will continue earning credits whenever you place sports bets, play online casino games or spend money at land-based Caesars Entertainment venues, such as Harrah’s and Horseshoe casinos. After signing up, you can visit the “Boosts” section of the Caesars Sportsbook app each day to check out a long list of boosted markets, spanning parlays, single game parlays and prop bets.
Head to the promo page to see the various deals available to all users each week. They include profit boosts, free bet deals, giveaways and a referral bonus, which will earn you a free bet worth $100 if you send friends to the site. Your friend just needs to deposit $50 after signing up, and you will both then get the $100 free bet.
- Largest sign-up bonus in the sports betting industry
- Excellent rewards program with a VIP tier
- More odds boosts than any other sportsbooks
- $100 referral bonus, which can be used 10 times
- $20 minimum deposit is higher than rivals
- Does not have a live streaming service
FanDuel Sportsbook is a highly-rated online sportsbook that offers a variety of betting promotions for new players and existing users. It is the top sports betting brand in America by market share, and it also provides an online casino, a DFS site and a racebook in some states. The company recently launched a FanDuel TV network too, featuring live sports events and talk shows focused on sports betting.
This sportsbook offers new players a “no sweat” first bet worth up to $1,000. This offer is similar to the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus: if your first bet loses, you get a refund – paid in free bet credits – of up to $1,000. The free bet credits have a 1x wagering requirement, and you can use them on one wager or multiple wagers. There are separate sign-up bonuses for the online casino, DFS site and racebook.
The additional sports betting bonuses from FanDuel online sportsbook include odds boosts, contests, free bets and parlay insurance. You can place a four-leg parlay or same game parlay and get your money back as a free bet if it loses. The referral bonus is worth $50. There are also crossover promotions with sister site TVG, a leading racebook. FanDuel offers contests too, such as the free-to-play $1,000,000 NFL challenge, a $1,000 NBA Perfect Picks contest or the $20,000 College Football Picks challenge.
- No sweat first bet up to $1,000 when you register
- Provides enhanced odds on big games each day
- Lucrative, free-to-play contests for sports fans
- Great mobile app with lots of betting options
- Does not have a rewards program
- The Caesars sign-up bonus is larger
BetMGM launched an online sportsbook in New Jersey after the US federal sports wagering ban was overturned in 2018. It is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and Entain, the British company that owns brands such as Ladbrokes, Bwin, PartyCasino and PartyPoker. BetMGM has become the most popular online casino and the third most popular sportsbook in America, and it has also expanded into Ontario.
A risk-free bet offer worth up to $1,000 is available to anyone that signs up for a BetMGM account today. Just click the “Claim Deal” button to qualify. The registration process should take just a minute of two, and you can then deposit $10 or more and place a bet on any game. If you win, you get paid out immediately in cash. If your wager loses, you will get the money back as free bet credits.
If your qualifying bet was for less than $50, you will receive the rebate as a single free bet. If it was larger than $50, the rebate will be split into five free bets. The free bets have a 1x rollover requirement, with no restrictions in terms of odds or markets. When you sign up with BetMGM, you will join the MGM Rewards program. It awards you points whenever you wager, and the points will earn you free bets and other rewards. There are also “Lion’s Boost” offers, parlay profit boosts of up to 40%, one game parlay insurance offers and free bet bonuses, plus a referral bonus worth $50.
- Risk-free bet up to $1,000 for new users
- Part of the MGM Rewards loyalty program
- Some of the best parlay bonuses in the industry
- Features include live streaming of NBA games
- Caesars offers more daily bet boosts
- Some rivals provide quicker payouts
BetRivers launched in 2019 as the online sports betting and casino gaming arm of Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh. It has now expanded out of Pennsylvania and into Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Virginia and West Virginia. Rush Street Interactive, a company located in Chicago, owns BetRivers. It uses a sports betting platform from Kambi.
BetRivers and sister site PlaySugarHouse offer an identical welcome bonus: a second chance free bet worth up to $500. If your first bet loses, you will get the money back as a free bet of up to $500. There is a 1x playthrough requirement, which must be completed at minimum odds of -200. After signing up, you will join the loyalty program – iRush Rewards, which is shared with PlaySugarHouse. It works just like MGM Rewards and Caesars Rewards: you get points for placing bets, and they are redeemable for free wagers, while you can also climb up to higher levels and earn better rewards.
Customers can then visit the BetRivers “Promotions” page regularly to find additional bonus offers. They include profit boosts – such as a 20% profit boost on college football and a 20% soccer boost each week. Another promo is parlay insurance. If one leg loses, you get the money back in site credits (1x rollover requirement). There is also first touchdown scorer insurance on NFL and first goal insurance on NHL, along with a range of odds boosts and contests such as a $500,000 same game parlay leaderboard challenge.
- Second chance free bet of up to $500
- 1x rollover requirement on all bonuses
- Best sportsbook for regular profit boosts
- Runs contests offering large prizes
- Smaller sign-up bonus than key competitors
- iRush Rewards is not linked to Rivers Casino resorts
Betway is a large European online gambling brand that was founded in Malta. It has served as the main shirt sponsor of many famous sports teams, and its various marketing activities have turned it into one of the world’s leading sportsbooks. Parent company Super Group is now listed on the New York Stock Exchange. It is a large, legit sports betting business that pays out quickly and reliably.
The Betway welcome bonus is a risk-free bet of up to $250. This is smaller than rival sportsbooks’ sign-up offers, but it compensates by providing an exciting range of additional bonuses and odds boosts. Visit the promo page on a regular basis after creating an account or sign up for promotional emails direct to your inbox, as that will ensure you do not miss any great deals.
- Your first bet is risk-free up to $250
- Publishes lots of daily odds boosts
- Provides useful stats to help sports bettors
- Offers reliable, secure withdrawals
- Smaller sign-up offer than most rival sports betting apps
- Not as widely available as Caesars, FanDuel and BetMGM
Bet365 is the world’s most popular sports betting brand. It is particularly famous for its pioneering work in the live betting sector. The sportsbook offers live streaming, live stats, lots of early cash out options and a very polished all-round in-play betting service, with loads of betting markets. You will also be offered instant withdrawals via some methods, along with plenty of promotions, 24/7 support and very large betting limits. It is only available in Colorado and New Jersey, but the plan is to expand soon.
Bet365 will give new customers $200 in site credits as a reward for placing a simple $1 qualifying wager after registering. This is the best welcome bonus for casual bettors, as you only need to risk a single dollar. The $200 in bonus credits have a 1x rollover requirement, and you are permitted to divide them up any way you like. That gives new players a great chance of winning a cash profit.
Ongoing deals include regular weekly odds boosts, parlay profit boosts and early payout specials. If you bet on a football, basketball, baseball or hockey team and it takes a comfortable lead in the game, you’ll get paid out as a winner even if your chosen team blows that lead. As an example, if your MLB team leads by 5 runs or your NHL team leads by 3 goals, you get an early payout.
- Very appealing “bet $1, get $200” welcome bonus
- Offers early payout specials, bet insurance deals and loads of bet boosts
- Fast, reliable mobile app with cutting-edge software
- Can provide instant payouts
- Does not have a loyalty program
- No sports betting contests
Unibet is one of the most popular sports betting apps in Europe. A Swedish entrepreneur founded the business in his London apartment in the 1990s. It has evolved into a large company called Kindred Group, with thousands of employees and a Nasdaq Stockholm listing, but Unibet is still the main brand.
The company created Kambi, which provides the sports betting platforms for BetRivers, PlaySugarHouse and various others. Unibet spun Kambi off as a separate business in 2014, but it still uses the Kambi platform, so its user experience is almost identical to BetRivers. It stands out by handing out unique, generous promotions, and it has a superb online casino in some states.
Unibet provides all new players with a risk-free bet. In New Jersey, you can sign up and wager $250. If you lose, you will get your money back in cash. That means you can withdraw the funds instantly, with zero rollover requirements, which is very rare. In all other states, Unibet will refund you with bonus credits as opposed to cash, so Garden State bettors are getting an excellent deal. Unibet provides a series of sportsbook promotions for all users too, which will include profit boosts and free bets bonuses.
- Generous, creative sports betting promotions
- Excellent risk-free bet bonus in New Jersey
- An industry heavyweight with a vastly experienced team
- Great online casino in some states
- No loyalty rewards program
- New Jersey bettors receive a better sign-up bonus than players in other states
WynnBET offers a simple, convenient sports betting app in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee and Virginia. It sticks to the most popular sports and events, with a focus on competitive odds, fast navigation and appealing bonuses. Wynn Resorts, a Las Vegas-based casino heavyweight, launched WynnBET in 2020.
WynnBET runs a “Bet $100, Get $100” sports betting bonus for new customers. Your $100 qualifying wager must reach minimum odds of -120. WynnBET will then give you a $100 free sports bet in most states. It has a 1x rollover requirement at minimum odds of -150, and all sports are eligible when satisfying that requirement.
If you are in a state with legal online casino gaming, you will get a $50 free sports bet and $50 in casino credits. The only exception is New York, where new players will only get a $5 free bet, which is down to the state’s 51% revenue tax demands. WynnBET provides lots of additional sportsbook promos, including free bets, parlay bonuses and Wynn Hour, which gives customers the chance to bet on reduced juice lines each Thursday. Our reduced juice sportsbooks page has more details.
- Free $100 bet is available for all new users
- Wynn Hour promo provides reduced juice lines
- More free bet bonuses each week than competitors
- Part of the Wynn Rewards program
What is an online sportsbook promotion?
Sportsbooks offer promotions to generate new business and whip up excitement among their existing player bases. The most prominent promotions are sign-up bonuses, which provide you with an incentive to choose a particular online sportsbook ahead of its various rivals within your state. This type of offer can only be claimed once.
There are also promotions offered on a weekly or monthly basis, which are aimed at all customers – not just new users. That means you can claim these sportsbook promotions many times. They are generally smaller than the sign-up bonuses, but they can also be very appealing. These offers reward you for logging into your account and placing bets on a routine basis.
What online sportsbooks offer promotions?
All online sports betting platforms offer promotions. However, some highly ambitious sportsbooks invest a lot more money over time in promotional credits than the majority of their competitors.
For example, FanDuel has launched a series of high-profile promotions in a bid to establish itself as the No. 1 online sportsbook in the country. That has been a successful endeavor, as it is now the market leader, dominating the other major sportsbooks in some states. It runs ongoing promotions, such as a regular “no sweat” first bet bonus worth up to $1,000; but FanDuel also launches limited-time alternatives, such as the “Bet $5, Win $280” bonus on the last Super Bowl and the “Bet $5, Get $150” offer at the start of the current football season.
BetMGM has also launched loads of exciting sportsbook promotions since it launched in 2018. It has a risk-free bet bonus worth up to $1,000, but BetMGM has also run short-term offers to spark excitement among new customers. The company also runs a large range of additional sports betting promos for all customers, which change throughout the year. Free bets, odds boosters, profit boosts, parlay bet insurance, contests and risk-free bets are just some of the deals it provides
Why do sportsbooks offer promo codes?
Sportsbook promo codes are offered for two reasons. Firstly, the online sports betting site wants to attract new users. They are operating in very competitive markets – there are more than 20 licensed online sportsbooks in states such as Colorado and New Jersey – so sportsbook promos help them to differentiate themselves from rivals. They essentially get you through the door, providing you with an exciting incentive to create an account.
Secondly, they run sportsbook promos in an attempt to keep hold of existing sports fans. There are lots of new and established rivals trying to lure you away, so the rewards programs and additional bonuses rolled out on a weekly basis are designed to foster a sense of loyalty to the brand. Ongoing promotions also encourage you to make more deposits and place more bets.
These companies do not run these promos altruistically. They are simply trying to build up their player bases. However, it is worth remembering that we are still watching things unfold as online sports betting launches as part of the U.S. legal sports betting industry. These sportsbooks are currently incurring losses in most states, as their focus is on growing or protecting market share as opposed to earning profits during this period of time.
At some stage, they will need to switch their models and chase profits, so the sportsbook promos will then become less exciting. For that reason, we advise readers to redeem a wide array of large sportsbook promos now.
How Sports Betting Promos Work
Some sports betting promos require the player to enter a bonus code to redeem the sign-up offer. Others will simply be awarded after you register an account, without requiring you to enter sportsbook bonus codes.
Either way, if you click on the blue “Claim Deal” button underneath any offer posted on TheRX.com, you will qualify for the best bonus. If a code is required, it will be added to your registration form after you click that button, which acts as a bonus link. If no code is necessary, clicking the button will ensure you get the best available deal at an online sportsbook.
You may then receive the bonus funds immediately, or you might need to place a qualifying wager to release the funds. You can follow these steps to claim an online sports betting promo today:
- Click “Claim Deal” to redeem any promo featured at TheRX.com that appeals to you.
- It will take you to the sportsbook’s website in a new window, whereby you will be presented with details of the sportsbook promo.
- Click “Sign Up Now” or “Register” and then fill in the sign-up with your personal information. Agree to the terms and verify your account.
- Most sports betting promos require you to make a qualifying deposit. When your account has been approved, you can head to the cashier section to make a minimum payment, which is usually $10. You can do so online, or you can download the app and make a mobile deposit.
- If you have claimed a deposit match offer, the bonus funds will be released as soon as you make your payment. You then need to complete a rollover requirement on them. It is normally just a 1x requirement. That means you just need to play the credits through once, and any winnings then convert to cash.
- If it is a risk-free bet, an odds boost or an offer such as the “Bet $100, Get $100” deal at WynnBET, you will need to place a wager to release the bonus money. Your credits will either be released after you place your first bet or after it settles. Once again, you will need to satisfy a rollover requirement before a cash withdrawal will be permitted.
Top Sports With Promotions
Most high-profile sports betting welcome bonus offers can be used on any sport, from football and basketball to curling and water polo. However, there are also lots of sports betting bonuses specifically linked to individual sports or leagues. These sports betting promo codes may be aimed at new or existing users. We have rounded up the sports most commonly featured in sports betting promotions:
- Football | Sportsbooks typically launch large NFL-themed sports betting bonuses at the start of the season, during the playoffs and ahead of the Super Bowl. There are more promos tied to the NFL than any other league, and you will notice various NCAAF promos too for betting on college football games. There are often large free bet bonuses available for new NFL bettors, such as “Bet $5, Win $200” deals. Sportsbooks hand out a variety of additional promos for their existing players too, including NFL contests, odds boosts, first touchdown insurance deals and much more.
- Basketball | There are also lots of NBA-themed deposit bonuses and sportsbook promos during the season. They ramp up during the NBA Finals. You should find a ton of March Madness promos during the NCAA Tournament too, including college basketball bracket challenges.
- Baseball | Look out for Major League Baseball welcome bonuses as the World Series approaches. They may take the form of a large odds boost, a risk-free bet or a “bet and get” bonus. Some sportsbooks offer baseball bonuses for existing users too. A common offer awards players a $10 free bet for placing a $25 MLB parlay or same-game parlay. A FanDuel promo named Dinger Tuesdays gives you a free bet each time a home run is hit during a game if you bet on a player to hit a dinger.
- Hockey | There will often be overtime insurance deals, odds boosts and profit boosts available for hockey fans at the best sportsbooks. As is often the case, these online sports betting site bonuses are mainly concentrated on the playoffs.
- Soccer | You might find some soccer bonuses at online sportsbooks, as this sport is growing in popularity. There are early payout specials, odds boosts, parlay insurance deals and other promos to look out for.
- MMA | We have seen some interesting MMA promos in recent years, including odds boosts for new and existing players, money-back specials and contests.
Sportsbook Promo Offer Terms & Conditions
It is always advisable to scan the small print under sports betting bonuses. The terms and conditions will explain what you need to do to qualify and the requirements you need to satisfy before the sportsbook will authorize a withdrawal. These are the most important terms to seek out:
- Rollover Requirement | This term may also be referred to as a wagering requirement, playthrough requirement or turnover requirement. It explains the number of times bonus funds need to be played through before you can cash out. For example, if you have $200 in bonus funds with a 1x wagering requirement, you only need to wager $200 before any profits convert to cash. If it has a 2x wagering requirement, you must wager $400 before requesting a payout.
- Minimum Wager |New players will normally need to make a minimum deposit and then place a minimum wager to claim a bonus. For example, both BetMGM and FanDuel require you a minimum deposit of at least $10 and then wager $10 or more to qualify for the welcome bonus.
- Expiration Date | This tells you when the bonus will stop being offered. Claim it before that date to benefit. Any bonus credits you receive will also have an expiry date. For example, BetMGM will give you seven days to satisfy a 1x rollover requirement. If you do not use the credits before that deadline, they will be forfeited.
- Minimum Odds |Some online sportsbooks impose minimum odds on your qualifying bet. For example, WynnBET requires new players to wager $100 at minimum odds of -120 to qualify. That means a bet at -110 would be acceptable, whereas a bet at -130 would not. Others impose minimum odds on the bonus funds. For example, free bet credits at BetRivers need to be rolled over at minimum odds of -200.
Are there restrictions on betting with bonuses?
Some sports betting bonuses can be used on any sport, league or wagering option, without any minimum odds. Others can only be used on certain sports, leagues or bet types, and they do come with minimum odds restrictions. Check the terms and conditions to see if there are any restrictions. If they are unclear, you can contact customer service to ask.
Can I sign up and create multiple accounts?
You can only create a single account per sportsbook. Companies have sophisticated systems in place to prevent one player from creating a series of duplicate accounts. You will be excluded if you are caught trying to create multiple accounts with a single sportsbook, so we would advise against trying. However, you can create multiple accounts with a variety of different, rival sportsbooks. That will ensure you get all the best sign-up sportsbook bonuses in your state, and you can then line shop before placing a bet.
What is a VIP program?
A popular sportsbook can have a large customer base but, they are always competing with other major sportsbook brands. Many of these online sportsbooks offer VIP programs, or loyalty programs, for long-term sports bettors that stick with their platform.
Perks that come with the VIP program will vary depending on the sportsbook you choose; however, you can benefit from things like recurring deposit bonuses (known as a reload bonus), free betting credits, and other special betting offers.