VIP Loyalty Programs & Rewards
The best online sportsbooks and casinos run loyalty programs to provide their customers with ongoing rewards for placing bets. Examples include Caesars Rewards and MGM Rewards, which allow loyal customers to accumulate points and then trade them in for free bet credits.
These customer loyalty programs are normally tiered. You begin on the bottom rung of the ladder and enjoy improved rewards as you climb up to higher levels. At the very top, you will find the VIP tiers, which are reserved for high-stakes bettors. If you fall into a VIP level, you will enjoy a range of exclusive rewards. Read on to learn more about VIP programs at online gambling sites and mobile apps.
The Best VIP Programs for Sports Betting
We have assessed the VIP and loyalty programs available at the country’s leading online sportsbooks. These are the top six:
- Caesars – Customers join the Caesars Rewards loyalty program
- BetMGM – Earn MGM Rewards points whenever you place bets
- BetRivers – Part of the iRush Rewards program
- WynnBET – Sports bettors and casino players earn Wynn Rewards points
Best Online Sportsbooks With a VIP Rewards Program
Caesars Sportsbook is a great option for high-stakes bettors thanks to its comprehensive VIP program and its high maximum win limits. It recently handed Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale a record $75 million payout after the Houston furniture store owner wagered a total of $10 million on the Astros to win the World Series. Yet you do not need to spend as much as Mattress Mack to qualify for the VIP tier of the Caesars Rewards program.
New customers are automatically enrolled into this program. The welcome bonus earns you 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits to get you started. Players can then earn 1 Reward Credit and 1 Tier Credit for every $5 wagered. Points are also earned when you spend at Caesars Entertainment venues, such as Caesars Palace, Harrah’s, Horseshoe, Tropicana and Eldorado venues. You can then trade in 500 Reward Credits for $1 in free bet credits.
The Tier Credits determine the level you fall into. New players enter the Gold tier, and you will move up to Platinum after accumulating 5,000 Tier Credits. The next step is Diamond, followed by Diamond Plus and Diamond Elite. The top tier, Seven Stars, is the VIP program, which requires you to earn 150,000 Tier Credits. Players in this tier receive a $150 monthly free bet, a $500 celebration dinner, a trip to a Caesars Casino revenue, free hotel stays and upgrades, discounts at gift stores, access to VIP lounges, invitations to events and much more.
- Excellent online sportsbook for high rollers
- Lots of rewards if you fall into the Seven Stars tier
- Earn points at the largest estate of retail casinos in the country
- Very high maximum win limits
- Does not have an online poker room
- No live streaming service
BetMGM is one of the most popular online sportsbooks in the United States, with a reputation for offering great features and large bonuses. It is also the country’s No. 1 online casino brand by market share, and there is an online poker room too. The online sportsbook, casino and poker room are all part of the MGM Rewards loyalty program, so you will earn points whenever you place bets, play casino games or enter poker tournaments. Players can earn points at sister site Borgata online casino and sportsbook too.
There are five tiers: Sapphire, Pearl, Gold, Platinum and Noir. The top tier, Noir, is invite-only and reserved for VIP players. There are lots of perks, including dedicated bonuses, $1,200 per year in air travel credit, a $500 meal, exclusive bonuses and much more.
BetMGM is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and Entain, the British company that runs sites such as Ladbrokes, Bwin, PartyPoker and PartyCasino. You can also earn points by spending money at MGM Resorts venues, such as Bellagio and various other resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, Borgata in Atlantic City and MGM Grand Detroit. Customers also earn MGM Rewards points at Hyatt Hotels, so there are lots of ways to accumulate credits and surge up towards the top tiers.
- Earn points at the online sportsbook, casino and poker room
- Rack up points at Hyatt Hotels venues too
- Unlock rewards at some of the world’s most iconic casinos, such as Bellagio
- Free flight and hotel stay at one of MGM Resorts’ venues each year
- VIP program is invite-only
- Smaller land-based casino estate than Caesars
Wynn Resorts launched an online sportsbook and casino in 2020. Players will join the Wynn Rewards loyalty program upon signing up, which also covers Wynn Las Vegas, Encore Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor. You can earn points at those luxurious resorts and at the company’s properties in Macau.
There are three levels to the Wynn Rewards program: Red, Platinum and Black. The Black tier is for VIP players only, and you will need to earn at least 70,000 points to reach it. Perks include a three-night stay at Encore Boston Harbor, a round of golf, complimentary hotel stays and more.
WynnBET does not take wagers on as many sports as BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook, and it has fewer features. However, it often has very impressive odds. On Thursdays, there are reduced juice specials as part of the Wynn Hour promotion, and it offers reduced vigorish lines on other days of the week too. Reduced juice lines can make a huge difference to your overall profits when placing large wagers, so WynnBET is well worth checking out.
- Not as difficult to reach the top tier as some loyalty programs
- Earn rewards at luxurious casino resorts in Las Vegas and Boston
- Offers reduced juice lines each week
- Simple online sportsbook that makes betting quick
- Only covers 10 sports
- Does not offer many features
BetRivers is the online sports betting and casino arm of the Rivers Casino resorts owned by Chicago-based Rush Street Interactive. It is powered by Kambi, so the sportsbook is user-friendly and very thorough. BetRivers offers additional features too, including live streaming of events such as NHL games, along with a variety of profit boosts, stats and tips. This is the quickest online sportsbook for withdrawals thanks to the automated RushPay system.
The BetRivers loyalty program is called iRush Rewards. It is open to customers of BetRivers and its sister site, PlaySugarHouse, which is available in Connecticut. The program is similar to the Caesars Rewards program, as you earn Loyalty Level points and Bonus Store points concurrently. The former will determine which tier you slot into and the latter can be traded for free bets. There are 11 tiers, and you will hit Level 10 by earning 20,000 points.
Level 11 is by invite only. The top perks include “ultra-luxury VIP” gifts, a free Apple or Android playing device, a dedicated VIP concierge and elite VIP promotions. In Level 1, you receive 1 point for every 6 wagered, but that goes up to 1 point for every $0.50 wagered by the time you reach Level 10 or Level 11.
- Dedicated promotions and gifts for VIP players
- Excellent redemption rates for Level 10 and Level 11 players
- Offers a comprehensive choice of betting options
- Provides very quick withdrawals
- Separate to the three-tier Rush Rewards program at Rivers Casino
- Does not offer a unique online sports betting experience
How does a VIP program work?
Each VIP program has slightly different mechanics. There are typically three ways to secure access to the VIP program:
- You can earn a certain number of points in the rewards program, such as 150,000 at Caesars Rewards.
- The sportsbook or casino may invite you to join the VIP program if it notices that you are placing large bets.
- You can apply to join the VIP program if you feel your play warrants entry.
In some ways, the VIP program will be similar to the lower tiers. You accumulate rewards points when you place bets, and then you trade them for free bet credits. However, loyal customers in the VIP tier will also receive exclusive perks, such as luxury gifts, tailored promos and dedicated account managers.
If a sportsbook is owned by a casino company, it will roll out the red carpet for VIP program members when you visit one of its resorts. For example, you will enjoy perks at Bellagio, Borgata and MGM Grand if you reach the top tier of the MGM Rewards program.
What are sports betting loyalty programs?
Loyalty programs are similar to VIP programs, but they do not offer as many perks. The main advantage of joining a loyalty program is the ability to redeem free bets in exchange for the points you accumulate. These are some common programs that reward customer loyalty:
- Online tiered loyalty programs, such as the 11-level program at BetRivers, feature VIP levels if you place a large volume of bets.
- Crossover programs that cover online and retail sportsbooks and casinos, such as MGM Rewards, Caesars Rewards and Wynn Rewards.
- Simple, points-based programs, such as the PointsBet program.
Online Sportsbook Loyalty Program Tips
- Conduct research and find the loyalty program that will offer the best redemption rate for the bet types you typically place.
- If you want to move up to higher tiers, it is beneficial to place most of your bets at a single sportsbook, so choose one that offers appealing odds, such as WynnBET.
- Find ways to increase your points tally offline. For example, you can earn MGM Rewards points by staying at Hyatt Hotels.
- Speak to the customer service team about the exclusive promotions available to online sports betting customers within the loyalty program. That will ensure you do not miss out on anything.
- If you feel you merit VIP customer status, do not be afraid to ask.
- Sign up with a sportsbook that sponsors a team you are passionate about, as you will often then receive game-day experiences via the loyalty program.
FAQs – Sports Betting VIP Programs
It is always worthwhile to join the VIP tier of an online sportsbook’s rewards program if you qualify. That will entitle you to an enhanced customer experience, and the perks can include expedited withdrawals, a dedicated account manager, luxury gifts, birthday meals and better point redemption rates than those offered to customers in the standard tiers.
You can establish whether a contest is free to enter or if a fee is required, or whether you need to have placed a certain volume of wagers to take part. Higher-stake contests may have more stringent rules.
The special perks available will be different from one online betting loyalty club to the next. When you place wagers, you will accumulate loyalty points, which you can then exchange for free bet credits at a rate displayed on the site.
Yet VIP membership will also include additional perks, such as tailored bonuses, improved redemption rates, quick withdrawals, invitations to exclusive events and gifts. If you qualify for the VIP program, you will be able to call a dedicated account manager, who can explain precisely how to make the most of the VIP perks on offer.
Casino VIP programs are designed to reward high-stakes players for placing bets. Most online casinos offer a rewards program, whereby players accumulate points whenever they spend money on slots and table games.
Customer loyalty programs for online VIP casinos are often tiered, with high-spending players falling into the loyalty levels at the top of the pyramid.
If you qualify for the VIP program, you will get better rewards than the majority of players, but you will need to maintain a reasonably high betting volume playing casino games to remain part of the program