The NFL Draft is behind us, and we have a great idea of what to expect for all NFL teams moving forward. Outside of camp battles and a few free agents, we know what lineups will look like to open the season.
That means that when we make our NFL picks and futures predictions, we can base our opinions on some sort of fact. We’re still speculating to a degree, but most of our questions have been answered.
After this milestone, let’s take inventory of the best bets to make for the upcoming season. We’ll start with a solid pick before looking at value wagers.
Philadelphia Eagles to Make the Super Bowl
These are the reasons why I love this pick.
- • The Eagles extended Jalen Hurts without damaging the cap, meaning they could retain many key contributors from last year’s team.
- • Philadelphia added multiple starting-caliber players at key positions, including Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith and Tyler Steen.
- • This team is deep in the right positions.
I know that it’s hard to make it back to the Super Bowl after losing the previous year. However, this team has what it takes to defy the odds.
Leadership matters in the postseason, and this team retained some of the key veterans who led the locker room last season. Also, they added depth to the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Jalen Hurts is an ascending quarterback with room to grow, and this team has a clear identity. They should make the NFL Playoffs with ease and could easily be the top seed of the NFC once again.
The other reason why I love this pick is because of what other teams did. While the Eagles had one of the best drafts in the NFL, their competition struggled. The 49ers added special teams players too early and missed out on chances to upgrade the defense. The Cowboys got quality players, but they still have questions surrounding the tight end position.
NFL Pick: Philadelphia Eagles to Make the Super Bowl (+400) at BetMGM
Carolina Panthers to Win NFC South
Here’s why I love this pick.
- • The Panthers play in the worst division in the NFL, and every team has a new quarterback.
- • Carolina almost won this division last year despite having the most inconsistent quarterback play in the country.
- • Bryce Young with an elite offensive line will be hard to stop, and Miles Sanders gives the offense balance.
Frank Reich is likely the best coach in the NFC South already. He knows how to maximize potential with quarterbacks, and he has been gifted one of the most talented players in recent memory.
Bryce Young always knows what to do with the football in his hands. He can navigate messy pockets and make key plays down the field with his legs and his arm. His leadership will be a sight for sore eyes in Carolina, and this team has enough talent around him to compete.
I’d love to see an upgrade at receiver, but this group is still talented enough to get the job done. Also, Sanders is a quality receiver out of the backfield, and Young is coming out of a system where Jahmyr Gibbs was his leading receiver.
NFL Pick: Carolina Panthers to Win NFC South (+350) via BetMGM
Bryce Young for Offensive Rookie of the Year
There are many reasons why I like this pick.
- • Quarterbacks are more likely to become Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- • Bryce Young will start in Week One, giving him an entire season to boost his stats.
- • Young’s background will put the spotlight on him.
Bryce Young is easily the best rookie quarterback in this class, so having this type of value for Offensive Rookie of the Year is insane. Even though Bijan Robinson is going to have a solid rookie campaign, no one has a chance to put up the numbers that Bryce Young will.
Frank Reich is going to put Young in a position to succeed. He’s developed quarterbacks in different systems, and Young’s ability to extend plays will be valuable in the Panthers’ offense.
All eyes will be on Young, and that is where he’s thrived in the past. In his first year starting for Alabama, he won the Heisman Trophy. I’m not saying that Young is going to carry the Panthers to a Super Bowl, but he will look like the best rookie quarterback.
NFL Pick: Bryce Young for Offensive Rookie of the Year (+500) via BetMGM